1. I want to have pancakes for dinner, but am still having a terrible time deciding which ones. They have to be extra special since it’s National Pancake Day. And it’s the perfect excuse to eat an obscene amount of sugar for dinner. Which would you choose?

2. Remember when I told you about Julie, who is cooking a recipe from How Sweet It Is everyday for one year? She is still going strong and wrote a recap of the first month. She rocks.

3.  I had the best sandwich ever for lunch. I don’t consider myself a sandwich person, but I still had a ton of that whole grain bread to use. My sandwich had turkey, avocado, hummus, tomato, sweet and hot honey mustard and sauteed mushrooms. Oh, and 3 chips. Yes, 3 chips. I always used to put chips on my sandwich on Sunday afternoons at Mother Lovett’s house. Retro!

4. I do not suggest watching Castaway two days before you go on a plane ride. I did this once, and it was horrifying. I was reminded of this last evening since Castaway was on HBO. Then I had a dream last night that I was screaming “Wilson!” while laying on the beach mid-photo shoot like they did on The Bachelor a few weeks ago. Except I didn’t look like them. Seriously.

5. On Sunday, I watched Mr. How Sweet grill a burger, top it with cheese, and then top it with turkey. Like, deli turkey. Applegate Farms Organics to be exact. Multiple slices. I just stared at him. Why?!

6. This is my Tuesday treat.

And my Monday treat, my Sunday treat, my Friday treat…

46 Responses to “Tuesday Treats.”

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin — March 1, 2011 @ 8:19 pm

Ohh I didn’t know it was National Pancake Day! I gotta get on that train!

Dominique @ The Good Life — March 1, 2011 @ 8:20 pm

How about pumpkin pancakes (maybe with some butterscotch chips or chocolate chips?) with some sort of caramel glaze?

Cait — March 1, 2011 @ 8:24 pm

Cake Batter pancakes, but mix it with the peanut butter pancakes. With chocolate chips. So it’ll be Peanut butter chocolate cake batter pancakes. With sprinkles and some type of delicious glaze.

• Jessica — March 1st, 2011 @ 11:32 pm

That sounds like heaven.

Elizabeth@The Sweet Life — March 1, 2011 @ 8:25 pm

Pancakes make an excellent dinner. Castaway is such a good movie–Tom Hanks did an amazing job.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — March 1, 2011 @ 8:28 pm

Eeww, I’m with you on the turkey slice burger. It sounded good up until that!

Kelly — March 1, 2011 @ 8:31 pm

Spencer puts chips on his sandwiches too!!

He also would probably like that meaty meat and cheese burger that Mr. How Sweet Made, but I’m on your side with that one :)

And now that I know its national Pancake Day, I think we’ll be having pancakes for dinner too!!

RhodeyGirl — March 1, 2011 @ 8:35 pm

How about trail mix pancakes? dried cherries or cranberries, walnuts, and mini chocolate chips? maybe a little shredded coconut for fun too?

janetha @ meals and moves — March 1, 2011 @ 8:44 pm

i dont eat candy bars often, but when i do, they are usually toblerone! so good.

• Jessica — March 1st, 2011 @ 11:30 pm

Janetha… you just ruined my thoughts of Toblerone. I have never considered them a “candy bar,” more so of a “this-is-a-bar-I-buy-and-steal-random-triangles-of-chocolate-from-throughout-the-week” bar. Now my poor Toblerone has been downgraded!

Gen — March 1, 2011 @ 8:51 pm

Toblerone rocks!!! =D
    I’d go with Red Velvet pancakes, topped with vanilla glaze!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — March 1, 2011 @ 8:59 pm

Toblerones. One summer when I was about 10, I think I ate one EVERY DAY! Memories :)

Mama Pea — March 1, 2011 @ 9:07 pm

Every time I go on a plane, I’m thinking about the opening sequence of LOST. Not good.

AJ — March 1, 2011 @ 9:09 pm

Cake batter pancakes with chocolate chips!

Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef — March 1, 2011 @ 9:16 pm

i’m having apple pancakes tonight. i can’t wait!

BrightBakes — March 1, 2011 @ 9:31 pm

My vote (as far as the pancakes go) is being cast for Two Peas and Their Pod’s Streusel-Topped Panackes. They are off. The. Hook!!
    love,
    cathy b.

Brianna — March 1, 2011 @ 9:32 pm

peanut butter chip pancakes. My husband devoured these made from The New Best Recipe version of buttermilk pancakes (with real buttermilk) and Reese’s peanut butter chips. He then covered them in homemade lemon curd. Not sure I’m a fan of the lemon-peanut butter combo, but he loved it. But peanut butter chips are amazing. http://familybelly.blogspot.com/2011/02/no-bake-lemon-cream-cheese-pie.html

Ann — March 1, 2011 @ 9:54 pm

I am totally with you on chips in your sandwich. They significantly improve a sandwich eating experience. Almost as important as cutting the bread on the diagonal.

Eat more cherry vanilla bean pancakes, because those look spectacular!

melissa — March 1, 2011 @ 10:27 pm

Chocolate Chip Pancakes (with bacon on the side, of course!) http://iwasborntocook.blogspot.com/2011/02/breakfast-on-snow-day.html

I almost bought Toblerone today at Trader Joe’s, but I’m trying to “behave”. Trying.

Holly — March 1, 2011 @ 11:06 pm

So funny, I was JUST thinking about Julie & how her challenge was going! Glad to hear it’s going well :)
    And I put chips on my sandwiches too…I love the added crunch..delish!
    I think you should do a day of ‘Mr. How Sweet’ eats…I think it would make me laugh because whenever I read about his random eats they always have me cracking up :D

• Jessica — March 1st, 2011 @ 11:27 pm

I’m totally going to do that!

Eunice — March 1, 2011 @ 11:23 pm

You can never go wrong with blueberry pancakes. I just bought some blueberries and those will be breakfast tomorrow. But if you’re looking for something extra special, I would go with carrot cake pancakes. Amazing!

• Jessica — March 1st, 2011 @ 11:26 pm

Girl… you realize you just suggested for me to put a VEGETABLE in pancakes? Not happening.

• Eunice — March 1st, 2011 @ 11:29 pm

Bah! I forgot who I was talking to! :)

rebecca lustig — March 1, 2011 @ 11:25 pm

I’ll never understand guy’s sense of tastes. Nor do I want to, haha

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — March 1, 2011 @ 11:47 pm

I had pancakes for dinner! Peanut butter with blackberries dripping all over it! I was in heaven!

Alaina — March 2, 2011 @ 12:11 am

Late night pancakes! Now where’s the nearest Ihop? :-P

I love toblerones!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — March 2, 2011 @ 12:18 am

Toblerone is SO good! I used to love putting chips on tuna fish sandwiches.

Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons — March 2, 2011 @ 1:45 am

Girrrlllll I totally had dark chocolate chip pancakes for dinner =) de-lish! Can’t wait to see what you made for national pancake day! <3

Donna — March 2, 2011 @ 1:46 am

Hahhahaaaaa i have the same kind of dreams :)
    I LOVE chips on sandwiches, perfect
    Can’t wait to see what pancakes you make!

VeggieGirl — March 2, 2011 @ 1:47 am

LOVE Toberlone.

Megan — March 2, 2011 @ 1:56 am

It’s for dinner? One banana pancake, one peanutbutter pancake and one chocolate chip… with a melted peanutbutter “syrup/glaze”

mmmmm

Although your cherry ones sound delicious… reminds me of when my dad told me you can’t make banana pancakes… he was wrong! lol

If I wanted to be less sugary… mixed berry from the TJs berry cherry mix… mmmm

Paige @ Running Around Normal — March 2, 2011 @ 2:26 am

Mmm Toblerone :)
    And how awesome is Julie?!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — March 2, 2011 @ 2:35 am

I love your random posts like this. Sometimes the husband (okay always) takes bread and stuffs his dinner into it.. like pasta, rice, etc… inside a sandwich. Not joking.

Hannah — March 2, 2011 @ 3:15 am

Um…. deep-fried pancakes wither melted peanut butter chocolate sauce?

Amy at TheSceneFromMe — March 2, 2011 @ 3:27 am

Today is Peanut Butter Lover’s Day too! So I had pb on an Ezekiel english muffin for breakfast. Then for the da bomb, we cut up one of our World’s Largest Reese’s Cups that I bought at Hershey in NYC. THose things are so thick and huge. No fear, 132 grams of fat in them together. I didn’t eat but a few bites I swear. More tomorrow…after the gym!

• Jessica — March 2nd, 2011 @ 3:38 am

That sounds amazing.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — March 2, 2011 @ 4:41 am

I totally missed out on national pancake day, but isn’t every day good for pancakes? Hehe

Chelsea — March 2, 2011 @ 4:47 am

I make a pretty mean sandwich, and that one sounds really good! I’m obsessed with sandwiches and could eat them everyday!

Joy the baker has awesome pancake recipes if you are indeed going to be celebrating national pancake day with pancakes for dinner! :D

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — March 2, 2011 @ 4:57 am

Toblerone is my fave chocolate bar :-)

Happy When Not Hungry — March 2, 2011 @ 12:19 pm

Your Tuesday treat looks amazing! Hope you enjoyed it :-)

Kacy — March 2, 2011 @ 3:14 pm

In my body pump class last night two women were talking about the girls on The Bachelor and how Chantal O. (the brunette one that kind of looks like Tiffany Amber Theissan) has “gotten so chunky” and that the guy won’t pick her because she’s “a porker”. I wanted to throw hand weights at their faces. She has a great body. Sorry, ramble. I’d also bet you’d look very hot topless rolling around in a photo shoot. Fact :)

LOVE Toblerone. And chips on sandwiches.

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — March 3, 2011 @ 1:30 am

Haha, I am totally for the Pancakes at dinner! ;)

xoxo
    Kathleen

becky — March 3, 2011 @ 7:09 am

I buy Applegate Farms turkey!!! I am telling you what, anyone who thinks non-organic deli meat is just as good as organic is seriously deranged. it is worth anything extra I spend. The flavor is so fresh! :)

• Jessica — March 3rd, 2011 @ 11:38 am

I totally agree! I have never, ever liked deli meat and this is pretty good!

Kyra — October 16, 2012 @ 6:27 pm

So cute! I am making these for my small group… Hope they turn out that good! :)