Occasionally I get the impression that you guys think I’m… exaggerating about Mr. How Sweet’s food consumption.

I wish I was. Trust me.

If I was, we’d have a lot more money and a lot more shoes in my closet. Well, okay, we wouldn’t have more money then. But shoes, yes.

Yesterday, Mr. How Sweet took pictures of his food! So this is what he ate on a weekend. It’s different than his weekdays, but do you think he is about to take a picture of his food at work?

On weekdays he usually eats breakfast at about 5:30, but weekends it is more like 8.

Yesterday was 3 eggs and 2 Trader Joe’s waffles. I had some waffles too. So good.

Then an hour later, he ate a frozen Greek yogurt.

This was his pre-workout snack. He went to lift weights and grunt like man for a few hours.

He had to stop at the grocery store after the gym, because we can’t let one day go by without going to the store. He got hangry and had this disgusting protein bar.

I’d rather gnaw on a rotten stalk of broccoli than eat that.

Well, sort of.

He came home and prepared his first lunch. Yes… his first.

Chicken, baked beans and brown rice. Notice the beautiful, bright green veggies. Lunch of champions. Or… lunch of manly men who wear sleeveless shirts and listen to Taylor Swift on iTunes for 40 minutes.

An hour later, he was still hungry.

Out comes another frozen Green yogurt.

Late afternoon, he is famished. I mean, so hungry that he just can’t see straight. I can’t expect him to sit there and suffer, he tells me.

He makes a chicken sandwich with deli ham, cheese and honey mustard. He called it his take on chicken cordon bleu. He was quite impressed with himself. He made extra so he could have it for lunch today.

Then, since we didn’t get to have our usual Friday night pizza, we ordered some. (PS-> updated What We Ate!)

I was going to make homemade pizza, but we were out of cheese. Quite surprising, considering we were at the grocery store 6 times since Friday – between the both of us.

He had 7 slices.

So that’s that. Weekdays are fairly similar – usually he eats all of that food, plus 2 or 3 english muffins with peanut butter and jelly during the day and pretzels or pita chips after dinner. You’d think I’m feeding a family of 4.

Help.

69 Responses to “What Mr. How Sweet Eats In A Day.”

my little celebration — March 7, 2011 @ 9:10 pm

wow, now that is a MAN sized appetite. There’s no way I could compete with that..

Heidi — March 7, 2011 @ 9:33 pm

Wow that is a lot of food. That reminds me of my little brother in law. He once was sick and stayed home from school. He did nothing all day except watch tv and yet there wasn’t 5 minutes where he wasn’t eating something. He literally ate from the second he got up. And when I thought he was full, he dug into the very back of the cupboard and heated an entire can of chunky soup to eat all to himself. Oh and he was better the next day.
    It ain’t fair.

Stacey — March 7, 2011 @ 9:33 pm

Yeah, it’s unfair how much men can eat! Sometimes I wish I was a man.

Kendall — March 7, 2011 @ 9:34 pm

Oh I can totally relate. My husband can eat like a horse, yet has the metabolism of a teenager. No fair!

Tracey — March 7, 2011 @ 9:37 pm

Wow, and I thought MY husband had a big appetite!

janetha @ meals and moves — March 7, 2011 @ 9:37 pm

Some guys. Marshall is the same way, he eats 2-3 Chobanis a day, along with 4,000 other calories.

Chicago Cuisine Critique — March 7, 2011 @ 9:48 pm

That’s a lot of food! I can’t imagine what I would look like if I consumed all of that in one day. All I know is it wouldn’t be pretty..

Gen — March 7, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

what an appetite! loved this post! =D

Salah@myhealthiestlife — March 7, 2011 @ 10:02 pm

hahaha wow!!! I’m impressed….lol

Kim in MD — March 7, 2011 @ 10:04 pm

That is so funny! You really aren’t kidding when you post about how much he eats! Doesn’t it stink that we (meaning women) can’t eat that much?

Did you mean to say “hangry”? Is that a combination of “him” and “angry”? If so, that is hysterical! We could also say he was “mangry”! :-)

Christina — March 7, 2011 @ 10:21 pm

Goodness! Where does he store all that food? ;)

Katie — March 7, 2011 @ 10:21 pm

Too funny! I love that he wanted to post this. My boyfriend’s had his fast food post sitting on my desktop for a year now!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — March 7, 2011 @ 10:22 pm

That boy can eat!!

Michelle — March 7, 2011 @ 10:23 pm

I’m so glad to hear that I’m not the only one that goes to the grocery store so often! I find myself in there every other day it seems….then my husband never fails to remind me that I “forgot something”. Guess I don’t plan ahead too well!

Jo @ Jo In the Kitchen — March 7, 2011 @ 10:27 pm

My husband is about the exact opposite! He can go days and not feel hungry, he’ll eat at meal times because he feels like he’s supposed to, but only about half of what he dishes up. After a few days of that, he’ll eat like Mr. How Sweet for a day, and then he’s good to go for another week. So hard to plan for!

justine @ you're so martha — March 7, 2011 @ 10:29 pm

wow, and i thought my husband ate a lot!

Jessica - Dinners, Desserts & More — March 7, 2011 @ 10:33 pm

wow that puts my husband’s eating to shame! And I thought he could pack it in.

Eunice — March 7, 2011 @ 10:54 pm

I feel ya, girl. Replace the pizza with 3 protein shakes and that could be Kohy (carbs don’t agree with his precious abs). I seriously don’t know what we’re going to do when we actually have kids to feed.

Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana — March 7, 2011 @ 11:05 pm

I would give my right arm to eat that much food and not have to worry about being a whale.

rebecca lustig — March 7, 2011 @ 11:16 pm

Seriously, men should not complain about the money we spend on clothing and shoes without considering how much is spent on their food!! lol

Jil @ Big City, Lil' Kitchen — March 7, 2011 @ 11:17 pm

So.much.food! haha

jpw — March 8, 2011 @ 12:08 am

i, too, partake in protein bars. tell your hubby to try supreme protein, if he hasn’t yet. i HATE protein bars, but use them for convenience. the supreme protein bars taste (almost) like candy bars! :-)

vanillasugarblog — March 8, 2011 @ 12:16 am

is it gross that i eat that much food too?
    i do lift a lot of weights though….i hate to walk, run and all that happy horseshit but i love to lift weights. burns calories way faster than any other exercise. (you know this already). but it makes you realllllllly hungry.

Mary @ Bites and Bliss — March 8, 2011 @ 12:23 am

Wow, he does have a very healthy palate for a guy! Go him!

Andrea@Vegvacious — March 8, 2011 @ 12:25 am

Wow, your man can certainly put it back!!
    That is an incredible appetite – I thought my husband ate alot….until now :-)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — March 8, 2011 @ 12:25 am

Boo to all men out there who can eat everything they want. My husband’s appetite is the same. Although he’ll go some days where he’s not hungry at all and other days where he won’t stop eating!!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — March 8, 2011 @ 12:29 am

I’d love Mr. How Sweet’s metabolism! I’ve never frozen greek yogurt- what is the texture like?

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — March 8, 2011 @ 12:33 am

HOLY HELL!!!! That is a LOT of food! He must work out HARD!

Jihane (Sinful Sundays) — March 8, 2011 @ 12:42 am

See, I love a man who can eat! I was dating this guy and he ate like a bird–it was so unattractive–we did not last…

Summer S. — March 8, 2011 @ 12:49 am

all i can think of when i read this post is “HOW EXPENSIVE!” i get mad at my hubs if he even looks at my greek yogurt. and my hubs also eats a couple pb&j’s throughout the day as snacks or dessert. that’s a lot of protein…is he a body builder? or at least very interested in muscle mass? just curious.

• Jessica — March 8th, 2011 @ 12:54 am

Haha! He is not a bodybuilder but yes, does list heavy/does some powder lifting and is just into fitness in general. We met through one of my clients so fitness is sort of what brought us together… but after I competed in fitness I pretty much grew out of the tons-of-protein phase… he didn’t. :)

trang — March 8, 2011 @ 12:56 am

amazing. it’s pretty safe to say that you married an Appetite with a side of Man.

you two are just too cute…6 times! well at least the money is being put to good use.

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — March 8, 2011 @ 1:33 am

My husband seriously eats like a bird most of the time. Until dinner, then he EATS everything. The man eats nothing for breakfast, or lunch. Then goes all out at dinner. I don’t get it. If I don’t eat every three hours, someone’s in trouble. Mr. Fish just doesn’t get it.

carolinebee — March 8, 2011 @ 1:38 am

hahahha..UUGHHHH i want to be a man….

Kath — March 8, 2011 @ 1:48 am

Fun post! We would definitely be broke if Matt ate that much :)

Melissa — March 8, 2011 @ 1:54 am

Sweet Jesus. That is impressive. Imagine what he was like as a teenager! Yeesh!

Rachel — March 8, 2011 @ 2:18 am

This is too funny! Must be a man thing…my hubby eats like this too, and he’s still thin! Makes me sick :-p

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — March 8, 2011 @ 3:06 am

My stomach hurts reading this. I hope he can keep up that metabolism for a good long while! My fiance eats like a bird, which I also find comical.

Alexa @ SimpleEats — March 8, 2011 @ 3:12 am

I read this twice, laughed a ton, and realized that I could probably eat all of this, too. Does that me gross? Probably. But that protein bar would definitely have to go. Yuck.

Tracie — March 8, 2011 @ 3:17 am

frozen chobani?! Why have I never thought of that?! Props to Mr. HS

Hannah — March 8, 2011 @ 3:24 am

Is it weird that I actually don’t think this is very much food? Apart from the seven slices of pizza, I think I’d eat a comparable amount, with far more dessert-ish snacks, and no exercise… Hmm.

Tracy — March 8, 2011 @ 3:31 am

I feel your pain. My hubby also eats a ton…most of my recipes are really for 4 people. Either he eats 3/4 and I eat the other 1/4, or we have some leftovers for lunch the next day.

Brittney — March 8, 2011 @ 3:47 am

Too funny! My ex could pack away a large pizza by himself in 10 minutes and STILL want more. I don’t get it lol.

Leah @ Why Deprive? — March 8, 2011 @ 4:25 am

Wow – that is some manly food isnt it? LOTS of protein!

Hannah (Hannah Lives) — March 8, 2011 @ 5:34 am

I guess growing boys never stop growing… ;-)

Foxy — March 8, 2011 @ 10:07 am

HAHAHAHAHAAAAA sounds like my man! Loved this post!

KRISTY — March 8, 2011 @ 12:49 pm

I FEAR FOR YOUR FUTURE CHILDREN. IMAGINE HAVING A SON OR TWO THAT ATE THAT MUCH! WAIT A MINUTE….. WHERE IS MR.SWEETS DESSERT? :-)

• Jessica — March 8th, 2011 @ 12:52 pm

I know! I worry about that all the time. And he rarely eats dessert – he’s rather have food like chicken or steak.

Emily — March 8, 2011 @ 1:11 pm

I sorry but did you steal my husband. I feel the exact same way. Every time I turn around my man is sneaking some other food. He has like 3 dinners before bedtime. Crazy! I found this very amusing and am happy that someone else shares my husband food woes.

Lauren @ Healthy Food For Living — March 8, 2011 @ 2:11 pm

This post is great – I’m pretty impressed with some of the meals he came up with! My husband’s eating pattern is fairly predictable, as well. I’m tempted to suggest documenting his eats for a day ;).

kate@ahealthypassion — March 8, 2011 @ 2:20 pm

Hahah love this post, my boyfriend is the same way he eats pretty much what I eat, so a lot of greens and mostly vegetarian, but multiplied by 349 its crazy I seriously cant imagine how much money we would have if he ate normally.

Jane B — March 8, 2011 @ 3:25 pm

That’s a lot of food but…where are the veggies? I know you’re not a fan but does Mr HS not like them too?
    If I ate all that in a day, without some fresh fruit and veg, I’d feel like I had a ball of concrete in my stomach for the next week…

• Jessica — March 8th, 2011 @ 3:58 pm

No he really doesn’t care about veggies. I often make them as a side for dinner and he will force a few down, but otherwise he finds them to be a “waste” of calories. Yes, he is insane. He eats a ton of fruit and a ton of fiber, so trust me… no problem there… lol.

• Jane B — March 9th, 2011 @ 1:34 am

Haha, thanks for answering the question I dare not ask re: “fibre” :)
        At least he eats a tonne of fruit…
        Had a good giggle about veggies being a “waste” of calories!