1. These brownie pops. i.can’t.stop.staring. They take my sprinkles fixation to an entirely new level.

2. Dried figs.

I ate my first dried fig 6 years ago and have been hooked ever since. But I go through phases. Sometimes I can’t find them for weeks, even months. When I do find them… hands off. All mine. They are like candy. Yes, I like fresh figs too. But fresh figs in Pittsburgh? Pfffff. Not sure why we can’t find them in this beautiful tropical climate.

3. Pinterest. i.can’t.stop.pinning. Help.

59 Responses to “Current Obsessions.”

d.liff @ yelleBELLYboo — April 20, 2011 @ 4:24 pm

I think of you every time I see fun sprinkles! I just saw some gorgeous sprinkles at HomeGoods and not too expensive! I bought a jar of BRIGHT PINK!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — April 20, 2011 @ 4:25 pm

Those brownie pops are gorgeous! I just joined pinterest but have no clue how to use it!

Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons — April 20, 2011 @ 4:26 pm

Hehe! my fellow pinterest junkie! <3 How did we not have this from the very start!? so awesome. esp since ive had my bookmarks accidentally erased TWICE! pinning is way more "permanent" lol

MWAH!

• Jessica — April 20th, 2011 @ 4:27 pm

It’s so addicting!

Gen — April 20, 2011 @ 4:26 pm

Those brownie pops are gorgeous!!!!! :D

brandi — April 20, 2011 @ 4:28 pm

I love the brownie pops! I made brownie bites a few months ago, and they were so fun! Plus, just good and all chocolate :)

ALSO – please remind me in a few months and I’ll try to send you some fresh figs! I’ve never had them, but the yard at our new house has 2 fig trees :) I’m excited. Guess I better get some recipes together before they start coming in!

• Jessica — April 20th, 2011 @ 4:31 pm

Oh I am so jealous!

Holly @ The Runny Egg — April 20, 2011 @ 4:29 pm

That fig is so cute. I can never find them in MN either :(

Those brownie pops are so adorable!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — April 20, 2011 @ 4:35 pm

I’m avoiding pinterest – people are trying to lure me in but I’m resisting.

• Jessica — April 20th, 2011 @ 4:50 pm

Give in. Do it.

Candice — April 20, 2011 @ 4:37 pm

I will stay up pinning past midnight, then wake up in the morning and go, “Auugh, why am I so tired??” and then think, “Oh, right, I was pinning” and NOT BE UPSET with myself. LOL Because pinning is that fun and relaxing.

Kristen@PrettySweet — April 20, 2011 @ 4:39 pm

Those spring decorated brownie pops are so, so cute. And dried figs…I only wish I had some! I just discovered fresh figs last summer and we’re about to plant a fig tree of our own because I loved them so much. And I’m trying to keep from opening a Pinterest account…it looks super fun, though!

Cait @ Beyond Bananas — April 20, 2011 @ 4:42 pm

My brother loves dried figs. I am a little nervous about trying them though…

Heather (Heather's Dish) — April 20, 2011 @ 4:45 pm

I’m kind if scared to try figs on their own!

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food — April 20, 2011 @ 4:45 pm

oh god I don’t want to know what pininterest is!

I’ll get addicted too I just know it! :P

Ana Powell — April 20, 2011 @ 4:49 pm

Our climate makes the ideal country for growing fig trees. I love my home country, Portugal ♥

Danielle — April 20, 2011 @ 4:50 pm

I LOVE figs! I am lucky to get fresh figs in the summer from my grandfather (has a greenhouse so he can grown them in the Ontario climate) but only started liking them the past couple years. I tried my first dried fig a couple months ago and could NOT believe I hadn’t tried them sooner. So delicious!

Lesley — April 20, 2011 @ 4:50 pm

I am obsessed with pinterest. Best. idea. ever.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — April 20, 2011 @ 4:57 pm

Figs are like nature’s candy!

Noelle — April 20, 2011 @ 5:18 pm

At first I read that as pining and wondered and then I took a second look. LOL FIGS—–I wants some fresh ones NOW.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — April 20, 2011 @ 5:31 pm

I actually prefer dried figs to fresh ones. I love them in greek yogurt with some honey drizzled on. So good.

Katrina — April 20, 2011 @ 5:39 pm

I’ve never had a dried fig before. Perhaps this could turn into a 6 year obsession for me too?? haha

Kacy — April 20, 2011 @ 5:42 pm

I can’t decide if I like figs or not. Sometimes I really think I do an other times the texture weirds me out.

joni-marie — April 20, 2011 @ 6:02 pm

i’m still waiting to sign up for pinterest :( but your’s id def. keeping me entertained! keep them coming :)

figs=heaven! love them!

Caelyn — April 20, 2011 @ 6:29 pm

I’m on the pinterest waiting list arrggghhh.

Judy — April 20, 2011 @ 6:32 pm

I am completely loving the dried figs! I randomly picked some up today at the local natural grocer while shopping for my favorite blackened tempeh sandwich (which is to die for!). They take me back to a carefree time as a child, of summers spent visiting my grandmother in Mexico. She had a fig tree in her yard that we used to climb to pick the ripe, deliciously fruit from.

Michelle — April 20, 2011 @ 6:32 pm

I happened to peruse what you had “pinned” and saw the rainbow layer cake. I’m now looking for an occasion to make it. So freaking awesome!

Stephanie — April 20, 2011 @ 6:43 pm

I LOVE Pinterest!! I’m following you now!! I have pinned a couple of your recipes before!

Mary Beth — April 20, 2011 @ 6:49 pm

pinterest. i have been staring at a pic of s’mores cookies for 1/2 hour. thanks alot.

Naomi — April 20, 2011 @ 6:57 pm

pinterest looks so cool! I dont really understand it LOL but its awesome!

taylor — April 20, 2011 @ 7:07 pm

i’ve never had a dried fig! does it taste like fig newtons?

Andrea@Vegvacious — April 20, 2011 @ 7:23 pm

Those brownie pops are so cute. You have totally reignited my love of the sprinkle!

I have to say I’m surprised that you love figs….aren’t they too close to a healthy fruit for you ;-)

Salah@myhealthiestlife — April 20, 2011 @ 7:42 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE dried figs!

Lauren — April 20, 2011 @ 7:49 pm

Figs are pure magic! Have you ever had “figamajigs”? They’re dried figs dipped in dark chocolate!

Alexis — April 20, 2011 @ 7:59 pm

I have no idea what pinterest is, but I LOVE every single thing on your “style” page. Ah! I need all of it.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — April 20, 2011 @ 8:04 pm

I didnt even know pinterest existed!

If you had to pick a brownie or blondie recipe from your arsenal as the most amazing things ever…what would it be? Dont care if it’s not vegan, not GF, just has to be amazing. (preferably not tons of steps but if finished item is worth the steps, I can entertain complicated recipes…lol)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — April 20, 2011 @ 8:42 pm

I love dried figs too – they’re some of my favorites

Kat @ Cupcake Kat — April 20, 2011 @ 9:05 pm

Figs are awesome. I love both dried and fresh.
    I found coloured sugar today and now I’m obsessed it. They’re so pretty!

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — April 20, 2011 @ 9:20 pm

Yes – love dried figs!!

Ashley — April 20, 2011 @ 9:25 pm

Gimme that blue towel! ;)

Lauren — April 20, 2011 @ 9:31 pm

i love how i looked what Pinterest was… and the first thing under your site was mac n cheese bacon pie. hahaha classic :)

Amanda @ The Artsy Kitchen — April 20, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

I am kind of obsessed with dried figs right now too, I made some amazing orange fig muffins the other day, they were so good. I want to make them again. Right now.

Also Whole Foods has this really good Orange Fig Gelato that I have to get every time I go.

I love pinterest too, I am a graphic designer, so I could basically waste days and days on that site.

*Andrea* — April 20, 2011 @ 10:40 pm

LOVE dried figs!! especially dipped in almond butter and carob/chocolate chips! so delicious on their own too

Alaina — April 21, 2011 @ 12:07 am

I love figs! My favorite are the dark variety. All by themselves. By the handful. :-)

Hannah — April 21, 2011 @ 1:13 am

Loooove dried figs, and all the little crunchy seeds! I once made a cashew molasses dried nut butter thingy. So good. I think I’ll be trawling through my blog to find the recipe again tonight :P

Amanda — April 21, 2011 @ 8:41 am

Love looking at pintrest… its SO addicting! :) Will have to find you on there!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — April 21, 2011 @ 8:53 am

Cake pops, brownie pops, anything dipped in chocolate on a stick… I don’t discriminate!

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — April 21, 2011 @ 9:24 am

Haha, you love your sprinkles! :D

Julie — April 21, 2011 @ 9:31 am

I want to join pinterest so badly! There is a waiting list, apparently :( is there any way you can “invite” your readers?!

RhodeyGirl — April 21, 2011 @ 10:23 am

When you can’t find them go to a MIDDLE EASTERN MARKET. They always have really good dried figs.

You’re welcome.

Lauren — April 21, 2011 @ 10:43 am

I love pinterest, so addicting! Can I ask where you found that gorgeous blue/turquoise napkin? It is the perfect shade!

• Jessica — April 21st, 2011 @ 2:33 pm

Pier 1!

Sandy @ RE — April 21, 2011 @ 11:00 am

I love dried figs. And I love your site! :)
    Thanks for the linky-love.
    Sandy

• Jessica — April 21st, 2011 @ 2:32 pm

Thanks so much Sandy!

Angelica Garza — April 21, 2011 @ 11:04 am

brownie pops=heaven. Have you tried cake pops yet? Cake pops also = heaven. Check out some of the ones I’ve made on my blog! Seriously love ‘em….and can’t stop making ‘em ;)
    and also
    and

there is more on there, but I don’t want to take up all your comment space ;) Ha!