I have a little Trader Joe’s problem. Let’s just call it an obsession.

I took a little poll on Twitter and Facebook asking if you’d still like to see my Trader Joe’s grocery runs, and the answer was a resounding “yes.” I assume this is because the rest of my life is such a complete snoozefest. It is true that going to Trader Joe’s is about as exciting as it gets here.

Since I only go about once a month, I loaded up as usual. That guy I live with is constantly moaning that we “have no food” or we “don’t have anything for dinner” or we “have a packed fridge but nothing to eat.” If he says that at all this week, he is absolutely out of his mind.

These are Mr. How Sweet’s breakfast staples.

The pitas are for me. And me only.

I don’t know how these got in my cart.

Someone must have dropped them in there by accident without me noticing…

Snacks.

My favorite on-the-go snack.

Mr. How Sweet’s snacks.

Yes. I said snacks. This is what he eats as a snack.

So excited to find the new Fage flavors!

I’ve been eating Fage since my fitness competing days and looooove it. It is my favorite brand of Greek yogurt.

Boring fruit.

Baking necessities.

A chicken I’m going to roast.

Some canned goods, because the thought of making my own sauce puts me into hysterics.

Ugly vegetables.

Except the herbs. I like herbs. Herbs are my friends.

More snackity snacks.

Cheese obsessed much?

This hummus still reigns supreme over the ones I got last time.

Exciting stuff for lunches.

I don’t know how these ended up in my cart either.

Or why they are open.

Same with these.

Let’s just say I succumb to peer pressure. Often.

Meat.

And some grape tomatoes.

I have big plans for these tomatoes that include a boatload of sea salt and some syrupy balsamic.

I also got some of these Trader Joe’s O’s.

I highly advise against going to Trader Joe’s when hungry. I impulsively bought a can of these O’s, and immediately came home and had a small bowl of them with some kale chips. For only 99 cents, it was delicious… but this is coming from someone who has never eaten Chef Boyardee.

I got a few other random (but boring) items and even managed to forget some. As usual. Not only do I act like a granny, but I have the somewhat senile mind of one too. Have a great Monday!

101 Responses to “Monday TJ’s.”

Andrea @ CanYouStayForDinner.com — April 11, 2011 @ 4:44 pm

This was hilarious. You always make me smile. And get hungry.

Lauren — April 11, 2011 @ 4:46 pm

I have a MAJOR Trader Joe’s problem…I have nearly everything you’re showing here in my kitchen right now. Haha! I LOVE the peanut butter pretzels, they are one of my favorite snacks. And I’ve been eyeing those gourmet jelly beans for a while now but haven’t given in yet…

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen — April 11, 2011 @ 4:46 pm

Still laughing! Love it!

Jess — April 11, 2011 @ 4:47 pm

i just ate a large bowl of those tomatoes with sea salt. one word=amazing.

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin — April 11, 2011 @ 4:47 pm

I loooooove Trader Joe’s. I went back and forth and back and forth with those Easter candy when I was in there and finally went without. I’m now regretting it!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — April 11, 2011 @ 4:47 pm

Oh my word…Nate would shoot me if we had a TJs here…

Carrie — April 11, 2011 @ 4:49 pm

I live less than a mile from Trader Joe’s, so I make way more stops than necessary. The only downside is that it’s a teeny-tiny TJ’s, but it’s sufficient.

Was there last night and bought the crushed garlic they sell in a jar next to the Italian-type foods. On the outside it looks like the garlic is creamy. So. Good. It’s meant for garlic bread, but I smeared it on chicken drumsticks last night, highly recommended.

Autumn @ Good Eats Girl — April 11, 2011 @ 4:49 pm

I love TJ’s….I also have a huge problem when I enter one. I don’t go often and when I do you’d think I was shopping for fabulous clothes or something. I went yesterday and stocked up. it was glorious!

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews — April 11, 2011 @ 4:50 pm

Looks like a great trip! I want to try that white bean hummus one day for sure!

Elizabeth — April 11, 2011 @ 4:52 pm

Mmm, snackity snacks are the best kind of snacks!

Holly @ The Runny Egg — April 11, 2011 @ 4:53 pm

I love your TJ’s posts. Now I know what I need to buy — those jelly beans and those ice cream sandwiches!

Kristen — April 11, 2011 @ 4:53 pm

I actually helped develop those Fage flavors at my old food science job… hope you like them!
    Since I moved away from TJ’s, my hauls to stock up are pretty similar… except less meat :)

• Jessica — April 11th, 2011 @ 5:22 pm

Are you serious?!?! How cool is that?!

Shanna, Like Banana — April 11, 2011 @ 4:55 pm

I have a TJs obsession too.

Please send me 22 of your gourmet jelly beans..okay? thanks!

• Jessica — April 11th, 2011 @ 5:22 pm

22? Got it. ;)

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food — April 11, 2011 @ 4:56 pm

oh TJs how I do love you!

I’m a huge fan of their Jo’s and cream ice cream too soooo good ad creamy! :)

Debbie — April 11, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

Do those jelly beans really only use fruits & veggies for the color? No artificial colors? I thought my dye-free kiddo was going to have to endure a jelly bean-less Easter this year. Perhaps the Easter Bunny should hop on over to TJ’s. Hippity hop.

• Jessica — April 11th, 2011 @ 5:24 pm

I just checked the bag, and it appears as if they do! Go get some! :)

• Debbie — April 11th, 2011 @ 11:21 pm

Yee ha! And maybe I’ll buy an extra bag for my wind-up Easter Bunny toy that poops jelly beans. Classaaaay.

Tracey — April 11, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

I just found out a Trader Joes is opening in my neighborhood. So excited!

R @ Learning As I Chop — April 11, 2011 @ 5:01 pm

I love those malted chocolate eggs. Such a guilty pleasure

Kelley — April 11, 2011 @ 5:05 pm

YUM! That all looks amazing. I had Trader Joes Oh’s for lunch today! Everyone laughed at me, but they’re good!

• Jessica — April 11th, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

They are SO good!

diana — April 11, 2011 @ 5:06 pm

My best friend and I went to trader joe’s for the first time last sunday, even though there’s been one in my town for years now (I know you’re jealous, i’m sorry!)

But what I wanted to know was if you got your Peanut Butter & Co. things from T.J’s or if you just ordered them online. I searched all over the store, but couldn’t find them. I thought I remembered seeing them in one of your T.J runs one time.

P.S. – Even though i’ll be back more often, my first TJ run consisted of Pirate Booty even though I think it’s called something else now, and in a bigger bag, so I can’t complain. And a delicious spinach and cheese filo dough pastry.

P.P.S- Have you ever had the chocolate covered blueberries? I almost got them but I resisted. $5 seemed a little too much for that.

P.P.P.S- I love your TJ runs, especially now because summer’s coming up and I’ll be home and close to the store so I can run out and get all the caramel sauce I could ever stock up on.

• Ashley — April 11th, 2011 @ 5:09 pm

I wondered the same thing about the Peanut Butter & Co. It’s not at TJ’s, but on the PB&Co. website it has an option to find where their products are sold near you :) It’s how I found out where to buy it! Good luck :)

Rebecca — April 11, 2011 @ 5:06 pm

Leeeerv TJs sesame honey cashews! I didn’t know they had almonds…guess I know what I’ll be dreaming about tonight!

Gen — April 11, 2011 @ 5:07 pm

Loved looking at your TJ’s haul….except it makes me wish I could go to a Trader Joe’s!!! :D

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — April 11, 2011 @ 5:07 pm

My husband had those Trader Joe’s O’s and liked them too. I need to try those adorable ice cream sandwiches!

Tracy @ Commit To Fit — April 11, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

I have said it before and I will say it again, I wish we had Trader Joe’s in Canada :(

Meg — April 11, 2011 @ 5:10 pm

I could totally go for those jelly beans. :)

Your husband sounds so much like mine with his “snacks” and “there’s no food in the fridge”. I’m glad I’m not alone!

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing — April 11, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

I so, so, so, so, so (x infinity) wish I had a Trader Joe’s near me!!! Gauugh you’re killin’ me Smalls!!!

;)

Ariel — April 11, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

Delish! I am having a serious mouth-watering problem going on right now. Pasta for us for din-din….hubby is gone all week, so the kids and I will dine vegetarian style! Thanks for sharing…great picks, candy and all!

Jessica — April 11, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

I find PB & Co at my local grocery stores! I’m lucky that all of the stores around me have them. My Trader Joe’s does NOT have them though. I haven’t bought the chocolate blueberries, but I am obsessed with chocolate and blueberries together at the moment. I made a recipe last weekend that will be coming up this week! :)

Angela — April 11, 2011 @ 5:27 pm

The sesame honey almonds are good, but if you ever see the sesame honey cashews…oooh lordy! They are even better!!

Tara — April 11, 2011 @ 5:34 pm

It’s hard to believe there still isn’t a TJ’s here in Florida. I’ve had to resort to family farms, and day long grocery trips to find my favorite organic. Every now and then I find something awesome at of all places my Super Target – like the Applegate Bacon I told you about.

Florida needs to get w/ the times.

So gal – What’s for dinner? ☺

Tara

Mellissa — April 11, 2011 @ 5:35 pm

I will admit to buying a can of the Trader Joe’s O’s and eating it. And maybe more than once ;)

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife — April 11, 2011 @ 5:35 pm

YOu always make me laugh–thanks!! :)

Beth H — April 11, 2011 @ 5:45 pm

Oh my goodness. I love Trader Joe’s. That has to be the one store i miss SO darn much since moving to Texas. I wish they had an online store or something! Although i’d probably spend a week’s check if they did. :D

Love your pictures! I don’t know why its so fun to look at what other people buy, but it just is. :)

vanillasugarblog — April 11, 2011 @ 5:45 pm

oh yeah that’s what i do on twitter too. my fans love it. so many people have started copying that.
    great idea–i love when people show their goods. i gotta start posting it to my blog too

Annie — April 11, 2011 @ 5:47 pm

I had a fear of making my own sauce for years, but I finally got over it a few months ago. I made my own in a huge pot. Took about 6 hrs to cook on the stove but my oh my, it is TOTALLY worth it. And EASY!!! I divide it up into containers and freeze what we aren’t going to eat right away so it makes it all the better.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — April 11, 2011 @ 5:55 pm

I’m so jelly!! I wish TJ’s was closer. Dustin doesn’t. :( I love that store! I’d probably go three times a week, or maybe every day for a little at a time, haha. Little… yeah, right. I’d have to apply for a job there just to keep up with my purchases!

Caitlin — April 11, 2011 @ 5:59 pm

I miss those mini mouthfuls like you would NOT believe. I almost bought a box in NYC since it’s Whole Foods land around here. Now that I think about it, I can’t believe I didn’t.

Val @ Balancing Val — April 11, 2011 @ 6:41 pm

How much did that all run you if you dont mind me asking? :)

Alexa @ Simple Eats — April 11, 2011 @ 6:43 pm

I’ve been eying those ice cream sandwiches for awhile…good choice!

Kim in MD — April 11, 2011 @ 7:12 pm

Oh my…now I must go to TJ’s tomorrow. Especially for those jelly beans! ;-)

Hannah — April 11, 2011 @ 7:31 pm

For me, I want to see this because I’m a complete masochist. I feel so miserable now, knowing I don’t have access to any of this. Sigh. Don’t stop.

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — April 11, 2011 @ 7:32 pm

You’ve never had Chef Boyardee?? For a time when I was younger, I would ONLY eat their Beefaroni. Just thinking about it makes me smile. :)

Leah @ Why Deprive? — April 11, 2011 @ 7:36 pm

I love Trader Joe’s so much. I insisted on making a stop there on the way home from Oregon yesterday. I even refused to spend too much money at the outlets so I would have some left for Trader Joe’s. :)

Michelle — April 11, 2011 @ 7:48 pm

I can not wait until I live by a TJ because I have heard tons of great things about that place!

Kelly — April 11, 2011 @ 7:52 pm

Love those mint oreo ice cream sandwiches! I’m also obsessed with trader joes and drive 90mins to the closest one!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — April 11, 2011 @ 8:06 pm

Haha, I was just tweeting with a few bloggers this afternoon about how Trader Joe’s should really pay all of us for all our free advertising…

Robyn {Planet Byn} — April 11, 2011 @ 8:13 pm

these posts always make me crazy jealous, but i love them. did you see peabody made peanut butter filled pretzel-stuffed malted chocolate chip cookies? insane!

melissa@IWasBornToCook — April 11, 2011 @ 8:26 pm

I practically live at TJs since it’s only 2 miles away. Next time, get the cuban style black beans…they are AMAZING.

VeggieGirl — April 11, 2011 @ 8:31 pm

I want to bring you with me to TJ’s! :D

Krystina (Organically Me) — April 11, 2011 @ 8:33 pm

I burst out laughing at Mr. How Sweet’s snacks. That husband of yours…

Meg — April 11, 2011 @ 9:02 pm

Those sesame honey almonds are my FAVORITE! My college town had a Trader Joe’s but my current hometown does not, and I miss it like crazy. All your pictures are making me seriously consider driving two hours to the closest one though!

1. Pingback: A Few Quick TJ Goodies! | How Sweet It Is