1. I’ve been making a simpler and healthier version of the tiramisu french toast for a snack.

Whole grain bread, mascarpone mixed with expresso powder, vanilla and honey, and topped with strawberries. It’s not as good as the real thing, but still delicious.

2. Still trying to figure out how to say “mascarpone.” And wondering why I don’t sound like a complete sexpot when I say it like Giada does.

3.  And why don’t I look like Giada when I cook either? Not fair. Note: must buy Wonder Bra.

4. Yes, these are what you think they are.

Trader Joe’s mini peanut butter cups. Sad day.

But not really. I picked them right back up.

5. I may have contracted a serious life-threatening disease from eating something off my floor. If you don’t hear from me tomorrow, send help.

6. In keeping with tradition, Mr. How Sweet made these pancakes Sunday. They literally were the best pancakes I’ve ever had. Maybe because I was so hungry? Or because he put exactly 12 chocolate chips in each one? Or because I just ran 10 miles?

Just kidding. I will never run 10 miles. Ever. I’d probably die.

7. I really should consider doing #6 more often. The pancakes, not the running.

64 Responses to “Seven Things.”

katie — April 12, 2011 @ 3:42 pm

haha! love this! I would of seriously picked those all up too, too good to waste! I mean 5 second rule right? or even just add seconds to that ; )

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — April 12, 2011 @ 3:43 pm

I was just about to say how impressed I was about your 10 mile run lol. Pancakes are so much better than running for 2 hours anyway:-)

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — April 12, 2011 @ 3:43 pm

Hahha love it all! Maybe in order to look like Giada when you cook, and to learn how to say mascarpone properly, you might need to go to Italy… and well, you know, sample a few bites while you’re there. A little shoe shopping couldn’t hurt either. ;)

• Jessica — April 12th, 2011 @ 3:45 pm

Don’t need to twist my arm!

Lindsey @ Morningstar Project — April 12, 2011 @ 3:45 pm

Hi, new to your blog and your photos have already got me hooked! Well actually it was the french toast you posted the other day that let me know you and I would get along. And as I firm believer in the 5sec (ok 15sec) rule I am proof you won’t get sick from eating dessert off the floor :)

Mila @ loftyappetite — April 12, 2011 @ 3:45 pm

haha your writing is so funny! so many blogs write about how they ran 10 miles on a daily basis, and it’s so nice to see your honesty because i could never see myself running 10 miles all at once either. one week’s total, yes it’s happened, all together saturday morning… not so much.

Chris — April 12, 2011 @ 3:45 pm

Very happy to read the “just kidding!” bit about the 10 miles. I was feeling badly about myself.

Jihane @Sinful Sundays — April 12, 2011 @ 3:47 pm

LOL. You are too funny.

And, I’m probably part of the minority, but I absolutely HATE when Giada says words with her Italian accent. No bueno.

• Megan — April 12th, 2011 @ 4:19 pm

NO you are not in the minority!! It’s so annoying – especially when she says “mozzerella.”

I do have to reluctantly agree that her pronunciation of “marscapone” is pretty sexy, though. *sigh*

Jenn L @ Peas & Crayons — April 12, 2011 @ 3:49 pm

12 chocolate chips in each? I like the way he thinks! =)

Leah @ Why Deprive? — April 12, 2011 @ 3:49 pm

Is it weird that I really love how he used an even number of chocolate chips in each pancake? I always eat chocolate chips (ok, everything) in twos. :)

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — April 12, 2011 @ 3:50 pm

My husband loves watching Giada (big surprise right?) but hates it when she busts out the Italian accent.

R @ Learning As I Chop — April 12, 2011 @ 3:52 pm

Wow, do those pancakes look good. And honestly, I don’t get Giada. How does she stay so thin?

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife — April 12, 2011 @ 3:54 pm

I LOVE pancakes after running….err and before running? and when not running? haha. I also eat things that drop off onto the floor–IF the floor was clean recently and the food wasn’t there TOO long ;)

Heather (Heather's Dish) — April 12, 2011 @ 3:55 pm

Pancakes > running

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing — April 12, 2011 @ 3:57 pm

Oh, please do not go all Giada on us! Her enthusiasm and overflowing cleavage are just a teensy bit MUCH. ;) Haha. Love the 12 chips thang. We are weird about numbers here too — I like 3, 7, and 21. So you can imagine how many chocolate chips I can justify! Score.

Blair — April 12, 2011 @ 4:02 pm

Please tell Mr How Sweet to use the mini peanut butter cups in next week’s edition of pancake Sunday. 10 per pancake should suffice, anything higher would be quite admirable. Bonus points if you can find the mini caramel cups I have only found as toppings at frozen yogurt places.

Kristen@PrettySweet — April 12, 2011 @ 4:05 pm

I definitely have a love/hate thing with watching Giada. She’s intriguing and beautiful, but boy, that’s a lot of cleavage. Ridiculous. Please don’t go there. Also, she might still be charming but you’re waaay funnier. =)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — April 12, 2011 @ 4:08 pm

Girl I dumped an entire jar of TJs caramel sauce on my floor, complete with glass shards and sticky caramel goo everywhere, last week. It was a nightmare! I would gladly take the pb cup spill. And yes, I totally would have eaten them off the floor too. No need to waste perfectly good chocolate :)

Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique — April 12, 2011 @ 4:09 pm

That is sad that those PB cups were on the floor..but I am glad you saved them anyway. They deserve it, and so do you! I also thought #6 had the mini pb cups in them which made me want to make those now..

Alison (Fueling for Fitness) — April 12, 2011 @ 4:10 pm

And suddenly I’m craving pancakes… mmmmm

Jess — April 12, 2011 @ 4:14 pm

i almost bought those mini pb cups today, but i sensed they would be a “problem” for me.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — April 12, 2011 @ 4:15 pm

Haha, the running thing had me laughing. I don’t know how people can run like that. I mean, I totally admire them for it. Me? I’m done after half a mile. I’m always like- screw it, I’ll just powerwalk.

Oh–and those pancakes looks fantastic!!! Kudos to Mr. Sweet!!

Honey @ Honey What's Cooking — April 12, 2011 @ 4:17 pm

you are soooooooooooooooo funny.
    when you said you ran 10 miles, i was like, “wow, impressive.”
    and i felt like a loser that i don’t because i can’t even run 1 mile… but i can happily go on the eliptical for 2.
    and then i saw #7… and i burst out laughing.
    you are so cute! :-)

Tara — April 12, 2011 @ 4:29 pm

French toast – check
    Mini cups – check
    Pancakes – check
    Running – forget about it! – ok ok I”ll take the dog dog for a walk but we’ll have to wait until Winter when it’s not so stinking hot down here.

and the nummies on the floor – I always say – my dirt – my germs! No harm. ☺

megan @ whatmegansmaking — April 12, 2011 @ 4:37 pm

I’ve never heard Giada say marscapone! Apparently I am missing out…

Holly @ The Runny Egg — April 12, 2011 @ 4:50 pm

Oh no the PB cups! I was so close to buying a tub of them over the weekend, but I knew they wouldn’t survive the drive home so I decided not to get them.

Gen — April 12, 2011 @ 4:56 pm

That snack sounds pretty tasty! :D
    So do the pancakes……what is it about chocolate chips buried in fluffy doughy goodness that is so appealing? :P

Jessica — April 12, 2011 @ 4:56 pm

I know exactly what you mean about Giada and her minxish little random interjections of Italian accent, that somehow only appear when mentioning cheese. My girls never look that good in an apron, but I suspect it’s because I forfit my VS pushup for a Nike sports bra the moment I walk through the door. And I’m usually covered in flour…
    Also I can’t even say “Giada” right. I think I’ll just stick with mozza-RELL-a.

Sherry — April 12, 2011 @ 4:59 pm

When I saw you ran 10 miles my jaw totally dropped, and then I saw the caption below hahaha. But seriously, I will totally eat things off the floor if it’s worth it (and it almost always is) Like say a piece of tiramisu french toast fell on the floor….

Alexa @ Simple Eats — April 12, 2011 @ 5:19 pm

Those peanut butter cups were definitely worth picking up off of the floor. Good job!

Mr. How Sweet It Is — April 12, 2011 @ 5:44 pm

Giada is dreamy.

Was that outloud?

Mama Pea — April 12, 2011 @ 5:58 pm

You had me with that ten miles thing. And I am not-so-secretly ecstatic that you were lying.

Caitlin — April 12, 2011 @ 6:00 pm

I have TJs envy. I would have eaten those off the floor, too, straight up Hoover style without coming up for a breath. Ahem.

KK[Let's go PENS!!!] — April 12, 2011 @ 6:02 pm

Hey! I’m a new reader and I have to say, I absolutely adore your blog. The way you write, the pictures you take and, of course, the recipes you make are all just wonderful. I tried your crunchy honey chicken tonight and it’s pretty much an instant favourite :P

I was wondering (only if you’re not busy though! If you are, totally ignore this part) if you could do a Stanley Cup Playoffs food post and give some quick ideas for party food? Again, only if you have the time!

Anyhow, once again, you have an amazing blog and I hope you keep up the great work :] <3

• Kim in MD (Let's Go Caps!!!) — April 12th, 2011 @ 8:15 pm

I second that request… I want recipes for my Washington Capitals team, too! ;-) I’ll help with the menu, if you want! :-)

• Jessica — April 12th, 2011 @ 8:59 pm

I’ll get on it! :)

Heather @ kissmybroccoli — April 12, 2011 @ 6:19 pm

Haha! No shame in eating off the floor…as long as it’s YOUR floor! ;)

• Molly — April 12th, 2011 @ 11:02 pm

um….. I probably would have picked those up off of anyone’s floor… ;-)

taylor — April 12, 2011 @ 6:22 pm

mmm those pancakes looks so good! i was inspired by your groceries yesterday and made a trip to trader joe’s today. didn’t have much time to explore, but i did pick up a few things. i cannot wait to go back. it’s such a fun place to shop!

Christina — April 12, 2011 @ 6:27 pm

I really want to make that french toast!

Ann — April 12, 2011 @ 7:03 pm

Right there with you on the Giada pronunciations. I am going to start saying parmiggiano and mozzarella like her. And wearing low cut shirts when I cook.

Ely — April 12, 2011 @ 7:39 pm

I have been debating eating pancakes for dinner all day… I was also debating making a fruit topping for them. You have just helped me make my mind up: Definitely having pancakes, but using chocolate chips instead of fruit. Sounds like a good trade-off to me. Thanks!

Kim in MD — April 12, 2011 @ 8:09 pm

Oh my gosh…I am SO laughing out loud right now! I love your sense of humor, Jessica! You seriously have gift! :-)

Oh- and I can’t believe that Mr. How Sweet cooks pancakes like that on a Tuesday? Wow………… ;-)

Rebekah — April 12, 2011 @ 8:22 pm

Cute blog! And those pancakes look adorably delicious! :)

Regina — April 12, 2011 @ 8:45 pm

Oh my goodness those pancakes look deeelicious!!!! I also sympathize with your loathing of running! I’m on week 5 of “Couch to 10k” and am still much more “couch” than “10k.” Wah Wah. However, I’m a PHENOMENAL pancake eater! Love the blog! Keep ’em coming!

Paige @ Running Around Normal — April 12, 2011 @ 9:29 pm

I was snickering at this entire post. You can always make me laugh, girl!

kate — April 12, 2011 @ 9:30 pm

ahhh those pancakes look amazing. lucky girl. and yeah, way better to not run the 10 miles first. odds are they’d be inhaled instead of savoured. yep,
    actually, for a moment i thought those were peanut butter cups in the pancake…just a thought.

and thank you for posting your not-quite-as-delicious-but-still-amazing-looking quick version of tiramisu french toast. i think i’m in love with you…just saying.

Maranda — April 12, 2011 @ 10:26 pm

Your floor looked very clean…so no harm done! Now I need to see Giada say ‘mascarpone.’

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — April 12, 2011 @ 11:18 pm

Best line in this post:

“Just kidding. I will never run 10 miles. Ever. I’d probably die.”

Bahahahahahaha. Me. Too.

Sarah — April 12, 2011 @ 11:35 pm

mmm the quick tiramisu sounds delicious!
    I feel like i can say mascarpone right in my head but it doesn’t translate well when i try and speak it ;) haha

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — April 13, 2011 @ 1:33 am

LOL, each piece gets it’s own 3-second rule. It’s only fair. :)

Paulette — April 13, 2011 @ 6:24 am

I don’t know who is quicker at picking up dropped food off the floor, my dog (who has passed) or my husband. Everything looks so good. Paulette

Nikki — April 13, 2011 @ 6:53 am

Your healthy snack looks delicious and I love your list posts.

elle marie — April 13, 2011 @ 7:07 am

haha Wonder Bra..now that is something I don’t need, but wish I did! I’ve been on a mascarpone trip since I arrived to Nippon, I’ve had tiramisu so many ways, but I MUST your deconstructed version.. swoon!