Mr. How Sweet is at the Pens game tonight, so I made something for dinner that he wouldn’t touch with a 10-foot pole.

Please pick your jaw up off the floor.

Since seeing this caprese salad on Kristen’s blog a few weeks ago, I have been dying to make it. I covered it in syrupy blueberry (!!) balsamic reduction, which is by far my favorite flavor. What? Do you think I have an obsession with blueberries?

After eating rabbit food that filled me up about as much as a glass of water, I dug in the fridge and found the leftover filet we had last night along with sweet potato fries. Guess it really doesn’t matter if Mr. How Sweet is here or not.

46 Responses to “Single Lady Dinner.”

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing — April 13, 2011 @ 6:55 pm

Blueberry balsamic? Yes, I’ll take some, thanks. ;)

Jess@atasteofconfidence — April 13, 2011 @ 6:58 pm

Looks great. and yay for NHL playoffs!

Cait — April 13, 2011 @ 6:58 pm

YUM i love blackberry balsamic! sounds delish!

Andrea@Vegvacious — April 13, 2011 @ 7:00 pm

I have to say the salad looks great…& blueberry reduction ~ um, yes please!!

Kudos for trying to go the salad route. At least you gave it a try :-)

Ann — April 13, 2011 @ 7:02 pm

I posted a caprese-type salad today too. You need some protein in there! I used chickpeas. You could always make it a caprese steak salad, too. Best of both worlds :)
    And balsamic reduction is amazing!

Julie @ Shining From Within — April 13, 2011 @ 7:02 pm

I love balsamic vinegar! Mmmm

sarah (sarah learns) — April 13, 2011 @ 7:06 pm

oh yum! can you please come over to my house today and make me a salad beast like that? i’m a single lady tonight too!

Kelly — April 13, 2011 @ 7:07 pm

Too funny! That blueberry balsalmic reduction sounds amazing!

Kimberley — April 13, 2011 @ 7:08 pm

My mom and I are like this when my dad or brother eat out, we tend to have the same tastes so we make something that no one else would eat whenever we get the chance :) That salad looks delicious!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — April 13, 2011 @ 7:10 pm

That’s my kind of dinner! I always eat differently when the Husband is gone. I like my girly food.

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — April 13, 2011 @ 7:13 pm

I’m so proud of you for eating all those veggies! I need to get my hand on some of that blueberry balsamic!

Mary (A Merry Life) — April 13, 2011 @ 7:20 pm

Blueberry balsamic? That sounds amazing.

Deanna — April 13, 2011 @ 7:21 pm

Whoa. You ate VEGGIES!

Cait @ Beyond Bananas — April 13, 2011 @ 7:22 pm

Isn’t it nice when your man has plans.. and you can do WHATEVER you want for dinner! Sometimes, my boyfriend and I have nights were we just do our own thing.. so we can enjoy foods the other doesn’t like more often!

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) — April 13, 2011 @ 7:27 pm

I’m definitely making this the next time B is on a business trip!! Do you think other berries would work also ?

Ashley — April 13, 2011 @ 7:30 pm

Perfecting in my mind!!!

Kelly — April 13, 2011 @ 7:34 pm

lol, love that you went for the leftovers after all. I was thinking, ‘I thought she didn’t get off on veggies’. Salads like that never leave me feeling satisfied.

Lauren — April 13, 2011 @ 7:38 pm

Looks fabulous! Do we get the recipe for the blueberry balsamic?

• Jessica — April 13th, 2011 @ 7:39 pm

It’s just blueberry balsamic vinegar (linked above) reduced! :)

• Laura — April 14th, 2011 @ 10:32 am

My attempts at making a balsamic reduction have been pathetic to say the least — advice?

Chrissy — April 13, 2011 @ 7:58 pm

I had a great salad today too! I picked up some Rainbow Salad, and had that with shrimps, cashews, tomatoes, and sun-dried tomato dressing. It was awesome! I had a craving for veggies. You wouldn’t understand.

Liza — April 13, 2011 @ 8:07 pm

I love your blog. I have made so many of your desserts for my husband to take into school (he’s in grad school) and all the students always rave about everything I make! I always tell them about your blog and that you are the real genius. Thanks for all the inspiration!

• Jessica — April 13th, 2011 @ 8:19 pm

Thank you so much Liza!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — April 13, 2011 @ 8:13 pm

Haha salads are the base of my single-girl lifestyle. Though they never fill me up unless they’re accompanied by a lot of carbs in the form of pitas and hummus :)

Gen — April 13, 2011 @ 8:17 pm

That salad looks AMAZING! I need some blueberries……

Holly @ The Runny Egg — April 13, 2011 @ 8:30 pm

Blueberry balsamic sounds so delicious!

The Teenage Taste — April 13, 2011 @ 9:07 pm

You voluntarily ate veggies?! Oh. My. Gosh. :-P

Kim in MD — April 13, 2011 @ 9:38 pm

Yeah for girl’s night in! :-) That is one gorgeous salad!

Let’s Go Pens! Oh…and Let’s Go Caps, too! :-)

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — April 13, 2011 @ 9:41 pm

In my house it’s Salmon. As soon as hubs tells me he won’t be home for dinner, I get excited to eat salmon.

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food — April 13, 2011 @ 10:06 pm

I love caprese anything and the balsamic dressing sounds heavenly!

Cara — April 13, 2011 @ 10:08 pm

YUM! I love caprese anything and blueberry balsamic sounds just perfect! :)

Alaina — April 13, 2011 @ 10:58 pm

Oooh, blueberry balsamic sounds delicious. Homemade or store bought? :-)

Jennifer — April 14, 2011 @ 12:26 am

Can you please post the recipe for the blueberry balsamic reduction? Sounds delicious and I now HAVE to have some! :)

• Jessica — April 14th, 2011 @ 6:43 am

It’s not a recipe! It’s just blueberry balsamic vinegar (linked above) reduced in a pan!

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — April 14, 2011 @ 6:51 am

Blueberry balsamic sounds amazing! I love salads. You never have to convince me to eat one. :D

Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) — April 14, 2011 @ 7:37 am

Now you’re really getting me in the mood for summer. We get blueberries in bushels here in New Jersey. We eat them like candy!!!

Kathy — April 14, 2011 @ 7:49 am

Mr. Sweet was at the Pens game!?!? You are in my neighborhood! I love reading your blog, now I want to come hang out and cook with you…. don’t worry, i’m not a stalker, lol, but how cool.

Terry — April 14, 2011 @ 8:10 am

Love blueberry balsamic vinegar – so amazing! The Giant Eagle Market District’s have an olive oil and vinegar bar…it’s a dangerous place….

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — April 14, 2011 @ 8:40 am

now THATS a salad I would be over for in a second to share withyou right this instant!…. <3

Katie@Cozydelicious — April 14, 2011 @ 8:46 am

Even if you did eat the leftover steak, it never hurts to have a salad… especially one with blueberry vinegar! I have got to find some of that!

Amanda — April 14, 2011 @ 8:59 am

Ha! Rabbit food. I am so there with ya girl! :)

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — April 14, 2011 @ 10:17 am

Haha the salad is beautiful but the last few sentences are why I read your blog.

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — April 14, 2011 @ 10:56 am

Haha, Rabbit Food! :) I am not surprised you called this that. ;)

Kimberly — April 14, 2011 @ 11:21 am

People at work think I am nuts because I burst out in random laughter reading your blog!
    Thank you!

Angelica — December 18, 2012 @ 2:31 pm

CJ: That is the intention, but I ended up not relaly doing much on my free days so far. I did just sign on to write South Orange County restaurant reviews for AOL Patch, so maybe I’ll link to those or something. I’ll try to get better about this, but I’m unsure. Restaurant food hasn’t been very nice to me as of late, but it hasn’t been the best food either. And still haven’t been to Bruxie. I’m dying to go though.

1. Pingback: Dinner and Dessert. | How Sweet It Is