[Today is the last day to enter Heather's Raffle for Life and bid on my better-than-crack brownies for a great cause!]

Look! I made you vanilla butter for your morning muffin.

You can make vanilla butter too. Just smash a stick of butter with the contents of one vanilla bean. Then spread it on something fancy like warm maple bacon scones or hot blueberry muffins or steamy pancakes. Or even use it for cookies. It just may be the best invention ever.

Vanilla Bean Butter

makes 1/2 cup (can easily be doubled)

1 stick butter, softened

1 vanilla bean

Combine softened butter with the contents of one vanilla bean and mix. Easy! Can be stored in the refrigerator in a seal tight container or wrapped in plastic wrap.

Butter for life!

75 Responses to “Vanilla Bean Butter.”

Elena — April 16, 2011 @ 8:28 am

Never have I heard of vanilla butter, but now I want nothing else than vanilla butter. That sounds fantastic!

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen — April 16, 2011 @ 8:29 am

Genious. Simply genious. It’s like having buttercream for breakfast (not that I ever do that)!

Holly @ The Runny Egg — April 16, 2011 @ 8:30 am

This sounds delicious! I make roasted garlic butter every once in a while but I never thought to do something sweet! You are amazing!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — April 16, 2011 @ 8:30 am

That is so simple!

Sarah @ goingongoals — April 16, 2011 @ 8:31 am

Hmmm looks delicious and perfect timing for me to make a Royal Wedding Sunrise Brunch I am attending in 2 weeks!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — April 16, 2011 @ 8:32 am

You want to know my favorite kind of butter? Honey cinnamon. So delicious.

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — April 16, 2011 @ 8:32 am

Oh love it! Give me some cinnamon swirl toast to slather this on!!

Mary Beth — April 16, 2011 @ 8:37 am

Love those specks! Reminds me of Breyers ice cream…

• Toni Martina — April 16th, 2011 @ 9:15 am

I said the SAME thing! ^.^

Christie {Nourishing Circle} — April 16, 2011 @ 8:40 am

Yum. Combine it with some vanilla sugar and you will be golden.

Jennifer @ Jane Deere — April 16, 2011 @ 8:43 am

I love compound butters…this one looks delish!

Susan — April 16, 2011 @ 8:45 am

ooh looks yummy and sounds yummy too! i LOVE to make my own butter! i frequently put things like cilantro, lemongrass, ginger, garlic and other things in my butter to put over steamed veggies or on bread….YUM

The Teenage Taste — April 16, 2011 @ 8:45 am

Mmmmm…as if I didn’t already love butter enough?! ;-)

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — April 16, 2011 @ 8:52 am

Thank you for making that for me! How sweet of you. Now, please express mail it to my house. ;)

Meg — April 16, 2011 @ 8:57 am

Yum! Doesn’t get much more simple and divine :)

Cara — April 16, 2011 @ 9:01 am

Butter and I totally have a thing, but I might just have to leave it for vanilla bean butter! YUM!!

Krystina (Organically Me) — April 16, 2011 @ 9:15 am

Preeeetttyyy. It looks like frosting.

Sue — April 16, 2011 @ 9:19 am

Have you ever considered or have you written a cookbook?? It would save me from bookmarking pretty much every single recipe you have!!! ;) Vanilla Bean butter is next!

Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries — April 16, 2011 @ 9:21 am

Yum! Simple yet would make everything taste so good. You should trademark this and package it in cute little jars, haha :)

Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] — April 16, 2011 @ 9:22 am

Butter for life. You crack me up.

Gen — April 16, 2011 @ 9:28 am

Yuuuuuuum! You think that if you sent some here, it would still be edible once it arrived??? :P

laura — April 16, 2011 @ 9:30 am

Where can you buy vanilla beans whole?

Tara @ www.TheButterDish.net — April 16, 2011 @ 9:31 am

Butter butter butter. It is life sustaining!!! It makes me happy and with vanilla bean to boot makes me delirious! :)

Kristen @ Chocolate Covered Kristen — April 16, 2011 @ 9:33 am

You should be the next food network star. Vanilla bean butter? This sounds out of control.

• Kim in MD — April 16th, 2011 @ 12:16 pm

I totally agree! Have you heard…PW is starring a Food Network show this summer (isn’t that exciting?) You should have your own show, too! How Sweet It Is would be a fun show! You could feature Mr. How Sweet, Nascar, stuffed turkeys and work out tips all in one show! Seriously! :-)

Erica — April 16, 2011 @ 9:54 am

Vanilla + butter? Can you go wrong. I could think of like a million uses for this!

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food — April 16, 2011 @ 10:03 am

I do need some vanilla bean in my life… it’s like gold :)

Haleigh — April 16, 2011 @ 10:25 am

You are too cute! Butter for life, indeed :) I can think of so many ideas for this!! Yum.

Justeen @ Blissful Baking — April 16, 2011 @ 10:34 am

Mmm this would be just heavenly spread on scones or muffins!

Ashley — April 16, 2011 @ 10:34 am

If you added brown sugar to this mix I think I’d just eat it straight!

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — April 16, 2011 @ 10:39 am

That is a fabulous idea! I love how vanilla beans make things look after they are incorporated into it. So pretty!

Cait @ Beyond Bananas — April 16, 2011 @ 10:49 am

How simple.. looks so indulgent!

Karly — April 16, 2011 @ 10:55 am

Spread it on a muffin? I’d eat that with a spoon. ;)

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing — April 16, 2011 @ 11:09 am

Not gonna lie — I love flavored butters and oils (more along the lines of roasted garlic infused, but this — this will definitely work too ;) ). I think lemon and basil butter and oil are awesome for veggies and such during the summer; so bright and zippy!

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — April 16, 2011 @ 11:14 am

I made the mistake of buying a $14 container of 2 vanilla beans in front of my boyfriend once. I felt so judged haha. I think they’re worth it! You just can’t get the same flavor from extract.

Kelly — April 16, 2011 @ 11:16 am

YUM! Why is that sometimes the simplest ideas turn out to be the best ones…or bette yet how come I never think of them? haha!

Rachel @ Rachel's Recipe Reviews — April 16, 2011 @ 11:29 am

Yummy! What a fabulous idea!

Kim in MD — April 16, 2011 @ 12:12 pm

YUM! Genious, Jessica! I just just imagine this spread on a warm breakfast muffin! :-)

Katrina — April 16, 2011 @ 12:38 pm

This is a lovely idea! I must try this asap!

Ann Claire — April 16, 2011 @ 1:03 pm

That sounds delicious! Of course, most things that involve butter are :)

Lucy @ The Sweet Touch — April 16, 2011 @ 2:12 pm

So simple, yet so delicious. I would slather this on a fresh out the oven scone, mmm, mmm good!

jenny eats nutella from a spoon — April 16, 2011 @ 2:42 pm

holy crap.

Hannah @ PalmBeachRunner — April 16, 2011 @ 3:18 pm

What a delicious idea! I just made tons of buttercream frosting for cupcakes a few days ago and have vanilla bean and butter left over! :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — April 16, 2011 @ 4:01 pm

Yum. How could butter + vanilla ever be bad?

MelissaNibbles — April 16, 2011 @ 4:39 pm

Or just eat it out of the bowl.

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — April 16, 2011 @ 4:54 pm

My dad would be ALL OVER this. He eats pats of butter for dessert. This would probably blow his mind.

Molly — April 16, 2011 @ 4:55 pm

Oh this is so sinful!!

Christina — April 16, 2011 @ 5:23 pm

You’re so awesome. How do these ideas come to you!

Sara — April 16, 2011 @ 6:34 pm

I know its been asked but I have never been able to find whole vanilla beans…did you find them in a store or did you buy them online? I’m at a loss and this looks so incredible!

Jessica — April 16, 2011 @ 7:42 pm

Hey, Jessica! I have never written on your wall, but i thought that my little ol’ self should drop you a line, particularly since that pesky moniker happens to belong to both of us. This butter sounds amazing! However, even more amazing is your stylish, wonderful website which i admit to checking eagerly every day for new recipes or tidbits about your day. Your cheerful, cheeky writing always brightens my sometimes-dull high school days and i think you and your taylor-swift loving husband are adorable! Go Mr. How Sweet! Your website truly is toothsome :-)

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — April 16, 2011 @ 8:30 pm

id like to swim in that

Alison (Fueling for Fitness) — April 16, 2011 @ 8:45 pm

Imagine enrobing them with chocolate and making butter truffles? Wouldn’t that delicious….or insane.

1. Pingback: Vanilla Bean Butter Recipe – Best Friends For Frosting

2. Pingback: Make Vanilla Sugar with Leftover Vanilla Beans | Kevin & Amanda

3. Pingback: Make Vanilla Sugar with Leftover Vanilla Beans | Kevin & Amanda's Recipes