With everything else we can do in this world, there still is not a dishwasher that can unload itself? Seriously.

78 Responses to “[almost] Wordless Wednesday: My Most Hated Chore.”

Kristina @ spabettie — May 11, 2011 @ 6:26 pm

my vote is for the self – cleaning bathroom… :D

• Jessica — May 11th, 2011 @ 6:33 pm

I wouldn’t object.

steph — May 11, 2011 @ 6:28 pm

I love this idea…or a machine that folds laundry.

Asya — May 11, 2011 @ 6:29 pm

My friend has a wheelchair bound sister. Their house has 2 dishwashers and dishes go from one to the other – never to the cupboard. Perhaps you just need another dishwasher?

• Jessica — May 11th, 2011 @ 6:33 pm

Wow… I’d like to see that!

• Kim in MD — May 17th, 2011 @ 3:31 pm

I have two dishwashers, and it is one of the best decisions I made when renovating my kitchen! I still hate to unload them, though! :-)

Leah @ Why Deprive? — May 11, 2011 @ 6:30 pm

Can you imagine how rich you’d be if you could invent that?

Cait @ Beyond Bananas — May 11, 2011 @ 6:31 pm

Ugh. Shh.. my dishwasher is full.. and clean. I needed something out of it. So i unlocked it, took what I need..and locked it again. Hoping the BF will put it away!

• Jessica — May 11th, 2011 @ 6:33 pm

Story of my life.

• Cait @ Beyond Bananas — May 11th, 2011 @ 6:46 pm

As I sit.. lazily.. on the couch, I am currently hearing the clinking and clanking from the kitchen.. the kind that means the dishes are being put away.

Point for Cait! :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) — May 11, 2011 @ 6:33 pm

Amen. Life would be complete…

Sam — May 11, 2011 @ 6:34 pm

Or a dryer that folds my laundry? Hello?

Gen — May 11, 2011 @ 6:36 pm

Guess what? We don’t even have dishwashers here……ugh!

Kiran — May 11, 2011 @ 6:43 pm

I’m probably going to sound like an oddball when I say this but…I actually don’t mind doing the dishes *gives nervous smile to people giving her ‘Are you crazy?!’ looks.

You know what I really hate though? Cleaning the microwave. Worst. job. ever.

The Teenage Taste — May 11, 2011 @ 6:46 pm

Ugh, unloading the dishwasher sucks. Almost as bad as manually washing dishes. ;-)

Holly @ The Runny Egg — May 11, 2011 @ 6:55 pm

I don’t mind putting away cups and dishes — it is the blasted silverware holder in the dishwasher that drives me crazy.

Kristen@PrettySweet — May 11, 2011 @ 7:05 pm

At this very moment I am avoiding unloading a clean dishwasher. I don’t know what it is, but having a sink full of dirty dishes and a dishwasher full of clean ones overwhelms me to no end. Sigh!

Bergendi — May 11, 2011 @ 7:09 pm

I like the idea I just saw on an episode of American Dad– The cupboard IS a dishwasher. THE DISHWASHER IS THE CUPBOARD.

Mary @ Stylefyles — May 11, 2011 @ 7:09 pm

hahah yes, I would rather wash dishes than unload the dishwasher. Then again, I would rather load the dishwasher than wash dishes. Oh, the puzzles of life!

R — May 11, 2011 @ 7:10 pm

You have a dishwasher, be happy.

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty — May 11, 2011 @ 7:15 pm

I agree me too!!

But every time I do it, I realize that it wasn’t THAT bad! haha Then I loathe it again next time!

Sarah - Recipe Love — May 11, 2011 @ 7:16 pm

Don’t I know it! Sometimes my husband will unload it for me, but he doesn’t know where everything goes so he leaves like half of the clean things on the counter. Good grief. I might as well do it myself!

Three-Cookies — May 11, 2011 @ 7:21 pm

There are alternatives available such as train your spouse and/or children, eat out regularly or use disposable (not environmentally friendly though).

Why unload when it goes back there again. Just use it straight out of the washer:)

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — May 11, 2011 @ 7:51 pm

Just think of the torture if you had to clean and dry all by hand in addition to putting it all away *gasp*

Andrea — May 11, 2011 @ 7:51 pm

Ironing is by far the worst chore! But my American family say you guys don’t really iron…..is that true….?

• Rachel — May 11th, 2011 @ 8:16 pm

Haha, before I even read your whole comment, I was like “Ironing? I don’t iron!” I mean… my mom irons… but I don’t even own an iron. It would only be for special occasions and I am too poor and don’t have enough space :)

• Nicole — May 12th, 2011 @ 1:41 am

Definitely a British thing. When I first moved to Scotland from Canada I barely ironed anything. Now…I have been brought over to the dark side. It’s sad really. BUT you can iron in front of the TV…

• Andrea — May 14th, 2011 @ 8:50 pm

In front of the TV or if you are very English….listening to Radio 4! One American cousin who just moved back here said she bought an iron because of how much we have to play for cleaning clothes….. but I am getting adept at tumbling and smoothing….oh and have just discovered drier sheets!! How sad…..x

Kelley — May 11, 2011 @ 7:58 pm

I’d do dishes all day long if it meant I’d never have to cook again. haha I’m a bad wife. I was always told not to put wooden spoons through the dishwasher. I think it might make them crack? You’d know better than me though. If you bake me cupcakes, I’ll do your dishes. :)

• Jessica — May 11th, 2011 @ 9:46 pm

Um, you probably aren’t supposed to. I put EVERYTHING in the dishwasher. I’ve ruined all of our nice knives.

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun — May 11, 2011 @ 8:08 pm

That’s my 2nd most hated. Sweeping/mopping is first. Loathe both because I have to do them pretty much every single day. Grrrr.

Krystina (Organically Me) — May 11, 2011 @ 8:13 pm

Even worse is not having a dishwasher and having to wash both yours and your roommate’s dishes.

Rachel — May 11, 2011 @ 8:14 pm

OMG I hate this chore. I particularly dread putting away tupperware-like items (I guess I could just say plastic storage containers) because our tupperware cupboard is a HORRIFYING MESS.

mrsblocko — May 11, 2011 @ 8:21 pm

I’ll empty your dishwasher for you if you scrub my toilets for me!

Gina @runningtothekitchen — May 11, 2011 @ 8:21 pm

The dishwasher is my least favorite too. Bathrooms aren’t far behind though.
    I usually make deals with my husband to “trade” unloading the dishwasher!

StaceyN — May 11, 2011 @ 8:23 pm

Ewww I HATE washing the dishes. You’re lucky you have a darn dishwasher. I have to do all mine by hand. =( I miss having a dishwasher though I hated washing the dishes even with one. lol

Jen of My Tiny Oven — May 11, 2011 @ 8:47 pm

I am the dishwasher at my house, and the dryer and the putter awayer! Boo on dishes!

Fallon — May 11, 2011 @ 8:49 pm

I know what you mean!

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — May 11, 2011 @ 8:56 pm

I actually don’t mind unloading the dishwasher, but I HATE dusting! I’d rather scrub a toilet.

Jessie K — May 11, 2011 @ 9:00 pm

Seriously. I agree.

DessertForTwo — May 11, 2011 @ 9:02 pm

The closest thing I’ve seen is an in-sink dish washer that you stack (vertically) the plates and silverware. You close the lid, wash, open the lid and use the dishes right out of the sink. Great idea, but it only washes a few dishes at a time. Blogging can create quite the pile of dishes ;)

helana — May 11, 2011 @ 10:10 pm

wow yeah… been married for 5 years and untill 4 months ago i was HAND washing so my dish washer has been a life saver but it still holds my clean dishes too untill my husband gets tired of opening it and puts it all away then when its empty i fill it up again from the big pile in the sink :)

Erin — May 11, 2011 @ 10:14 pm

I used to hate unloading the dishwasher. And then we moved to Japan and we don’t have one anymore. But I still hate unloading them out of the drying rack on the counter.

helana — May 11, 2011 @ 10:15 pm

i really dont mind any house chores but the DISHES/ kitchen which sucks cause i love to cook so its my mess…

elle marie — May 11, 2011 @ 10:37 pm

Me too, me too.. and if I could fit every pot and pan in the dishwasher… I WOULD.. btw my mother used to scream at me for putting her wooden spoons in the dish washer.. WHY is that?

Michelle — May 11, 2011 @ 10:40 pm

I’ll do the dishes 20 times for you if you’ll just fold and put away my laundry!

AliG — May 11, 2011 @ 10:57 pm

Agreed!

Kelly Michelle — May 11, 2011 @ 11:21 pm

I used to hate unloading the dishwasher, now I don’t have a dishwasher….. I miss unloading dishes that a machine washed for me

Ashley — May 11, 2011 @ 11:28 pm

I don’t mind unloading really, but I HATE putting laundry away. Don’t mind folding it though. So weird. I totally have that green cutting board, in that same size! ;)

doniree — May 11, 2011 @ 11:37 pm

Or laundry that can fold itself? That’s MY dream. I’ll empty your dishwasher if you put away my laundry.

Hannah — May 12, 2011 @ 12:30 am

Hilarious! I actually really enjoy unstacking the dishwasher, because it means I have a dishwasher. My current place doesn’t, and my hands get wrecked from the handwashing in hot water!

Joanna (DrizzleofSunshine) — May 12, 2011 @ 1:05 am

I hate any chore that involves dishes… except for eating off of them.

Nicole — May 12, 2011 @ 1:43 am

Someone once told me that it takes about 3 minutes to unload a dishwasher. I think it’s the thought of having to do it more than anything.

Anyone have a spare 3 minutes? ;)

Corinna @ The Fire Chiefs Wife — May 12, 2011 @ 6:57 am

One word for you . . . kids.

Lisa {smart food and fit} — May 12, 2011 @ 7:09 am

I totally agree. Though, I wish a bathroom could clean itself! I ask my husband when our 3 boys will out grow the “piss and miss” club! I know TMI but seriously I HATE cleaning the bathrooms! Have a great almost Wednesday! :)

• Jessica — May 12th, 2011 @ 9:44 am

LOL!

Lisa Y — May 12, 2011 @ 7:42 am

THAT’s why I gave that job to my 11 year old daughter! Motherhood is wonderful – lol.

Steph — May 12, 2011 @ 7:49 am

I completely agree – especially the utensils. They take FOREVER!

Amanda — May 12, 2011 @ 8:38 am

Amen sister. And with a family of six (including me) I load and unload at LEAST once a day. :)

Terri A. — May 12, 2011 @ 8:49 am

I’m with you, sister. Since it’s just me at home, I don’t use the dishwasher much, but when I do and the dishes are clean, I end up taking things as I need them and then hand wash them. This continues until the dishwasher is almost empty and then I put the last things away. It’s pathetic.