So.

My BFF had a baby today!

I did what any normal person would do and baked cupcakes.

You tweeted me excellent treat ideas this morning, but I stuck with good ole’ vanilla cupcakes.

Oh and chocolate too!

He is so super cute and I really want to show you a picture, but I don’t think it’s my place to be the first to plaster his face on the internet. I think he totally loved the blue sprinkles though… that’s what it looked like when he opened his eyes for 3 seconds.

If it’s any consolation, this is his sister – so I’m sure he likes cupcakes already.

Now I want a how sweet mini-me. Can someone make one then drop it off on my doorstep? And hang around too for all the diaper changes and sleepless nights? K thanks bye.

37 Responses to “Babies Like Cupcakes.”

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — May 19, 2011 @ 5:34 pm

Aw, congratulations to your friend! I’d love some of those cupcakes right now:-)

Hannah (Hannah Lives) — May 19, 2011 @ 5:34 pm

Cute! Tell her congrats!
    … and now I want cupcakes.

Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries — May 19, 2011 @ 5:36 pm

his older sister is such a cutie! he must be super cute. those cupcakes are lookin’ mighty tasty.

Holly @ The Runny Egg — May 19, 2011 @ 5:39 pm

Congrats to your friend!

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) — May 19, 2011 @ 5:46 pm

awww, that’s so awesome to make cupcakes for your BFF. Tell her congrats!

You’re more than welcome to come to San Diego and babysit any time you need a kiddo fix. Kidding :) If you came to CA, you and I would be hitting the town!

Sophia Aiken — May 19, 2011 @ 5:46 pm

I would love one of those mini me’s too, but i would love to be the only one taking care of it!! LOL!! BTW, those cupcakes look absolutely yummy!!

Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife — May 19, 2011 @ 6:13 pm

mmmm I would love some of these!

Amanda — May 19, 2011 @ 6:23 pm

ooo those look delicious! Are the frosting recipes anywhere on your blog?

Christina — May 19, 2011 @ 6:26 pm

Yayy for newborn babies and a reason to bake cupcakes! Love your last sentence, haha, I’d like to make the same request!

Gen — May 19, 2011 @ 6:50 pm

Aaaw congrats to your friend! :D

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — May 19, 2011 @ 7:29 pm

Aw, congrats to your friend and I bet they all LOVED the cupcakes!!! They look delicious!!

Melissa — May 19, 2011 @ 7:29 pm

I’m due in August and I hope someone brings me cupcakes!

Cait @ Beyond Bananas — May 19, 2011 @ 7:38 pm

Aww so cute. I am SURE baby will love them just as much as mommy.

Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum — May 19, 2011 @ 7:59 pm

Hahaha… live vicariously through your BFF and enjoy the freedom! That’s what I’m doing and it’s working out well for now. :)

Alaina — May 19, 2011 @ 8:00 pm

Aw, congratulations to your friend!! I know I would enjoy some cupcakes after giving birth. Chocolate makes everything better. :-)

Melissa — May 19, 2011 @ 8:10 pm

That little girl is beyond darling! Can’t wait to see how cute your mini-me will be someday! :)

Katie — May 19, 2011 @ 8:13 pm

Of course babies like cupcakes!! Yay for a little baby boy…his sister is exceptionally cute, I bet he’s just as lovable.

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — May 19, 2011 @ 8:15 pm

Aww, congrats to your friend and those cupcakes are so cute!

Paige @ Running Around Normal — May 19, 2011 @ 8:18 pm

Lucky baby’s mother!! :)

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — May 19, 2011 @ 8:41 pm

Oh these are super cutie! Love the blue half moons. Presh.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — May 19, 2011 @ 8:57 pm

Babies know what’s up from day one!

*Andrea* — May 19, 2011 @ 10:09 pm

vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting are so delicious and classic :) these look great!!!

Krystina (Organically Me) — May 19, 2011 @ 11:22 pm

Oh my goodness, that little girl is so cute. Congrats to your BFF!

Mama Pea — May 20, 2011 @ 12:25 am

You almost make me want to have another baby so you will bake me cupcakes. They’d be worth it.

Skinny Jeans Mom — May 20, 2011 @ 1:59 am

How cute! and they are incredibly sweet and worth every sleepless moment =D

Brenna [fabuleuxdestin] — May 20, 2011 @ 6:16 am

How exciting!!!

Lisa {Smart Food and Fit} — May 20, 2011 @ 6:39 am

Congrats to your friend! I like the name of your post, ha ha ha. When I was nursing my last child I’d always sneak in a cup cake here and there. I’d say oh the baby wants dessert! Yep, now he’s 19 months old and he definitely knows what a cup cake is! Too bad my friends didn’t bake me any cupcakes! :)

Lisa — May 20, 2011 @ 7:17 am

Congradulations! How exciting..I can’t wait to see photo’s…. The cupcakes look yummy!

Kim in MD — May 20, 2011 @ 7:48 am

Congratulations to your BFF! His big sister is adorable, so I’m sure he is, too! I can’t wait for you and Mr. How Sweet to have a little baby How Sweet! You are going to have even more funny tales to tell! :-)

megan — May 20, 2011 @ 8:21 am

Congrats Auntie Sweet!!! I thought I loved my neices and nephews more than life and then I had my own munchies…I LOVED being pregnant, even loved the empowerment of labor and delivery (still got an epi, but come on, you will be amazed at what your body does!!!!), but then holding your own little new life??? More indescribable joy than you can imagine… You have GOT to have one!! :)

If I knew you delivered cupcakes for babies, I’d have one more…but 4 is enough for us I think :)

Happy When Not Hungry — May 20, 2011 @ 8:36 am

Congrats to your BFF!!! My sister is having a baby in July and I cannot wait!

Paula at Dishing The Divine — May 20, 2011 @ 4:19 pm

What a fun way to celebrate a new life! :) Babies are so cute, even if they do poop and cry. :)

Stephanie@MyThornsHaveRoses — May 20, 2011 @ 5:30 pm

Congrats to your friend!! I’m sure he’s adorable {his sister is CUTE}. I firmly believe that cupcakes are appropriate for every occasion.

Melissa @ Journey to Marvelous — May 20, 2011 @ 6:06 pm

Congratulations to your BFF! The new big sister is super cute! And ahem, I *do* enjoy cupcakes that much! :)

chutneyandspice — May 21, 2011 @ 8:55 am

Mummies like cupcakes too! I bet she was delighted, just what she needed after all her hard work bringing new life into the world.

Ashley — May 21, 2011 @ 4:31 pm

I absolutely LOVE how you decorated these!!!! Congrats to your friend!

Amanda@RunningOnCoffee — May 22, 2011 @ 6:09 pm

Those cupcakes look amazing! I’m not ready for diapers and sleepless nights either. For now, I’ll live vicariously through my 3 (THREE!) college & high school friends who had babies last week.