Will you still love me if I do this?

Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Candied Bacon I howsweeteats.com

How about this?

Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Candied Bacon I howsweeteats.com

I’m hoping so, considering you loved me after this and this. I think. By the way, I enjoy this unconditional crush we’ve got going on.

Believe it or not, and judging from today’s title I’m sure you’re teetering on “not,” I have a plethora of healthy meals to share with you.

I swear. That’s actually what we eat… like 80% of the time. Sort of.

I just can’t.get.them.out.

Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Candied Bacon I howsweeteats.com

There is something utterly gratifying and spectacular about creating a recipe that makes you feel the need to go to confession. A cookie that makes you feel like an adulterous glutton, a chewy round of peanut butter laced with chocolate candied bacon that feels so wrong but tastes so right. A snack that lands at the top of the list for thisiswhyyourefat. A sweet and salty fusion that sends many into a panic, who claim that you’re the reason “all Americans are fat” and this particular cookie deems you responsible for all childhood obesity occurring after May 17th, 2011. Something a little freakish about putting pork in a cookie, I admit. It happens people. Forgive me for I have sinned.

Don’t fight the chocolate bacon. Just give in.

And don’t ask why my brain decides to come up with these things – I find it nearly as convoluted as you do, and I have to live with it. It’s pure torture I tell you.

Recipes like this are just so much better than green stuff. That’s my argument. And a fact.

Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Candied Bacon I howsweeteats.com

Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Candied Bacon

cookies adapted form this recipe

makes 12-15 cookies

1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup peanut butter

2/3 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup white sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

4 slices cinnamon-sugared candied bacon

1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dip candied bacon slices in melted chocolate and let come to room temperature while preparing the dough. If needed, stick them in the fridge for a few minutes.

Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars together in the bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy – about 3-4 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, mixing until combined. Add flour, baking soda and salt, mixing until just combined and dough forms. Crumble bacon and fold it into dough. Drop tablespoon-sized dough balls on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.

Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Candied Bacon I howsweeteats.com

I’m done. For now.

136 Responses to “Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Candied Bacon.”

The Teenage Taste — May 17, 2011 @ 7:02 am

AHHHH! This is GENIUS! I love it! :-D

Blond Duck — May 17, 2011 @ 7:11 am

I can’t believe how you think of this stuff!

Estela @ Weekly Bite — May 17, 2011 @ 7:12 am

I’ve been patiently waiting for you to create something like this ;)

Looks incredible!

Heather — May 17, 2011 @ 7:13 am

These are definitely naughty – but OH so nice! I love your brain.

Erica — May 17, 2011 @ 7:22 am

Would you forgive me if I made them without the bacon :) The end product looks awesome. I am a thick cookie girl all the way!

• Jessica — May 17th, 2011 @ 9:24 am

I suppose… ;)

Aimee Shugarman — May 17, 2011 @ 7:23 am

Yum!!! I love to bake up some cupcakes, and I always plan to make bacon for breakfast the same day. That way I can dip some of the leftover bacon in frosting. It’s a beautiful combination!! I’m positive I would totally love pork and cookie!
    -Aimee

Gen — May 17, 2011 @ 7:26 am

Amazing idea!!!!!!!!!!!! If only we could actually find bacon here……..

Emily — May 17, 2011 @ 7:32 am

OH…..MY…..WORD!!!! This has to be sin! Haha:) But boy does it sure look delicious! I have actually never even had chocolate and bacon together….or even candied bacon….but I must try this combination very very soon..for sure!!

• Jessica — May 17th, 2011 @ 9:23 am

You need to!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — May 17, 2011 @ 7:36 am

If they have bacon does that mean I can eat them for breakfast?

• Jessica — May 17th, 2011 @ 9:23 am

Oh yes… excellent point!

Holly @ The Runny Egg — May 17, 2011 @ 7:36 am

I love how your mind works!

Kim — May 17, 2011 @ 7:43 am

Oh My Gosh…I loved you even more after each step/picture. It’s 7 am and all I want to do is devour a whole batch of these. There is NOTHING better than peanut butter, chocolate, and bacon…be still my heart :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) — May 17, 2011 @ 7:47 am

thisiswhyyourefat is one of the most awesome websites out there…too bad most of it i think sound good :) peanut butter, bacon, and cookie – sign me up!

Kristin — May 17, 2011 @ 7:48 am

I. love. you. My friend called me crazy when I said “hey! chocolate + bacon! huh?” too. This is beautiful. Viva la bacon!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) — May 17, 2011 @ 7:48 am

You, my friend, are a trouble maker! These are so sinful!

shana @ 100lbsandcounting — May 17, 2011 @ 7:51 am

Wow, you’ve REALLY outdone yourself this time! I would LOVE to try those! Do you ship?? ;)

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — May 17, 2011 @ 7:57 am

Wow! I do believe you’ve out done yourself!

Amanda @ The Artsy Kitchen — May 17, 2011 @ 7:59 am

Oooooh, you were right, sinful. The texture on those cookies looks perfect!

The Blue-Eyed Bakers — May 17, 2011 @ 8:07 am

Shut the front door. Candied bacon!? Stop it. We are in love. LOVE. Genius lady, genius.

Missy — May 17, 2011 @ 8:08 am

Is this what you were talking about on Twitter being the mortal sin? If so, I have to agree! If not, I’d hate to see what is!
    Fabulous combo – of course I’d have to add a smidge of maple flavoring to give it that triple heavenly mix of bacon, peanut butter and maple syrup!!

• Jessica — May 17th, 2011 @ 9:22 am

Yes it was!

Lauren — May 17, 2011 @ 8:09 am

Confession exists for a reason. :)

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — May 17, 2011 @ 8:12 am

If someone was going to do it, I knew it would be you! :)

Amy — May 17, 2011 @ 8:15 am

mmm i love chocolate and bacon. my aunt bought me a chocolate bar with bits of bacon in it. it was amazing. and i love the whole idea of chocolate chip cookies with bacon, or chocolate cupcakes with bacon…so why not peanut butter with chocolate-coated bacon? amazing.

• Jessica — May 17th, 2011 @ 9:22 am

Was is a Vosges bar? Love those!

VeggieGirl — May 17, 2011 @ 8:28 am

I love you even more :D

Rachel @ Rachel's Recipe Reviews — May 17, 2011 @ 8:32 am

Oh my gosh, you are outta control and I love it!

Liz — May 17, 2011 @ 8:44 am

I always say that it’s easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Great recipe!!

• Jessica — May 17th, 2011 @ 9:21 am

Love that!

Kelly — May 17, 2011 @ 9:25 am

You are off the hook and I like it! :)

megan @ whatmegansmaking — May 17, 2011 @ 9:33 am

Now this is a way I could eat bacon! Wonderful :)

Rachel @ The Perseverance Diaries — May 17, 2011 @ 9:35 am

Going to your website is like going to a restaurant while waiting for the food and looking at the other table’s food with envy. Sometimes I just want to steal a truffle french fry from my neighbors plate but they would probably think I’m crazy. I look at your food and think, can I have a bite? :)

MonkeyDudesMom — May 17, 2011 @ 9:35 am

When my 2 year old saw the picture of the bacon dipping into the chocolate she said, “Oooooooo! Look at that!” :)

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food — May 17, 2011 @ 10:07 am

why am I not surprised about you liking creating recipes that send readers to confession ;)

Adam — May 17, 2011 @ 10:07 am

I don’t know if I can make these. I can’t quite figure out how to add the bacon before I eat it. :)

Erin — May 17, 2011 @ 10:10 am

Definitely craving already. Oh and I love thisiswhyyourfat.

Evan Thomas — May 17, 2011 @ 10:12 am

It’s just not fair if you didn’t bring enough for the whole class.

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food — May 17, 2011 @ 10:18 am

Great. I just finished my Oreos and now I have to go out and buy bacon and chocolate. ;-)

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) — May 17, 2011 @ 10:24 am

this is one of those recipes that there are certain people who are going to kiss the ground you walk on for coming up with it! for me, I’ll pass on the bacon but i love your brain’s creativity!!! :)

Meg @ write meg! — May 17, 2011 @ 10:25 am

Oh, I’m a fan already. These look amazing — and I love peanut butter!

Gina @Runningtothekitchen — May 17, 2011 @ 10:29 am

this recipe is just unreal! And I a mean that in a good way :)

Kay Gouge — May 17, 2011 @ 10:30 am

Elvis would have married you.

Tiffiny — May 17, 2011 @ 10:39 am

i loveeee thisiswhyyourfat!!! normally makes me hungry LOL

Kelly — May 17, 2011 @ 10:43 am

Why would we hate you? That sounds genius and so bookmark worthy. I’m saving this for later. I made some brioche donuts with a maple glaze and bacon crumbles over the weekend (posting this week) & thought of you.

Heather of Kitchen Concoctions — May 17, 2011 @ 10:46 am

I have been craving sweets real bad lately…. and you’re not helping the problem by sharing things like this! Haha! These look crazily delicious!

Joanna@ Drizzle of Sunshine — May 17, 2011 @ 10:51 am

I don’t know if I should shake my head or hug you? ;p

Melissa @ Journey to Marvelous — May 17, 2011 @ 10:55 am

Hahaha….you and your bacon! While I was usually go for straight-up chocolate rather than chocolate covered bacon, these look interesting….thanks for posting this crazy concoction! :P

HeatherChristo — May 17, 2011 @ 11:01 am

ok- I haven’t been able to truly embrace bacon in baked goods after a rather nasty run in with a “bacon” chocolate bar- but these cookies look so good, I think they could change my mind. I also think a certain husband would die of happiness…

Amy W — May 17, 2011 @ 11:06 am

The Wisconsin State Fair has had chocolate covered bacon on a stick for the last few years now and when they first had it I was skeptical but it’s delicious! I bet it’s even more fabulous in these cookies and candied!

P.S. Mr. How Sweet should bring you this: http://thisiswhyyourefat.tumblr.com/post/477127230/bacon-bouquet-submitted-by-rusty-shackleford

• Jessica — May 17th, 2011 @ 1:52 pm

He should!

Tracy — May 17, 2011 @ 11:10 am

Yes, yes I will still love you. Mmm. :-)

natalie (the sweets life) — May 17, 2011 @ 11:11 am

AHHH wish you’d posted these a week ago, before our “bourbon, bacon, and blues” party on saturday. guess we need to have another one…! :)

• Jessica — May 17th, 2011 @ 1:52 pm

I need to have a party like that!

thehealthyapron — May 17, 2011 @ 11:12 am

wow I would have not thought of this! I wish I Could taste one right now, as I’m starving for lunch! lol

Sasha — May 17, 2011 @ 11:17 am

I’ve been reading your blog for about 6 months, and what came to mind when I saw this title was, “It was just a matter of time.” The 3 loves combined: chocolate, peanut butter and BACON! It was bound to happen at some point!

Jihane @Sinful Sundays — May 17, 2011 @ 11:21 am

that candied bacon looks so delicious. freaking yum!

1 2 3

1. Pingback: Tropical Kiwi Strawberry Spring Rolls. | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Candied Bacon Cookies | Foodbeast

3. Pingback: Bacon Love | Your Kind of Salad

4. Pingback: Blissful Blabs 2011 May 24-31 « Blissblog

5. Pingback: Blueberry Lime Salsa | How Sweet It Is

6. Pingback: Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Candied Bacon | The Spiffy Cookie

7. Pingback: It’s Not Christmas Until Someone Leaves Devastated « Braise the Roof

8. Pingback: Pigging out. Sort of. | KP's Cookies