Once upon a time I combined chocolate and peanut butter.

Luckily for you, it was yesterday. Yesterday!

Luckily for me too. Not luckily for my thighs. Not luckily for the 7 bikinis in my drawer that haven’t seen the light of day since this website began. But who wants to think about spandexy strings? Not I.

I would like to think about chocolate and peanut butter married into a fudgy cookie. And the tequila sitting on my counter begging to be made into another margarita. And the brie in my fridge waiting to be melted with cocoa fig spread. And this nail polish. Want.

Good news: I was swept off my feet yesterday. Not by my husband, who grilled chicken in an 80s-worthy tank top and boxers with teeth on them. Not by my DVR… which somehow froze on a Dancing with the Stars shirtless Maks scene. Anyone have some super glue remover for my eyes? Oh, and I need a new DVR… or not.

But whatever… I was swept off my feet by a massive chocolate craving. Cho. Co. Late.

It would be nice to say I handled this with a solitary square of the dark stuff after dinner, but yeah… I’m not wired that way. If you are… you’re sort of a freak. And I’m just being a mean girl because I’m jealous. And posses no self control.

I love freaks and would totally bake you a batch of these cookies though. Or you could just bake one yourself. It might get to you quicker. And it won’t be half eaten.

Peanut butter + cocoa powder + melted chocolate + chocolate chips = pure bliss. Did you know?

Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies

makes 30-40 cookies

1 cup butter, at room temperature

1/2 cup peanut butter

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 cups flour

1/2 cup dark cocoa powder (I use Hershey’s Special Dark)

1 heaping teaspoon of baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted

1 cup milk chocolate chips

Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Add in melted semi-sweet chocolate and mix until just combined.

Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 4-6 hours. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop large mounds of dough (about 2 tablespoons worth) and place on a cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Off to spend the rest of my life (or 30 minutes) on the treadmill. Cookies for breakfast what?

P.S. -> you can win some of my red velvet brownies here!

154 Responses to “Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies.”

Aimee Shugarman — May 13, 2011 @ 7:06 am

Yum. Those look perfect!

VeggieGirl — May 13, 2011 @ 7:07 am

Pure bliss indeed.

The Teenage Taste — May 13, 2011 @ 7:07 am

Bathing suits…or…chocolate? It’s an age-old decision most woman have to make. I choose chocolate! ;-)

The Waspy Redhead — May 13, 2011 @ 7:09 am

Wow, just wow!

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — May 13, 2011 @ 7:10 am

I don’t even know what to say….I want to plunge headfirst into the screen to get one of these!

Jennifer — May 13, 2011 @ 7:14 am

Easily the best thing about waking up at the ass crack with my one year old this morning was seeing this post. Thank you!

• Jessica — May 13th, 2011 @ 8:43 am

Hahah you are so welcome!

Audrey — May 13, 2011 @ 7:17 am

Why are you doing this to me?? You keep on feeding my unhealthy relationship with peanut butter! I made a batch of your “Better-than-Crack” brownies a couple of days ago and now, I’ll have to make this! My thighs hate you but I still think you’re perfect!

• Jessica — May 13th, 2011 @ 8:43 am

Those brownies are a sin.

• Rachel — May 14th, 2011 @ 1:52 am

Oh my goodness! I just made those better-than-crack brownies also the other day! There were so good, my father told me all he wants for Father’s Day is a big pan of those. :)
      Jessica, I have to tell you that I’ve been reading your blog and trying a new recipe daily. Everything has been wonderful! I think my favorite is the smoky barbeque chicken pizza and better-than-crack brownies. Keep the yummy recipes coming!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — May 13, 2011 @ 7:19 am

I made something like this a few months ago…and they looked SO dark. You can’t go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — May 13, 2011 @ 7:19 am

I’ve always known that chocolate and peanut butter went well together. Welcome to (my) dark side.

Steph@321delish — May 13, 2011 @ 7:33 am

OHMYGODNESS! Chocolate + PB = heaven! Will reward myself with these this weekend!

The Blue-Eyed Bakers — May 13, 2011 @ 7:35 am

Please. No bikini talk around the peanut butter & chocolate cookies! Let us focus on these divine little things…!

Mary Beth — May 13, 2011 @ 7:39 am

i’m afraid these would not make it past the dough for me…straight from bowl to mouth. no oven required. :|

• Jessica — May 13th, 2011 @ 8:42 am

The dough is so addicting!

• Mary Beth — May 13th, 2011 @ 9:11 am

Once I saw the title of this post, I knew I wouldn’t make it past the dough. LOL

Heather (Heather's Dish) — May 13, 2011 @ 7:40 am

NOT fair, i have a massive chocolate craving and am heading to the airport instead of making these cookies! the textures are INSANE!

Sanjeeta kk — May 13, 2011 @ 7:44 am

Wowie! These dark chocolaty cookies look gorgeous. Love the idea of peanut butter and chocolate combo…must have been scrumptious treats :) Lovely texture.

Alexis — May 13, 2011 @ 7:46 am

Wow. those look so delicious. How do you not eat the whole batch!? PB and chocolate = ultimate dessert combo

Blog is the New Black — May 13, 2011 @ 7:47 am

I love you times a gazillion.

Holly @ The Runny Egg — May 13, 2011 @ 7:47 am

PB and Choc is the best!

And I’ll take a half eaten one, I’m not picky!

Christina — May 13, 2011 @ 7:47 am

Julie (Food & Other Things) — May 13, 2011 @ 7:49 am

Wow! These look delicious…chocolate and peanut butter is one of my faorite combos!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — May 13, 2011 @ 7:55 am

the last pic is phenomenal.

i love that you shot on wood. i would have been leery of shooting a dark cookie on wood, thinking it would all mush together, but you rocked the photography.

clearly you rocked the recipe, i mean my god, i am drooling!!!!

you are amazing :)

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — May 13, 2011 @ 7:55 am

Hope your hubby knows how lucky he is! You should open a bakery so that I can come buy some of your treats! ;)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) — May 13, 2011 @ 7:56 am

I’m sure you covered all the food groups in there. Oh and that’s why they invented the treadmill! So we can enjoy little things like this!

Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet — May 13, 2011 @ 7:57 am

They’re so dark!!! Which means they have to be good. The perfect rich cookie…

Now where’s my glass of milk??

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — May 13, 2011 @ 7:59 am

I currently hear these cookies calling my name!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — May 13, 2011 @ 8:00 am

So are these called triple threat because of the PB+cocoa+chocolate chips, or because they promise to make your butt+hips+thighs grow? ;) Regardless, they sound fantastic and I think I need them now!

• Jessica — May 13th, 2011 @ 8:41 am

Well really I was thinking because of the dark cocoa + melted semi-sweet chocolate + milk chocolate chips… but your explanation sounds spot on. ;)

Gen — May 13, 2011 @ 8:06 am

Yuuum!!! Dark chocolate has antioxidants, and pb has healthy fat, so these cookies are totally good for you, right? :D

• Jessica — May 13th, 2011 @ 8:40 am

Right!

Julie @SavvyEats — May 13, 2011 @ 8:11 am

The dough on the cookie sheet looks just like chocolate ice cream! Which I bet would be amazing with these cookies…

• Jessica — May 13th, 2011 @ 8:40 am

I know! I loved the big scoops.

Staci — May 13, 2011 @ 8:12 am

These sound I.S.A.N.E.L.Y. delicious!!!

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — May 13, 2011 @ 8:17 am

Wow, these look great! Funny, I just featured a similar recipe on my blog- but I used peanut butter chips instead of peanut butter. Good stuff!

Amy — May 13, 2011 @ 8:18 am

these look so delicious and fudgey-chewy on the inside. yum! i love peanut butter and chocolate. can you believe that i know someone who does NOT like this glorious creation!?

• Jessica — May 13th, 2011 @ 8:39 am

I don’t understand how that is humanly possible.

Erica — May 13, 2011 @ 8:20 am

I loveeee how thick these are! I’m such a thick cookie fan! And I almost picked up some of that special dark cocoa today…darn it. Next week. You have some of the best cookie recipes :)

• Jessica — May 13th, 2011 @ 8:39 am

You gotta get some! It is so good.

Laura @ Meet Virginia — May 13, 2011 @ 8:24 am

Oh great, now how am I EVER going to be ready for bathing suit season?! ;)

Maris (In Good Taste) — May 13, 2011 @ 8:42 am

Oh these definetly win over any ole bikini! Perfection in a cookie!

Caitlin — May 13, 2011 @ 8:50 am

ugh, Jessica, you’ve done it again! these look amazing. chocolate and peanut butter is just about my favourite combination…and the reason that I have only ever worn my bikini when swimming at night.

every blog post you write speaks to me! chocolate, cheese, no self control. i feel you. and this is why i spend hours of my life in the gym.

Heather — May 13, 2011 @ 9:09 am

You are going to make me fat if you keep it up. Now I think I should make them today, but then I would eat them and that would be bad.

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — May 13, 2011 @ 9:12 am

Wait wait, *once* upon a time you combined chocolate and peanut butter? How about 800x upon a time. Which is why I keep coming back.

the Provident Woman — May 13, 2011 @ 9:38 am

These look amazing!!! I’m craving me some cookies now!!!

Erin — May 13, 2011 @ 9:40 am

I think everything is a threat that you make. A threat of amazing!

Theresa — May 13, 2011 @ 9:57 am

mmmm this looks super good! since you refrigerate the dough, this would make a fantastic gift too. Wrap it up in parchment in a log and they can slice it and bake. You can send me one if you’d like ;) hehe

• Jessica — May 13th, 2011 @ 9:58 am

Love that idea!

Lauren from Lauren's Latest — May 13, 2011 @ 10:01 am

Whoa! Those look so chocolaty! Peanut Butter and chocolate is seriously one of the best combo’s ever. EVER.

megan @ whatmegansmaking — May 13, 2011 @ 10:02 am

I was just thinking sadly about my bikini today…

oh well, already forgotten. I’m making these cookies as soon as possible!

Karly — May 13, 2011 @ 10:02 am

Oh, those look so rich and fudgy and melty! I might have to make them for dessert today. In fact, thank the Baby Jesus, I have all of the ingredients. I’m definitely making them.

Ashley — May 13, 2011 @ 10:25 am

Mmmm, a cookie sounds great right about now but it’s only 10:25am here so maybe I’ll hold off for a bit longer.

Cara — May 13, 2011 @ 10:49 am

As if I didn’t drool all over my computer every time I read your blog enough…. now that I can’t bake for several weeks it is 10x worse! These look phenomenal!

• Jessica — May 13th, 2011 @ 12:10 pm

Several weeks?! Ugh.

• Cara — May 13th, 2011 @ 12:44 pm

I agree! We don’t have an oven, and the supplies would be super expensive, but I guess being in Italy makes up for it. I’m just craving every sort of baked good known to man at the moment.

Joanna@ Drizzle of Sunshine — May 13, 2011 @ 11:00 am

Yummy combo! My quick fix for this combo… warm toast with pb and Nutella… If you’re lucky, it ooozes out all delicious! YUM!

• Jessica — May 13th, 2011 @ 12:10 pm

Yum!

Gina @Runningtothekitchen — May 13, 2011 @ 11:04 am

There is no better combo than PB and chocolate. Bookmarking this one for when that crazy chocolate craving takes over!

AllieNic @Frisky Lemon — May 13, 2011 @ 11:09 am

You make it hard for me to not eat chocolate. Just looking at these cookies I want to make a big bowl of chocolate chips and peanut butter, microwave it for a few seconds and then eat it with a spoon.

When I get a spare tire, it will be all your fault ;)

Ashley — May 13, 2011 @ 11:11 am

I haven’t had a cookie in WAY too long. Ugh!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — May 13, 2011 @ 11:20 am

Oh my goodness… Those are devilish!

Kelly — May 13, 2011 @ 11:55 am

Those look incredibly intense and insanely naughty!

1 2 3

1. Pingback: so where were we « the edible perspective

2. Pingback: Just add… « k + v

3. Pingback: Chocolate+Chocolate+Chocolate+Peanut butter = :) « Beautiful Disasters

4. Pingback: what’s inside your package? | sarah learns

5. Pingback: Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies zomg. | FwE

6. Pingback: THE BEST COOKIES I’VE EVER MADE! « Hoping in God

7. Pingback: Cookies on a Tuesday Afternoon | Cooking My Self

8. Pingback: College Care Packages

9. Pingback: Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies | Sweet Pea's Kitchen

10. Pingback: Sweet Pea's Kitchen » Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies

11. Pingback: Favourite Basic Recipes Part II: Crunchy Biscuits/Cookies | Actually Living

12. Pingback: Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies | Jasey's Crazy Daisy