1. I did something really dumb. I dipped a pretzel in the Trader Joe’s salted caramel. I don’t even like pretzels. Now all I have is a jar with pretzels sticks sinking like quick sand, a sticky keyboard and a new addiction.

2. Speaking of addictions, I also like drinking those iced mochas. And I don’t like coffee either.

3. So far, you’ve learned that I don’t like pretzels and I don’t like coffee, yet I keep eating them. Why isn’t this possible with vegetables?

4. I don’t like broccoli at all. I just had to tell you.

5. This is rapidly becoming a depressing list. So I will tell you things I do love: shoes, chocolate, sprinkles, cheese, shoes and mascara. And big hair.

6. We had dark chocolate + blueberry pancakes this weekend. They were good. (And healthy.)

7. The weather is sort of weird. It is now 95 degrees. It totally skipped the 50s through the 80s. And I’m sunburnt. But I don’t like when people talk about the weather so I’m going to stop.

8. I ended up ordering the first Anthropologie suit and it’s not as cute as I’d hoped. I sort of look like a lump in it. But I’m currently obsessed with sweetheart neckline strapless one pieces with giant sunglasses. I want to be Jackie O and Elizabeth Taylor. Without all those marriages and other… stuff.

9. You know what I’m saying?

56 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Elaine — May 31, 2011 @ 5:39 pm

I, too, love big hair. I secretly wish I could go back to the 80s and live in New Jersey with big hair and a thick accent and shoulder pads (I have slopey shoulders).

• Jessica — May 31st, 2011 @ 5:43 pm

Hahah! My mom still wears shoulder pads.

samantha @ fresh n fit — May 31, 2011 @ 5:46 pm

ohhhh anthropologie. so pretty for my closet, such abuse for my wallet. can’t win em all. ps, the weather? 99. won’t hit 100 here in cincinnati.

Michelle — May 31, 2011 @ 5:57 pm

Oooh how I love the things you love!! And I’m so sorry about your swimsuit! I thought it was the best one, too! I love the whole Elizabeth Taylor look! Good luck! :)

Melanie @ SpareTimeBaker — May 31, 2011 @ 6:02 pm

I heart you. I need to go make a big ol’ iced mocha now. And maybe pancakes. It’s 6 p.m. and 85 degrees here, and I have NO desire to wear a swimsuit. Ever.

Ashley — May 31, 2011 @ 6:03 pm

I dip dark chocolate covered pretzels in Trader Joe’s salted caramel. Then I die a little bit. But at least I die happy? I could seriously eat an entire jar of salted caramel with a bag of pretzels everyday.

Jen of My Tiny Oven — May 31, 2011 @ 6:03 pm

I had pancakes for dinner last night! Love them!
    I can’t even think about putting on a suimsuit right now! AHHH!! I am sure it looks great on you!

Beth @ Persnickety Hall — May 31, 2011 @ 6:03 pm

I have an addiction to mascara as well. Throw in some false lashes and i’m a happy lady. :)

Bummer about the swimsuit! You probably look better than you think. We gals tend to be too harsh on ourselves.

Lauren — May 31, 2011 @ 6:07 pm

Add Audrey Hepburn to the list and I’m sold! They were SO glamorous!
    Don’t forget the jewels. They all had jewels! Life is always better with sparkly things.

Blog is the New Black — May 31, 2011 @ 6:08 pm

I love you.

Alexa @ Simple Eats — May 31, 2011 @ 6:14 pm

You should have totally grown up in the 50′s. Or with me. Either or.

Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat — May 31, 2011 @ 6:31 pm

I’ve always loved big hair, but I don’t think I can pull it off :) Maybe it’s because I didn’t grow up in the 80s??

Totally jealous of those pancakes–never thought to use blueberries and dark chocolate!

VeggieGirl — May 31, 2011 @ 6:40 pm

I love this :D It’s NOT a depressing list!

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — May 31, 2011 @ 6:41 pm

If you don’t like pretzels, you could dip with potato chips instead. Chocolate covered potato chips.

Ashley — May 31, 2011 @ 6:54 pm

Have I been under a rock? What is this delicious Trader Joe’s Salted Caramel that you speak of? Is it super bad for me?

Lauren O — May 31, 2011 @ 7:14 pm

Four words:

Pretzels. Cream Cheese Frosting.

To die for.

Tricia — May 31, 2011 @ 7:19 pm

I most definitely know what you’re saying. And I am so with you on #5.

Cait @ Beyond Bananas — May 31, 2011 @ 7:21 pm

I love dipping pretzels in anything. I must be careful around said pretzels though.. because I have NO problem eating and entire bag!

shannon — May 31, 2011 @ 7:24 pm

shoulda got the polka dot one :/

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — May 31, 2011 @ 7:37 pm

AS IF you look like a lump.

I don’t buy it.

Gen — May 31, 2011 @ 7:39 pm

Gotta love pretzels+caramel! :D

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) — May 31, 2011 @ 7:52 pm

suits like the anthro ones…are VERY hard to pull off. I dont really know what body type could. Im tall and thin and would look horrible in it (I know this already) and I dont know if shorter women would look good in them.

I think it just HAS to be 1963 and your name has to be Marilyn Monroe :)

But seriously, i bet you look awesome in it!

It’s 90F and humid here too. And your pancakes and coffee look PERFECT!

Amy W — May 31, 2011 @ 7:53 pm

One time when I was at Trader Joe’s I only bought a jar of salted carmel (for myself) and a bag of peanut butter filled pretzels (for my boyfriend)… the guy at the cash register said, “That’s an interesting combination… I’m sure it tastes good though!” I said, “Oh… they don’t go together.” But they would have if the bag of pretzels wasn’t going to someone else…

vanillasugarblog — May 31, 2011 @ 8:08 pm

i drink way too many lattes.
    i hate my latte with sugar, just plain straight up espresso with half & half or breve latte as starbucks likes to call them (fancy)
    i hate humidity. are you in the NE?

Ashli — May 31, 2011 @ 8:10 pm

How weird am I, I don’t like caramel! Or things cooked with peanut butter! Gasp! Chubby hubby doesn’t count…it has both and I love it :)

Lindsey @ Morningstar Project — May 31, 2011 @ 8:26 pm

I hate that I complained about it being “too windy” yesterday even though it was 70 degrees and sunny. Southern California has made me a wimp when it comes to weather. PS – I love the new layout!!

Savannah — May 31, 2011 @ 8:33 pm

will you be my big sister?! love the second suit you posted, I may grab that one myself :) Totally sunburnt and totally enjoyed those iced mochas! :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) — May 31, 2011 @ 8:44 pm

i feel ya…now if only they made those suits for long-torso people!

Katie — May 31, 2011 @ 8:45 pm

Those swimsuits remind me of Audrey Hepburn – who I’m obsessed with. I want one, but I don’t want to see myself in a bathings suit right now. Especially after you put the idea of caramel pretzels in my head.

Holly @ The Runny Egg — May 31, 2011 @ 9:04 pm

This list isn’t depressing at all! I too love big hair. I love hot rollers and tons of hair spray.

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — May 31, 2011 @ 9:04 pm

Shopping online is so tough–sorry the swimsuit didn’t work out. I still think it’s super cute!

Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet — May 31, 2011 @ 9:08 pm

Oh you seem to hate everything I love :( I guess you’ll have to give me a chocolate and caramel recipe to make up for it!

The pretzel-caramel combo sounds delish!
    And I’m sure you don’t look like a lump in the suit!

Brynne — May 31, 2011 @ 10:06 pm

Blueberry pancakes are my favoriteeee .. adding dark chocolate can only make them better.

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — May 31, 2011 @ 10:09 pm

Yes- the pancakes sound so good – healthy – of course! I mean think of all the antioxidants :) and why have a never dipped pretzels in the caramel sauce?? genius.

Low — May 31, 2011 @ 10:19 pm

I love you. And big hair. And coffee.

Kim@ Future Dr. B-S — May 31, 2011 @ 10:22 pm

I bought a suit super similar- but if the legs aren’t cut high they look weird – as in they make my short little legs look even shorter!

Amanda @ The Beauty Notebooks — May 31, 2011 @ 10:27 pm

dark chocolate and blueberry sound like a phenomenal combination in pancakes! I’ll have to give it a whirl.

Cynthia (It All Changes) — May 31, 2011 @ 10:28 pm

Big hair was the bane of my existence in High School. I could never get it big enough. I’m happy with straighter hair now. But I’m not a big fan of pretzels so don’t show me salted caramel and change that. :-)

Joanna (DrizzleofSunshine) — May 31, 2011 @ 11:16 pm

I TOTALLY know what you’re saying…to all of these. I feel ya girl!

Christy Denney — June 1, 2011 @ 12:06 am

I have the black and white polka dotted swimsuit from Anthro and I love it. Although I think the boycut bottoms are meant for girls with no thighs and this girl has thighs. Hello, being a food blogger I’m destined to a life with thighs!

Andrea — June 1, 2011 @ 2:03 am

Here in jolly old England it rained much of the weekend and didn’t get above 50deg ! Please don’t complain about warm weather! ;-) BUT I so want to look like Jackie O and Audrey H….. such glamour! Oh and shoulder pads, bring them back is what I say! X

Kim in MD — June 1, 2011 @ 7:13 am

I love that suit, and I would bet money that it looks gorgeous on you! It is such an unusual color-very Jackie O/Audrey H! It is so hard to find the perfect swimsuit, isn’t it? I am getting depressed just thinking about having to try on 50 of them just to find one that I like! :-) Ugggg!

Nourhan @ Miss Anthropist's Kitchen — June 1, 2011 @ 8:26 am

Mm those pancakes look delicious :)
    And if I were you, I would have totally ordered the 3rd bathing suit…I didn’t think the 1st one would have been very flattering. Ah well.

Erin — June 1, 2011 @ 9:39 am

Shoes, sprinkles, cheese, more shoes, and mascara are also some of my favorite things! Add bacon, root beer, eyeshadow primer and my cat and I’m set.

Those pancakes sounds fabulous!

Sweetheart necklines are awesome, but I never think they look quite right on me. But I convince myself that big sunglasses look awesome on my face.

Carissa — June 1, 2011 @ 11:44 am

Speaking of eating things you don’t like, I tried the Trader Joe’s salted caramel (because of you) even though I don’t like caramel. I love it & can’t stop eating it.

Erin — June 1, 2011 @ 12:20 pm

Glad to hear that the weather is nice (at least for now). We are moving to Pittsburgh in less than 2 weeks! I just hope it’s full of cute, funny people like you!! :)

Allison @ Novice Life — June 1, 2011 @ 2:53 pm

Ha! I know what you are saying!
    And I’d love to be Jacki-o…..riding horses and sipping on one of those dang marg’s from that receipe you recently posted. Because, like I even need ONE more!

Laura — June 1, 2011 @ 3:18 pm

Creepily, I feel like my TJ’s salted caramel love has paralleled yours. It’s a love-hate thing, ever since I discovered it (right before I saw it on your blog actually) I crave it, then cave and buy it, then finish the jar in 2 days. Tops. Anyway, I recently tried the pretzel-dipping thing as well even though I’m not a huge pretzel fan, but um… delicious?! But yes, messy. Although for me, I’d say I’m better off dipping pretzels than my previous favorite, Mini Cadbury Eggs.

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — June 1, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

I adore that Anthro suit. If I had any glimmer of grace, I’d be all over that, getting my Jackie O. on.

But I don’t.

Lacey — June 1, 2011 @ 6:48 pm

Maybe try this one from Lands End? I got it and I LOVE it! SO flattering.