Hiiiiii.

How are you on this fine June day?

Wait… fine June SUMMER day! It’s summer! Break out the tequila and bikinis and tiki torches. Throw a party and invite me! I’ll bring the margarita supplies.

Since it’s summer, I really need you to do two things. Like… today. You really need to do these things today. You will like them. They are summery things.

First, find a cup with a lid. Add some lime juice. Add some sort of adult beverage. Let’s just say… rum. Sweet, sweet rum. The clear kind. Not the spiced kind. It can be flavored… whatever. I like coconut. Add some ice to that cup. Shake it all up. Find another glass. Smash some mint leaves with a muddler. Don’t know what a muddler is? Yeah. That’s a bunch of ridiculousness. In situations like these, certain things come in handy. Like the handle of a screwdriver. Perfect muddling right there. Try it.

So muddle that mint with some sugar. Or maybe a simple syrup or something of the sort. Maybe add some ice to that glass? Just a little. And pour that minty, limey rum liquid over top. Drink. Preferably with a friend. Maybe on a back porch? With the sun streaming in? With a bunch of salty chips and some sort of delicious dip?

Or you could just drink it in your dark living room while watching your DVR-ed episode of The Bachelorette and wearing your sexy triple XL sweatpants. Whatev.

I’m pretty sure I just instructed you to make the biggest mess of a mojito ever, but who cares? You have lime and rum in a drinkable glass. Rim it with sugar. Be happy. It’s finally summer. The season of swimming and fireworks and mosquitoes and grills.

The second thing you have to do is chop some fruit with and pair it creamy avocado, in a SALAD. Sound weird? It’s not. Especially when you drizzle it with lime and honey and a sprinkling of fresh mint. LIKE. It’s really, really delicious. Do you think I’d eat a salad if it wasn’t?

It’s the next best thing to a mojito. AND you can eat it for breakfast. Mojitos usually don’t classify as breakfast unless… well, you know.

Avocado Lime Fruit Salad

makes about 4 generous servings (but depends on the size of your fruit)

3/4 cup fresh blueberries

6 large strawberries, quartered or halved

3 peaches, sliced

2 small avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped

2 small bananas, sliced

juice of 3 limes

1 1/2 tablespoons honey

tiny pinch of salt

a bunch of fresh mint, some chopped and other leaves left whole for garnish

In a large bowl, combine lime juice with honey, salt and a bit of chopped mint leaves. Whisk to combine. Add in strawberries, blueberries and peaches. You can make the salad ahead of time before serving and set it in the fridge at this point. Right before serving, chop bananas and avocado, add to salad, and toss to coat in the lime juice mixture. Garnish with additional fresh mint.

Why can’t all salads be like this??

93 Responses to “Avocado Lime Fruit Salad.”

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — June 21, 2011 @ 7:09 am

Bring on summer! Where can we have a party? Somewhere between PA and NY! Love this salad, it def screams summer!

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — June 21, 2011 @ 7:11 am

Yum! I love all the combination of flavors!

Erica — June 21, 2011 @ 7:12 am

Simple and delicious. I love how fresh everything is in the summer- don’t need to do too much to make it taste amazing. Whoop!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — June 21, 2011 @ 7:16 am

Your jokes in this post crack me up :) Thanks for the laughs!

And the 1st picture is gorgeous! It’s so big and crisp and beautiful.

I bet the combo of the lime juice, avo, sweet fruit is just awesome. Mmm, now I want to make this!

Ashley — June 21, 2011 @ 7:20 am

That is a beautiful salad (and I love all the jokes). Beautiful fruit and beautiful photos!!

Julie H. — June 21, 2011 @ 7:35 am

You had me at….. Then, add lime, a drizzle of honey, and fresh mint…. How on earth could it not be good? Nice work, Jessica. Nice work!

Gen — June 21, 2011 @ 7:43 am

Yum!! Can’t wait to make this! I’m the only one in the family who likes avocado, so I get it all to myself!! :D

The Teenage Taste — June 21, 2011 @ 7:44 am

Mmmm…this looks fabulous! I love how you added avocado. Yum!

emily — June 21, 2011 @ 7:49 am

hmmmm if i had it for brunch, i could wash it down with said mojito, yes? that would be a very good day ;)

• Jessica — June 21st, 2011 @ 8:54 am

You are very, very wise.

Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life — June 21, 2011 @ 7:49 am

This looks amazing. Nothing is more tempting to me in the summer than fresh avocado! A great post for a quick, scrumptions (and even healthy) meal!

Kim in MD — June 21, 2011 @ 7:49 am

Ha ha! You are so funny, Jessica! I never would have thought to add avocado to fruit salad, but it looks delicious! :-)

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — June 21, 2011 @ 7:53 am

Loving this combo! I heart creamy avocado!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — June 21, 2011 @ 7:59 am

it all looks so fresh and delicious! i’m completely drooling…especially over the lime part :)

Molly @ RDexposed — June 21, 2011 @ 8:02 am

I have some patients that either a) have never had avocado or b) don’t like avocado!!! The horror!

• Jessica — June 21st, 2011 @ 8:54 am

My husband doesn’t like it either… I don’t even know how that is possible.

Charlie — June 21, 2011 @ 8:03 am

I love the idea of adding avocado to a fruit salad! Looks amazing!!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — June 21, 2011 @ 8:05 am

I don’t know why I haven’t ever thought to put avocado in a fruit salad before.

Hilliary Wolfe — June 21, 2011 @ 8:06 am

This looks delicious! I may have to make this today since I have everything needed!

Brindi — June 21, 2011 @ 8:09 am

Yes, I want this. I’ve recently fallen in LOVE with avocados!

Alexis @ There She Goes — June 21, 2011 @ 8:15 am

your photos have been looking extra lovely lately :)

• Jessica — June 21st, 2011 @ 8:53 am

Thanks so much Alexis!

Brooke @ Bittersweetb — June 21, 2011 @ 8:16 am

I am pretty sure I can accomplish both things you asked of us haha! That salad looks so refreshing an colorful.

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — June 21, 2011 @ 8:24 am

This + mojito in the sun would be pretty perfect!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — June 21, 2011 @ 8:29 am

Someone needs to throw a pool party in our area…somewhere between Altoona and Pittsburgh :-) You can bring this…I’ll bring strawberry pie…

• Jessica — June 21st, 2011 @ 8:53 am

and it better be quick since you’re moving soon!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — June 21, 2011 @ 8:31 am

Oh yes, yes please! Let’s boycott Tuesday, find a pool, sip margaritas, and eat THIS!

• Jessica — June 21st, 2011 @ 8:53 am

I’m in!

RhodeyGirl — June 21, 2011 @ 8:32 am

Oh I LOVE fresh mint. This looks delicious and fresh.

Vicky @ Recipe Adaptors — June 21, 2011 @ 8:43 am

It is winter here in Australia.

Boo, hiss.

• Jessica — June 21st, 2011 @ 8:53 am

Yuck!

Cookbook Queen — June 21, 2011 @ 8:44 am

I loooove avacadooooo. THis looks perfect!!

OH, and I’m the one drinking this in the dark living room watching Bachelorette. Please tell me that Ames is growing on you too and I’m not a total idiot.

• Jessica — June 21st, 2011 @ 8:53 am

I am incapable of loving anyone on those shows. I read too much Reality Steve. I lack the ability to form my own opinion.

kaceyt @ om&nom — June 21, 2011 @ 9:01 am

what a perfect salad for summer! i never would have thought of adding avocado!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — June 21, 2011 @ 9:03 am

Bring on summer! This salad looks like a perfect way to welcome my favorite season.

Lori @ RecipeGirl — June 21, 2011 @ 9:26 am

Avocado + fruit… so yummy! Love this.

brandi — June 21, 2011 @ 9:27 am

I LOVE avocados in fruit salads! This sounds even better with the mint. And the sweatpants. :)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — June 21, 2011 @ 9:31 am

Love this! I was craving fruit ALL day yesterday and ended up making a fruity quinoa dish for dinner. This is a perfect fix for that craving too!

• Jessica — June 21st, 2011 @ 10:29 am

I was craving fruit yesterday too! Maybe it was the heat. I seriously think the strawberries tasted the BEST they’ve ever been.

Erin — June 21, 2011 @ 9:33 am

All salads really should be just like that.

shelly (cookies and cups) — June 21, 2011 @ 9:42 am

wow, who would have thought to put avocado in there?
    and the bachelorette is a monday night staple in my house, XL sweatpants and all ;)

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food — June 21, 2011 @ 9:50 am

So colorful! Love the combo! :-D

Oh that looks amazing, perfectly fresh for summer. This would be great as a fruit salsa too! I’ve been looking for one without onions in it forever. I can’t wait to try it!

Courtney — June 21, 2011 @ 10:03 am

Yum! I HEART mojitos… I mean they are just pure deliciousness! This salad looks great- can’t wait to try! Lord knows we need all things cool in this heat and humidity :)

Jil @ Big City, Lil' Kitchen — June 21, 2011 @ 10:34 am

Love this, Jess! and if I was having a party I’d invite you in a heartbeat!

Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers — June 21, 2011 @ 10:35 am

It’s almost too pretty to eat – I said *almost* :)

Paige - Everyday Belle — June 21, 2011 @ 10:52 am

I wish you had posted this earlier! I *just* used up the last of my avocados. I can never seem to muster up the courage to make anything more creative than guacamole, but this might just be the inspiration I need ;)!

Christine — June 21, 2011 @ 11:09 am

Simple, but good. I love strawberries and avocado, so this seems great.

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun — June 21, 2011 @ 11:12 am

Love avocado and fruit together. Add it with mint, lime, and rum? Well, okay then. You twisted my arm. ;)

Kacy — June 21, 2011 @ 11:16 am

So pretty!

Brian Kleiner — June 21, 2011 @ 11:22 am

Hi I am the owner of http://www.cakeswebake.com.
    I just joined the Foodie Blog Roll and found your blog.
    I was wondering if you would be interested in a cross promotion?
    I would send out a write up of your blog to our members as well as post it on our site. In return for a post about our site on your blog.
    If interested please email me.

Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet — June 21, 2011 @ 11:36 am

Ugh spiced rum. Reminds me of a very very bad night during my freshman year of college. Captain Morgan are no longer on speaking terms. But this salad, I think it’s going to be my new best friend :)

• Jessica — June 21st, 2011 @ 11:39 am

I had a similar experience with Malibu. But luckily we rekindled our romance. ;)

Courtney @ Cooking Up A Family — June 21, 2011 @ 11:36 am

wow this combo sounds great, i will have to try it sometime!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — June 21, 2011 @ 11:41 am

What a gorgeous, fresh and colorful salad! This looks so delicious, Jessica! Wonderful recipe.

Sara — June 21, 2011 @ 12:08 pm

I love pairing avocado with fruit – actually, avocado, mango and cottage cheese together is really good. Not as good as a mojito though…

maria — June 21, 2011 @ 12:11 pm

I’ll eat anything with avocados. This looks amzing!

Krista {Budget Gourmet Mom} — June 21, 2011 @ 12:22 pm

I would have honestly never thought to put avocado with berries but that looks delicious! The combination of flavors and textures are undeniably perfect. I am definitely going to make this…thanks for the inspiration!

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — June 21, 2011 @ 12:53 pm

The salad really looks delicious because there’s nothing like fresh fruit (with avocado!), but that mojito is really calling my name…

1. Pingback: What I want to eat this weekend « Eat, Spin, Run, Repeat