While at the beach, I think the majority of my family became obsessed with breakfast sandwiches. On top of our daily ice cream cone after a big bike ride, many ended up getting the most amazing breakfast sandwiches from a little spot on the boardwalk. They were the best thing ever.

I seriouslycouldn’twait to come home and make fun breakfast sandwiches. One of the favorite combos was eggs grilled with peppers and spinach, topped with cheese and paired with sausage or bacon on an everything bagel. I looooove everything bagels. I want to marry them.

Since I’m still battling Sinus Infection 2011 that has stripped me of 3 of the 5 senses, I made this kinda-boring-but-still-delicious breakfast sandwich for my husband this morning. I can’t wait until I can taste things again and make my ideal breakfast sandwich: grilled eggs with caramelized onions and mushrooms, maybe even some spinach, and gouda or gruyere on an everything bagel. WANT.

What’s your ideal breakfast sandwich?

82 Responses to “Breakfast.”

Amanda — June 25, 2011 @ 11:28 pm

Bacon, egg, and cheese on a croissant. Had one on Friday! I love breakfast sandwiches any time of the day!

Connie — June 25, 2011 @ 11:47 pm

You have to try a breakfast sandwich (egg, bacon, and cheese) with an cinnamon raisin english muffin! So Yummy!

Bunny Eats Design — June 26, 2011 @ 2:43 am

Put me down as another one that loves bacon, egg, avo, camembert, tomato on a croissant. When I was a university student, I would treat myself to a bought breakfast if I had a super early morning class. Just salmon, capers, cream cheese. It was delicious.

Lisa Y — June 26, 2011 @ 8:08 am

As I was reading this post I was ironically eating my favorite food EVER – the everything bagel! I so totally agree with you on this being so good. I’ve even gone so far as making bologna sandwich with it! :)

Andrea@Vegvacious — June 26, 2011 @ 9:14 am

Breakfast sandwiches are the best!! I love them for dinner too :-)

Liz — June 26, 2011 @ 9:25 am

I’m weird. DO NOT JUDGE ME!

Rye bread, toasted. 2 egg whites, 2 turkey sausage patties, yellow American cheese, and dijon mustard. BEST SANDWICH EVER.

Lisa {Smart Food and Fit} — June 26, 2011 @ 10:20 am

We just got back from church and made a stop at Tim Horton’s bagel to get some everything bagel for egg sandwiches this morning. Hope your sinus infection gets better. Have a great Sunday! :)

Leigh — June 26, 2011 @ 10:50 am

Perfect sandwich: bagel, thin slice of cheddar cheese, a fried egg, and two slices of bacon. My mouth is watering.

Jil @ Big City, Lil' Kitchen — June 26, 2011 @ 12:44 pm

Egg, cheese and bacon on a croissant. Simply but sooo good.

Kelly — June 26, 2011 @ 12:57 pm

grilled peppers and onions are awesome in eggs! Whenever Keith and I go get fajitas at Mexican food places I save the peppers and onions for my eggs the next day….smush that in between an English muffin and I might audibly make noises.

Kelly — June 26, 2011 @ 1:04 pm

Morning Star veggie sausage, orange bell pepper, egg, swiss cheese & sweet chili sauce on a whole wheat english muffin. Perfection :)

melissa@IWasBornToCook — June 26, 2011 @ 2:06 pm

the dirty jerz! best breakfast sandwich ever :) http://iwasborntocook.blogspot.com/2011/03/dirty-jerz.html

Melissa — June 26, 2011 @ 2:21 pm

Take a bagel, fry the egg with garlic, crushed red pepper, and black pepper. Top with sliced ham or turkey and smoked Gouda cheese and a dash of hot sauce. Delicious.

Paula at Dishing The Divine — June 26, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

this looks sooooo yummy! I don’t even like savory breakfasts and I’m drawn to this one!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — June 26, 2011 @ 9:03 pm

Running egg, bacon, strong cheese, and a lightly toasted bun/bagel or English muffin.

Jenna — June 26, 2011 @ 11:56 pm

OMG I think breakfast sandwiches are the best thing ever. I love them on everything from soft cheesey bagels, cheese scones, egg bread, croissants, cinnamon raisin english muffins and waffles. And the fillings can include brie cheese, avocado, tomato; egg, bacon and sharp white cheddar, and melted smoked gouda with sauteed onions and mushrooms. Has anyone had a breakfast sandwich with lobster, crab or shrimp? Something about buttered lobster scrambled with eggs sandwiched with tomato and fresh herb cream cheese sounds amazing too.

bronsont — June 27, 2011 @ 9:09 am

I think I just died and went to heaven, either that or that thing belongs on the government list of banned substances right next to crack cocaine and heroine.

I need something to clean up the drool all over my desk now! :-)

Michelle — June 27, 2011 @ 9:50 am

Everything bagels make everything taste yummy. I would put soft scrambled eggs with sausage, cheese tomato and onion on mine. Smoked salmon, cream cheese tomatoes, onion and dill works really well too.

Kristy @ Sweet Treats and More — June 27, 2011 @ 5:14 pm

Bacon, ham, egg, and cheese on a whole wheat English muffin! This one you made your husband looks delish!

dani — June 27, 2011 @ 7:35 pm

my favorite breakfast is a scrambled eggs croissant. a restaurant in Nashville called Marche makes my favorite with cheese.

Bethlin — June 28, 2011 @ 7:05 pm

Ok, I love me a breakfast sandwich. But what I really love is a homemade breakfast sandwich served on an everything bagel THIN. When you reduce the amount of bread, the density of the “everything” is so much higher that it is a Huge Win.

MathTeachD — July 3, 2011 @ 4:52 pm

I love eggs with spinach, provolone, bacon and a slice of tomato on an everything bagel-thin.

Kate — September 8, 2015 @ 11:57 am

Fried egg and cheese on a cinnamon raisin bagel! Salty and sweet. Can’t get enough.