Being home from vacation isn’t that bad.

It’s nice not to be lubed up with sunscreen and covered in a layer of sand.

Instead I’ve traded that for a lovely layer of peeling skin. Especially on my scalp. It looks really hot.

Mr. How Sweet bought filet and sweet potatoes to make me dinner last night… then we fell asleep at 7pm.

So we’re eating the filet tonight. Or tomorrow.

Mainly because I just ruined my appetite with a gooey one of these.

I like being back in the kitchen.

I made something today so delicious that I can’t stop eating it. Soon enough I will need to be removed from this house by crane.

I have a realllllly sore throat. But you are all super smart and gave me suggestions of what to do on Facebook.

The only suggestion I will probably listen to is to have a milkshake. It’s national vanilla milkshake day!

Is there anything better than sleeping in your own bed? I think not.

Even when you sleep next to a jet engine snorer.

Today is the first day in 6 days I didn’t have an ice cream cone with sprinkles.

Maybe that’s why my throat hurts.

Yep. That’s definitely it.

Must.get.ice.cream.

Bye!

30 Responses to “Home Sweet Home.”

Heather (Heather's Dish) — June 20, 2011 @ 4:02 pm

The sprinkles ice cream has got to be the reason for the throat issue. Problem solved!

Krystina (Organically Me) — June 20, 2011 @ 4:03 pm

I think a vanilla milkshake will cure your throat in no time.

amyt @ Chicken Nugget Momma — June 20, 2011 @ 4:03 pm

Hope you feel better soon!!! Ice cream is usually a ‘cure all’ :-)

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — June 20, 2011 @ 4:05 pm

Vacations are amazing, but coming home is always nice. Enjoy your bed and I hope that ice cream works for you! :-)

Kacy — June 20, 2011 @ 4:07 pm

Glad you made it back okay! Get that milkshake!

Blog is the New Black — June 20, 2011 @ 4:11 pm

Ice cream is THE cure. Obvi.

Jil @ Big City, Lil Kitchen — June 20, 2011 @ 4:19 pm

Mmm – the cookie looks so good! and a milkshake sounds like the perfect cure. Feel better!

Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness — June 20, 2011 @ 4:22 pm

lemon tea with honey!
    and then ice cream. obviously.

Mama Pea — June 20, 2011 @ 4:22 pm

Whiskey helps with sore throats too. And a Bailey’s milkshake is close enough to vanilla in my book.

Karly — June 20, 2011 @ 5:14 pm

Welcome back! I thought I was the only one whose scalp burned and peeled. Isn’t it awful? So embarassing!

Also, I have that same napkin. Hooray for Pier 1!

Feel better!

Elizabeth@The Sweet Life — June 20, 2011 @ 5:29 pm

I can’t believe ONE cookie filled you up…I need to eat at least 6 to skip dinner… :-)

Heather of Kitchen Concoctions — June 20, 2011 @ 5:38 pm

Now I am craving cookies! I think I will make a batch and eat those with a vanilla milkshake for dinner! I love celebrating food holidays! LOL!

Glad you had fun on your trip!

Katie — June 20, 2011 @ 5:48 pm

I always loathe coming back from vacation – I never want it to end. I think drinking milkshakes would probably easy my transition. :-) Glad you’re back!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — June 20, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

Feel better!!!!!!

I am just getting over a 10+ day cold that started out with the most horrific sore throat ever. And I got it just shortly after we came home from Aruba. I swear, it’s the post-travel sickness curse!

Take care of yourself with extra milkshakes and cookies :)

Maris (in Good Taste) — June 20, 2011 @ 6:42 pm

Hope you feel better soon! That cookie should make it all better!

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — June 20, 2011 @ 7:16 pm

Sprinkles are magic. You should go get some softserve with sprinkles ASAP!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — June 20, 2011 @ 9:07 pm

Ha, you better get some ice cream!!

Juju — June 20, 2011 @ 9:52 pm

Feel better soon! Maybe it was too much air conditioner. My hubby just got back from a trip and he also isn’t feeling so hot. We must be on the same page, cause my blog post has the same title as yours, and I had made a whole load of walnut choc chip cookies and yep, stuffed my face :)
    So glad, I found your blog!

Alaina — June 20, 2011 @ 10:32 pm

Ice cream cures everything. :-)

Nicole @ sugarcoatedsisters — June 21, 2011 @ 3:25 am

Frozen yogurt always helps too. I had some when I got my wisdom teeth out and it eased the pain better than heavy doses of oxycodeine :)

Hayley @ Oat Couture — June 21, 2011 @ 3:41 am

Hope you feel better soon! I definitely think ice cream, cookies and milkshakes are the way forward! :)

Kim in MD — June 21, 2011 @ 7:05 am

Welcome home, Jessica! Thanks for making me laugh this morning!

Ice cream is the perfect cure for a sore throat, and it will remind you of vacation! :-)

Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) — June 21, 2011 @ 7:58 am

Vacations are wonderful but it’s always nice to be home. I find I miss my kitchen and cooking more than anything else when I’m away. Welcome home!

kaceyt @ om&nom — June 21, 2011 @ 9:03 am

although my husband is skeptical, the only thing that makes me feel better when i’m sick is ice cream. for real. it’s the greatest medicine ever!

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — June 21, 2011 @ 12:13 pm

Welcome back. One good thing for us about you returning from vacation is that we no longer have to look at pictures of gorgeous sunsets, ice cream cones, and you being all relaxed and hating our work-filled days :) Envy, you are cruel.

Caroline — June 21, 2011 @ 12:30 pm

I can see why you might have ruined your appetite with these cookies–worth it! I woke up with an awful sore throat this morning, so I’m right there with ya. Feel better!!

VeggieGirl — June 21, 2011 @ 2:00 pm

Just found your blog, loving your writing style and your recipes :D

PS- I need some party ideas for a True Blood party (its coming back on HBO on Monday, yay!) Basically a cheesy vampire theme lol ;) I’ve already got red drinks and a raspberry cheesecake planned, but Id appreciate any creative vegetarian ideas you might have :D

d.liff @ yelleBELLYboo — June 21, 2011 @ 2:34 pm

Now I am CRAVING a cookie!!

Ann — June 21, 2011 @ 2:42 pm

Welcome home! Your cookies and the wraps on your precious post look amazing!

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — June 21, 2011 @ 6:38 pm