1. I am officially in sprinkle withdrawal. I have the shakes.

2. A few beverages were consumed last week. Roughly… 12 cases of beer, 4 gallons of Malibu, some sweet tea vodka… not including what we had when we went out to eat. [Which by the way, was a fanfreakingtastic fudge cake martini.] I don’t even want to tell you how many people were on vacation because it’s not that many. Let’s just say it was less than 14.

3. Like I said, just a few beverages.

4. I completely forgot about these. And with the way things are going here, I should completely forget about them.

5. If you’re a long time reader, you know I’ve been a GIANT Sunday night HBO programming freak for over 10 years. I’m convinced that network can do no wrong. Now I’ve decided I’m going to make a big, fun dinner on Sunday nights before True Blood to fuel my obsession. Too bad I don’t have any friends.

6. Have you checked out RecipeBoy? He just might be the coolest 10-year old in the world. And he made a pizza with bacon. If I didn’t have nearly 20 years on him, I’d think he was my soulmate.

7. My brother made an awesome beach playlist, made even awesomer by songs from Neil Diamond and James Taylor and then a bunch of other inappropriate songs that embarrassed all of the adults. Nothing like my kitchen playlist.

8. Yes, awesomer is a word.

9. No, I’m not one of the adults. But I could play one on TV.

10. Filet for dinner tonight with green bean fries and sweet potato fries! What are you having?

73 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Kristina @ spabettie — June 21, 2011 @ 5:12 pm

TWO fries with dinner?! atta girl.

Katie — June 21, 2011 @ 5:15 pm

I want to meet this recipe boy – I’m completely impressed. And I want some sprinkles and cookie dough cinnamon rolls, now. Thank you for that. Happy Tuesday!

Michelle @ KissedBySweets — June 21, 2011 @ 5:19 pm

Seriously each time I see your ice cream cones, I salivate! Sprinkles are my everything!!! Yummm!!

Michelle

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — June 21, 2011 @ 5:20 pm

I love your random posts, they make me realize that thinking about desserts 24/7 is kind of ok:-)

Amy — June 21, 2011 @ 5:20 pm

we’re having chicken and biscuits. not very summery, but it’s been a while and i’m too lazy and sick of everything else we’ve been making. tomorrow night will be better: turkey burgers and grilled veggie packets. i’m excited for tomorrow already!

• Jessica — June 21st, 2011 @ 5:24 pm

That sounds sooooo good.

Danielle A — June 21, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

Funny that you ask….ha ha. I am making your recipe, Creamy Caprese Pasta! :D

Maris(In Good Taste) — June 21, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

Officially craving an ice cream cone with sprinkles!

Danielle A — June 21, 2011 @ 5:22 pm

By the way, I had your Buffalo Chicken Pasta, and it was delicious! I’ll be swinging over to tastykitchen.com sometime to rate it! :D Well done, Mrs. Sweet!

• Jessica — June 21st, 2011 @ 5:24 pm

SO glad you liked it!

Lauren — June 21, 2011 @ 5:22 pm

Your roast chicken is for dinner with broccoli and roasted red potatoes

• Jessica — June 21st, 2011 @ 5:24 pm

Enjoy!

Lori @ RecipeGirl — June 21, 2011 @ 5:26 pm

Ice cream cones with sprinkles are my favorite thing in the whole world. What a sweetie you are for giving RecipeBoy a shout-out. He’ll love ya forever!

shannon — June 21, 2011 @ 5:27 pm

we LOVE true blood!!!! and have you been watching game of thrones??? sooooo good!!!!!

• shannon — June 21st, 2011 @ 5:30 pm

and we’re having spaghetti and garlic bread. because like someone else said. i’m sick of everything else we’ve been having.

Kadye — June 21, 2011 @ 5:31 pm

I need that ice cream cone… right now.

sarah b — June 21, 2011 @ 5:33 pm

I am so pumped for True Blood to start, I seriously cannot wait! All the men are so sexy and Sookie is just awesome!! Only five more sleeps :) I am disappointed that Game of Thrones is over though, it was such a good show!

• shannon — June 21st, 2011 @ 5:53 pm

we love game of thrones too! so good! i don’t wanna wait forever for it to come back either :(

• Sarah B. — June 21st, 2011 @ 7:39 pm

I’ve started reading the book and it is really good. I am surprised at how true to the book the show was!

Keelie (SweatEqualsSuccess) — June 21, 2011 @ 5:50 pm

YASSS SPRINKLES! :) Rainbow tastes best!

dana @ my little celebration — June 21, 2011 @ 5:50 pm

bbq chicken, grilled corn on the cob and baked beans. Yum!

Taylor — June 21, 2011 @ 5:57 pm

The boyfriend isn’t home tonight so I’m thinking oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and milk for dinner….I’m off to bake!

Cookbook Queen — June 21, 2011 @ 6:03 pm

Waaah, I wanna come to your TB par-tay. Less Bill, more Eric this season and I can’t wait!!

• Amanda — June 21st, 2011 @ 9:57 pm

I couldn’t agree more!

Yammie @ Yammie's Noshery — June 21, 2011 @ 6:06 pm

I had fresh-out-of-the-oven-garlic-rosemary-sourdough-bread and a root beer float for dinner.

Is this wrong?

Jil @ Big City, Lil' Kitchen — June 21, 2011 @ 6:09 pm

Sprrriinkles – I want!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — June 21, 2011 @ 6:11 pm

“4 gallons of Malibu, some sweet tea vodka”–omg I would have HAD to crash your party. You are speaking my language.

Hope you’re feeling better from your cold, even if you are in sprinkles withdrawal :)

Chrissy — June 21, 2011 @ 6:17 pm

I am thrilled to hear you got some Neil Diamond on your stereo! He’s my all-time favorite. I think if I absolutely HAD to pick my favorite song of his… it would be Hello Again. If you don’t have that one… you should. Yay for old people music!!!!!

Lauren — June 21, 2011 @ 6:23 pm

It’s our anniversary, so we’re going out to eat at a fancy-pants restaurant. And probably having some ridiculously caloric dessert- yesss!

By the way, I made your red velvet brownies a few days ago and they were AWESOME!

Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy & Healthy — June 21, 2011 @ 6:36 pm

If Pittsburgh were closer to Harrisburg I would gladly join you for Sunday night True Blood feast night. I’d even take turns cooking…or maybe I’d just bring the booze, but either way, it would be good times had by all Jessicas. (PS- I hear theres going to be a lot more Eric this season. YES. PLEASE.)

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — June 21, 2011 @ 6:39 pm

YAY for SPRINKLES!!!

Allyson — June 21, 2011 @ 6:40 pm

You had me at Neil Diamond.

Gen — June 21, 2011 @ 6:44 pm

That ice cream cone looks awesome!!
    We had taco chicken pitas with baked fries!!!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — June 21, 2011 @ 6:57 pm

I am counting down to True Blood too! I just did a post about creating a True Blood party on my site today!

Lovely coconuts — June 21, 2011 @ 7:23 pm

I made up a stir fry with thinly sliced steak, shrimp,
    Broccoli, asparagus and mushrooms. It turned out pretty good; even my boyfriend ate it. Of course he picked out every.single.vegetable. :)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — June 21, 2011 @ 7:28 pm

We are headed to get ice cream in like 10 minutes. I am totally getting rainbow sprinkles now :)

Andrea@Vegvacious — June 21, 2011 @ 7:39 pm

I like the way you vacation girl ;-)

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — June 21, 2011 @ 7:45 pm

Filet with string beans… I just had that on Sunday! It was so good.

Tonight… leftovers from last night’s dinner party. If there’s any left. :?

Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray — June 21, 2011 @ 7:53 pm

Sprinkles don’t get enough street cred. I love them so. Also, I went out and got vanilla soft serve last night because after seeing all your pictures of it I was craaaving some. Just fyi, you’re totally an enabler. :)

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — June 21, 2011 @ 8:28 pm

Great. I’m in my pjs and all I can think about is a strawberry vanilla twist cone covered in sprinkles. I’d just go the way I am but every time I go to my favorite ice cream place, I always see a student or coworker. They really don’t need to see the hot mess I am right now. ;)

We had black bean burgers with corn on the cob and sweet potato fries for dinner!

Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) — June 21, 2011 @ 8:28 pm

I feel like I need that ice cream cone now.. or just a big pile of rainbow sprinkles to dive into. Sprinkles definitely make it offic summer in my book.

Megan — June 21, 2011 @ 8:39 pm

I am coming over for Sunday night dinner. I’ll bring the gin.

Joanna (DrizzleofSunshine) — June 21, 2011 @ 8:47 pm

Mmm! Ice Cream. That’s what I’ll have for dinner tonight! Thanks for the inspiration…ok ok I need something else. I’m going to have to play a round of Chopped in my kitchen tonight. I have a whole bunch of random stuff that I need to use. I’m trying to hold back calling my hubby to just bring home something for dinner. We’ll see how it all goes down.

Mellissa — June 21, 2011 @ 8:50 pm

I’ve had the True Blood premiers on my calendar for 6 months!

Holly — June 21, 2011 @ 9:09 pm

I love you Jess, you always have me cracking up at all of your posts :D

Erin — June 21, 2011 @ 9:18 pm

Your BBQ chicken burgers and baked potatoes…=D

Julie H. — June 21, 2011 @ 9:36 pm

I love me some sprinkles if you can’t tell by my blog name…. Glad vaca was a success!

Amy W — June 21, 2011 @ 9:54 pm

I had whitefish with asparagus and watermelon….

and then because I wanted something fatty I dunked my spoon into the peanut butter jar.

I was watching the next Food Network Star the other night, not sure why because I only like watching PaulaInaGiada, and one of the ladies made a pecan pie with a bacon and graham crust. I want one of those for dinner.

Amanda — June 21, 2011 @ 10:02 pm

I’ll be your friend!!! Now we just have to figure out how to close the distance between Chicago and Pittsburgevery Sunday night. We watch every Sunday night program HBO does. Remember “John From Cinncinatti”? I still have no idea what was going on in that show!

Oh, for dinner we had smoked paprika rubbed pork tenderloin sandwiches with a garlic- sage aoli. Yum!

Courtney — June 21, 2011 @ 10:03 pm

I had a tuna sandwich…. with a brownie haha! Gotta end on a sweet note ;)

Alaina — June 21, 2011 @ 10:09 pm

I’ll come over for a Sunday night dinner party! :-)

Jonessa — June 22, 2011 @ 12:10 am

Sweet tea vodka is awesome when mixed with lemonade…yummy!!!!!

Dinner was store bought rotisserie chicken. I did however make a good pasta fagioli and your brown sugar blueberry cookies. I love they way they made my house smell!!!!! I’ll be posting on my blog about them later this week. You’ll be getting a big shout out!!!

Joy — June 22, 2011 @ 3:03 am

Cutest links ever!

rose — June 22, 2011 @ 4:53 am
    rose — June 22, 2011 @ 6:43 am

And yet again I might be the only one who didn’t know! http://www.seasaltwithfood.com/2011/06/homemade-bacon-jam

• Jessica — June 22nd, 2011 @ 6:52 am

Hahaha yes, I’ve seen this before!

Amelia — June 22, 2011 @ 8:23 am

I so could have used that ice cream cone yesterday. It was a hot, humid, muggy, sticky, and 104 yesterday in Charleston, SC. Could I get any more descriptive?

You could have a virtual skype party? Except it would suck for the rest of us because we couldn’t enjoy any of your scrumptious food!

Jess — June 22, 2011 @ 8:29 am

I wish we lived close to each other! I would totally be your friend and have big dinners and watch True Blood with you. I am obsessed with that show and order HBO every summer just from the months of June to September so I can watch it. And watch it again in re-runs at least three times during the week. none of my friends around here watch it and that makes me sad.

1. Pingback: Breakfast. | How Sweet It Is