Need a last minute recipe for the weekend?

Holiday Breakfasts

S’mores Obsessed

S’mores Pie

No Bake S’mores Bars

S’mores Cake in a Jar

S’mores Brownies

Beer Marshmallow S’mores

What are you making for the 4th?

Remember, calories don’t count on holidays!

58 Responses to “70 Recipes for the 4th of July!”

Julie — July 2, 2011 @ 12:16 am

I’ve made your HoHo cake before! It’s great!

Jenn from Much to My Delight — July 2, 2011 @ 12:24 am

Just served your crazy feta at a dinner party. It was crazy good and crazy popular.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — July 2, 2011 @ 1:18 am

As long as calories don’t count, I have about 72 hours to make all of these recipes this weekend and eat them ASAP! :D

Mallory — July 2, 2011 @ 1:23 am

Having a cook-out for some friends. I’m gonna have the boys grill some chicken, sweet potatoes, and corn on the cob – gotta love the farmers market. And probably some guac & homemade/fresh salsa with flax seed- gluten free tortillas on the side as an app & then whatever my friends bring as a side. Cupcakes of course decorated with jimmies & cinnamon melt muffins for dessert. Best part: amaretto slush – I’m fond of any drink that calls for a whole bottle of anything. Happy 4th, glad I found this blog.

Joy — July 2, 2011 @ 2:15 am

What a beautiful yet still very useful wrap up for the week. This is perfect for your northern neighbours who are celebrating the long weekend with Canada day as well ;)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — July 2, 2011 @ 5:43 am

Your post took the cake as the biggest 4th of July compilation I have seen yet! WOW! Holy linkage-fest and ideas galore.

I hope you have a great weekend. And enjoy your new iphone!

VeggieGirl — July 2, 2011 @ 5:47 am

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for this!!!! Amazing recipes.

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — July 2, 2011 @ 6:33 am

Nothing because I’m going to be visiting Chicago!!! So I get to eat lots of amazing food that other people are making me! ;) But when I get back in to town, I plan on making some banana and toffee cupcakes… does that count? :) Happy 4th of July!

Amy W — July 2, 2011 @ 6:44 am

I’m for sure making your lime cilantro white bean hummus as a trio of dips along with a roasted garlic hummus and babaganoush! :)

lisa — July 2, 2011 @ 7:11 am

OH, thanks for leting me know about the no calorie holiday recipes, I have to get busy cooking now!

Seriously, don’t know what to start with though! Some great ideas here.

Gen — July 2, 2011 @ 7:36 am

All of these recipes look awesome!!! Thanks for sharing them! :D

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — July 2, 2011 @ 8:12 am

I LOVE this! We’re going to a family party, and I’m bringing salsa but I can’t wait to use this roundup to plan something special for dinner tomorrow!. :)

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — July 2, 2011 @ 8:20 am

Happy holiday weekend:-) You just reminded me of about 70 things I want to make!

Cait's Plate — July 2, 2011 @ 8:29 am

LOVED this post! Those s’mores and that cupcake! I want to be eating them right now!

Holly @ The Runny Egg — July 2, 2011 @ 8:43 am

AAH!!!!! Everything sounds so good — and those portabella burgers seriously have me drooling.

Kim in MD — July 2, 2011 @ 8:45 am

Wow…I want to make everything! I know…it’s impossible, but I want to! Have a great holiday weekend, Jessica! :-)

Erin — July 2, 2011 @ 8:46 am

Today I am making fruit kabobs with a flavored fruit dip I will reveal later… then tomorrow I am making two type of popsicles – mixed berry and pineapple/mango/strawberry

Julie H. — July 2, 2011 @ 8:58 am

70?!?!?! Wow, you did a lot of work for us! Thank you!….. Some of your sweet potato home fries and I’m making my buffalo chicken hummus!

Clare — July 2, 2011 @ 9:10 am

And let’s just through in cookie dough dip because America has a ‘c’ in it also.

Laurel — July 2, 2011 @ 9:18 am

Can I come to your house?

Liv @ The Salty n' Sweet — July 2, 2011 @ 9:26 am

Root Beer Floats??? YES!

kristen — July 2, 2011 @ 9:27 am

I already printed off a ton of these!! cant wait to try them!

Terry — July 2, 2011 @ 9:41 am

Big party here so in addition to assorted appetizers, we’re grilling burgers, dogs, kielbassa, and zucchini, as well as serving hot sausage, baked beans, potato salad, glazed carrots, salad with strawberries, cabbage and noodles, kugle, cole slaw, watermelon, apple and blueberry pie (with ice cream of course), your cupcakes with r/w/b sprinkles, gobstoppers, and s’mores. (Typical Pittsburgh menu!) Oh, and the drink of the day is lemonade with sweet tea vodka – happy 4th!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — July 2, 2011 @ 9:53 am

Wow – that’s quite a list! Have a happy 4th :)

Aine @ Something to Chew Over — July 2, 2011 @ 10:37 am

Just an ordinary weekend here in Ireland :(

Thanks for a great roundup of recipes!

Haley — July 2, 2011 @ 10:45 am

I’m making better than sex cake for a cookout tomorrow

Courtney — July 2, 2011 @ 10:54 am

So true! I am going to pick some blueberries this afternoon and make blueberry crunch! Flank steak is on the menu and a peach crumble in my iron skillet :) Who knows what else! Happy 4th!

marla {family fresh cooking} — July 2, 2011 @ 11:05 am

AMAZING July 4th round up!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — July 2, 2011 @ 11:22 am

How to pick which one?
    I’m definitely making the crazy feta at some point :)

Aileen — July 2, 2011 @ 11:47 am

Thanks for posting these links! I’m going to a pre-July 4th party tomorrow and going to try making your melon mojito salsa. It looks so delicious!

Krista {Budget Gourmet Mom} — July 2, 2011 @ 12:58 pm

Well, I think that about covered it! Now, to narrow it down…that could take awhile. I love the root beer float with hot fudge! It sounds so good and I never would have thought to add chocolate. Of course, everything is better with chocolate ;)

Casey — July 2, 2011 @ 2:20 pm

I just want to share a s’mores link. Making s’mores in the car! I think it’s brilliant!

Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) — July 2, 2011 @ 7:55 pm

Oh my gosh, all of these sound so good!

Adrienne @ MIDWESTERN BELLE — July 2, 2011 @ 8:10 pm

Hmmm…Which one to make… I ♥ your s’mores recipes to probably one of those!

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn — July 2, 2011 @ 9:45 pm

Woah. Girl’s got talent!

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — July 2, 2011 @ 10:18 pm

The list is amazing and the pictures are making me drool! So many wonderful things to choose from, Jessica. I’d like to start at the bottom and work my way up ;-)

The Teenage Taste — July 2, 2011 @ 10:56 pm

Ahhh, so many choices! I can’t decide which one to make first! :-P

Heather (Heather's Dish) — July 2, 2011 @ 11:11 pm

i’ll take one of each please. 70 different dishes are totally normal for a girl to eat on the 4th, right?

Yum Yucky — July 2, 2011 @ 11:47 pm

Wait. 70? I’m gonna have to re-boot my brain for the night and come back to read this post with a freshly-rested cranium.

Katie Stieg — July 2, 2011 @ 11:48 pm

I made your strawberry cupcakes that you posted a few days ago to take to my boyfriend’s mom’s today. I changed the icing to a cream cheese icing, but everyone LOVED the cupcakes! Thanks so much for sharing those- they were so festive. :)

Ellie@fitforthesoul — July 3, 2011 @ 12:33 am

Wow golllyyyyyyy!! That’s a lot of crazy recipes Jess!! It’s like, almost a recipe cookbook without the hard cover and all. :P

Jillian S. — July 3, 2011 @ 3:06 am

Totally going to make the blackberry cobler waffles on Monday!

Katrina — July 3, 2011 @ 3:12 am

Holy moley! You did some work. Love this post. I’m a huge fan of round ups!

Cookin' Canuck — July 3, 2011 @ 10:30 am

Now that is a list of recipes! I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Tiffany — July 3, 2011 @ 11:20 am

I was totally thinking about some lighter, natural BBQ and sweet potato salad! This is my first time to your bloggie, and all I can say is “NOMS!” :D

Heather — July 3, 2011 @ 11:59 am

Wow, thanks for all these recipes. Last time I did your “fruit pizza” everybody loved it. I added also few pieces of pineapple and it was delicious.

Angela — July 3, 2011 @ 4:46 pm

I have to leave a comment and say how much I absolutely love your blog – – both the recipes and your writing. You’re a girl after my own heart : ) I also live in the ‘Burgh. Making your mango, strawberry and basil salsa tomorrow, along with crazy feta, to nosh on during the afternoon before the big family get together. Will likely serve mojitos (which I prefer to make with blanco tequila) and light corona (with lime). Hope you have a wonderful 4th! Please keep up the great recipes and writing – – we love it!

Lisa — July 3, 2011 @ 8:45 pm

hahha “calories dont count on holidays”…I love it. so true. (or at least I wish it was…)
    your pics of the food are absolutely amazing! Im sooo jealous. Given I take my pics with a camera phone rather than an actual legit camera…but STILL. your pics rock. they totally make me want to bake/cook everything you post!! :)

Tina — July 3, 2011 @ 10:43 pm

I want to make like, 10 of these for tomorrow. So glad I stumbled upon this…you are a lifesaver!

Samantha — July 3, 2011 @ 11:56 pm

I just saw this (http://www.browniepointsblog.com/2008/01/20/homemade-bacon-vodka/) and was wondering why you havent attempted it yet?! Its like a dream come trueeee

1. Pingback: Happy 4th Of July! | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: Roasted Garlic and Dill White Bean Dip | How Sweet It Is

3. Pingback: Food – Perfect Ice Cream Floats for a Perfect Summer Treat | Everything Cool