Guess what I did this morning? Dragged my mom to Trader Joes!

She was totally overwhelmed and I bought waaay to much stuff. In fact, I bought so much stuff that the employee who rang me up asked if I “left the kids at home for the day.” I was all, “um… what was that?” And she goes, “Your kids? I’m just assuming you have kids because you have so much food here.”

Uhhhhh. No. No kids. Just a garbage disposal of a husband.

Anywho, I got a bunch of the usual: orange chicken, assorted produce, whole wheat cinnamon sugar English muffins, fiberfuls, hummus, cheeeeeeeeese, etc. These are just a few favorites that I snapped with my phone when I got home.

Fun drinks.

Flowers that I will kill since I can’t keep a plant alive to save my own life.

We have dubbed these the BEST blue corn chips around. Seriously. Put them in your face.

This sea salt that we are enamored with.

I eat cheese with mold in the ingredients.

Cherries. Because I ate 3 pounds of them last week. No biggie.

And, um… OH MY GAWWWWSH. These.

You can see an array of the other delicious things here, here, here and here.

Doing anything fun today? Share share!

61 Responses to “A Few Quick TJ Goodies!”

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — July 16, 2011 @ 4:15 pm

The smashing smores? Haven’t seen those! I posted a few times this week about some new-to-me TJ’s items. Including this coconut milk beverage (with and without vanilla) that I know you, loving all things coconut, would adore! They were sampling it at my TJs and they said it’s brand new!

And I have been going to TOWN on these chili & lime spiced mixed nuts. Omg. I polished off a huge bag. Fire breath and all. Loving.Them.

Off to the Parade now!

Lisa @ Dishes of Mrs. Fish — July 16, 2011 @ 4:15 pm

My husband and I had a similar TJs experience last week. :)
    I ran this morning with a good friend while our husbands went out for coffee and then we all went to breakfast where wait for it….my friend’s husband had cheddar bacon pancakes with maple syrup. Then we went to the Farmer’s Market. It was great fun. :)

Cait's Plate — July 16, 2011 @ 4:16 pm

Oh my gosh – those s’mores things are crack!!! They are SO addicting. As are those cherries. I need to get my butt to TJ’s!

Angela — July 16, 2011 @ 4:16 pm

That smoked sea salt is FANTASTIC. And those cherries look so yummy too!

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn — July 16, 2011 @ 4:19 pm

Awwwwyeahhh! I am in LAHVE with their sea salts. And those tortilla chips. They are ACTUALLY the best thing in the world, and I think they made my Avocado Tapenade taste a million times better.

Ann Claire — July 16, 2011 @ 4:22 pm

I need to go to Trader Joes. For realz, why don’t they build one near me? I’m pretty much drooling over everything you posted, so jealous.

Erin — July 16, 2011 @ 4:34 pm

Moldy cheese is pretty much my favorite thing EVER.
    And don’t worry about those flowers, someone else did the dirty work – you’re just providing hospice care. :)

• Audra O. — July 16th, 2011 @ 6:35 pm

I was going to say the same thing about the flowers. :)

Julie H. — July 16, 2011 @ 4:37 pm

Going through a boat load of to-do things…. Boooo! Trader Joe’s is not on the list either. ….It’s okay, I’ll drink a margarita later to make up for it! :)

Krystina (Organically Me) — July 16, 2011 @ 4:41 pm

I’ve wanted to buy those s’more bites FOREVER but refrain because I’ll legit eat the whole thing in one sitting.

Jennifer — July 16, 2011 @ 4:56 pm

Wellll today I am recovering because last night I made your berry mojitos and drank one too many. They were TO.DIE.FOR. Thank you!

Holly @ The Runny Egg — July 16, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

I am eating tons of cherries too — and I’d be eating more if they weren’t so pricey!

Ruby — July 16, 2011 @ 5:26 pm

TJ’s needs to come to Canada!! So much neat stuff!!

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather — July 16, 2011 @ 5:43 pm

TJs is ALWAYS a fun time! I’m going to a beer garden downtown with a new brewery that’s opening up very soon. That’s gunna be a good time :)

April was in CT now CA — July 16, 2011 @ 6:31 pm

*sigh* Adding the S’mores evilness to my TJ’s list. I hate you. (thank you for sharing!!)

Courtney — July 16, 2011 @ 6:38 pm

Smoked Sea Salt? That sounds amazing! We have two cookout/potlucks this weekend so today was a baking and cooking en masse day. But summer time means easy peasy pasta salad and strawberry pretzel squares…WIN!

Jen — July 16, 2011 @ 7:00 pm

I just came back from TJ’s…literally two seconds ago. I can’t wait to try the dark chocolate edamame I bought! Must go do that…right now.

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — July 16, 2011 @ 7:21 pm

Ah, the Trader Joe’s trip! What the heck are those Smashin’ S’mores? I think I would eat that whole thing myself.

Emily @ Comfortable Home Life — July 16, 2011 @ 7:46 pm

Smashing Smores? I NEED those! I go through supermarket phases, where I only shop at Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, or Publix for the week. This week was WF, but it looks like next week might have to be TJ’s!

Those flowers are beautiful! Wish I had gotten some for my table.

Anne @ Baking Me — July 16, 2011 @ 7:59 pm

Looks like good stuff and those s’mores sound fantastic! I wish we had a Trader Joe’s in Utah.

cpwalk2 — July 16, 2011 @ 8:09 pm

Smashing s’mores?! I need these in my life. And I totally chuckled as I read the mold comment. Mold is tasty, and good for you. Maybe.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — July 16, 2011 @ 9:31 pm

I have nothing against eating 3 pounds of cherries in one week. I kind of like that.

Today I had a blogger meet up.

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — July 16, 2011 @ 10:08 pm

I’ve never seen “mold” actually listed as an ingredient! I love me some moldy blue cheese, but seeing it in the ingredient list is kinda gross. Or cool? not sure.

The Teenage Taste — July 16, 2011 @ 10:48 pm

TJ’s is the bomb! I, too, got my Mom addicted. She loves the frozen mini tacos and the garlic hummus.

Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) — July 16, 2011 @ 10:49 pm

Haha that is hilarious about the kids comments.. and you’re going to love the cherries- I just bought some from my TJ’s and they’re so yummy!

Emily F. — July 16, 2011 @ 11:58 pm

I’ve travelled the four hours to TJ’s for the first time last month! I was visiting a friend, and I was so eager to go! I actually just made another visit (with the secret motive to go to TJ’s again… :) ). I found the smashing s’mores this time! They are so good! I’ve TRIED SO HARD TO RATION them. SO good, especially if you pop them in microwave for a few seconds, like the package recommends.

Jenn — July 17, 2011 @ 12:18 am

Those s’mores things are my FAVORITE!! By the way, I am totally convinced that we’d make fabulous best friends- WE LOVE ALL THE SAME THINGS! :)

Bonnie — July 17, 2011 @ 8:25 am

I have to tell you – I stumbled on your blog one day and I am hooked. I love your recipes, but mostly, you completely crack me up. There are days that I don’t have time to look at any food blogs, but I ALWAYS read the e-mail I get from yours purely for the chuckles. So THANKS!
    P.S. TJ’s is awesome. Hubby and I used to live in Ann Arbor, MI and we frequented it often. Now we live in Grand Rapids and much to my dismay, there isn’t one here. :( Enjoy some ‘2 Buck Chuck’ for me!

Kim in MD — July 17, 2011 @ 8:35 am

I LOVE it when you post your TJ’s treasures! You always buy something I have managed to overlook somehow. That is so funny what the check-out clerk said to you! :-)

Jessica- PW is having a phone photo contest. You should seriously submit that photo of the cherries…it is gorgeous!

A Tablespoon of Liz — July 17, 2011 @ 9:31 am

I love TJs! We eat a lot of blue corn chips at my house, but I’ve never seen Trader Joes kind… I’ll have to keep my eye out for them!

Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique — July 17, 2011 @ 9:49 am

These smashing smores look awesome! I have never seen those before. I will have to check them out on my Trader Joe’s visit today! Yum! :)

Kayla Seely — July 17, 2011 @ 10:20 am

I so wish I had a Trader Joe’s in my area! It looks like so much fun. The flowers are beautiful and the smore’s things look amazing! I have no idea what I am going to do today. I hope to walk my dog Zoey but it might be too warm to take her out. So in that case, I might just chill out all day.

Susan — July 17, 2011 @ 10:56 am

Have you ever tried the Trader joe’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups? They are soooo good! They come in (what looks like) the same kind of container as those S’mashing S’mores (which I have to try now!!!!). THose peanut butter cups are a thousand times better than Reese’s. Once you try them you’ll understand.

vann — July 17, 2011 @ 11:07 am

Trader Joe’s just opened in KC on Friday! I braved the crowd and went Friday and then again this morning. We had the orange chicken friday night and seriously- it’s the best thing ever. I almost picked up those smores but decided NEXT time, since I already have chocolate bananas in my freezer along with mini mouthful mint ice cream sandwiches, mini ice cream cones, powerberries, tahitian vanilla caramels and 100 cal choc bars. whoops. i swear I bought real food too :)

Jaan — July 17, 2011 @ 11:19 am

Okay, what is a “Trader Joe’s”? LOL Seriously, a new store? I live halfway around the world fm you…and there weren’t no Traders Joes to my knowledge back when I lived in the states. Fm the photos and notes, it does sound like a place I must visit when I get back home for a holiday. Maybe you would like to go with, since you’ll probably need to restock for your husband, again. I know how it feels to seem to spend to much, but nothing lasts for more than a day or two. Thanks, for the photos, makes me hungry…..guess I better get cookin’ since I don’t know abt Trader Joe’s.

Kristen — July 17, 2011 @ 11:39 am

I always have to stock up on Smashing S’Mores for my husband. He goes through them like nothing. So tasty!!!

Ashley — July 17, 2011 @ 12:30 pm

Smoked sea salt!!!! Oh yes.

Ann — July 17, 2011 @ 12:43 pm

Looks like a fun Trader Joes trip!!!

wendy — July 17, 2011 @ 1:12 pm

Have you tried the smores ice cream sandwiches? Ah-maze-ing!!

Amy Persechini — July 17, 2011 @ 1:31 pm

Hi! I live in Overland Park, Kansas and just this past Firday, July 15th, TWO Trader Joe’s stores opened. One on the Missouri side that sells the beer and wine and one on the Kansas side that doesn’t. I live about four miles from each location. I am familiar with the store from my many years of shopping in the Tucson stores when I go there for regular visits. I am from Tucson. Anyway, I re-posted your blog entry from today on my Facebook page as it will be very helpful to all the local friends who are new to Trader Joe’s. I wonder, does Trader Joe’s pay you for your advertising? They ought to! I did venture into one of the stores yesterday but it was too crowded for it to be an enjoyable experience. I’ll be in Tucson next week and will get my fix there and hopefully when I come back the shopping experience here will be bettter!

• Jessica — July 17th, 2011 @ 1:37 pm

Hahahahhah OH MY GOSH no they don’t pay me!! I just post about it because I’m so obsessed. How sweet would that be though?? Thanks for reposting! :)

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — July 17, 2011 @ 4:01 pm

I really need to hit up TJ’s one of these days…your hauls from there always look so delicious!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — July 17, 2011 @ 5:05 pm

I want the S’mores for sure!!! I just love Trader Joe’s!

Anne — July 17, 2011 @ 6:23 pm

you should try tj’s s’more’s ice cream sandwiches. aMAZing.

43 — July 17, 2011 @ 7:19 pm

Count me in as a fellow I-love-Trader-Joe’s member! Check out my TJ posting for a fabulously delicious and easy side dish:

Ashley — July 17, 2011 @ 9:08 pm

The TJ’s in Charleston opens up in two weeks and I couldn’t be more excited!! Love me some TJ’s!

Kim S. — July 17, 2011 @ 10:07 pm

Can we please have a moment of silence for those of us who, living in the sticks, lust over the delicious food options available to people who live in the real world. *Ohmmmm* Thanks. :)

Janel — July 18, 2011 @ 9:14 am

That smoked sea salt is my new favorite thing! It tastes a-ma-zing on stove-top popcorn. Or on anything.

Skinny Fat Kid — July 18, 2011 @ 9:58 am

I really have to get to TJ’s more often!

Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) — July 18, 2011 @ 10:51 am

I’ve been eyeing those smores for a while…

Carissa — July 18, 2011 @ 12:00 pm

Oooo I love TJ’s blue chips. And I want those s’more cookies. Best combo, EVER! Now, if only I could put that cookie on a stick and heat it over a fire…

Holly — July 18, 2011 @ 12:18 pm

I am missing SO much without a TJ’s close to me. What the heck?! I might just have to move so that I can be closer to a TJ’s, that’s totally acceptable right?! I’m sure the hubby would go for it ;)

• Jessica — July 18th, 2011 @ 1:14 pm

I seriously don’t think I’d ever move somewhere where there wasn’t one. I’m pathetic!

1. Pingback: Homemade Smashing S'mores | How Sweet It Is