I’m pretty sure you worked super hard this week.

Fresh Strawberry Margaritas I howsweeteats.com

You deserve me.

Fresh Strawberry Margaritas I howsweeteats.com

I’m cold and icy and refreshing and filled with tequila. It’s probably like… 160 degrees where you live right? See… now you really need me.

Fresh Strawberry Margaritas I howsweeteats.com

I’m nothing like those sugary sweet fake-tasting strawberry margaritas. I’m just a classic margarita with some fresh strawberry simple syrup… I have the slightest hint of fruity flavor. I think I’m pretty perfect.

Fresh Strawberry Margaritas I howsweeteats.com

My rim is also covered in sugar and salt. That sounds dirty… but I only speak the truth. I’m salty and sweet and best served on the rocks… or as you like to call them – ice cubes. I also have lime wedge rafts and fresh strawberry buoys in case you want to float around.

Fresh Strawberry Margaritas I howsweeteats.com

Fresh Strawberry Margaritas

recipe for one margarita, can easily be multiplied

2 ounces Grand Marnier

1 1/2 ounces Tequila

2 ounces lime juice

2 1/2 ounces strawberry simple syrup [recipe below]

lime + fresh strawberries for garnish

salt + sugar for the rim

Rim the ridge of your glass with a lime wedge and dip in a mix of margarita salt + sugar [I used about 3 tablespoons salt to 2 teaspoons sugar]. Fill the glass with ice. In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, grand marnier, simple syrup and lime juice with ice, and shake for about 30 seconds. Pour over ice and squeeze in lime slices and add a few strawberries.

For strawberry simple syrup: combine equal parts sugar and water, bring to a boil and let sugar dissolve, then turn off heat and let cool completely. Combine 1 cup simply syrup + 1 1/2 cups slices strawberries in a blender and blend until combined. I don’t mind strawberry seeds, but if you’d like you can strain the mixture over a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds.

This recipe can be easily doubled, quadrupled, etc. Since everyone’s tastes differ, add simple syrup 1/4 cup at a time and go from taste. I also suggest buying the lime juice if you plan on making a pitcher (or 2) considering you’d have to squeeze a billion limes to get enough juice.

Fresh Strawberry Margaritas I howsweeteats.com

I promise if you make me today I will help you have a grrrreat night. I’m just not responsible for tomorrow morning.

152 Responses to “Fresh Strawberry Margaritas.”

Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories — July 23, 2011 @ 8:00 am

Haha strawberry margaritas were my very first virgin drink. Yep, I said virgin. We were on our 8th grade trip, and the chaperones let us get virgin strawberry margaritas while they got the real thing. We thought we were so cool.

meagan — July 23, 2011 @ 8:00 am

It may be 8:00 am but I would so love one of these right now….looks great!

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance — July 23, 2011 @ 8:00 am

Oo! Margaritassss :D

Prepare to receive some drunk comments from me… (I’m assuming thats the extent of embarrassing yourself while intoxicated on the blog world)

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — July 23, 2011 @ 8:01 am

Love! These sound amazing and your photos are especially gorgeous.

Pure2raw twins — July 23, 2011 @ 8:21 am

This sounds amazing! I love margaritas!! I have made my own before, but just plain, I must try this

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — July 23, 2011 @ 8:37 am

the strawberry simple syrup sounds amazing!

“recipe for one margarita, can easily be multiplied”– love it.

And 1.5 oz of tequilla and 2 oz of grandma. Dang. Now THAT’S a drink, alrighty! :)

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — July 23, 2011 @ 8:42 am

It’s 5 o’clock somewhere, right?! ;)

Tara @ The Butter Dish — July 23, 2011 @ 8:51 am

It is wasn’t so darn hot Jess, these are almost too pretty to drink. ☺

Almost…. I’ll bring the munchies if you make the margaritas? — I’ll include bacon. :o)

• Jessica — July 23rd, 2011 @ 8:55 am

I’m in! :)

marla {family fresh cooking} — July 23, 2011 @ 8:57 am

Such a fun summer drink!

Kim in MD — July 23, 2011 @ 8:57 am

Can you ever remember it being this hot before? Yuck! This margarita put a smile on my face, though! I am going to make a few of these for my husband and I tonight! Thanks for sharing, Jessica! :-)

Aine @ Something to Chew Over — July 23, 2011 @ 9:09 am

I love strawberry drinks, this looks delicious! It’s pretty cold here in Ireland but I’m still craving this :)

Amanda — July 23, 2011 @ 9:11 am

Let me just say…I’m pregnant. Still. For 2 more months. Margaritas are my favorite and I can almost taste tequila through your beautiful pictures. I might have to start ignoring your amazing website so I don’t feel tempted to make one just to have a taste. Hmm. Just a sip! Alas….I’ll stick to all the smores recipes to get me through till the end! :)

Lisa | Life in Green — July 23, 2011 @ 9:46 am

Ha. Love it!

Erica — July 23, 2011 @ 9:50 am

Love that you served it up in a mason jar! Pretty and tasty. Stay cool this weekend

Katrina — July 23, 2011 @ 9:59 am

This is literally all I want! Yum!

Sommer J — July 23, 2011 @ 9:59 am

Lovely!! I can smell the sweet strawberry syrup! Will pass on to friends in need! I need this the most :)

Sommer J — July 23, 2011 @ 10:02 am

My daughter saw the photo, now she wants some:) now I have to make this soon! Virgin of course! :)

Emily — July 23, 2011 @ 10:02 am

Yep this would be the perfect drink on this EXTREMELY HOT summer day. I made margarita cupcakes with dinner last night. You ought to try those sometime!

Emily http://www.mywordsinterestslife.blogspot.com

Jo (livingmintgreen) — July 23, 2011 @ 10:02 am

YES!! I’m making these today. Thanks for sharing! : )

Lyndsey — July 23, 2011 @ 10:06 am

Do you use gold or silver tequila?

• Jessica — July 23rd, 2011 @ 12:00 pm

It depends on what I have on hand (I love both, huge tequila fan) and I have made the base recipe with both before. But this specific one is made with silver!

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — July 23, 2011 @ 10:11 am

Oooh, yummy! These look so tasty and refreshing! I could use one right now.

Julie H. — July 23, 2011 @ 10:16 am

Is it a bad thing that I want a drink at 9:17 AM…. Uh-oh! …Oh well, it looks too good to resist!
    Better go wash out the blender, I like mine frozen on hot-hot-hot days like this!

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food — July 23, 2011 @ 10:34 am

I’m coming over tonight so we can have some of these! :-D

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — July 23, 2011 @ 10:35 am

It’s 10:30am and I would like a drink now. Thank you :)

Amanda — July 23, 2011 @ 11:36 am

It’s 8:30am and it’s totally okay for me to be drooling over this right? Breakfast margarita, chips and guacamole? I can deal with that.

Amanda — July 23, 2011 @ 11:40 am

Jessica,

I think you are my best friend. Margaritas cure everything right? Especially fruity homemade ones. I can’t wait to try this strawberry margarita! Ps you NEED to make Watermelon Margaritas. They are AMAZING! You won’t be disappointed. Promise!

Thanks for making me once again totally want to invite you over for breakfast filled with bacon and margaritas.

-Amanda

• Jessica — July 23rd, 2011 @ 12:00 pm

Ahhh! I was going back and forth between strawberry and watermelon all day yesterday! Maybe today I will make watermelon?? ;)

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — July 23, 2011 @ 12:07 pm

I could definitely use a couple of strawberry buoys. Love the presentation, too!

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) — July 23, 2011 @ 12:12 pm

Could you please be my personal bartender for parties and gatherings? These looks SO refreshing and beautiful.

Jess — July 23, 2011 @ 12:14 pm

Perfect for National Tequila Day tomorrow!! Looks delicious!

Brooke — July 23, 2011 @ 12:46 pm

So I really want to make those, I just can’t imagine making them NOT in those cute mason jars. Where can you buy them? Am I the only person on earth that doesn’t know this?

Meg — July 23, 2011 @ 1:03 pm

OMG you’re right I did work way too hard this week. And ended my day with Pomagranite Mango margaritas on the rocks. Yum.

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews — July 23, 2011 @ 1:52 pm

Yep, I need to make these tonight!

Hilliary @ Happily Ever Healthy — July 23, 2011 @ 2:00 pm

Yum! I could def. go for one of these right now!

Joanna @ Southern Daisy — July 23, 2011 @ 2:03 pm

Yum!!! That looks so good right now. It is SO hot outside and with the humidity, it’s almost unbearable! I could definitely go for one of these right now. And your photography is just beautiful! So glad I stumbled across your blog!

~Joanna
    Southerndaisy.com
    Puresmoker.com

Kristina @ My Life as a Mrs — July 23, 2011 @ 2:28 pm

yes please! :) Margaritas are SO my drink of choice… these look delish! Love the mason jar idea for serving!!

Lindsay — July 23, 2011 @ 3:00 pm

I love strawberry margaritas!! I’ll be making one asap :)

Honey @ Honey, What's Cooking — July 23, 2011 @ 5:02 pm

Girl, these look amazing! Great job. I love your story telling. Also, I may be baking your Red Velvet Brownies! WIll let you know. Also, Jessica… I have linked you to my blog as one of my favorite blogs.. keep up the great work!

Adrienne @ Midwestern Belle — July 23, 2011 @ 5:12 pm

Love the Mason jars! Definitely just added these to Pinterest – can’t wait to try them.

Audra O. — July 23, 2011 @ 5:58 pm

It IS 160 degrees here. How did you know? ;)

*Andrea* — July 23, 2011 @ 6:41 pm

definitely worked hard this week, how’d you know :D

this looks soooooo delicious!!! love the salty and sweet rim too

Pretty. Good. Food. — July 23, 2011 @ 8:37 pm

Wow, so refreshing! Making one asap :)

Alexa — July 23, 2011 @ 8:54 pm

Sounds like the perfect drink for National Tequila Day!! (aka tomorrow!)

Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel — July 23, 2011 @ 9:05 pm

this is artwork- it would be hard to drink just one…and then a couple hours later id be lumped over the side of the couch :) :)

xoxo

alison @ Ingredients, INc. — July 23, 2011 @ 9:36 pm

fabulous! I just tweeted this for you! My mouth is watering!

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — July 23, 2011 @ 9:47 pm

Yum yum yum I am having a Blue Moon right now and pretending it’s a Margarita…it’s not working.

Tamry — July 23, 2011 @ 10:23 pm

So, I’m basically OBSESSED with your entire blog. I’ve been cooking nonstop for weeks now and I just can’t get over how delicious everything is. These drinks are no exception. How have I lived this long without knowing these recipes?!?! Thanks!!

jenna k — July 23, 2011 @ 10:46 pm

long-time lurker, first comment. :)
    my best friends and i have already planned a homemade chipotle night- complete with chips and homemade salsa- for when they move back into our college town for the school year. though i don’t like regular margs, i DIE for strawberry margs, so these are definitely going on the menu! how. perfect. !

CouponClippingCook — July 23, 2011 @ 11:07 pm

Loved that the rim of the glass has sugar and salt together. Great post!

Joy — July 24, 2011 @ 5:24 am

Heheh love the narrative before hand. Some kind of cooking foreplay lol.

Becki@beckiswholelife — July 24, 2011 @ 8:01 am

These look like you could drink them like kool aid. Which could be a big problem! Yum…love the fresh fruit cocktails on here. Thanks Jessica!

1 2 3

1. Pingback: Peanut Butter Ice Cream « Will Run 4 Dinner

2. Pingback: Midweek Lovely Links | Peonies&Cupcakes

3. Pingback: Fresh Fruit Enchiladas | How Sweet It Is

4. Pingback: Recent Addictions + Pea Protein Review!

5. Pingback: where art thou? | panama & pine

6. Pingback: Strawberry Margaritas « Rachel's Recipes

7. Pingback: A Summertime List! « Midwestern Belle

8. Pingback: Labor Day Cook-out Ideas | Hoosier Homemade

9. Pingback: Coral and Green Weddings | The Destination Wedding Blog - Jet Fete by Bridal Bar

10. Pingback: Valentine’s Day Strawberry Margs (In Mason Jars!) « Midwestern Belle

11. Pingback: 12 Margarita Recipes for National Margarita Day - cook this now

12. Pingback: Stolen Strawberry Margaritas « tradish

13. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Margaritas, plus heavy sarcasm «

14. Pingback: Cocktails in a Jar {heart} | the-Rabbit-and-the-Robin

15. Pingback: Tide and Thyme » Strawberry Margaritas

16. Pingback: 4/14 menu of yumminess « My Yummy Local Life

17. Pingback: Womply Blog

18. Pingback: How to Make Strawberry Simple Syrup

19. Pingback: “Fresh” Strawberry Margaritas, Carne Asada, and a frittata « smalltownhealthyliving

20. Pingback: fresh strawberry jargaritas « ciao mama

21. Pingback: Strawberry margarita cupcake «

22. Pingback: Finally Friday « A Tasty Life

23. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Coconut Margaritas | How Sweet It Is

24. Pingback: Tasty Tuesday: Strawberry Margarita | CANDICE NELSON

25. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Margarita | Well Cooked

26. Pingback: A Fiesta With Your Local Box!| Greenling Austin | San Antonio

27. Pingback: Fresh Life Guacamole + Fiesta | freshlifefindings

28. Pingback: STRAWBERRY BASIL MARGARITAS | Best Friends For Frosting

29. Pingback: 8 Margarita Recipes to Try…Yum!

30. Pingback: Football Food! [135 Recipes For Football Season.] | How Sweet It Is

31. Pingback: Blueberry Lime Salsa | How Sweet It Is

32. Pingback: some wednesday link lovin’ | lululemon greensboro

33. Pingback: 12 Cinco De Mayo Margarita Recipes - Posh in Progress

34. Pingback: Mexican Party | new-ist

35. Pingback: Lick My Spoon | High Five Fridays: Taco Tuesday (Every Day)

36. Pingback: on a wednesday stream of consciousness. | How Sweet It Is

37. Pingback: Celebrating Fourth of July with Tostitos. | girl meets life.

38. Pingback: 4 MARGARITAS FOR THE WEEKEND | A Sensible Habit