Courtesy of Instagram. I may never pick up my DSLR again.

Uh… that second to last picture? My husband’s lunch. Double burger with a side of protein bar. This is my life.

59 Responses to “Friday + Saturday.”

kita — July 10, 2011 @ 9:59 am

omg the puppy!! How fluffy and cute can one thing possibly be!

Marisa — July 10, 2011 @ 10:01 am

Your photos make me want to get an iphone…just so I can have Instagram. I just cannot yet bring myself to get a smart phone.

• Lisa @ Sunny Seed Stories — July 10th, 2011 @ 10:24 am

Marisa, it’s worth it! I held out for years, and finally got one a few months ago. It’s so helpful to have–and fun too, obviously. The iPhone camera is surprisingly amazing!

• Bev Weidner — July 10th, 2011 @ 2:16 pm

ME. EITHER.

I have a nerdy phone and I’m perfectly content, until I see cutesy Instagram photos and I want to slit my wrists.

Totally kidding about the wrist thing. No, I swear it was a joke.

…I think.

• Christy — July 10th, 2011 @ 6:38 pm

I feel exactly the same way. And of course the iPhone isn’t available on my carrier. Why can’t I have this on my Blackberry?!

Caitlin — July 10, 2011 @ 10:08 am

Between Pinterest and instagram, your iPhone is getting a run for its money!!

Cara — July 10, 2011 @ 10:08 am

Such a cute puppy!!!!!
    You pictures are great! Now I have got to get Instagram on my iphone!!!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — July 10, 2011 @ 10:13 am

ok I want that doggie NOW!!!! dont you love instagram?! whats your name im gonna follow! :)

• Jessica — July 10th, 2011 @ 10:27 am

howsweeteats!

Jaime — July 10, 2011 @ 10:15 am

LOL re: the husband’s lunch.

Love this post! Love the puppy :-)

Holly @ The Runny Egg — July 10, 2011 @ 10:16 am

I want your husband’s lunch — but swap that protein bar for a Snickers and we’ll be good :)

• Dominique — July 10th, 2011 @ 9:19 pm

I totally thought the protein bar WAS a chocolate bar. Hahaha.

megabrooke — July 10, 2011 @ 10:16 am

oh my goodness, that puppy! i die.
    also read about lauren and kyle. so sad.
    (ps, not sure if i have your email address correct or not, but i sent you a little something friday!)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — July 10, 2011 @ 10:33 am

After seeing these, maybe I’ll actually start using the instagram app i downloaded last week.

Erica — July 10, 2011 @ 10:36 am

Did you dye your hair? I love. The ring is gorgeous & the puppy so cute! Your husband and my husband would SO get along. There are days where I wonder how I can keep up with the protein desire ;) Happy Sunday

• Jessica — July 10th, 2011 @ 10:58 am

That’s actually my real hair color! Just got rid of the blond highlights a few months ago. Thanks girl!

Jen — July 10, 2011 @ 10:36 am

Double burger with a side of protein bar…sounds like my fiance.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — July 10, 2011 @ 10:36 am

I love your images and *just* hopped on the IG bandwagon this past week! Am following you here from Mexico City and seeing your great shots. And I love my DSLR but between really embracing my iphone and IG (all just this past week after having my iphone for 4-5 mos) I feel like the iphone/IG is such an awesome tool, too!

And I dig that ring! :)

Brittany — July 10, 2011 @ 10:42 am

I can totally relate as getting an iPhone is one of the best things that happened to me this year! I love that puppy!

Sommer J — July 10, 2011 @ 10:44 am

Instagram is soooo much fun! Your photos are quite amazing!

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — July 10, 2011 @ 10:46 am

These photos are great! Who knew that a PHONE could take such fantastic pictures? But it’s not just the phone, Jessica, you are quite talented.

Julie H. — July 10, 2011 @ 10:49 am

Your life looks good! ….It is the little things! &your little things look great!

Krystina (Organically Me) — July 10, 2011 @ 10:53 am

I am so in love with that little fluffball. SO cute.

Also, I’ve said it before, but I love men. Protein with a side of protein. Sigh.

Hayley @ Hayley Daily — July 10, 2011 @ 10:54 am

Lovely photos. :) I’m still absolutely in love with the pup. And so nice to (kind of) see more of you! :)

Erin — July 10, 2011 @ 11:03 am

I just tried to convince my husband that we need another dog by showing him your pictures. Unfortunately, he has a heart of stone. :(

Have you tried Hipstomatic?

Allison @ Novice Life — July 10, 2011 @ 11:32 am

Love the ring and love the butter pic!!

Dana — July 10, 2011 @ 11:45 am

The turquoise ring!?!?! Where? When? How much? I must have something like that in my life!

Aine @ Something to Chew Over — July 10, 2011 @ 11:58 am

Awww the puppy! Great pics :)

Misty — July 10, 2011 @ 12:01 pm

I know what you mean about Instagram. I have been having fun with it too! Loved the photo of the flag!

Haley — July 10, 2011 @ 12:17 pm

For breakfast my boyfriend had a protein shake with a million random things thrown in as well as a big helping of pasta with chorizo sausage, 4 eggs and cheese on top Oh and he had a side of two slices of toast… I’m jealous of men

Mindy — July 10, 2011 @ 12:20 pm

Love all of your Instagram pics – so much fun! I just finally caved and got an iphone (totally infatuated with it now after months of debate). Would love to know – which of the filters on Instagram are your go to favs?

Seriously craving pizza now since I saw your pic (guess I always crave pizza though!).

Katie — July 10, 2011 @ 12:23 pm

Haha, Mr. How Sweet cracks me up. Mostly because he’s so much like Meeker. Happy Weekend!

Cynthia (It All Changes) — July 10, 2011 @ 1:02 pm

Thank you for such wonderful pictures and a reminder I don’t need a fancy pants camera to get fun and beautiful pictures.

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance — July 10, 2011 @ 1:13 pm

Only men can get away with a lunch like that… lol -__-

Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) — July 10, 2011 @ 1:17 pm

Seems like the perfect weekend!

Jessica (also) — July 10, 2011 @ 1:22 pm

As I scrolled down, I definitely said “HUH?!” when seeing Mr. Sweet’s lunch.

Michelle — July 10, 2011 @ 1:28 pm

PUPPY! I thought Mr. How Sweet’s lunch was a burger and a Twix bar.

Kristen @ Change of Pace — July 10, 2011 @ 1:41 pm

You must understand my life then with my husband haha. We’d have lots to talk about :)

Ashley — July 10, 2011 @ 1:45 pm

instagram is the greatest app!

Cait @ Cait hates Cake — July 10, 2011 @ 2:07 pm

That puppy. Keep taking pictures of him. Oh my adorable. And your husband’s meal? Yeah, I can relate. Men.

Bev Weidner — July 10, 2011 @ 2:17 pm

WHY CAN’T NERDY PHONES HAVE INSTAGRAM?

I swear I’m okay.

Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique — July 10, 2011 @ 2:27 pm

That puppy is so precious, I can’t even stand it! :)

Julie — July 10, 2011 @ 2:31 pm

Instagram is so cool! It’s just too bad that I don’t have an Iphone and I don’t see one in the near future…
    Love the second to last picture, too. Haha! My husband is the opposite. He can go weeks without eating meat. He is content with just a salad for dinner, or whatever else I stick in front of him. I’m a pretty lucky lady!

Ann Claire — July 10, 2011 @ 3:42 pm

These pictures are so awesome, I now want an iphone even more!

jessica — July 10, 2011 @ 4:55 pm

wonderful pictures… you should get the hipstamatic app, so many fun ways to transform your camera and photos :)

Joie — July 10, 2011 @ 5:33 pm

Sprinkles and puppies!!! This is the best post ever. <3

Allison — July 10, 2011 @ 8:39 pm

Instagram is so fun! I wish I had an iPhone because the pictures always look so artsy. That dog is beyoooond adorable, by the way :)

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food — July 10, 2011 @ 8:49 pm

Beautiful. :-D

adrienne @ midwestern belle — July 10, 2011 @ 9:08 pm

I was just about to ask..is that a candy bar?? Hehe love that he eats a protein bar with a burger!

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — July 10, 2011 @ 9:09 pm

Your husband’s lunch rocks! lol I love instagram…and following you on it!

Molly — July 10, 2011 @ 10:03 pm

I LOVE your puppy! Too cute!

I love Instagram…probably my favorite iPhone app.

Is that Vincent’s Pizza Park pizza?

• Jessica — July 10th, 2011 @ 10:26 pm

Yes! Hahah can’t believe you knew that. For over 15 years we’ve called it “pizza for pigs.”

• Molly — July 11th, 2011 @ 7:04 am

We moved to the area almost 4 years ago and Vincent’s was one of the first places we discovered and it quickly became one of our favorites! I could tell that it was from ere by the over abundance of grease! LoL!

Christa — July 11, 2011 @ 8:41 am

1: I. Want. That. Ring.
    2: Hand over the puppy and no one gets hurt.
    3. You bought all that butter for the coupons, right???

Danielle — July 11, 2011 @ 6:53 pm

love the pics!

Grandpa M — July 23, 2011 @ 2:46 pm

jess, your pics are great

Carrie K — August 4, 2011 @ 9:32 pm

the nail polish…what color? im obsessed with essie polish now and must buy it…

Cassaundra Askey — July 1, 2013 @ 11:18 pm

Protein bars are targeted to people who primarily want a source of protein that doesn’t need preparation. There are different kinds of food bars to fill different purposes. Energy bars provide the majority of their food energy (calories) in carbohydrate form. Meal replacement bars are intended to replace the variety of nutrients in a meal. Protein bars are usually lower in carbs than energy bars, lower in vitamins and dietary minerals than meal replacement bars, and significantly higher in protein than either.””:..

Our own web-site