What on Earth should I do with this?

The lovely Caroline from Chocolate and Carrots sent me this and I just.love.her.

I think she knows me well.

Thanks so much Caroline!

Now back to this.

Happy Friday!

Ummm and seriously… what should I do with that syrup? You guys are brilliant. I know you’ll come up with something.

91 Responses to “I Seriously Need Help Here.”

Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness — July 15, 2011 @ 10:41 pm

I was just on the torani website… oh. my. god. cupcake batter, salted caramel, cinnamon brown sugar, toasted marshmallow, chocolate chip cookie dough, tiramisu… are they trying to take over the world? i think they just might.

DessertForTwo — July 16, 2011 @ 12:59 am

I’m going to think long and hard about this. I know I can think of a delicious dessert with bacon syrup in it. Have you tasted it yet? Is it super duper sweet?

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — July 16, 2011 @ 1:47 am

I would make a bacony maple syrup for a large stack of pancakes.

I would also make a bacon mocha, because, why the heck not!!?

Erika — July 16, 2011 @ 3:16 am

I think you should make some cupcakes and infuse them with the bacon syrup!

Sasha @ The Procrastobaker — July 16, 2011 @ 7:07 am

oh my goodness! this is extraordinary, the options are endless but in a way theres just TOO much you could do! i wonder what kind of smoothie you could make using it..maybe that would taste a little funky im not sure, but its definitely just perfect for brownie enhancing yumminess :)

Pam — July 16, 2011 @ 8:21 am

Make cake pancakes with a vanilla bacon glaze…and sprinkles!

Amanda — July 16, 2011 @ 8:47 am

You have to try it with coffee first… I gotta know what its like! :)

Cait's Plate — July 16, 2011 @ 9:30 am

Haha oh my gosh – WHAT! That. Is. AWESOME.

kaceyt @ om&nom — July 16, 2011 @ 9:39 am

i just saw a little clip on foodnetwork last week about a place that makes bacon milkshakes…not sure how good that sounds, but it would be fun to try!

Kathryn — July 16, 2011 @ 11:01 am

I’d add it to some chocolate drizzle for cupcakes. YUM!

Nancy — July 16, 2011 @ 11:04 am

Oh my. I know you are all bacon lovers, as am I. But I just have to be out there on the limb and say “YUK”!

Lisa | Life in Green — July 16, 2011 @ 11:56 am

I’d say a BLT cocktail! Hahaha.

I’m sure pairing it with something chocolate would work well. Can’t wait to see what you come up with :)

Jess — July 16, 2011 @ 11:57 am

mix it in frosting and put it on chocolate cupcakes?

or infuse it in some bread something or other and make it a sandwich type thing with eggs?

i’d be interested to see if you could use it in a cocktail though!

jamie — July 16, 2011 @ 11:57 am

We have an awesome coffee shop here in Seattle that makes “maple bacon lattes”. get them with soy and add an extra shot and it’s downright perfect. i bet this is similar to the syrup they use.

teresa — July 16, 2011 @ 12:50 pm

I have NO idea what to do with the BACON syrup!
    I just know YOU’RE CUTE and fabulous!
    That’s all~
    xo

Ann — July 16, 2011 @ 12:54 pm

Everyone made so many amazing suggestions – anything I add would be moot….but I like the idea of a bacon maple syrup or something with caramel. Bacon and maple/caramel are friends!

Kim in MD — July 16, 2011 @ 1:08 pm

Bacon syrup? Are you kidding me? I have no idea what to do with that except drink it! LOL! ;-)
    Or maybe pour over some vanilla ice cream and garnish with chocolate bacon? That would be CRAZY!

Or how about this Brian Boitano recipe from his all bacon episode? Substitute the bacon syrup for the maple syrup. I can’t wait to see what you do with that syrup, Jessica! :-)

Carrie — July 16, 2011 @ 1:52 pm

Bacon Hot Chocolate!!! Or just drink the syrup, straight up! :)

HeatherChristo — July 16, 2011 @ 2:06 pm

Last week when I was at the grocery store at some ungodly hour (before 6) the equally bleary eyed barista said “please sample this- it is a bacon latte” Never one to turn down free caffeine or bacon, I tried it. It was pretty good. I haven’t really hopped on that whole chocolate + bacon band wagon, but I remember thinking it would be really good as a Bacon Mocha. What do you think?

Erica — July 16, 2011 @ 2:28 pm

I was going to suggest a bacon bloody mary but then I realized this syrup is probably too sweet for that haha

The possibilities are endless!! I wonder how it would be mixed in some cream cheese and a little maple syrup and put on a bagel?! That sounds good to me….

Esther — July 16, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

What about in a sauce, like a bacon BBQ sauce! For chicken! Or meatballs. Or a burger!
    Or use it to make a vinaigrette-type salad dressing! Oh wait, salad? Nevermind.

Jennifer Drummond — July 16, 2011 @ 6:44 pm

I’ve been thinking about this, how about making hamburgers with bacon syrup mixed into the meat? I bet that would be good. Or maybe potato salad (not the creamy kind)with a bacon marinade? I wonder what a BLT, minus the bacon would be like? You could marinate the tomato’s in the bacon syrup. Does the syrup really taste like bacon? A BBQ sauce would be good. Maybe a chili with bacon and chocolate mixed in. OMG, I just got it! How about a bacon maple syrup to drizzle on your delish pancakes? Imagine warm bacon, maple syrup? Yum!!!! Ok, I can’t think anymore, now I need to make some bacon and just eat it!!

Sarah — July 16, 2011 @ 10:51 pm

On Pinterest, I saw a picture of a bacon cinnamon roll. I bet that syrup would be delicious in a glaze!

Emily F. — July 16, 2011 @ 11:45 pm

Is this sweetened, or just bacon-y and savory?

Emily F. — July 16, 2011 @ 11:52 pm

Thinking about mixing it crumb crusts. Or regular crust! Imagine a bacon-infused quiche crust-or a graham cracker crust- or making crust with crust pretzels with the syrup….chocolate? Cheesecake (maple, caramel, vanilla…what flavor?) ?

Mac and cheese! In the cheese sauce and/or the breadcrumb topping?! Other casseroles/hot dishes?

Gloria — July 17, 2011 @ 1:29 am

How about taking some crisp, crumbled bacon and put it in waffle batter. Then use butter and the bacon syrup for toppers. (warm it first of course).

Mackenzie@The Caramel Cookie — July 17, 2011 @ 8:23 am

Make some maple bacon cupcakes or muffins!

Abby — July 17, 2011 @ 7:55 pm

ummm..ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Randi Lynne — July 18, 2011 @ 10:40 am

Bacon Jam? Maybe put the syrup in for the maple syrup?

Vicki — July 18, 2011 @ 10:47 am

I’ll tell you what I’m going to do with it – I’m going to find some and finally put my ice cream maker to use…maple-bacon pecan ice cream sounds terribly wonderful.

Amanda N - Wine and a Spoon — July 18, 2011 @ 12:41 pm

I’m with a bunch of other commentors… I went to Torani’s site and looked at the suggestions… I, uh, no. I can’t picture the taste of a lot of those. In a milkshake?!

Leslie — July 18, 2011 @ 2:02 pm

I have to find some of that!
    I’m thinking chocolate – bacon truffles!!

Dawn — July 18, 2011 @ 3:29 pm

3 Words: Bacon Bloody Mary’s. TO DIE FOR!!!

Shannon — July 19, 2011 @ 9:04 am

Ewwww…yuck!! I use the White Chocolate, Hazelnut, Vanilla and Brown Sugar Cinnamon syrup…but bacon I have not seen. I’m sure you’ll come up with something.

Elsbeth — August 3, 2011 @ 7:45 am