What’s apps should I get?

And yes, I already have angry birds, words with friends, fruit ninja and instagram. What should I use for Twitter?

Haaaalp me!

101 Responses to “Late To The Partay.”

Amber — July 1, 2011 @ 3:37 pm

It’s upside down, girl! :)

• Jessica — July 1st, 2011 @ 3:46 pm

LOL I know, I was just standing over top of it in a weird way to get a pic.

Alyssa M. — July 1, 2011 @ 3:38 pm

Echofon is a great app for Twitter that I use with my iPod Touch! Pandora is also one of my favorite must-have apps. Enjoy your new iPhone :)

Maranda — July 1, 2011 @ 3:39 pm

Don’t forget Hanging with Friends. Enjoy your new phone!

Maggie @ Loaded Kitchen — July 1, 2011 @ 3:39 pm

Shazam! Gotta get that!

megan g — July 1, 2011 @ 3:40 pm

angry birds rio kicks angry birds’ ass. if you like solitaire and card games that are fun to play in the bathroom – get solebon. not the lite version. i LUUURVE ragdoll blaster. the 2nd version is better. cut the rope is cute and addictive. and i think skeeball may be my fave time waster. tiny wings and yahtzee are always fun, as well. enjoy your phone!!!

Michelle — July 1, 2011 @ 3:41 pm

I love Shazam – If you hear a song you like or can’t recognize, it’ll listen to it and tell you what it is! I also use it to just keep track of songs I hear when I’m out and about and want to buy when I get home.

I also got the Google app which sounds weird, but it had a voice search option and Google Reader. My favorite way to pass time while waiting on people or in lines is to read blogs!

Melissa — July 1, 2011 @ 3:41 pm

For twitter, I use the Twitter for iPhone app and really enjoy it. For fun photos, try instagram (free) and for grocery lists, ShopListFree. Other fun ones, the Pandora and IMDb apps. I hope you enjoy your new phone!

Eunice — July 1, 2011 @ 3:41 pm

Dropbox for sharing files between all of your gadgets. Pandora, most banks have an app, Groupon if you use those, Netflix if you have an account…. I use TweetDeck for Twitter, but that’s just because I’ve been too lazy to look for anything else. It’s a good app, but I think there might be better ones out there. That’s all I can think of for now. If you want to play a words with friends game my name is Eunice099! :)

Cait's Plate — July 1, 2011 @ 3:42 pm

YAAAAY! congrats :) I’ve heard echofon is a good twitter app for iphone

Chrissy — July 1, 2011 @ 3:42 pm

hahahaha, so you got the pearly white! It’s gorgeous! Umm… those are the very apps that I would have recommended…but here are a few others: iwant, yelp, redbox, runkeeper (if you run), Rat Screw (my brother made it, so I have to promote it…), Fuzzle.
    Enjoy!

Nicole — July 1, 2011 @ 3:44 pm

Grocery IQ – You can have lists for multiple stores plus you can share it (so hubby and I are always on the same page w/grocery lists and there’s no excuses for forgetting my marshmallows or Nutella!)
    Echofon for Twitter
    Pinterest
    Runkeeper
    Colorsnap (Sherwin Williams – you can take a photograph and it will tell you what that color is in their paint!)
    The Weather Channel :-) I’m boring

nicole @ our three reasons — July 1, 2011 @ 3:44 pm

i just got mine last month so i’m still looking for fun ones too! :) so far my faves are GasBuddy, Pinterest, UrbanSpoon and Talking Carl (it’s so dumb but I just downloaded it last night and my fiance and I were laughing soo much).

nicole @ our three reasons — July 1, 2011 @ 3:45 pm

ooh and i totally forgot instagram! that one is soo addicting! (& free!)

Brittany — July 1, 2011 @ 3:46 pm

I just got one last week and started using echofon for twitter. Let’s play each other in words with friends!! :)

• Jessica — July 1st, 2011 @ 3:59 pm

I got the free one, does that work? Or do I need the other one? Setting it up now! :)

Jessica A — July 1, 2011 @ 3:46 pm

My husband swears by Paper Toss…I dont agree but…ya know.

Kim — July 1, 2011 @ 3:48 pm

Words With Friends, user Twitter for Twitter, Mint (so you can track food and shoe spending), Pandora, Any Angry Birds variety, Netflix (if you have a Netflix acct), Epicurious (Better on the iPad but still nice), Gate Guru if you travel by air a lot, Dropbox (for desktop and phone), Groupon and Living Social, Urbanspoon, Yelp, Foodgawker, NPR News, AP Mobile, Instagram, Hipstamatic, PuddingCam (not in english but cool), 100Cameras, Camera+, Facebook, ShopShop (shopping list), Whole Foods Recipes, Beejive IM (if you use instant messaging accounts), Audiogalaxy (you can leave it running on your computer and then stream from your iphone anywhere), Accuweather…..

janetha @ meals & moves — July 1, 2011 @ 3:48 pm

i can’t wait to see your instagram photos of sweets. because i know they are gonna happen. what’s your handle on there? mine is janetha.

• Jessica — July 1st, 2011 @ 3:50 pm

I JUST set it up and haven’t even done anything with it but I think I made it howsweeteats!

Adele — July 1, 2011 @ 3:50 pm

I don’t have an iphone (sad face) but my boyfriend does and I am constantly using it. Pandora app is a MUST!! Especially for taking to the beach, pool, anywhere…! Enjoy :)

Shawna — July 1, 2011 @ 3:51 pm

Pinterest has an app too :D

Salah@myhealthiestlife — July 1, 2011 @ 3:53 pm

hahaha ya’ll are still waiting on me b/c I still don’t have an iphone or any kind of phone that connects to the internet or anything lol

Jenni — July 1, 2011 @ 3:56 pm

yep – Pinterest app all the way!

and FatBooth is kind of amazing. so funny to see what you’d look like if you were 10 times your own size.

Daneisha — July 1, 2011 @ 3:56 pm

I prefer SoundHound Shazam.

Jeannette — July 1, 2011 @ 3:58 pm

A lot of my faves have been mentioned here, so I’ll just state some new ones. If you want the app that takes pics of upc codes and gives you info about it, check out red laser. if you want to track you period check out iPeriod. Where I live (in D.C.) we have this awesome disc jocky named Kane and I can listen to his show on demand through iHeart Radio, so that’s worth a checkout if you have a favorite radio station or dj. Fandango app is great for checking movie times. Mapquest has a good free gps app. and for pretty wallpapers check out HD Wallpapers. Also, I use Tweetdeck for Twitter and I like it a lot. Grocery IQ is the best for grocery lists.

taylor — July 1, 2011 @ 3:58 pm

there’s an app for pinterest!

Anna — July 1, 2011 @ 4:06 pm

Good ones that I don’t think have been mentioned yet: Nike+ GPS, Tiny Wings, Yelp, mobile banking (I have PNC and they have a great app that lets you deposit checks by taking pictures of them with your iPhone!), ZooBorns, Living Social, Groupon, Wikipedia

Stacie (Foodie2Shoes) — July 1, 2011 @ 4:06 pm

Definitely instragram and I too like the twitter for iphone app. Also recco is a new fun free app for food, shopping and entertainment — it’s kind of like yelp meets twitter meets facebook. Toto is great for lists!

Kristen — July 1, 2011 @ 4:08 pm

I like Echofon for Twitter, Evite, Living Social, Groupon, Amazon, Nike+ GPS, MyFitnessPal (not always so good after sweets) and Yelp are good ones.

Molly @ heart of a blonde — July 1, 2011 @ 4:11 pm

I use Echofon for Twitter & like it!

Sarah — July 1, 2011 @ 4:16 pm

Just a word of caution… I heard the white iPhone has a tendency to turn yellow in the sun… don’t keep it out there too long :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — July 1, 2011 @ 4:21 pm

Nike Training. I swear that was one of the main reasons I got my iPhone. And this post reminded me that I need to download words with friends!

atxqt — July 1, 2011 @ 4:26 pm

don’t forget Skype, I love this app, get to see the grandkids from my phone. :)

Jessica — July 1, 2011 @ 4:27 pm

My favorite twitter app is “twitter”. It used to be called something else, but now it is the official one. I find it works a lot better than Echofon.

Other apps I love: FoodGawker, AroundMe, Yelp, Fandango, PhotoStudio, PS Express, Instagram, Kindle App (works just like having a Kindle. Or if you have a kindle, then you always have your books with you everywhere you go. Like it much better then iBooks. Kindle books (amazon) is cheaper and has more options), MapQuest, and probably my biggest fav Pandora.

Veronica @ Café con Leche — July 1, 2011 @ 4:30 pm

AroundMe is suuuch a helpful/useful app! It identifies your location and then you can look up bars/restaurants/coffee places/supermarkets/theaters/gas stations that are close to you!
    WhatsApp is basically BBM for iPhone but the best part is there are no “pins” and it automatically syncs your contacts w/ people who have WhatsApp (totally worth the 99 cents)
    Groupon/LivingSocial is good if you’re a member of those because you can find stuff on the go!
    I also have one called “DrinksFree” which has huuundreds of cocktail recipes! :)

doniree — July 1, 2011 @ 4:33 pm

I like Echofon for Twitter. Also BELUGA for group texting your friends. It’s my favorite. Catch Notes is a great note-taking app. Foodspotting, for taking and sharing pictures of your food. Sephora. Because it’s pretty.

Ashley M — July 1, 2011 @ 4:38 pm

Echofon for Twitter, definitely.

Also, you should really get the app called Crackle. FREE full length movies! and shows. More are added every week. I really enjoy it.

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — July 1, 2011 @ 4:38 pm

We’re talking about upgrading to iphones and I can’t wait! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) — July 1, 2011 @ 4:56 pm

Ahhh congrats!! Im debating getting one too! I should just take the plunge. Oh and Angry Birds is the best game. Fruit Ninja is also highly addictive, glad to see you have it!!

Lindsay — July 1, 2011 @ 5:09 pm

Words with Friends!!!!!!! Pandora, Google, Whole Foods Recipes, Facebook & Urbanspoon :)

Nicole — July 1, 2011 @ 5:12 pm

TV Guide, if you have cable
    Christmas List (looks like closeup of Santa holding a legal pad) – lets you store gift lists under passcode, counts down to christmas, can group lists into family, work, etc., has price, store and notes field so you can keep track of where the item is, and keeps track of how many gifts you have to buy/wrap/mail. (It’s awesome all year, never have to try to remember hubby’s clothing size!)
    All Recipes Dinner Spinner – fun to play with if you like their site, lets you choose a dish type, ingredient and time to cook and brings up recipes that match
    Mapquest – gives turn by turn directions
    Accufuel – keeps track of your gas mileage, I think you can put in multiple cars too
    GasBuddy – tells you gas prices around town, super important these days
    Compare It – shopping app that calculates unit price to compare two items, helps if you’re trying to tell the best deal when there is a sale
    BrainHack – white noise, rain, stream sounds, etc
    And the others mentioned Pandora, shazam, groupon and dropbox which are all important too

Kristy @ Sweet Treats and More — July 1, 2011 @ 5:13 pm

I’m still late to the partay, but let me know if I need to join!

Laura — July 1, 2011 @ 5:14 pm

I’m a bit of an app freak… Here are my faves.

Advanced task killer (saves battery)
    Google Reader
    Shush- ringer restorer (so your ringer will come on by itself at a set time)
    Yahoo and Gmail email apps
    Twitter- I use both the regular one and Twidroyd
    Weather Channel – yes, I’m a bit of a nerd, but it is handy

Let us know what you end up installing/liking.

Evelyn R — July 1, 2011 @ 5:18 pm

Card Star keeps all of your store loyalty or reward cards together in one place, not taking up room in your wallet.

• Beth — July 1st, 2011 @ 9:15 pm

I love Card Star, but I don’t think the employees of some stores like it – they say it won’t scan so they end up manually entering the numbers and handing it back to me with a look of disgust. :) Does anyone use any other reward card apps?

lynn @ the actor's diet — July 1, 2011 @ 5:18 pm

i can’t live without the yelp app – i bookmark my fave restaurants or places i want to try when i travel, then it sorts it by distance from wherever i am. perfect for road trips too!

ledarcie — July 1, 2011 @ 5:26 pm

the nike app for circut training!

Jen @familyfoodfitnessandfun.com — July 1, 2011 @ 5:35 pm

Most have been mentioned, but my faves are Instagram and Hootsuite. Hootsuite is better than twitter because you can organize into groups. Labelbox is also a fun one. You can add dun labels to your photos. Enjoy!

Bergendi — July 1, 2011 @ 5:43 pm

Flixter! It’s the Rotten Tomatoes app so you showtimes as well as reviews. Though it didn’t discourage me from seeing Scream 4… jusayin’!

Amy — July 1, 2011 @ 7:13 pm

Oooo! White iPhone!! I wanted a white one…but I’m glad I didn’t wait b/c I would have waited a YEAR almost. Dang. I like Tweetdeck for Twitter b/c then I can pick/choose which tweets go to Facebook. I also love instagram, Pinterest is on there…some food apps…eh, I don’t use that many apps all that regularly…

Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) — July 1, 2011 @ 7:15 pm

I still don’t have one! So you’re not that late ;)

Michelle — July 1, 2011 @ 7:17 pm

Wunderlist if you’re into…lists. Geeky, but I really like this one the best out of all the list apps out there. Kindle for reading e-books [Amazon has a list of free books that they update regularly].
    MobileRSS for Google Reader.
    Yummy for a Delicious account.
    ScoutMob [if they're in your area].
    Yelp for restaurant searching.
    And now sadly, Foursquare. I fell into the check-in crazy. Heeeeeeeeelp!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — July 1, 2011 @ 9:13 pm

I know nothing about those phones … I still use a regular old phone with no features. Can’t even check my email or listen to music with it.

1. Pingback: Tuesday Things… On a Wednesday. | How Sweet It Is