I’ve decided that we’ve all had enough to eat this week.

Triple Berry Mojitos I howsweeteats.com

Plus, it’s Friday. Friday activities are supposed to be funner than just eating. Yes, funner. You know you say funner.

Friday calls for wearing jeans and stuff. Goofing off at work. Sneaking out early. Drinking cocktails and possibly forgetting what you did come Saturday morning. Normal things that all real people do. Real, fun life.

By now you probably figured out what I did with those six pints of berries.

Triple Berry Mojitos I howsweeteats.com

I mean, really… what does one do with all those berries? Eating them plain is just… boring. Baking them in cobblers and crisps and bars and muffins is an awesome idea… if you didn’t bake three batches of cookies since Wednesday. I don’t like to be like anyone else. So I did the next best thing!

Or obviously… the only best thing.

Triple Berry Mojitos I howsweeteats.com

I reallllllly love mojitos. Margaritas are my favorite wild-and-crazy, sorta girly, I want to have a draaaank drink, but mojitos come in at a close second. Classic mojitos taste okay but aren’t really my thing. I much prefer them infused with some sort of fruit – juicy stuff like mangos and coconuts and pineapple.

What does this all mean? Besides that I should live on a tropical island.

Triple Berry Mojitos I howsweeteats.com

What I really like about mojitos is that it’s kinda difficult to have a bad one. Margaritas can be so hit or miss with gross concentrates and pale green sours mix, but mojitos pretty much have to be made with rum + sugar + lime + mint. All ingredients sent from the heavens. Yes please.

Triple Berry Mojitos I howsweeteats.com

I think it would be an excellent idea if you stirred up these little gems and sipped them tonight… on your porch… in the dwindling sunlight. Smell the fresh mint. Sit too close to someone you like. Eat some pizza.

That’s totally a perfect Friday right? I’m jealous because I don’t have a porch. Someone hook me up with an invite please.

Triple Berry Mojitos I howsweeteats.com

What is not an excellent idea is making four mojitos to photograph for your invisible internet friends at 11 o’clock in the morning. Alone. Yep. Allllll by your lonesome. And seriously, there is no way one can let all that good stuff go to waste. I sipped a bunch. Felt a little guilty. Obviously not guilty enough to stop. Took some great naps.

But I did it all for you. So you can suck down one or five of these sparklers tonight and get your groove on. I got your back.

Triple Berry Mojitos I howsweeteats.com

Triple Berry Mojitos

makes 1 mojito, but is easily quadrupled

6-8 fresh mint leaves

2 1/2 ounces of mint simple syrup

1 ounce of rum

1 1/2 ounces of club soda

2 ounces of mixed berry juice

the juice of one lime

fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries

In the bottom of a glass, add 1 ounce of simple syrup and the mint leaves. Muddle with a muddler or use the clean bottom of something blunt, like a screwdriver! Add ice to the glass, a few berries, and pour rum, syrup, berry juice, lime and club soda over top. Mix with a long spoon or knife and serve with an additional sprig of mint.

Note: depending on the sweetness of your fruit, you may want to add more/less simply syrup, so I suggest tasting as you go. Same with the rum – add more if you like your drinks strong. Also – if you simply want a blueberry, raspberry, OR strawberry mojito, follow the instructions using only that one fruit.

Mixed Berry Juice

6 large strawberries

1/3 cup blueberries

1/3 cup raspberries

1/4 cup water

Add berries to a blender with water and pulse until pureed. Pour through a strainer and press juice out with a spoon. You may need to add a bit of additional water if your fruit is not very ripe and juicy. You can also use a juicer to extract the juice, but I find that it produces much less juice. You can also simply mash your fruit, but I did not want seeds throughout my drink.

Mint Simple Syrup

1 cup water

1 cup sugar

10 fresh mint leaves

Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat just until it bubbles. Turn down to low for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and let sit for 15-20 minutes.

Triple Berry Mojitos I howsweeteats.com

I learned one thing from this post. Mojito is not recognized by spell check. Holy squiggly red lines.

161 Responses to “Triple Berry Mojitos.”

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — July 16, 2011 @ 5:42 pm

Yum!!! I love mojitos! Awesome recipe! I had the best raspberry mojito in San Francisco… this kind of looks similar!

Molly @ RDexposed — July 16, 2011 @ 6:48 pm

It’s all about the fresh mint-and frest mint as in it was just picked 15 seconds ago mint.

Gina — July 16, 2011 @ 8:10 pm

I love mojitos and can’t wait to try this berry version. Tried just adding strawberries recently but wasn’t a big fan. I think your berry juice sounds awesome. Love your post and the pics are beautiful. Thanks

Cookbook Queen — July 17, 2011 @ 12:47 am

Gah.

Can you believe I’ve never had a mojito? What is wrong with me.

I will totes let you borrow my porch if you bring me 5 of these mojitos.

Yes, FIVE.

Kristen @ Mind Your Bees and Trees — July 17, 2011 @ 2:37 am

Ooooooo I love mojitos! I’ve been craving one lately and this looks like just the thing to make to satisfy that craving :)

Vicki in GA — July 17, 2011 @ 2:09 pm

Heather Christo sent me here. She posted the recipe for those delish Rainbow Cookies.
    As much as I love cookies, I like your berry Mojito recipe much more!! Woozer!

Vicki in GA — July 17, 2011 @ 2:12 pm

BTW, I love your web site – I’ll be making the triple brownie recipe later in the day. I teach at a prison and love to butter up the guards with sweets. ((shhh…that way they don’t bother me and stay out of my classroom when not needed!))

Audrey — July 17, 2011 @ 2:34 pm

Ok so as for that syrup..you could do a vanilla cupcake with a maple-bacon buttercream frosting. I know it sounds weird, but it’s like a breakfast plate in cupcake form! So just flavor your vanilla buttercream with pure maple syrup and a little bit of that bacon flavoring. You could even add bits of maple candied bacon on top or in the vanilla cupcake! Goodluck!

Nicole, RD — July 17, 2011 @ 2:56 pm

I am so regretting not planting mint this year…these look awesome!

Tracy — July 17, 2011 @ 3:11 pm

Sounds so refreshing!

Michele — July 17, 2011 @ 5:44 pm

hello, just stopping by to say hi and your pictures are beautiful! Looks very refreshing & delicious :)

Payal — July 17, 2011 @ 6:25 pm

Hi Jessica! I just baked your Double Fudge Oreo Crunch cookies and although they taste delicious, they started spreading out as soon as I put them in the oven and ultimately came out very flat. I did refrigerate the dough, but only for 2 hours. Up until I put the cookies in the oven, they looked just like yours – any idea where I went wrong? Should I have refrigerated the dough for longer? I followed the recipe to the letter, so the only place I think I could have gone wrong was the cocoa powder I used (‘Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate and Cocoa Powder: Premium Baking Cocoa’); I didn’t use Dutch or Unsweetened cocoa powder. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks :)

Ashley@BakerbyNature — July 17, 2011 @ 9:37 pm

I am in love with mojitos, and Summer berries could only make this even more amazing!

Katelyn — July 17, 2011 @ 9:47 pm

You had me at “mo-”. These look AMAZING!

what katie's baking — July 18, 2011 @ 12:25 am

oh wow.
    yumm!!!!!

Abbey Kline — July 20, 2011 @ 7:16 pm

My husband and I just made these. We both loved them SO much! I will definitely be serving these at my next party. Thanks so much!

Kelly — July 29, 2011 @ 12:42 pm

It’s Friday and I want one of these babies pronto! YUM!

Kristi — September 27, 2011 @ 3:40 pm

I love mojitos…they are my favorite. However, some bartenders are not the best at making them. I have to also say i love your post. I think you write exactly what you are thinking which makes me laugh.

Russell at Chasing Delicious — July 9, 2012 @ 9:36 am

I could definitely handle a couple of these. They look great!

katie rose — November 12, 2012 @ 9:39 pm

what kind of mint is it? peppermint? do thay have moree then one kind in the store or did you grow it?

Helen — May 5, 2013 @ 6:12 pm

Oh dear god, these look amazing. Summer here I come!