1. I made a salad for lunch today!

It had butter lettuce (my favorite kind… um, duh), sweet potato fries, sauteed mushrooms, avocado, an heirloom tomato, and leftover grilled corn. Maybe some other stuff I’m forgetting. Now I remember when I never eat salads as main meals. Yucky veg.

2. Speaking of butter… just wait. Seriously… just wait. Read my lips: tomorrow.

3. One of my teeth is itchy. I’m serious. Seriously serious. And it’s seriously driving me insane.

4. Really… why don’t I have this? No… really. Why?

5. Last night I was sooo insanely relaxed after yoga that I didn’t even mind when my husband turned on wrestling as I was watching the Bachelorette. In fact, I didn’t even notice. For future reference, yoga = wine and not noticing = passed out.

6. This is the last thing I needed to see today. Bacon sprinkles? It’s like that was created for me and only me.

7. Sometimes (read: all the time) I live my life according to quotes from Sex and the City. I know. So annoying and cliche and typical.

8. Hiiiiii.

I’m gonna go die of cuteness overload now.

61 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Kristina @ spabettie — July 19, 2011 @ 4:46 pm

GAAH, so cute!! the pup.

and that closet?? it IS my dream!

Rachel! — July 19, 2011 @ 4:46 pm

i would DIE if i had a shoe room! and shoes to fill it with!!!!

Jihane @Sinful Sundays — July 19, 2011 @ 4:47 pm

Wait, did i just read that you put sweet potato fries IN your salad? Ha! I can’t. You’re so funny! =)

• Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — July 19th, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

Haha, I had the same puzzled reaction, and then I was like…no, wait…that’s actually brilliant.

Ashli — July 19, 2011 @ 4:48 pm

That pup is so darn cute! I was hoping for a pic of your salad…I get inspiration from your pics! :)

• Jessica — July 19th, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

I actually did post a picture to Instagram earlier this afternoon when I ate it. I planned on posting it here but when I tried to make it larger it was insanely blurry!

Christine — July 19, 2011 @ 4:48 pm

Your fans who are now in LOVE with Bella are begging you for a Bella video!!!! Pleeeeeease!

Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy — July 19, 2011 @ 4:49 pm

um… I think you should take it upon yourself to create a Daily Puppy Calendar and just feature different insanely cute pictures of that little friend right there. I mean you could even just email like 20 pictures of her to me, that would be fine too.

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn — July 19, 2011 @ 4:50 pm

AHHH I WANT THAT PUPPY

kate — July 19, 2011 @ 4:53 pm

omg that puppy is precious!!

Sara — July 19, 2011 @ 4:55 pm

I am showing this post to my husband. We are in the constant battle of wanting to get a golden pup (ME) and wanting to get some stupid other dog (him). I just don’t see why he doesn’t agree with me!

Kayla (Little Miss Healthify) — July 19, 2011 @ 4:58 pm

Bacon sprinkles!! Ridiculous!

I just wuv dat widdle puppy.

Krystina (Organically Me) — July 19, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

“For future reference, yoga = wine and not noticing = passed out.”

LMFAO I love you

karin (allpointswhole) — July 19, 2011 @ 5:03 pm

That salad sounds divine and LOL about the shows and wine

Abby — July 19, 2011 @ 5:05 pm

puppies are cuter than babies. but i’m cuter than both and you get to stare at my face tomorrow as i stuff it full of hummus and falafel. can’t wait!

• Jessica — July 19th, 2011 @ 5:07 pm

I CAN’T WAIT!!

Kim in MD — July 19, 2011 @ 5:05 pm

You are so funny, Jessica! Really- your tooth is itching? How is that possible! Bacon sprinkles are insane, and Bella is so cute I think I might have to get me a puppy! :-)

Jen of My Tiny Oven — July 19, 2011 @ 5:05 pm

I have been a dental assistant for 15 years and I don’t think anyone has ever said a tooth felt itchy before! I wish I could help ya out, but that is a new one for me! I hope it feels better soon!

• Jessica — July 19th, 2011 @ 5:07 pm

Okay well this at least reassures me that it isn’t going to fall out.

• Jen of My Tiny Oven — July 19th, 2011 @ 6:49 pm

Nope probably not! but if it gets worse or lasts more than a couple days you might want to see a dentist just to be sure it is nothing serious! Tooth problems can be bad news.

Holly @ The Runny Egg — July 19, 2011 @ 5:05 pm

Bacon sprinkles — I need them in my life now.

Christina — July 19, 2011 @ 5:10 pm

You probably didn’t notice because Ashley is the most annoying bachelorette ever. Ready for next season!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — July 19, 2011 @ 5:12 pm

Love all the puppy pics and can’t wait to see what you have for us tomorrow!

Ana F. — July 19, 2011 @ 5:16 pm

Thanks oh so much for posting about the french toast with bacon sprinkles. I’m telling you in advance tha my husband will be forever thankful to you :)

xoxo, Ana
    My (Newly)Wed Life

Julie H. — July 19, 2011 @ 5:18 pm

Wine = yoga….. HA! I love wine!!!! Seriously, LOVE.

Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique — July 19, 2011 @ 5:18 pm

I am in love with your puppy! Adorable!

Julienne — July 19, 2011 @ 5:30 pm

Jessica, seriously, I hate bacon and sprinkles and most of the things you seem to love, but i am addicted to your blog–every time I read one of those creepy “hiiiiii’s” I kill myself laughing. Or I would if I weren’t already dead from the stupid heat in my apartment.

• Jessica — July 19th, 2011 @ 5:43 pm

Hahaha thanks Julienne! You have no idea how much this means to me – that you still read even though we are incredibly different! I have a few blogs like this too that I read nonstop even though the person and I are complete opposites!

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun — July 19, 2011 @ 5:39 pm

You never fail to put a smile on my face. :)

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance — July 19, 2011 @ 5:41 pm

Itchy tooth!? Maybe its a cavity????

Sarah — July 19, 2011 @ 5:42 pm

That pup is the cutest thing EVER. I don’t think any of your blog followers would mind!

Yammie @ Yammie's Noshery — July 19, 2011 @ 5:48 pm

Everybody on my Dad’s side of the family always complains of itchy teeth. They get their teeth cleaned all the time because they want their molars itched. Lucky for them, we also have about five dentists on that side of the family, so they get it done for free.
    They’re all a bunch of freakazoids if you ask me.

Mel — July 19, 2011 @ 5:52 pm

yoga = wine = story of my life :)

Jenny T. — July 19, 2011 @ 6:05 pm

Wait! The Bachelorette! I missed it…did you catch what happened??

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — July 19, 2011 @ 6:09 pm

Wine. Shoes. Cute Dog. LOVE

Kelly — July 19, 2011 @ 6:17 pm

Thank you. It’s 150 degrees here and my children are, let’s just say, not being nice. So I escaped to the computer and your blog makes me happy. And so does the caprese quinoa and oatmeal choc chip cookie muffins I’ve made the last couple of days. Yum!!!

Mallory — July 19, 2011 @ 6:18 pm

I hope that the generations after us either watch SATC or have something close (never going to be as good) to follow.

I recently found this website and was going to buy a bacon loving friend a gag gift. I think you will appreciate some of the bacon items they have: http://www.alwaysfits.com/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=bacon

Enjoy!

Blog is the New Black — July 19, 2011 @ 6:23 pm

I had butter lettuce for lunch too- also my fav!

Lauren (Healthy Delicious) — July 19, 2011 @ 6:27 pm

I love that you put fries in your salad. That and the desire for shoe closet/room confirms that you are awesome.

Katie — July 19, 2011 @ 6:35 pm

I want to rub my cheek on that little puppy fur!

Erin — July 19, 2011 @ 6:40 pm

I feel so much happier just having read this!

Puppies, shoe closets the size of my house, salads that contain french fries, wine and the bachelorette…

I think I dreamt this post once, and I never ever wanted to wake up.

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — July 19, 2011 @ 6:48 pm

Too cute!! I can’t believe how much Bella has grown already!!!

Karly — July 19, 2011 @ 7:14 pm

I totally thought of you as I was writing the words “bacon sprinkles.” Thought you might like that. Thanks for linking to me! :)

Emily @ Comfortable Home Life — July 19, 2011 @ 7:54 pm

I’m coming to steal your puppy.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — July 19, 2011 @ 7:54 pm

Sex In the City quotes rock. And so does yoga + wine. Pure.Bliss.

Dana — July 19, 2011 @ 8:12 pm

I so get the Sex and the City quotes. Please take in all the puppy breath you can. It goes away far too soon. I miss puppy breath.

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — July 19, 2011 @ 8:56 pm

Um I need that shoe closet. Like…now. I’ll go halfsies with you if you want.

Hilliary @ Happily Ever Healthy — July 19, 2011 @ 9:19 pm

The salad sounds amazing! And I want your puppy, so cute!

Lauren — July 20, 2011 @ 1:33 am

Wine glass to mouth is the only yoga position I know.

:) you are my hero!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — July 20, 2011 @ 3:21 am

Cuteness is right!!!! That is pretty much the most adorable dog I have ever seen.

Aine @ Something to Chew Over — July 20, 2011 @ 3:38 am

Puppy!!!!!!!!!

Casey — July 20, 2011 @ 8:07 am

Okay, I just searched for the best Sex and the City quote for 10 minutes, but I couldn’t find it. It’s in the episode “Boy Interrupted”, when Anthony talks about Stanford’s boyfriend Marcus being in Honcho magazine with the stage name of Paul. Paul?? Worst hooker/hustler name ever!!

Amy S. — July 20, 2011 @ 9:50 am

I’m totally guilty of #7 too. I wanted to name our puppy Bradshaw (as in Carrie) but my husband put the ka-bosh on that one!

Skinny Fat Kid — July 20, 2011 @ 10:15 am

Love the puppy picture! I need to get instagram on my iPad!

Angie — July 20, 2011 @ 10:51 am

OK, you’re going to have to start putting warnings at the beginning of a post if there’s going to be a picture of that adorable puppy. It’s worse than seeing pictures of cute babies. I IMMEDIATELY wanted a puppy, and since I spent last night buried under two trembling hundred-pound dogs who are terrified of storms adding another dog is out of the question. That puppy is DANGEROUS!