Hiiii.

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas I howsweeteats.com

I was up waaaaay too late last night.

Every Sunday I’m hooked deep into HBO programming and before I know it, it’s 3AM, I’ve watched and rewatched multiple series’ episodes because I need to and I’m solidly invested in three TV relationships because seriously, it has to be real life. Like, I don’t even like vampire garbage but could Eric maybe just wear that leather coat and black jeans and visit me or bring me breakfast in bed or something (?) and I’m really wondering how the heck I can wake up and be Sookie in that crazy red number she wore last night and still eat an entire pie?

Very, very important things kept me up. I just couldn’t keep that to myself.

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas I howsweeteats.com

I mean, I write this blog for one reason.

To tell you that fantastic food can be easy and fun! Right?

Well, and maybe because I need to talk to someone… anyone. All the time.

And because you totally understand why Eric and Sloan need to get back together and really, I know I’ve said it before but what in the world is going on with Ari and Dana and why do I like it so much?!

Annnnnd maybe because I’m hungry. All the time.

Have you ever been hungry alone? Not fun.

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas I howsweeteats.com

And I’m all about sharing.

Well, honestly, I’m not. I hate sharing desserts. Unless we’re ordering six of them and I have adequate dessert to fill my plate and make me nauseated after the incoming sugar bomb. In that case, by all means… share away.

I just think that food tastes better when I tell you about it. It’s all kinds of magic happening. <– Yeah that!

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas I howsweeteats.com

In related news… I made some enchiladas. Actually, I made these enchiladas here four weeks ago. But don’t worry, because I’ve already made them two more times.

They are lovely. A little spicy. A little cheesy. All the things dreams are made of. Perfectly filling for your Monday. I’m gonna make them again tonight and eat them while I watch more reruns and pretend I live inside the TV. Fun!

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas I howsweeteats.com

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas

adapted from my BBQ chicken enchiladas

makes 8 enchiladas

8 large whole wheat tortillas (my favorite are La Tortilla Factory!)

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded

28 ounce can red enchilada sauce

1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (+ more depending on your tastebuds)

1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese

4 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled

5 green onions, chopped

1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour enchilada sauce in a bowl and begin by whisking in 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce. Taste and adjust according to your desired level of heat – I added in 1/2 cup total. Set aside.

Add shredded chicken to a bowl with 2 green onions and 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese. Pour in about a 1/2 cup of enchilada/buffalo sauce mixture and mix thoroughly. Stir until mixture comes together.

Pour a drizzle of enchilada/buffalo sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Take each tortilla and fill it with a few heaping tablespoons of the chicken mixture. Roll each up and set it in the baking dish, seam side down. Pour another 1/2 cup or more of enchilada/buffalo sauce on top of tortillas and add remaining monterey jack cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Immediately after taking enchiladas out of the oven, add crumbled gorgonzola on top. Garnish with the remaining onions and cilantro and serve. Store the remaining sauce in the fridge for 1-2 weeks, and use if reheating enchiladas.

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas I howsweeteats.com

You can come too. Just bring dessert.

167 Responses to “Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas.”

Tracey @ Veggies, Cake & Cocktails — August 22, 2011 @ 1:36 pm

I love buffalo sauce so of course this recipe sounds delicious to me!

I might have to try making these and freezing them to eat throughout the week.

Kelly — August 22, 2011 @ 1:37 pm

Yum. I love buffalo chicken. And I love enchiladas. Together? Even better!

Chris @ TheKeenanCookBook — August 22, 2011 @ 1:49 pm

LOVE all things buffalo; wings, dip, pizza, casserole… Going to try this soon. How awesome. :)

Bev Weidner — August 22, 2011 @ 2:28 pm

I have just died. No really, I’m in enchilada heaven. It’s nice here! Yours look incredible.

We’re on the same wavelength though – I just made some myself!

But I need your buffalo goodness up in my face hole like NOW.

I need to rest.

Michelle — August 22, 2011 @ 2:40 pm

I feel guilty for how much I’m into the Ari and Dana thing…like what can happen in 3 episodes??? They better not neglect to end the series properly because of the movie…that would make me MAD!

Since your buffalo chicken tacos have been on constant rotation in our house these might need to make an appearance! Yummm

• Jessica — August 22nd, 2011 @ 3:20 pm

So glad you like the buffalo chicken tacos!

Valerie — August 22, 2011 @ 2:43 pm

I don’t get the directions to turn off the heat. What’s that about?

• Jessica — August 22nd, 2011 @ 3:20 pm

Oops sorry. I pasted them from my adapted recipe and forget to delete that. Fixed!

• Valerie — August 22nd, 2011 @ 3:21 pm

Oh thanks!

Leslie — August 22, 2011 @ 2:47 pm

Good lord, Eric can visit me any time of day as long as he gets his friggin’ memory back!!

• Jessica — August 22nd, 2011 @ 3:20 pm

For real.

Michelle — August 22, 2011 @ 3:16 pm

Talk about foodgasm of epic proportions.Totally worth staying up late for.

Hilliary @ Happily Ever Healthy — August 22, 2011 @ 3:23 pm

Yum! these look fantastic!

Katie — August 22, 2011 @ 3:49 pm

We don’t have HBO, but I can get sucked into a TV series in 10 minutes. It just takes a slight story line and a character I can relate to and I’m done for.

Elysha — August 22, 2011 @ 4:02 pm

I want. And since I haven’t mastered shredding chicken (that’s embarrassing), I’ll totally bring dessert if you make these. I’ll bring guacamole, too, since that’s my current love. Please teach me how to shred chicken, ’cause I just get frustrated and end up cutting it up every time, and that just isn’t the same.

In other news, I linked to you on my blog, http://mommalysh.blogspot.com/2011/08/cake-cupcake-and-giveaway.html, because I can’t stop telling people about the Root Beer Float Cupcakes I made and I think they’re sick of hearing me talk about them. I love love love your blog!

• Jessica — August 22nd, 2011 @ 4:04 pm

Thank you! I find chicken easiest to shred by hand. The best ways are to either make it in a crockpot first or boil it, then let it cool completely and shred. But I’ve also done this when it’s grilled or baked!

Mama Pea — August 22, 2011 @ 4:18 pm

I hope it’s not wrong for me to say how delicious these look. Genius flavor combo!

• Jessica — August 22nd, 2011 @ 4:48 pm

I love that you said that.

Nourhan @ Miss Anthropist's Kitchen — August 22, 2011 @ 4:29 pm

Your recipes are torture! In the best way possible :)

Maria — August 22, 2011 @ 4:55 pm

Josh will love these!! Great creation!

Lauren — August 22, 2011 @ 5:26 pm

My Pin It button is heavily used on your site. :)

Amy W — August 22, 2011 @ 5:32 pm

I wish I had your life… kinda.

Cardio Pizza — August 22, 2011 @ 6:40 pm

I may have to make these tomorrow…it’s Taco Tuesday at our house :) I love enchiladas so it may have to be enchilada Tuesday instead!

Krystina (Organically Me) — August 22, 2011 @ 6:59 pm

I’m just here to say that we watch the same shows on Sunday night.

And I agree about Eric and Sloan.

And I dug the red number Sookie had on, but if I see another dream about snow romping or threesomes I will scream.

Do you happen to watch curb your enthusiasm on your HBO lineup too?

Karly — August 22, 2011 @ 8:28 pm

I just had buffalo chicken grilled cheese sandwiches the other night. Wonder if my sissy-la-la husband would whine if I made buffalo chicken enchiladas? And do I even care if he does?

• Jessica — August 22nd, 2011 @ 8:59 pm

I am so glad you love that. I am obsessed with adding wing sauce and gorgonzola to my grilled cheese. SO GOOD.

Laura — August 22, 2011 @ 10:10 pm

Oh. Wow. I have enchilada envy. We just enjoyed some zucchini enchiladas for dinner, and now I want these too. Can’t wait to try them!

Shari @ The Daily Dish — August 22, 2011 @ 10:15 pm

These look absolutely divine!

Sarah Pernicka — August 22, 2011 @ 10:29 pm

Oh, these look delicious minus the blue cheese. I love wings and things but can’t stand blue cheese. What is wrong with me? I know. But my take is ranch or feta..

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — August 22, 2011 @ 10:39 pm
    Adele — August 22, 2011 @ 10:51 pm

HOLY F**K!!!! :D

Kiah — August 22, 2011 @ 11:08 pm

I always crave buffalo style dishes, but they’re often a bit off–now I can just make my own! :-)

Meg's Everyday Indulgence — August 22, 2011 @ 11:08 pm

OMG….I love anything buffalo and this just sounds to die for, I would have never thought of the combination! This is going in my “must try” folder!

marla {family fresh cooking} — August 23, 2011 @ 12:28 am

I love buffalo wing sauce…how fun to use it in enchiladas! I will gladly show up with dessert for this :)

Reem — August 23, 2011 @ 1:47 am

Lovely!!!!! I love Buffalo sauce, I’m sure it will taste heaven like this… yummms… I want some of this blessing now…

Alissa — August 23, 2011 @ 2:03 am

You are adorable, and this sounds like the perfect dinner to enjoy with a few good beers and a good football game. And easy to make for a crowd! Can’t wait to try them.

Devan — August 23, 2011 @ 8:00 am

I stumbled upon this site and just wanted to say that these enchiladas look amazing! I’m very excited to try the recipe soon. :D

P.S. I loved how I’m not the only one that immerses myself into TV relationships… but I do it while eating cheese mashed potatoes and green beans.

Katie — August 23, 2011 @ 11:50 am

I made these last night and they were so good. My 3 chicken breasts were huge so I added a little extra sauce and about 4 oz of cream cheese too. They were so good – worth the heartburn later :)

Tina — August 23, 2011 @ 12:57 pm

I’m in love. I’m kind of obsessed with all things baffalo flavored (and all things mexican) – so this little combo rocks my world! making this when I get back from new orleans!

• Tina — August 23rd, 2011 @ 12:57 pm

uhh i meant buffalo* hah

Nicole, RD — August 23, 2011 @ 1:38 pm

I gotta make these…hubby will love me forever!

jill — August 23, 2011 @ 5:54 pm

these look amazing!!! all of your recipes are so creative!

Amy @ ElephantEats — August 23, 2011 @ 6:58 pm

Mmmm, what a delicious take on enchiladas! I have to make these!!!

Gluten Free Confessions — August 23, 2011 @ 7:15 pm

YUM!!!

Audrey Ellen — August 23, 2011 @ 7:35 pm

Buffalo annnything, yes and YES!

Your picture of the ingredients at the top is gorge, (gorg? I never know how to spell the abbreviations that I’m saying…)

Marelize — August 23, 2011 @ 7:37 pm

I’m obsessed with buffalo chicken anything and you are making it worse….oy…

tara — August 23, 2011 @ 8:27 pm

YUM! That seriously looks amazing…and rather simple. Can’t wait to try it.

Kristin @ STUFT Mama — August 23, 2011 @ 8:32 pm

Holy moly buffalo chicken enchiladas! What a great idea! I can’t wait to try these! :) And I was just on your chocolate mint cupcake post. Yum!!!!! They’re so cute too! Mine never come out looking that cutie. :)

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — August 23, 2011 @ 11:31 pm

My hubby would *LOVE* this. Bookmarking it! :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — August 24, 2011 @ 11:35 am

I have come across quite a few recipes that use red enchilada sauce, and I can’t find the stuff anywhere :-(

Amy @ Saving with Us — August 24, 2011 @ 2:41 pm

My husband may want to marry you….or maybe he’ll just love me a little more after I make these tonight! These look delicious! I’m a buffalo chicken fan and he’s an enchilada fan so maybe this will make us both happy since he’s so dang food picky! Thanks for the recipe! =)

Chris — August 24, 2011 @ 4:22 pm

These look amazing! I’m a buffalo chicken fanatic. I can’t wait to try these!
    So glad I found your blog! =)

Leah — August 24, 2011 @ 9:44 pm

I love Ari and Dana together! She is so much better suited for him than his wife, who clearly is never going to be happy with anything that he does.

Also, Eric needs to show up at my door in that leather jacket like, yesterday. For reals.

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — August 27, 2011 @ 2:58 pm

those look awesome. I need to make something like this. stat. pronto. tonight…..ok probably not tonight seeing as how there’s a hurricane coming and all

Mehr — August 29, 2011 @ 9:38 pm

So, I usually hesitate to cook food based on recipes from blogs, but I’ve been following your blog for a while, and these looked SO irresistible, I had to try them (and this is my first time making enchiladas). They were out of this world!! :) I made them for a party of 20+ and every single person said these were the best enchiladas they had EVER had. So, I really want to thank you for a fabulous recipe!! :) I will surely be making more of your stuff!!

• Jessica — August 29th, 2011 @ 9:44 pm

Thank you! :)

eppie — August 30, 2011 @ 8:03 pm

Yum! I made these tonight and they were a hit with the hubby. We may even have enough for leftovers. We didn’t use the gorgonzola (hubby isn’t a fan) but he did ask for sour cream, a nice contrast to the spicy kick. A very tasty recipe, we will be making them again! Thanks!

Taryn @ Formal Fringe — September 3, 2011 @ 11:35 am

Oh a girl after my own heart! I love buffalo chicken ANYTHING. Thanks so much for the recipe–and just in time for football season! The boys are gonna love this one, I can already tell.

Caitlin — September 3, 2011 @ 4:10 pm

These look delicious! I am trying them (but with corn tortillas, we have to stick to traditional in this house or my husband has a fit…) thanks!