I can’t think

makes 2 big shakes

1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream

1/2 cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 ounces bourbon

1/2 cup hot fudge + 2 tablespoons

At the bottom of each glass, add 2-3 tablespoons of hot fudge. In a blender, combine milk, ice cream, vanilla extract, bourbon and about 1/4 cup of hot fudge. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses and top with bourbon whipped cream + a another tablespoon of hot fudge.

Note: hot fudge milkshakes have been one of my family’s summer staples my entire life. They are MUCH better than regular chocolate milkshakes, and I highly encourage you to try one sans bourbon too!

Bourbon Whipped Cream

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 tablespoon bourbon

1 tablespoon sugar

Whip ingredients together in an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Top shakes. [I used this neat thing my brother got me for Christmas one year.]

Pinterest is killing me.

103 Responses to “Hot Fudge Bourbon Milkshakes.”

Andrea — August 20, 2011 @ 9:48 am

How early do you get up to post these! haha It seems like every morning I get up, no matter what time, there is something new!!

• Jessica — August 20th, 2011 @ 10:04 am

Hahah, well I’m a morning person, so I’m usually up by 5-6 on weekdays and 6-7 on weekends, but I’m also on EST. :)

Stephanie M. — August 20, 2011 @ 9:49 am

I know! Pinterest is SO addicting! I need to pin this milkshake.

Fallon — August 20, 2011 @ 10:04 am

Ummm did you make an extra for me?? I’ve never have bourbon but something tells me I’d like this! LOL

Fallon — August 20, 2011 @ 10:05 am

Crap I can’t type in the AM. I have HAD bourbon.. not have!!

Fallon — August 20, 2011 @ 10:05 am

Really? I couldn’t correct my mistake the first time. I’ve never HAD bourbon. Good. Now I really think I need this drink to cool off.

Bev Weidner — August 20, 2011 @ 10:06 am

Um, I need to sit down. This has just shaken my soul innards and given them a massage.

Lauren — August 20, 2011 @ 10:08 am

Brothers…are the best. Your brilliance runs in the family!

Cait's Plate — August 20, 2011 @ 10:15 am

I need that Non-Aerosol Whipper in my life. Like. Yesterday.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — August 20, 2011 @ 10:24 am

I love alcohol in desserts…rum cake, bananas foster..I am a big fan

And bourbon milkshakes? Wow.

There is no better combo than getting semi tipsy off desserts/sugar. I mean, really…it just screams perfection :)

Michelle — August 20, 2011 @ 10:25 am

Jessica,
    Last night we made your Broiled Shrimp with Tomatoes and Brie OMG! I can’t stop thinking about it!
    SOOOOOOOO good !!. Pretty too. I would post a picture but that will have to wait till I get an I Phone!!!
    Next will be ( tonight in fact ) the mushroom pizza. Your pictures are beautiful! Keep ‘em coming. I tell everyone about your blog!

• Jessica — August 20th, 2011 @ 10:34 am

So glad you liked it!! :)

heather — August 20, 2011 @ 10:36 am

Bourbon whipped cream!? This is speaking to me in a very special way. Sublime!

Amy — August 20, 2011 @ 10:45 am

YUM.

Estela @ Weekly Bite — August 20, 2011 @ 10:54 am

Looks amazing!! Pinterest is the best :)

Erica — August 20, 2011 @ 11:06 am

Is it bad that i just want a bowl of that whipped cream?

Lyndsi @ Lyndsi and David — August 20, 2011 @ 11:08 am

Pinterest is amazing! I have so many things on my “recipe” board that I want to make, and my husband says I’m forcing him to eat the cookies and other desserts I’ve found on Pinterest. oh well :)

VeggieGirl — August 20, 2011 @ 11:11 am

This shake is mesmerizing.

Carlie — August 20, 2011 @ 11:14 am

This is completely healthy right? I mean, there’s milk in the whipped cream…so therefore I can justify it happening in my life, right about now…

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles — August 20, 2011 @ 11:21 am

These kind of desserts are perfect for a Friday night after a loooong work week ……or on a Wednesday to forget your worries….. :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) — August 20, 2011 @ 11:23 am

my jaw just dropped to the desk when i saw this. ouch. that hurt. i think i need a milkshake to make it all better!

Meg — August 20, 2011 @ 11:44 am

How did you not get nominated for Most Valuable Blogger in Pittsburgh??
    I just saw the contest online and would nominate you, but it’s past the deadline. Boo!

Love, love, love everything you do. I think everyone would agree you’re our MVB!

The Teenage Taste — August 20, 2011 @ 11:54 am

Oh my goodness, I should not be craving milkshakes before noon! I really shouldn’t be!

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — August 20, 2011 @ 12:14 pm

Hot Fudge Bourbon Milkshakes…it’s what’s for breakfast!
    My kids will love them! ;-)

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — August 20, 2011 @ 12:28 pm

ok this and that birthday cake martini…i want like now

Katie — August 20, 2011 @ 12:34 pm

The only thing that I can think of that would make this better is if you packed up these milkshakes and headed out to CO to sit by the pool with me today. Bring the puppy, mmmkay?

Marit — August 20, 2011 @ 12:34 pm

Your recipes always make me drool. This looks totally sinful and totally worth it. Yummm.

Bexx — August 20, 2011 @ 12:49 pm

I’m not that much of a sweet person but this looks and sounds amazing!

Melody — August 20, 2011 @ 1:23 pm

I need to find a way to make this vegan because OH MY GOSH it looks delicious!

Brad Theodore — August 20, 2011 @ 1:52 pm

Nothing better than Liquor and Dessert. Looks delicious! on my To-do list before summer ends.

CouponClippingCook — August 20, 2011 @ 2:09 pm

What a unique recipe. Sounds so good!

Kacey — August 20, 2011 @ 2:46 pm

This sounds so delicious. Just what my Saturday needs!

Morgan @ moments of mmm — August 20, 2011 @ 3:09 pm

YUM YUM YUM! I have yet to venture out and try some bourbon… What is your favorite kind? Maker’s Mark? Jim Beam?

JW — August 20, 2011 @ 4:14 pm

Pinterest mayyyy be the reason i do not complete my masters thesis…yet…i still love it.

marla {family fresh cooking} — August 20, 2011 @ 4:26 pm

A super fun grown up twist on milkshakes. Love that bourbon whip.

april — August 20, 2011 @ 5:25 pm

How did you know I was craving some good bourbon & something sweet?

Erin — August 20, 2011 @ 8:42 pm

How delicious looking. That dark fudge has my mouth watering!

Elysha — August 20, 2011 @ 8:53 pm

1. You have an awesome brother.
    2. That shake looks delectable.
    3. Pinterest is killing me, too. I love it.

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — August 20, 2011 @ 10:24 pm

Yeah, me neither. In fact, I can’t think of anything while looking at these…..I’m speechless, except it’s in my mind.

Arbine — August 20, 2011 @ 10:27 pm

I’m totally addicted to Pinterest. I love looking at all the pretty things. Then I get sad cause I don’t have those pretty things. So I go and bake something and it makes me feel better.

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — August 20, 2011 @ 11:41 pm

I need to check out pinterest. I keep meaning to do it…but then forget. My gosh, these look amazing!

Angela — August 20, 2011 @ 11:44 pm

How fabulous!! Looks amazing

Cookin' Canuck — August 21, 2011 @ 12:14 am

Oh, help me! These look absolutely irresistible.

Mackenzie@The Caramel Cookie — August 21, 2011 @ 9:17 am

Are these acceptable for breakfast :)?

And I waste waaaaaaay too much time on pinterest. SO addictive!

Anita — August 21, 2011 @ 12:10 pm

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn. I’ve always preferred my bourbon with something sweet – ESPECIALLY CHOCOLATE. My husband has been sober just over 6 months. I’m so TORN! Wonder if I could get him to go out of town for a weekend??? lol

Lana @ Never Enough Thyme — August 21, 2011 @ 2:12 pm

OMG. This is going in my blender right now. Then in a tall glass which I will enjoy while sitting on the back porch in the swing.

Stacy @ Say It With Sprinkles — August 21, 2011 @ 3:31 pm

Chocolate + Bourbon = Love!

Katrina — August 21, 2011 @ 4:08 pm

This just blew my mind. Like, away.

Jen — August 21, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

Please make a Kahlua milkshake. Like, now. When I was a kid, I was obsessed with Kahlua and milk. My brother even liked to drizzle it on ice cream. Suhhh guuuddd. I don’t think I even need to defend the “kid” part of this story. I’ve read your blog. You make margaritas in the morning. ;)

Tres Delicious — August 21, 2011 @ 8:54 pm

Fabulous! So rich and creamy bourbon. Perhaps I can drizzle it on cereals. I love the looks of it as a refreshing shake.

Ann — August 21, 2011 @ 9:04 pm

Oh, this is FABULOUS! I love hot-fudge in anything…

what katie's baking — August 22, 2011 @ 12:53 am

oh dear LORD this looks so yummy

1. Pingback: Sunday Summary August 21, 2011 | Clare Cooks!

2. Pingback: Sunday Summary August 21, 2011 « Clare Cooks!

3. Pingback: Design Crush » Hot Fudge Bourbon Milkshake

4. Pingback: {Weekly Roundup} | Fab Over Fifty Style Blog

5. Pingback: Hot File Preview » bourbon

6. Pingback: Yesterday was Thursday. « Girl of Cardigan

7. Pingback: Link Roundup « 52 Foods

8. Pingback: Miss Moss : Food & Art

9. Pingback: Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms | How Sweet It Is

10. Pingback: Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms. | Lifestyle Pins

11. Pingback: Round Up: Ice Cream & Alcohol | Pink Basil

12. Pingback: Tuesday Things. | How Sweet It Is

13. Pingback: Tuesday Things. | Lifestyle Pins

14. Pingback: Tuesday Things. » A Bowl Full Of Blogs

15. Pingback: Maple Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops. | How Sweet It Is

16. Pingback: 26 Boozy Milkshakes That Know How To Party | シ最愛遲到.!

17. Pingback: Food – 26 Boozy Milkshakes That Know How To Party | Everything Cool

18. Pingback: T.G.I.F. #5 |

19. Pingback: Roasted Cherry Bourbon Milkshakes with Hot Fudge | How Sweet It Is

20. Pingback: Roasted Cherry Bourbon Milkshakes with Hot Fudge.

21. Pingback: Cocktails and Movies presents “Take Out Theatre”: The Perks of Being A Wallflower | Cocktails And Movies

22. Pingback: Yesterday was Thursday. - Girl of Cardigan - Girl of Cardigan - building a life on the loveliness of good yarn, a great city, and an uncontainable God

23. Pingback: Holidays Part 2 |