It FINALLY popped up in my Trader Joe’s.

Now what the heck should I do with it?

[P.S. I'm not holding out on you by hoarding my TJ purchases. I only got boring stuff, like hamburger buns and apples. Oh, and THAT ABOVE!!]

111 Responses to “Look What I Found!”

danielle — August 24, 2011 @ 6:10 pm

toast, oatmeal, ice cream, on top of cookies, mail to me…

carly {carlyklock} — August 24, 2011 @ 6:10 pm

Definitely going to have to keep an eye out for this here in KC!

• Malia — August 24th, 2011 @ 6:33 pm

they have had for a few weeks in KC, I saw it at both Leawood and on Ward Parkway. Check the shelf on the back wall!

Shanna — August 24, 2011 @ 6:11 pm

Mental note to order a case.

janetha — August 24, 2011 @ 6:12 pm

I am sure you will do something amazing with it. Or just sprinkle it on your bacon.

carly {carlyklock} — August 24, 2011 @ 6:12 pm

P.S. I think this would be great on the rim of a yummy cocktail. Let my true colors shine.

Corbett — August 24, 2011 @ 6:13 pm

When you figure it out let me know. All I’ve figured out is how to grind it in my mouth.

Lindsay — August 24, 2011 @ 6:13 pm

That would make amazing whipped cream!

Frances — August 24, 2011 @ 6:14 pm

Garnish for cookies! Garnish for coffee. Like sprinkles on cupcakes. or on top of ice cream. Or all of the above.

Amy Boyett — August 24, 2011 @ 6:14 pm

I don’t have a Trader Joe’s!!!!! How will I live. Omg, I want those so badly!

Lisa — August 24, 2011 @ 6:19 pm

I dunno – but I bought it too!!

Lindsey — August 24, 2011 @ 6:19 pm

Open top & grind delicious sugary, coffee & chocolaty goodness into mouth for 25 minutes & repeat til desired consistency/sugar/caffeine coma has been attained. =)

Erica — August 24, 2011 @ 6:21 pm

Hmm grind on top of a sweet bread before baking??

Brandi H — August 24, 2011 @ 6:23 pm

Ooh, I wish we had Trader Joe’s!! That would be so much fun to experiment with! Wonder if I could find it on Amazon… hmmm….

april — August 24, 2011 @ 6:24 pm

I made some caramel cupcakes with caramel buttercream last wk & this would have been great on top for sprinkles

Leah @ Why Deprive? — August 24, 2011 @ 6:26 pm

Oh, you wont regret it! So far I’ve learned its good on oatmeal, ice cream and yogurt. Its also good if you just grind it straight into your mouth.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — August 24, 2011 @ 6:31 pm

Ive been on that bandwagon for about 3 months. LOVE IT!! Glad you got it!

MissDelish — August 24, 2011 @ 6:32 pm

I bought this a few weeks ago and kind of forgot about it (I’m in shock.) I’ll be checking your site for ideas!

Ashleigh — August 24, 2011 @ 6:33 pm

On top of whip cream in coffee!! On buttered toast. On top of vanilla bean frosting. I have been wondering when you’d post about this…can’t wait to see what you come up with. Happy grinding! (that sounds strange. Oh well. You know what I mean).

• Jessica — August 24th, 2011 @ 6:45 pm

I would’ve posted about it earlier had I been able to find it! I seriously have driven the 45 mins to my TJ’s multiple times a week just looking for it!

Holly — August 24, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

I grinded it alllllllll over a loaf of banana bread before I put it in the oven. YUM

Ellie — August 24, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

I get the Trader Joe’s frozen steel cut oatmeal and lavish this stuff on it. I’m on my 2nd bottle in 2 weeks. I’m an addict. OMG. They scared me the other day and moved it away from the grinders and next to the coffee. I’m OK with that now that I know where it is…I’m grabbing SEVERAL jars next trip.

Three-Cookies — August 24, 2011 @ 6:40 pm

Maybe not sugar, chocolate and coffee beans together.

Ashli — August 24, 2011 @ 6:41 pm

YUUUUUUUMMMM! I’m going tomorrow to scout for some of that! DEEEElish!
    On toast??? On vanilla cupcakes?

Urban Wife — August 24, 2011 @ 6:43 pm

I didn’t know such a thing of beauty existed. Too bad the nearest Trader Joe’s is oh, about 356 miles away! Le sigh.

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles — August 24, 2011 @ 6:44 pm

I want this NOW!!!!!! (…..screaming like a 4 year old in the toy isle!)

Cait's Plate — August 24, 2011 @ 6:49 pm

OH MY GOSH!! That is seriously the most exciting thing ever!!!!

Keelie (SweatEqualsSuccess) — August 24, 2011 @ 6:58 pm

Holy Moly. Tilt back head, open mouth, place grinder directly over, and twist.

Michelle — August 24, 2011 @ 7:03 pm

I’d just grind it into my mouth. And maybe put it on every kind of cupcake there is.

Taylor — August 24, 2011 @ 7:04 pm

I think you should bake up some mocha brownies, then grind on an obscene amount of this magical sugar dust, and then broil it in the oven until the sugar melts. Then you’ve got a crunchy/coffee/chocolate/almost caramelized topped rich fudgy mocha-y brownie. Um yes please I’ll have 12.

Kelly — August 24, 2011 @ 7:04 pm

I blogged this a couple weeks ago. My favorite use so far is over plain vanilla bean ice cream.

Caroline @ chocolate & carrots — August 24, 2011 @ 7:05 pm

Sugar-Chocolate-Coffee-Bean Toast….made like cinnamon toast. :-)

ddemos — August 24, 2011 @ 7:08 pm

I put a few twists in my coffee…yum.

It also is a god topping for plain greek yogurt w/ some vanilla extract in it…

• ddemos — August 24th, 2011 @ 7:09 pm

um…’god’? Maybe…but for sure…’good’

Kimiko — August 24, 2011 @ 7:10 pm

What!?!?! I just went to Trader Joes two days ago and didn’t see this. I’m going to have to look again. I bet this would look nice grinded over a frosted cupcake. In fact, my mom has a KILLER coffee crunch cake recipe…basically fancied up devils food cake, with a whipped cream/coffee frosting, and homemade coffee candy crushed and crumbled on top. I’m going to have to try it with this stuff!

• Jessica — August 24th, 2011 @ 7:19 pm

Mine JUST started carrying it! Others have had it for a few months!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — August 24, 2011 @ 7:15 pm

Thanks for reminding me that I can’t have that grinder. Who the heck puts wheat in a spice grinder!?!? WTF!

• Jessica — August 24th, 2011 @ 7:19 pm

OMG you are going to think I am SUCH a creep, but at the store when I looked at the ingredients, I was absolutely shocked that was in there and then thought about you and how you couldn’t have it. I’m so weird.

• chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — August 24th, 2011 @ 8:14 pm

OMG I do not think you a creep – that made me love you about 10913098120938210938247038123x more.

Ida — August 24, 2011 @ 7:19 pm

I love it ground over greek yogurt and oatmeal. I am sure you will come up with something much more creative though!

Kim in MD — August 24, 2011 @ 7:24 pm

My TJ’s doesn’t carry this yet, but I will on the look out for it! I am shocked that it contains wheat (per the above comment and response from you). Why add wheat to sugar, coffee and chocolate???

• Jessica — August 24th, 2011 @ 7:40 pm

I know!! I’m thinking it has to be something to keep the stuff preserved and grindable maybe?? And Kim! I was just thinking about you. Wait until you see the recipe I made tomorrow using the cook’s illustrated cookies!

• Kim in MD — August 24th, 2011 @ 9:10 pm

Can I just confess right now that I won’t be able to sleep well tonight thinking about what recipe you are posting tomorrow morning? Hmmm…I am trying to guess what it will be! Be still my heart! ;-)

Christa — August 24, 2011 @ 7:30 pm

I saw this a couple weeks ago and asked my sister what to do with it. her suggestion: poundcake. my addition: ice cream :)

Claire — August 24, 2011 @ 7:40 pm

A garnish for a Chocolate-Coffee Cream Milkshake! Or maybe as a sugar-rimmed Espresso Martini! I need to buy this glorious find.

RhodeyGirl — August 24, 2011 @ 7:49 pm

What is its purpose?

• Jessica — August 24th, 2011 @ 8:25 pm

That’s what I’m trying to figure out!

Kelly — August 24, 2011 @ 8:02 pm

Very exciting!!! Can’t wait to see what you make with it!

Katie — August 24, 2011 @ 8:18 pm

I had no idea something like this existed! Holy heck, I say just grind it into your mouth.

Lizzi — August 24, 2011 @ 8:18 pm

Step 1: place inside a box/padded envelope.
    Step 2: write my address on it.
    Step 3: visit your local post office and instruct them to the aforementioned address.
    Step 4: sit back, relax, and know that you have made me very, very happy.

Stephanie — August 24, 2011 @ 8:29 pm

Those look so awesome. I must have.

Now I wonder where in Canada I could find them? Must go on a mission!

jessica — August 24, 2011 @ 8:30 pm

WHAT. As if I wasn’t angry enough that there is no TJ in my area, let alone my entire STATE (FL). That I’m aware of…

WHEN OH WHEN WILL TJ Make it over here?!?!?!?

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — August 24, 2011 @ 8:45 pm

well although I cant have this right now because of show prep (WAH) the man at trader joes told me that it is insanely delicious on buttered toast!

Tiffany — August 24, 2011 @ 8:51 pm

I’ve used that in so much stuff–ground into my coffee, on top of french toast/pancakes, in brownie mix, yogurt…

Erin — August 24, 2011 @ 9:08 pm

Sugar chocolate coffee cookie dough ice cream!!!

-Erin’s husband (after a couple a’ beers)[but still a good idea]

Jess @ littlegirlbigappetite.com — August 24, 2011 @ 9:11 pm

Everything! It’s fantastic on oatmeal and ice cream!

Carie — August 24, 2011 @ 9:57 pm

Damn it!! Now I have to go to TJs.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — August 24, 2011 @ 9:57 pm

I love all of their novelty items. I wish we had one closer!

Tanya — August 24, 2011 @ 10:15 pm

Funny you should mention this, my MiL picked this up the other week for me. She said she saw it while at Trader Joe’s (she practically lives at the place :) ) and thought of me–I thought that was sweet. I’m not sure what to do with it either. I’ve added it to the top of some muffins though. Still searching for the perfect match for it though.

1. Pingback: Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie Bread | How Sweet It Is