1. I definitely still make up dances in my head to popular songs (like this one)… and I want to teach people my dances. Like we’re 8 years old again. I figured it was time to come clean.

2. The new cast of Dancing with the Starts makes me want to bash my head against a wall. Really because I just want to see George Clooney shake his hips. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?! Except I’m sort of giddy that Kristen Cavallari is on because the only thing better than The Hills is reruns of Laguna Beach.

3. My mom made this decadent cinnamon roll cake over the weekend with the creamiest frosting ever. Even after it overflowed in her oven it still tasted like heaven. I know you want the recipe, but it’s totally from a box. Mmmm. It’s taken all my restraint to not go over there and smash my face directly into it.

4. I didn’t watch the VMAs in real time since I’m a Sunday night HBO slave, but as I started to watch the replay afterwards, I saw some guy singing and grooving and stuff at the beginning… and all I could think was… why don’t I know who this is? Am I that out of touch with my generation? I’ve seriously never heard anything about this guy and he is opening the VMAs? How do I not recognize this guy? I think this song should probably be on my iPod for the elliptical. Man I really am a dork. Who IS this?

5. I’m not even joking about the above. And what’s worse is that I didn’t even figure it out until noon yesterday.

6. Token Bella shot.

Still completely edible.

66 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Krissy @ Make It Naked — August 30, 2011 @ 4:04 pm

I have Laguna Beach on DVD. But I didn’t buy it for myself…does that make it better?

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — August 30, 2011 @ 4:05 pm

SO adorable! My pup’s name is Bella too, but she’s way past puppy stage. I chose the VMAs over my Sunday night HBO and I was disappointed.

Nicole S. — August 30, 2011 @ 4:05 pm

I’d love to know the recipe anyway!

• lilschilly — August 30th, 2011 @ 5:41 pm

I would love to get this recipe as well :)

• Jessica H — August 31st, 2011 @ 7:09 pm

Me too!! Please post! My husband would be in heaven.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — August 30, 2011 @ 4:05 pm

Moms & grandmas have a way of making the creamiest, best, most delicious frosting ever. That cake looks amazing.

And bella, too cute!

I have plenty of Kristen Cavallari stories! :)

WenDee Riffe — August 30, 2011 @ 4:06 pm

so–think i am gonna make this cake for my sis~~its her bday 2mro!!! what ya’ think???

ddemos — August 30, 2011 @ 4:06 pm

Oh that perfect puppy face…

But no sweetie…you don’t want to see Clooney dance…He wouldn’t be good at all,(don’t ask me how I know, I just do) and then we would both have that embarrassed thing every time we saw him in a movie. I couldn’t bear that…

sarahsaysrun — August 30, 2011 @ 4:09 pm

The man was Lady Gaga!!! I know, it totally threw me off and now i’m just perplexed not understanding why Gaga went off the deep end and performed as a man at the VMAs. First the mean dress and now she’s a man?

• Jessica — August 30th, 2011 @ 4:10 pm

What I didn’t understand was that she stayed as a man THE ENTIRE TIME. Ha!

• Heather — August 30th, 2011 @ 4:15 pm

i did not watch the VMAs, but i totally just stalked your comments waiting for someone to tell me the answer.

• sarahsaysrun — August 30th, 2011 @ 4:18 pm

I was also thrilled that Britney would not kiss her when she accepted the award from Gaga saying, “i’ve done that before!”. Brit brit is finally growing up!

• TrishR — August 30th, 2011 @ 4:18 pm

Heather – Me TOO!!!! HA!

• Stephanie — August 30th, 2011 @ 7:01 pm

I totally just did that too!

• ally@girlVfood — August 30th, 2011 @ 6:49 pm

The male character is her male alter-ego, Jo Calderone! Beyonce has Sasha Fierce, Lady GaGa has Jo. And she dressed up as him for her new video…it’s a way of telling a love story without really acknowledging the guy “You and I” is really about (that dude she’s dating now).

Suffice to say I know way too much about La GaGa. I’m obsessed.

sarah k @ the pajama chef — August 30, 2011 @ 4:11 pm

that cake looks awesome, even it is from a box. yum!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — August 30, 2011 @ 4:14 pm

I love your randomness – it always makes me smile :)

Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life — August 30, 2011 @ 4:16 pm

Bella is SOOOO adorable! I’m just as giddy as you Kristin is on Dancing with the Stars! She was the one person I was excited about!

Katie — August 30, 2011 @ 4:19 pm

I want to take a nap in Bella’s soft fluffy fur. Also, I don’t even get MTV – so I’m dorkier (or more grandma-ish) than you are.

Julie H. of Sprinach and Sprinkles — August 30, 2011 @ 4:26 pm

I’m out of touch with my generation…. no worries. :) ….I still haven’t watched the VMA’s, in fact I didn’t know they were on. OOps!

Cait's Plate — August 30, 2011 @ 4:26 pm

I’m so with you on the VMAs. I was actually ON the elliptical while catching glimpses of it and I was just like “either I’m REALLY old or just completely out of touch because I definitely don’t know any of these people!”

Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life — August 30, 2011 @ 4:26 pm

Hahaha why is The Hills and Laguna Beach so entoxicating?!?!?! She was the only one on next seasons DWTS that sort of made my smile too!

mrsblocko — August 30, 2011 @ 4:31 pm

I totally do that make up dances in my head thing to songs, except I cannot dance at all so if I even attempted to do them I’d look like someone dumped ice down the back of my pants. Do kids these days still wanna be Music video dancers like all the kids in my neighborhood did growing up. Prob not. I bet they all wanna be reality tv stars these days instead.

Tiffy — August 30, 2011 @ 4:32 pm

Love. That song now. Wtf. I myself have been trying to distance myself from popular media, not for any other purpose than just to get stuff done (lol). So this was a nice inclusion to current pop culture, hurrah!

Sarah — August 30, 2011 @ 4:42 pm

I just discovered the Hills again on Netflix on demand, and some of the Laguna Beach episodes….yeah for guilty pleasures! Bella needs to stop growing up soooooo fast….she is so freaking cute!

Tracy Dolan — August 30, 2011 @ 4:57 pm

Wow… I have to say that I am thrilled that other people feel that way about Kristen Cavallari, too. She fascinates me and I’m sure I’m too old to be fascinated by such a young thing. Glad I’m not alone in that. Bella is scrumptious… much like how that cinnamon cake looks!

Cookbook Queen — August 30, 2011 @ 5:05 pm

I want to like Kristen, but I always think about the whole Justin Bobby thing. Homeboy wore combat boots to the beach. And she still wanted to steal him from Audrina? Gag.

And what mix is this cinnamon roll cake from??? My life will not be complete until I know.

• Jessica — August 30th, 2011 @ 8:48 pm

Betty Crocker decadent cinnamon!

Deanna — August 30, 2011 @ 5:09 pm

I think we have the same mind when it comes to old MTV shows. First you read my mind with Newlyweds, now LAGUNA!! They need a reunion show/series…like tomorrow.

Sandy — August 30, 2011 @ 5:30 pm

I need that cinnamon roll cake recipe now! Who cares if it came from a box? What box and where do I get one?

• Jessica — August 30th, 2011 @ 8:48 pm

It was Betty Crocker decadent cinnamon!

Dawn — August 30, 2011 @ 5:35 pm

Don’t feel bad about the VMA’s. I could not watch Sunday because we were without power. I watched it this morning with my daughter and I know a lot of the songs but have no idea what the poeple look like. I guess that is because I am old…lol

Jen — August 30, 2011 @ 5:37 pm

Bella is so cuuute! And seriously, I was a lot older than 8 when I stopped making up dances. No shame. The only reason I don’t do it anymore is because the apartment I live in now doesn’t have mirrored closet doors. Otherwise, I would be making up dances in my room everyday. Maybe you can just YouTube yours so I can learn them.

Laura — August 30, 2011 @ 5:50 pm

I have Laguna Beach on DVD. Also – was in Paris last week and became entranced by “The Hills” dubbed in French. It was amazing and hysterical. French should have been Spencer’s first language.

• Jessica — August 30th, 2011 @ 8:47 pm

This made my night.

lindsay — August 30, 2011 @ 6:24 pm

is that really from a box? Or just the frosting? Either way, kudos to your mom! Look just perfect and so does sweet Bella.
    ;)

• Jessica — August 30th, 2011 @ 8:47 pm

Yep definitely from a box. :) The frosting was homemade though!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — August 30, 2011 @ 6:33 pm

I assume you’re referring to Lady Gaga???? The man stunt was weird-even for her. And that cake looks fabulous!!! Sometimes out of the box is the way to go!

• Jessica — August 30th, 2011 @ 8:47 pm

Hahah yes I sure was.

Jil @ Big City, Lil' Kitchen — August 30, 2011 @ 6:57 pm

That cake looks divine. Yum – and Bella is too cute!

Miranda — August 30, 2011 @ 7:00 pm

that dog is ADORABLE!!! I have 2 golden retrievers also and they are the cutest when they are puppies! I am excited for David Arquette and Hope Solo on DWTSs but was disappointed with quite a few of the others…

Becca @ Cook, Rejoice, Repeat — August 30, 2011 @ 7:02 pm

Confession: When I read “token Bella shot,” I was like, “No! Nooooo! Team Real Life!” But then I saw that you meant a dog, not a character who seems to spend most of her screen time with her mouth slightly ajar. And that made me feel so much better.

Love the cinnamon cake, by the way. And since cinnamon rolls are often served for breakfast, couldn’t this cake logically fill the same role?

• Jessica — August 30th, 2011 @ 8:46 pm

hahaha oh definitely not, I can’t stand twilight.

NaomiI(onefitfoodie) — August 30, 2011 @ 7:27 pm

<3 you

Fallon — August 30, 2011 @ 7:51 pm

hahaha.. I couldn’t believe that was Lady Gaga as well. I kept going back and forth.. is that gaga? No that is someone else, maybe her boyfriend? Then they started to sing and it sounded like Gaga and I’m like oh lord.. she is pretending to be a man tonight!!

Jess@atasteofconfidence — August 30, 2011 @ 8:02 pm

Love those reruns, too. Guilty pleasure:)

Sara @ Baking & Biking — August 30, 2011 @ 8:24 pm

I totally made up dances to songs when I was 8 years old. Or 18. Whatever. :) PS Bella is a cutie.

Lindsay @ biking before bed — August 30, 2011 @ 8:42 pm

Making up dances was the best… The best one I did was to baby got back. I still almost bust a move every time I hear it.

Hannah — August 30, 2011 @ 10:05 pm

I love Laguna Beach too! And I also didn’t know who the guy was performing at the VMAs and I knew she was opening for the show lol

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — August 30, 2011 @ 11:46 pm

I totally want to make up dances too!!! Hehe – I am trying to get some friends (a group of about 10 guys and girls) to break into a choreographed dance during a song at our friends wedding reception. I think it would be hilarious.

Ali B — August 31, 2011 @ 12:21 am

We had to get my golden a horse lead for a leash because he kept chewing through his other ones. The picture of Bella reminds me of that :)

Nat - The Precious Things — August 31, 2011 @ 12:58 am

Bella is absolutely adorable! Love the leash… where did you get it from?

• Jessica — August 31st, 2011 @ 6:43 am

Not sure – it “came with her” haha. My mom’s friend who owns the mother gave it to her.

Amanda — August 31, 2011 @ 7:10 am

I never watch DWTS, but I might now that KC is on. I MISS Laguna Beach and the Hills something fierce!! :)

Karen — August 31, 2011 @ 9:47 am

@Jessica – I soooo want to snuggle with your puppy!!! She’s so stinking cute!! I missed the VMAs this year, but I’m pretty sure watching Lady Gaga dressed as a dude was something I could miss and not regret it.

rose — August 31, 2011 @ 10:59 am

love the hills…. love LC!! don’t like KC at allll though…but did love laguna.
    i make up dances all the time… i taught dance for years, just to be able to do this :) seriously… and i make them up whenever i am on the elliptical at the gym blasting 90′s dance mixes…. yeah. cool… i know.

• Jessica — August 31st, 2011 @ 12:10 pm

I love LC too, she was by far my favorite. I wish SHE was on DWTS!

Rachel C — August 31, 2011 @ 11:44 am

Maybe I missed this in previous posts, but are you obsessed with True Blood? I am obsessed! Please talk more about it in the crumbs section and couple that with Trader Joe’s purchases and I will be a happy camper! And if this is the case with TB, will you make a theme meal for the finale? :)

• Jessica — August 31st, 2011 @ 12:08 pm

OH YES. I have been watching it since the first episode. Like literally. FOUR years ago – the first episode. I am fanatical about it. :)

Becky — August 31, 2011 @ 12:20 pm

Your blog cracks me up! Thank you so much for having such a witty sense of humor! It’s definitely the only email I’m excited to open every morning!! :) You should get your own food network show!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — August 31, 2011 @ 6:59 pm

I made cupcakes this weekend using that same cake mix. SO. GOOD. Mmmm, and with cream cheese frosting. DIE.

Caroline — August 31, 2011 @ 8:04 pm

Golden Retriever puppies are seriously the cutest. That face! My golden is almost 12 years old, but still cute as ever. Oh, and that cinnamon roll cake looks divine.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — September 1, 2011 @ 12:56 pm

Apparently we need to teach each other our dances because I sitll make them up too. True story.

Jill — September 2, 2011 @ 1:57 pm

Ste-vennnn! Laguna and The Hills…never missed an episode!

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — September 3, 2011 @ 9:31 pm

Bella is so purty! And I make up dances too! Except I always end up with the Macarena. (I’m kidding….about Macarena….kinda)