Weird… right?

Anyhoo.

I’m a big scent person. The most delicate whiff of toasted coconut makes me think of baking thumbprints with Mother Lovett at Christmas time, and when I come across one of those old school perfume kiosk things in a Walgreens or drug store I always search out White Diamonds because my mom used to wear it when I was little.

When Bath and Body Works opened up in our mall (um, I still remember this) I was fanatical. I don’t even know if I was 10 years old yet, but my best friend and I would practically beg our moms to take us, then we would come home and videotape ourselves making a TV show with our purchases.

I’ve always favored fruity, vanilla, coconutty or musk scented products, as anything with the slightest hint of florals makes me sneeze 63 times in a row. And thats only if I’ve taken my Claritin.

My first big girl perfume was Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden… oh dear, was I ever obsessed. I’m pretty sure Sunflowers began the whole 90s obsession with actual sunflowers for me. I may or may be hoarding half a bottle in my dresser drawer just because I like to smell it occasionally and be transported back to the 6th grade when I work silk shirts. Along with my straw hat with a big, poofy sunflower in the center… that I never put on.

In college and the few years following, I dabbled in Armani Mania, Armani Emporio,  Dior Hypnotic Poison, Dolce and Gabbana The One, Hanae Mori and Vera Wang Princess. Some young adults dabbled in drugs… I stocked up on perfume. I don’t think I ever bought the same bottle of perfume twice as I bore extremely easily, until Chanel Allure. The 2nd bottle is still sitting half full on my dresser too. Old habits die hard… but I occasionally still wear it.

The past few years I found my signature fragrances, and am still in lust in Prada and Burberry Brit. If these are even discontinued, I will cry cry cry.

I’m currently on bottles 4 and 5 of both, but since I can’t just stick to one scent, I switch them up – sometimes every day, sometimes every week or even month.

I’m not a huge fan of body sprays – I find that most of them have an alcoholy smell, the scent never lasts, and I don’t like smelling like a 14 year old girl. But I usually keep one on hand for in the car or after the gym – and that’s what this little bottle is replacing now. [BTW, many of you were asking about those Tokyo Milk products from last week’s post – I got mine in a little boutique in Michigan, so check out the website and store locator!] In high school, I was obsessed with Victoria’s Secret Amber Romance and Love Spell, and both of those scents remind me of friday night football and the like.

So now I’m wondering what scents you love + wear, and the ones that transport your back in time, like how my mom wore Passion in the 80s. That reminds me of big hair and shoulder pads… which my mom still stuffs in her tops.

Mr. How Sweet wears Burberry Touch – he’s been wearing that since we met. Every time he tries to switch I throw a complete conniption and make him buy a new bottle of Touch. If that isn’t love, I don’t know what is. SO… tell me about your scent!

252 Responses to “What I Smell Like.”

Jackie — August 15, 2011 @ 5:55 pm

I’ve been wearing Acqua di Gio (by Armani) since college…that was 1996. That’s by FAR the longest I’ve ever stuck with a perfume. I adore it so much! I’m pretty sure I’ll never get sick of it. I was wearing it the day I met my husband, the day we got married and will continue to do so!

I’m embarrassed to admit it but the fragrance I wear most frequently after Acqua di Gio is Just Me! by *hangs head* Paris Hilton. My sister gave it to me because she didn’t like it…I do, though!

Sunflowers & Escape make my head hurt and make me nauseated. I don’t know why. Another sister of mine, of course, came to love both of them. Blargh!

Liz Pinelo — August 15, 2011 @ 6:00 pm

Ok weird thing Sunflower was the first perfume I EVER owned. It was my favorite perfume throughout my entire childhood.

Erin — August 15, 2011 @ 6:00 pm

My ex bf used to wear BB Touch and I still deeply crave the scent but I’m afraid to give it my new guy in fear that it won’t smell the same and it will ruin it for me. I wear Bulgari white and jade

Jenni — August 15, 2011 @ 6:01 pm

Lol Sunflowers was my first perfume too! I also had a thing for Clinique Happy in high school. Now it’s Armani White when I wear perfume, but haven’t gone perfume shopping in a long time…

Morgan W — August 15, 2011 @ 6:02 pm

I have a few that are my absolute favorites and I haven’t wavered in quite a few years! Pleasures Exotic – It is a citrusy scent that is so clean and light. Lancome Miracle – Just lovely and feminine. CK1 – My husband calls it my cologne, but it is must wear for me. It is fresh and clean and not fruity or floral at all. Who cares that men can wear it too! :)

Jenny — August 15, 2011 @ 6:15 pm

Fun post! I think there is a strong correlation between loving food and loving fragrance. My favorites for warm weather are Versace Versense and Elizabeth Arden Beyond Paradise. Cold weather, it’s Anna Sui (the original), YSL Parisienne. If you like coconut, try the new Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude. So good, going to get that one next.

Mia — August 15, 2011 @ 6:23 pm

I have had many fragrances over the years, mainly given to me as presents, and while I liked most of them I would be like you just interchanging them depending on my mood. My favorites would probably be channel N.5, CK one, Kenzo Flower. (Now that I remember I think I quite liked the Kenzo, but I never actually bought another once it finished…maybe I just had too many perfumes to use up; or maybe I just got so used to getting them as presents that I never actually bough one for myself) .

A couple of years ago I found MY perfume, again it was given to me as a present, and I just fell totally for it. It’s Gucci’s Rush and I just love it. Not used any other fragrance since then, I am on my second bottle and already have a third waiting. Shocking, I know.. but someone got me a perfume (another present..yes I know) and I just had to go and switch it – I knew I would never use it – because I am so totally in to this one.
    If any of you stops by a perfume shop tomorrow go and try it on yourselves, it is awesome ;)

• Marci Johnson — August 15th, 2011 @ 9:05 pm

Oh my Gucci Rush is my favorite as well and it is so hard to find and I am out of it… :(

Brittney — August 15, 2011 @ 6:25 pm

We are perfume twins! I love Prada and wear it every other day. I alternate it with Calvin Klein Euphoria. I got a sample of Prada at Saks a few years ago and have been obsessed with it ever since.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — August 15, 2011 @ 6:29 pm

Omg I love this post!!

“In high school, I was obsessed with Victoria’s Secret Amber Romance and Love Spell, and both of those scents remind me of friday night football and the like.”

LOL!!! That’s what anything Abercrombie smells like to me. As does anything Polo for men or Hugo Boss is college and frat boys. Just sayin.

Prada and Burberry. You have excellent taste.

Gucci Rush, Chanel Allure and half the fragrance counter from Nordstrom is in my bathroom :)

And for bodyspray, there are a few from B &BWorks that are decent and also Victoria’s Secret Bombshell and Bombshell SUMMER are really good, and no 14 yr old thing going on :)

rose — August 15, 2011 @ 6:31 pm

i am really into perfumes!!
    right now i’m wearing Anna Sui’s Secret Wish really fresh i’ve been using it for years now, Tokyo Milk Dead Sexy musky and vanilla-ey i loove it, and Perfect Perfume Veil its kinda vanilla, baby powder and citrus really light and sweet..
    have had soo many! used to wear Givenchy Hot Couture in high school and still reminds me of being 15 and old boyfriends and stuff.. i also was obsessed with victoria secret love spell in middle school too! don’t like body sprays anymore at all..
    used to have Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile, Miss Dior Cherie, Coco Mademoiselle…. etc etc etc!!

my granny always wore Chanel Number 5 and it will always remind me of her, and her classic and incredible sense of style!
    love talking perfume :)

ducky — August 15, 2011 @ 6:41 pm

I used to flirt with Dior’s Poison, and I loved – get this! – Love’s Baby Soft! It struck me as innocent for some reason! My current favorite is Coty’s Dark Vanilla. It’s got the familiar warmth of vanilla, but a sensuous dark side, too. Love it!!

Leah — August 15, 2011 @ 6:47 pm

My Mom was into perfume when I was young, so I got started early. I still remember the thrill when my parents got me Coco by Chanel (parfum, not eau de toilette) for Christmas when I was 17. I still love it but keep it more because I’m extremely sentimental. =)
    I spent a lot of time in Paloma Picasso, RL Pure Romance & Guerlain’s Champs Elysees.
    If I’m feeling a little wild I wear the Kai perfume oil or LulaMae by LuLu. When I am just my normal self (or want to feel like my glamorous alter ego) I wear Bulgari pour femme/
    My Dad has ALWAYS (I think since birth) worn Aramis & my Mom graduated from White Shoulders to several spicy scents finally alternating between Guerlain’s Mitsuoko & the Paloma (yes, that she stole from me).
    My (otherwise wonderful) husband isn’t crazy about fragrance & dislikes all the ones I would love on him. We ‘compromised’ on Calvin Klein’s Contradiction for him. However, he cooks amazing meals for me, so I’ve learned to deal. <3

Andrea@Vegvacious — August 15, 2011 @ 6:55 pm

First perfume I ever owned was Exclamation! I was so mad because my little sister and I both got it for Christmas one year and we were in the phase when she copied everything I did. Highschool brings back memories of CK Obsession and Eternity. Do you remember when they used to have the sample vials in magazines — I swear I had one of every perfume you could possibly find – I probably smelled like a street walker half the time hahaha! Good memories!!!

Samantha — August 15, 2011 @ 6:57 pm

OH boy am I addicted to perfume. Hands down addicted! There are certain scents that remind me of my friends so I stay away from them because I dont want to take my memories of them away by covering myself in it (weird, I know). Even though I jump around a lot with perfumes (I have about oh 7 bottles I am currently switching between) my “signature” scent is….(this is embarrassing…) With Love by Hilary Duff. Whenever I put it on everyone around me goes “That is YOUR scent!” It makes me feel special ;)

Kira — August 15, 2011 @ 6:57 pm

Sunflowers used to be my favorite scent, too! Awhile back my husband got on a random topic and said how gross he thought the perfume smelled. So the next time I was at my parent’s house, I dug around in some old junk until I found an old bottle of it. I sprayed it on one night before crawling into bed…and my husband knew exactly what “stinky crap” I had on.

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — August 15, 2011 @ 6:58 pm

Oh my goodness you totally just brought me back. Sunflowers was one of my first perfumes, too. I think Exclamation and Electric Youth came first, though. I was obsessed with all VS lotions and body sprays in college. I’ve gone through tons of different scents, but I could use a new one, so thanks for the input!

Dana — August 15, 2011 @ 7:06 pm

I have many that I alternate depending on season, time of day, where I’m going, etc. I usually wear FCUK Her or Bulgari Omnia Crystalline to work; Juicy Couture or Aqualino Pink Sugar with the boyfriend; Ralph Lauren Hot on a hot summer night. No longer wear D&G Light Blue and definitely wore Burberry Brit and my beloved discontinued BCBG Metro in college.

Karla — August 15, 2011 @ 7:08 pm

My signature scent is March Hare, by Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs – it smells like apricots and cloves. All that stuff is WAY too mainstream for me. :) And BPAL is addicting!

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab
    (No personal interest, just a big fan)

• Samantha — August 15th, 2011 @ 9:25 pm

I think I love you for introducing me to BPAL!

Sarah Love — August 15, 2011 @ 7:21 pm

I always hated perfume and have always loved the smell of natural clean soaps and oils. Instead of perfume I’d always just dab a little jasmine oil on my wrists and be done. I always thought every perfume smelled the same. Overproduced and generic…until 2006 when I went on my first backpacking trip. I was in a Sephora in Paris and one of the workers sprayed me with Lancome Hypnose (the original blue one). I started to get mad until I realized it smelled like everything perfect contained in a bottle. It’s light…vanilla like with a tad bit of magnolia or something. I can’t put my finger on it but I’d drink it if I knew it’d make me sweat that smell for my whole life.

Debbie — August 15, 2011 @ 7:29 pm

I swiped my oder sisters (she didn’t ned it, right?) bottle of Chloe when I was in high school, and wore it for several years. Then, at a duty free shop at a train station in Germany, I think Munich, I discovered Roma by Laura Biagiotti. I never came across it again (until Amazon, but that is not nearly as fun as searching through Europe) and have now moved on to Victoria’s Secret Sexy Little things Noir.

Nicole — August 15, 2011 @ 7:33 pm

Perfume is so magical—it can really transport you back in time to a fond memory. That’s why I always wear something different when my husband and I go on special trips together.
    I love most YSL scents and wear Parisienne and Baby Doll, both kind of sweet and floral. For a clean smell, I LOVE Marc Jacobs Daisy or Chloe. It smells just like clean laundry! My favorite sweet smell, which takes me back to a wonderful trip to Marfa, Texas with my hubster to see Bon Iver, is Obsession Night by Calvin Klein.
    Finally, I can’t get enough of the Japanese Cherry Blossom body butter by B&BW. I layer that under most everything or wear it on its own.

I’ve just started reading your blog regularly and think you are just fabulous, Mrs. How Sweet! Your recounted tales of Mother Lovitt remind me of the matriarchs in my family and your recipes are stunningly creative!

• Jessica — August 15th, 2011 @ 9:04 pm

Thanks a bunch Nicole! So glad you found me. ;)

Brittany — August 15, 2011 @ 7:36 pm

I loooooove perfume, there’s nothing sexier than smelling awesome :-) I’m so surprised that someone else on here previously commented about BCBG Metro! I LOVED that one, and it was one of my first “real” perfumes after upgrading from just body sprays. After that I upgraded to my first fancy perfume, which was “Addict” by Dior, and it still remains my favorite and signature scent after 8 years. I don’t like wearing perfumes that are super popular, but I’ve made an exception with D&G’s Light Blue (of which I recently just got a brand new bottle, even though as you can see, everyone wears it LOL). Some others I’ve worn over the years are Armani Mania and Burberry Brit. I’ve got my eye on Gucci’s Guilty though…

heather — August 15, 2011 @ 7:40 pm

i’ve worn stella mccartney-stella since it first came out. i’ve made friends who know me by smell…aside from being the most incredible scent i’ve ever smelled, its vegan, which is pretty awesome(i make it sound like the crazy perfume changed my life, lol, but fragrance is a big part of a person’s idenitity).

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — August 15, 2011 @ 7:56 pm

Ok this is going to sound weird but, you look like a scent person! haha
    I am the most pathetic excuse for a girl because I own not a single perfume. I have bad allergies and literally any scent makes me sneeze or gives me a headache!

• Jessica — August 15th, 2011 @ 9:03 pm

Hahaha are you just saying that because my feature picture shows me with big hair?! JK. ;)

Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine — August 15, 2011 @ 8:35 pm

I used to work at Bath and Body Works, so I cannot handle the scents anymore. :) When you’re in the same room as thousands of bottle of different scents, it tends to be a bit overpowering, haha. I’m a big fan of the Victoria’s Secret perfumes–Very Sexy will always be my favorite!

• Jessica — August 15th, 2011 @ 9:03 pm

I worked at Yankee Candle – I totally understand!

Dana — August 15, 2011 @ 8:38 pm

LOL @ the person who said Exclamation. I think that was one of my first perfumes, too! I went through a ton of bottles of Abercrombie 8 (i think?) in high school. The smell of that now takes me right back! I also went through a Vera Wang Princess phase… still love it!

Currently I rotate 3: Flowerbomb by Victor & Rolf, Miss Dior Cherie, and Pink Sugar by Aquolina. I’ve been wanting to find the Tokyo Milk perfume you mentioned, too!

Danielle — August 15, 2011 @ 8:38 pm

I am still upset over the fact that Bath and Body Works discontinued Juniper With Aloe, which I wore religiously in the 1994-1995 time period. Juniper Breeze, a follow up, sucked in comparison, and I boycotted it. I even bought (a probably ancient) bottle of Juniper wih ALoe off of a random webiste sometime in the last 5 years because I wanted the smell back so badly!

Went through a “Red Door” phase in high school, followed by many years of exclusive use of B&BW products (Country Apple & Plumeria were my faves)…. then a “Beautiful” phase at the end of college.
    For the past few years or so I’ve totally been in love with DKNY Be Delicious (green). Its light and fresh and makes me happy.

• Jessica — August 15th, 2011 @ 9:02 pm

Oh my gosh… country apple and plumeria were my scents too!

Jonessa — August 15, 2011 @ 8:44 pm

Sunflower was my first grown up perfume too!!!! Then I moved on to Happy by clinique. Now it’s just brown sugr and fig body lotion by bath and body works. What memories!!!

Amy — August 15, 2011 @ 8:47 pm

going to date myself as much older than your other responses here…but Lauren by Ralph Lauren but what I really loved was his Tuxedo in the black bottle with little red man on it. Anais Anais pure 8th grade …Paris the overwhelming rose scent that didn’t quit.

• Trudy — August 15th, 2011 @ 10:29 pm

Going to date myself too. I also wore Lauren. During college started wearing Anne Klein II which was my signature sent until they quit making it! I was devastated. Everyone knew who was in the room by my scent.

Julie Sampson — August 15, 2011 @ 8:48 pm

High school was totally all about Exclamation! and Sunflowers along with the tiny little sample bottle of CK One.

I am currently obsessed with Mary Kay’s Thinking of You. It smells so yummy, I feel like a walking cupcake (which can be a bad thing if you haven’t eaten all day!). When I’m feeling a little more “saucy”, I wear Mary Kay’s Bella Belara, Clinique Happy, or Estee Lauder’s Beyond Paradise.

• Danielle — August 15th, 2011 @ 9:04 pm

Exclamation!!!! Too funny, that is one huge high school memory for me!

april — August 15, 2011 @ 8:49 pm

Currently I’m obsessed with True Religion & I’m on my 4th bottle of victorias secret original very sexy. I can wear very sexy ANYWHERE (as in work, wal mart & even church) and someone always tells me that I smell good. I love that stuff! There are a couple of scents that take me back. Did you jump on the clinic happy wagon? It makes me think of timberlands, scrunched socks & shorts. There’s also Beautiful. My mom wore that for years! And lastly there’s Beauty Controls white rain (i think that’s the name) my granny kept it in her medicine cabinet & id sneak in & spray it a few times. Oh & your not the only one who’s picky with her perfume :)

• Jessica — August 15th, 2011 @ 9:01 pm

Yes I definitely wore Happy for years!

Ashley H — August 15, 2011 @ 8:56 pm

Guys wearing Acqua Di Gio around me get sniffed constantly ((weirdo, yes)). I*m obsessed with perfume. VS Pink, Ed Hardy, Moschino Love Love..I should stop now as I*ll go on for hours. I have a very very huge perfume collection! LoL

Marie Baars — August 15, 2011 @ 9:02 pm

mmm I loovee almost anything Calvin Klein. My husband ( then very new bf) bought me CKIN2U for christmas years ago. I love it and he always loves when I wear it. I went through a long stage of loving Puma Red in highschool and also a bottle I bought at PacSun in hawaii haha. I think it was called Twisted.

Currently I own CK Euphoria, CK Eternity, CKIN2U and one more CK…a unisex one I think.

Cynthia (It All Changes) — August 15, 2011 @ 9:13 pm

My mom wore Red Door or Jean Nate and I would borrow her stuff. Most often though she’d only smell like Oil of Olay.

Grandma’s house always smelled like currants. Welsh baking is full of currants and she used them for oatmeal too.

My first trip to Sephora I fell in love with J’Adore by Dior and it’s all I wear. Hunni doesn’t wear cologne except for special occasions and he’s still using the bottle of Aqua di Gio I bought him.

Jessica — August 15, 2011 @ 9:17 pm

I love this post!
    Tommy Girl was my first real perfume, which I wore in middle school. In highschool, it was Abercrombie or VS body sprays/lotions like Love Spell and Amber Romance. Also, the Raplh Lauren in the blue bottle (I think it’s Ralph by Ralph Lauren). Now, I have a fairly large collection but often find that I’ll obsessed over a certain scent, until I buy it, and then I end up moving on to another! Horrible habit, but every once in a while I rotate my old ones through.
    Currently I’m loving Light Blue, Miss Dior Cherie, and Viva la Juicy. This is embarrassing but a few years ago, I really liked the Hilary Duff perfume.
    I could go on and on, but I’ve rambled enough. :)

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — August 15, 2011 @ 9:18 pm

I’ve been wearing Miss Dior Cherie since 2005- I bought it on a trip to Italy before it was available in the US, and was so bummed when it became popular and all my friends got it, too. It’s not as trendy anymore so I really feel like it’s mine…it reminds me of so many good memories. I’ve tried a few other brands but I always come back to that!

claire — August 15, 2011 @ 9:20 pm

Armani Mania is one of my favorite perfumes and I like to wear it on special occasions…once last year I put it on for a dinner date and my boyfriend said “Hey! It’s your fancy date smell!” Haha I guess they do notice :)

I also have Ralph Lauren Hot which I can’t really wear anymore because it was my “night out” scent for the past few years and now every time I put it on or smell it, I can taste a vodka cran and feel a little nauseous…I miss college.

Mimi — August 15, 2011 @ 9:23 pm

I was give White Diamonds a few years ago (can’t remember by whom) and have worn it ever since. I was also guilty of wearing Poison in college along with the skinny knitted scarves and my collar on my shirts turned up! Then I graduated to KL for women (Lagerfeld for men still makes me nauseus) but that was discontinued :(

Jen — August 15, 2011 @ 9:23 pm

I have gone through so many, but reading through some of them brings back memories! Exclamation was definitely the first scent I begged my mom to get me back in middle school/early high school. Then of course, the Clinique Happy (was always excited to get the free mini trial with a purchase) period along with anything CK in the late 90s.

I had a friend that tried to get me into the newest Escada perfume that they would come out with yearly (either during the summer or fall), but could never it! So then when Dolce and Gabbana came out with Light Blue, I was hooked and haven’t been able to find anything else that smells like “me!”

Alaina — August 15, 2011 @ 9:40 pm

I used to love B&BW. I would buy Sun Ripened Raspberry and Cucumber Melon. Those definitely bring me back to childhood. Up until recently I used the White Citrus but they have since discontinued it.

When I feel like being a grown up with my fragrances, I love Burberry Weekend. That’s my splurge perfume. I used to also wear Curve when I was in high school. Although smelling that doesn’t bring back good memories…

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — August 15, 2011 @ 9:47 pm

Love this post Jessica!

I am in love with Ralph Lauren’s, “Romance”.. Can’t get enough of it!

Tamar — August 15, 2011 @ 9:54 pm

DKNY delicious was my real perfume, and I’ve never found a scent I like better! (Although the Red Delicious is good too)

Alexandra — August 15, 2011 @ 10:22 pm

I also wear Burberry Brit, but I still can’t decide between Brit or Aqua Di Gioia by Armani, how can one every decide between two perfect scents?? I certainly can’t :P

Jess M. — August 15, 2011 @ 10:27 pm

My favorite scent is Bvlgari Omni Crystalline. Once while browsing in a Sephora, a clerk (do they have a fancy name for these ladies?) there approached me telling me that due to a promotion, I could pick one thing for free from the basket she was carrying. The basket was full of all sorts of sample sized cosmetics and perfumes, and right there in a tiny, simple white fold with shiny lettering was what would become my signature scent. It’s flowery but light and airy. I’ve received many compliments while wearing. Am on my second bottle which my boyfriend bought me for my birthday two and a half years ago. I’d cry if this ever went away.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — August 15, 2011 @ 10:28 pm

ohh i love some of the scents you mentioned!! i totally agree about body splash..I have one on my gym bag, at work and in my car but thats only for a quick spritz…they NEVER last!!!! I have dabbled in all sorts of scents, I just finsihed my bottle of givenchy “hot couture” which I loved! right now I am OBSESSED with Marc Jacobs “Lola” and I also have been a fan of Dolce and Gabbana light blue…I have had that since college and just cant go without it!!

Laura (Cookies vs. Carrots) — August 15, 2011 @ 10:38 pm

I haven’t thought about Sunflower perfume in years! My BFF wore it in elementary school, and the smell definitely takes me back to riding the school bus together, haha. Tommy Girl makes me think of middle school, and Victoria’s Secret Dream reeks of high school.

My favorite scent for the last few years has been Ralph Lauren Ralph, but I am on the lookout for a new scent. Time to switch things up a bit!

McKenzi — August 15, 2011 @ 10:53 pm

Obsessed with Lolita Lempika Perfume and have worn it for 10 years. The best smell ever! And I am in love with Brown Sugar and Fig lotion and spray (not on myself) from Bath & Body Works and get mad every time I go there and tell them how it’s a really bad choice that they just sell it online because every other scent smells like caca!

Jessica — August 16, 2011 @ 12:12 am

Marc Jacobs= loveeeeeeee

Kaitlyn — August 16, 2011 @ 12:19 am

My favorite scent ever was Island Hawaii by Michael Kors. It was a limited edition and I tried to make it last forever. My now hubby knocked it off the shelf when moving a tv and I watched it shatter to pieces. It still goes down as one the saddest days in our relationship!

Caitlin — August 16, 2011 @ 1:06 am

I used to wear Angel by Thierry Mugler – EVERYONE went crazy over this when I wore it and it was definitely “my” scent in high school and college. I went through a Clinique Happy stage, as well as several others mentioned here. My new favorite is Nine by Nina Ricci – light, citrusy but surprisingly it goes well with mint, which I always have in a lotion and layer under it. Perfume is so fun, thanks for posting. I really love how smelling a cologne/perfume/scent can instantly bring back a memory or person.