I couldn’t go one more day without telling you about this.

Apple Cider Margaritas I howsweeteats.com

You need it in your life. Today sounds about right.

Apple Cider Margaritas I howsweeteats.com

Apple Cider Margaritas

Yield: serves 1, is easily multiplied

Total Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:

1 ounce Grand Marnier
1 ounce gold tequila
5-6 ounces sweet apple cider
orange segments and apple slices
cinnamon + cane sugar + coarse sugar for glass rimming
cinnamon sticks for garnish

Directions:

Add a few spoonfuls of cane sugar, coarse sugar and cinnamon to a plate. Run an orange segment around the edge of the glass, then press into the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat the rim. Add a few orange slices in the bottom of the glass, fill with ice, then add the Grand Marnier, tequila and apple cider and stir to mix. Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks. Enjoy!

Note: As a rule, I generally prefer silver tequila in my margaritas, but the gold here really gives a “warmth” that matches the cider and cinnamon perfectly.

Apple Cider Margaritas I howsweeteats.com

Happy Fall!

176 Responses to “Apple Cider Margaritas.”

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — October 22, 2011 @ 8:40 am

I just happen to have a huge jug of TJs apple cider that I impulse purchased a couple days ago b/c I was into the seasonal spirit.

Now, I can get on board with your kind of spirits.

Sounds…phenomenal! And after one or two, I think gold or silver pretty much taste the same :)

Emily — October 22, 2011 @ 8:40 am

The oranges are an interesting touch. But hey, anything with tequila and I am GAME. Happy weekend!

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles — October 22, 2011 @ 9:03 am

This is one reason I love you…. Apple cider margaritas- enough said!

Melissa — October 22, 2011 @ 9:03 am

Wow.. I am amazed! That seriously looks incredible!

Annie — October 22, 2011 @ 9:15 am

Those sound and look amazing! I love apple cider, and I bet it’s even better as an adult beverage :)

Lys — October 22, 2011 @ 9:16 am

I may, I *may* have to try this despite after one rememberable/dear god unrememberable night I had way too much tequilla (don’t all college girls?), and vowed the next day, as I lay on the cold bathroom tile that morning, that I would never *ever* have it again.
    Which makes me ask you, can you really taste the tequilla in this? Or is it just spiked apple cider goodness?

• Jessica — October 24th, 2011 @ 7:30 am

Gahhh… I’m probably not the best person to ask. I really LOVE the taste of tequila. I think if you add enough apple cider, you really won’t be able to taste it??

amanda @ fake ginger — October 22, 2011 @ 9:17 am

Brilliant! Too bad the only liquor in my freezer is whipped cream vodka, otherwise I’d be making this today!

Carrie — October 22, 2011 @ 9:17 am

wow! I need to try these asap!

Three-Cookies — October 22, 2011 @ 9:23 am

10/10! If there was a “how sweet it is bar” I would be a regular, even at unhappy hour prices!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — October 22, 2011 @ 9:25 am

We must have the same brain some days because I was looking up cider and apple ‘adult’ drinks the other day. Too funny. Love this! It’s so festive looking too which is a bonus.

steph@stephsbitebybite — October 22, 2011 @ 9:28 am

Is it bad that I want to go swimming in this! I seriously need to make jugs of this for my wedding!

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — October 22, 2011 @ 9:29 am

OH. MY. GOODNESS!
    So Fallish, I love it!!!
    Oh how I wish I had one right now. 6:30 in the morning, is that wrong?
    It would be a nice little pick me up to start my Saturday.
    Happy weekend, Jessica!

Katrina — October 22, 2011 @ 9:30 am

Wowzers. Go ahead and inject this into my veins!

Karlee — October 22, 2011 @ 9:32 am

can’t wait to try these! may serve them at my halloween party! thanks

Jacky — October 22, 2011 @ 9:37 am

This is GENIUS! I can not wait to try.

Vanessa — October 22, 2011 @ 9:58 am

You always come up with the craziest cocktails, and I LOVE it! What a coincidence I just happen to have apple cider in the house. :-)

kelley — October 22, 2011 @ 9:58 am

And, thank you, for not waiting another day to share because, you’re right, we do need these in our life. Immediately. Making these tonight for tailgating. Gracias chica.

Bev Weidner — October 22, 2011 @ 9:58 am

Why yes….yes I think I will…

Beth — October 22, 2011 @ 10:19 am

yummy. looks good. a must try. (:

Amanda — October 22, 2011 @ 10:22 am

Just another reason why I should pick up some apple cider. And tequila. :) These look phenomenal!

Krystina (Organically Me) — October 22, 2011 @ 10:36 am

I’ve said it 800 times, but, I love you.

I’ve been wanting apple cider for weeks. And margaritas? Easily my favorite mixed drink.

Mallory — October 22, 2011 @ 10:49 am

its official. you are my blog crush. I want one of these stat (since its apple a fruit it can be consumed before 11 am on a Saturday, right? (right!)

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — October 22, 2011 @ 11:16 am

Yummmm! Love how you put a nice fall twist on a (normally) tropical drink. I want one now!

Jennknee — October 22, 2011 @ 11:33 am

Just when I thought today would be boring. You saved my day!

Marla — October 22, 2011 @ 11:41 am

This looks amazing!

Alissa — October 22, 2011 @ 11:55 am

Would it be wrong to make this for breakfast? It would go oh-so-well with my apple cinnamon oatmeal….

Jordana Russell — October 22, 2011 @ 11:56 am

Yesterday I was feeling like some kind of ‘holiday drink’ … I was thinking eggnog and brandy, or SOMETHING. But, as always, you handed a great idea for a drink to me on a silver platter, thank you!! I will be going to get the stuff to make this

Estela @ Weekly Bite — October 22, 2011 @ 12:25 pm

Genius! I will be making these shortly :)

Whitney — October 22, 2011 @ 12:43 pm

I just called my husband and said “While you’re at the Farmer’s Market grab some cider… How Sweet has a brilliant idea!” Can’t wait to try it… it will be perfect with the apple cake I was planning to make!

Rachel Wilkerson — October 22, 2011 @ 12:54 pm

Mmmkay I just got all the stuff to make the pumpkin bourbon milkshakes tonight and then you throw this at me!? Now I want this instead! DAMNIT, JESSICA.

Casey @ Insatiably Healthy — October 22, 2011 @ 12:58 pm

I loved your last margarita recipe, now you’ve given me one to take into Fall. I don’t know whether you’re a good influence or a bad one ;)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — October 22, 2011 @ 1:05 pm

I knew I loved you for a reason.

Tracy — October 22, 2011 @ 1:29 pm

Yum and yes please! These are perfect for fall, and perfect for the weekend!

Annie @ Naturally Sweet Recipes — October 22, 2011 @ 2:05 pm

It looks so beautiful! I don’t drink, so I’ll have to make this virgin. Looks awesome!

CouponClippingCook — October 22, 2011 @ 2:05 pm

Love this idea especially for holiday guests.

Amber — October 22, 2011 @ 2:25 pm

Happy Saturday deliciousness!

Erica — October 22, 2011 @ 2:42 pm

Im not drinking right now so i can feed the babe, but i want to make a virgin version for the edge of the glass alone!!!

marla {family fresh cooking} — October 22, 2011 @ 2:44 pm

What a fun idea!! Love the apple floating on top :)

Natalie — October 22, 2011 @ 2:48 pm

Looks like a great festive drink!

Trina — October 22, 2011 @ 3:17 pm

I am trying to only eat food that will lower my high blood pressure. Every once and a while you have to indulge though, and this looks like the perfect way!

Heather of Kitchen Concoctions — October 22, 2011 @ 3:47 pm

Ahhhh…. this looks like the perfect drink for a relaxing fall day!

Jessie S. — October 22, 2011 @ 3:57 pm

I literally gasped as I opened your page!! My father-in-law just brought me back tons of apples from Washington, which I made into cider….It’s a sign!!

Andrea — October 22, 2011 @ 4:19 pm

Hmmm. I have apple cider and tequila. No grand marnier. Could I get away without it or should I just invest in some and stop being a tightwad?

Jess — October 22, 2011 @ 4:36 pm

I would be going to the liquor store right now if I didn’t have to work tonight! These look so good!

Jess @ Jess Go Bananas — October 22, 2011 @ 5:53 pm

I need to virginize this. STAT! LOL :D

Laura @ A Healthy Jalapeño — October 22, 2011 @ 7:13 pm

This looks excellent!!!! Makes me want to cozy up to a fire, put on some jam’s and take it easy for the night!!!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust — October 22, 2011 @ 8:14 pm

I am so totally making these. I’m tempted to run to the grocery store RIGHT NOW. :)

Linda from basil, garlic & rosemary — October 22, 2011 @ 9:22 pm

I made these today with girlfriends today. We made a trial Thanksgiving meal – I showed them how to make everything from scratch for when Thanksgiving rolls around. They were delicious and went perfectly with the meal. In fact, I am enjoying another right now :). Thanks for sharing!

Emily — October 22, 2011 @ 9:35 pm

Drinking one right now – thank you!!! These are amazing!!!

Sarah — October 22, 2011 @ 9:52 pm

This looks great! I perhaps need a party to throw so I can serve these and look very cool.

1. Pingback: Apple Cider Margaritas « Fox and Bunny and Woodpecker Stew

2. Pingback: We’re Drinkin’ « Insatiably Healthy

3. Pingback: Coloring The City » Blog Archive » A Guide to Apple Picking (and 8 great ways to eat them!)

4. Pingback: Apple love {a mini roundup} | Baked by Rachel

5. Pingback: Friday Favs | Nikkilooch

6. Pingback: treats not tricks! « ramblings and other thoughts

7. Pingback: Wet Wednesday

8. Pingback: Links to Love — dramatis personae

9. Pingback: Apple Cider Margaritas | I Sing In The Kitchen

10. Pingback: » Thanksgiving Day Cocktails and Drinks for the Kids - Divine Party Concepts

11. Pingback: A Thanksgiving Ab Workout « Insatiably Healthy

12. Pingback: 101 Thanksgiving Recipes | How Sweet It Is

13. Pingback: Thanksgiving Gawking « Dorm Styler

14. Pingback: Fun with Apple Cider « Insatiably Healthy

15. Pingback: Here’s to all that you’re thankful for » Pearls for Paper

16. Pingback: Tastemaker: 7 Delish Thanksgiving Cocktail Recipes « Stylust – The Official bebe Blog

17. Pingback: turkey salad roll-ups — Eat, Live, Run

18. Pingback: Thirsty Thursday: Apple Cider Margaritas | Clare Cooks!

19. Pingback: Thirsty Thursday: Apple Cider Margaritas | Clare Cooks!

20. Pingback: Design Crush » Alcoholidays

21. Pingback: Apple Cider Quest 2011′ « ginpudding

22. Pingback: Hello 2012! | The Healthy Everythingtarian

23. Pingback: Staying put | The Paper Road

24. Pingback: 135 Recipes for Football Season | How Sweet It Is

25. Pingback: Apple Cider Margarita Recipe for Autumn | KegWorks

26. Pingback: Apple Cider Sangria | How Sweet It Is

27. Pingback: over the weekend.. | Fashion Photography Design Art | Catfish & Caviar

28. Pingback: The Style Dossier :: Edgar Allen Poe Party | Five Dot Design • Blog

29. Pingback: Autumn Wedding Love « David Tutera Wedding Blog • It’s a Bride’s Life • Real Brides Blogging til I do!

30. Pingback: Apple Cider Margaritas | finishing school

31. Pingback: 30 Apple Cider Recipes for Fall | Amanda's Cookin'

32. Pingback: My Imaginary Thanksgiving

33. Pingback: thirsty thursday: apple cider margaritas | champagne picnic

34. Pingback: 47 Incredible Thanksgiving Recipes

35. Pingback: My Top 5 Favorite Pinterest Pins « Bean Musings

36. Pingback: Holiday Cocktails « Drunken Disasters and Culinary Masters

37. Pingback: A Toast to Thanksgiving

38. Pingback: Thanksgiving Cocktails « MY Styled Affair

39. Pingback: Stumbling Over Chaos :: In which brevity is the heart of linkity

40. Pingback: SniqueSpeak » Have Yourself a Merry Little Cocktail

41. Pingback: apple cider margaritas : Soul Recipes

42. Pingback: {Recipe} Apple Cider Margarita | A Well Crafted Party

43. Pingback: Friday Finds: Thanksgiving Goodies | A Well Crafted Party

44. Pingback: 5 New Margarita Ideas to Try- Mexicali Fresh Mex Grill in MA

45. Pingback: Høstens To-Do liste | SIRI FJELD

46. Pingback: Apple Themed Fall Cocktails | Gift Idea for You – Giftideaforyou.com

47. Pingback: Taste of Autumn: 10 Best Fall Drinks | Jillianastasia

48. Pingback: Football Food! [135 Recipes For Football Season.] | How Sweet It Is

49. Pingback: A Playful + Pretty + Pertinent blog about weddings and marriage

50. Pingback: Thirsty Thursday–Apple Cider Margaritas | monograms and lesson plans