1. I really hate myself for watching (and enjoying… cough cough) Dirty Soap. Ugh.

2. And speaking of TV, I currently have Hey Dude on my DVR. Was Nickelodeon TV/acting seriously that awful back in the day?

3. You must make these for dinner asap. I made them last week, alongside a roasted chicken, green beans and some carrots swimming in 3 different kinds of sugar. Fabulous.

4. My love for Dunkin’ Donuts iced pumpkin lattes is becoming a serious problem. I know… I blabber all the time how I don’t love coffee (just tried homemade cold-brewed iced coffee this morning… barf) but this is sooooo good. I literally want one every single day. It is light years better than Starbucks. Does that even make sense? Oh well. I don’t care. I’m trying to limit myself to 1-2 per week. What a joke.

5. I keep watching horrific scary movies because I feel like scaring the crap out of myself. Then I can’t fall asleep until my eyelids are literally drooping and I have terrible dreams. And then I do it all over again like it’s a sick game.

6. This really happened to me yesterday.

7.  Then this morning, I woke up frantic that I still needed to take out the trash since it was Wednesday. I gathered everything and started to take it out, and noticed that no one else had set their trash out yet. First I figured everyone else had forgot. Then I spazzed assuming they had come super early, I slept through it, and now had to have bags of rotting scraps and food sit around for a week. Then I remembered it was Tuesday.

8. No, I am not a) pregnant, b) drunk, or c) overworked. I’m just d) an idiot.

9. However, I seriously wonder what sales associates secretly think of me when I take 3 different, extremely uncoordinating placemats to the register, along with 2 other different colored napkins, one bowl, two different shaped plates, 1 fork, a spatula and a funky shaped spoon. They probably assume I’m just e) insane and f) a hoarder.

10. While I won’t decorate until after Thanksgiving, I tried listening to Christmas music yesterday (because, uh… who listens to Halloween music?) and it just felt… wrong. Probably because I’m still SO OBSESSED with this time of year.

11. I am doing anything and everything at this moment to avoid cleaning the kitchen. Like trying to come up with pointless extra bullet points for Tuesday Things.

12. Okay. I’m done.

104 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Bekah — October 18, 2011 @ 4:38 pm

Jessica, you are my hero!

• trang — October 18th, 2011 @ 4:57 pm

ditto. I already started listening to christmas music and can’t wait for the buble holiday cd to come out..um next week!!

Lys — October 18, 2011 @ 4:38 pm

Yes, kid actors on Nick were totally terrible back in the day. But that doesn’t mean I still memorized the introduction song to Salute Your Shorts. Kind of epic.

Noelle — October 18, 2011 @ 4:38 pm

Ha ha ha ha. I have just started watching zombie shows. I do not know why and it cannot be good for this baby being born into the world. I could hardly sleep last night! Were those Hasselback potatoes>?

• Jessica — October 18th, 2011 @ 4:44 pm

Yes! And have you watched the Walking Dead? My husband is obsessed with it. Pretty good acting/show.

• Noelle — October 18th, 2011 @ 4:46 pm

Yes! I watched all of season 1 in a day and then I caught up on the 1st episode last night. So NOT a good idea. I was covering my eyes OFTEN. LOL It is a pretty crazy show.

Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy — October 18, 2011 @ 4:41 pm

No shame in tagging a drink of soap. I was washing a bowl yesterday, forgot to rinse it, and ended up EATING a mouthful of soup alongside some green beans. Ooops.

Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl — October 18, 2011 @ 4:42 pm

This post really cracks me up. There were 3 different scary movies on last night – Kiss of Death, Master of Horror, and some other. Then the Omen was on the other morning. LOL. I do the same. I love to stay up and watch them, but then turning off the lights and running to my bedroom… SCARY! hahaha.

Caroline @ Pink Basil — October 18, 2011 @ 4:42 pm

All I remember about Hey Dude is the theme song, and that thing still rocks! ;)

Cookbook Queen — October 18, 2011 @ 4:45 pm

Can you even BELIEVE that Nadia and Brandon are a couple??? And are Kirsten and Farrah gonna make up or what? Sigh. It’s fascinating.

Also, I do the same thing at Pier One. One salt shaker without a pepper. Two tiny tasting dishes instead of a set. I get super paranoid and have all these responses ready in case the cashier asks me about it. But they never do. They just judge silently I suppose.

Sarah B. — October 18, 2011 @ 4:45 pm

I have a love/hate relationship with Fall. I love it because I love all of the colours and it is so pretty. I hate it because it means that the snow and cold are coming, and I really hate how cold it gets in my city.

I love really scary movies because I love the adrenaline rush that I get while watching them. I do not like what happens after them – me going to sleep in my dark dark basement with my parents two floors up and therefor unable to hear me scream when the psycho with a hook for a hand comes to murder me.

Leann — October 18, 2011 @ 4:46 pm

Made those potatoes last week as well. Ahhhhmazing!

Nancy B. — October 18, 2011 @ 4:49 pm

OMG! I used to LOVE Hey Dude, and I’m not even kidding when I tell you I just had a conversation about it last week!

Katrina — October 18, 2011 @ 4:50 pm

I need to go to Dunkin Donuts.

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — October 18, 2011 @ 4:52 pm

Maybe you like the DD version because their coffee is so much weaker? Love your Tuesday posts:-)

Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut — October 18, 2011 @ 4:53 pm

I love the picture of leaves!! What kind of a camera do you have??
    Also, movies generally suck me in…like emotionally, etc so I REALLY can’t watch scary movies. Especially the ones that I feel like could really happen. Freak. Me. Out.

Cassie [Bake Your Day] — October 18, 2011 @ 4:55 pm

I don’t think I’ve thought about Hey Dude in at least 10 years. Gosh I loved that show. Is it really still on? And if so, what time? I need to set my DVR!

nicole {sweet peony} — October 18, 2011 @ 4:59 pm

#9- amen girl! i always feel so awkward! one time, the register person gave me a quasi-stink-eye so i tried to defend myself by saying “i live alone (not true) & i only buy one of each cuz i like the mis-matched look (also not true) & i’m colorblind (definitely not true).” said quasi-stink-eye turned into full-on-stink-eye… le sigh.

Katy Widrick — October 18, 2011 @ 4:59 pm

OK, now I hate you for hating Hey Dude :)

Heyyyyyyyy Dude! Come on! Mr. Ersnt and his gang were awesome.

Jodie — October 18, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

Seriously thinking of skipping the gym so I can stop at the store to buy ingredients for those potatoes. Oh my gosh.

Chelcie @ Chelcie's Food Files — October 18, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

This is so funny haha And no worries I am addicted to watching Dirty Soap too..its almost like they are acting out a soap..but its suppose to be reality? I don’t know haha all the scenes seem so dramatic and fake..but yet I still watch it..

Samantha Cernock — October 18, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

AHHH, I haven’t seen the DD pumpkin iced latte’s!! And yes, DD is so much better than Starbucks.

Michelle — October 18, 2011 @ 5:01 pm

Those crevices of potato have room for bacon.

christina @ ovenadventures — October 18, 2011 @ 5:01 pm

seriously i just laughed my ass off. hoarder bullet – hilarious.

Kristina @ spabettie — October 18, 2011 @ 5:03 pm

heee – last week Jason took the garbage out one night early. then the next day, when I was leaving, I walked down the drive to pull up the empty container… which was still full. and I went “EH!” in my head, like “why haven’t they picked up yet?” yes. all that THEN remembered we had this big discussion and laughed about being a day early.

I’ve had people comment before when I’m buying a bunch of mismatched single plates, placemats, etc… one person commented “food blog?” :D

Bev Weidner — October 18, 2011 @ 5:04 pm

Did you watch Paranormal Activity 2? Because we watched it last night and not I’ve blinked since.

Like, not one single blink.

And it’s starting to burn.

Tee — October 18, 2011 @ 5:05 pm

Have you ever read this book? http://www.amazon.com/Idiot-Girls-Action-Adventure-Club-Magnificent/dp/0375760911
    These are my people. And you sound like my people. <3

Corey @ Learning Patience — October 18, 2011 @ 5:06 pm

I love you girl…seriously just spit out my wine….you crack me up….
    I was wondering if you were burping bubbles from that soap drink…???? just teasing…
    Thanks for the smiles!
    xoxo from Trinidad

my honest answer — October 18, 2011 @ 5:06 pm

Oh my god dishsoap!!!!

This is both the worst and the best thing I’ve heard all day! Sorry (and hope you got rid of the taste eventually)

Chelsea — October 18, 2011 @ 5:14 pm

Thank you for sharing in my Iced Pumpkin Spice latte addiction!! I get mine “lite” and that helps me justify it. It’s practically a health food when you think about it… :)

Gen — October 18, 2011 @ 5:20 pm

I looove Tuesday Things!!! Makes me smile every time! Those potatoes look seriously awesome!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust — October 18, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

Ohmygosh #9…I often think they DO think I’m pregnant when I hit the register with 6 kids of chocolate chips, a bag of Oreos and 10 pounds of sugar.

Amanda — October 18, 2011 @ 5:23 pm

I love your ‘Tuesday Things’ posts!

4. How did I not know that Dunkin’ Donuts has pumpkin lattes?! I need to make it a top priority to try one ASAP.

9. I had a particularly unfriendly cashier the last time I was at Crate & Barrel and she totally thought I was an idiot for buying 1 type of a bunch of different placemats, 1 plate, 1 spoon. Either that or she thought I couldn’t afford a whole set. It was uncomfortable. haha

Anna @ On Anna's Plate — October 18, 2011 @ 5:32 pm

Whoa, whoa, whoa– I’m sorry, back up– HOW is it that you have Hey Dude on your DVR?!? Who is playing that show?!? I wanted to BE Melody when I grew up for about 3 years of my life, back in the early 90s.

• Jessica — October 18th, 2011 @ 6:26 pm

It was on Nick late at night a few weeks ago!

Stephanie — October 18, 2011 @ 5:32 pm

I love love dirty soap too!!

Estela @ Weekly Bite — October 18, 2011 @ 5:32 pm

I saw your facebook posting about the dish soap incident. I chuckled because I’ve that exact same thing. So. Not. Fun.

Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama — October 18, 2011 @ 5:38 pm

wow… Hey Dude. I haven’t thought of that show in YEARS!

Dunkin’s Lattes are so much better than Starbucks. I have a Pumpkin Spice Coffee or Latte everyday. YUM

I feel the need to tell the cashiers at TJ Maxx (or wherever) when I go up with one of each thing (none matching) I have a food blog and this plate would photograph so well!

janetha — October 18, 2011 @ 5:49 pm

i lost it when i read the dish soap bit. i love you.

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — October 18, 2011 @ 5:55 pm

I am loving all of these Tuesday things! First, Hey Dude was so awesome! They need to put it on Netflix. I’ve been watching the Wonder Years non-stop. Second, I also wonder what sales people think when I buy 5 different colored napkins and other mis-matched items. They must just think we are eclectic!

Three-Cookies — October 18, 2011 @ 6:19 pm

There is a lot of controversy about bottled water. I don’t think opposers of bottled water ever expected dish soap to be a substitute:) Now they know. At least you have shown that it does not harm, things you do for us:)

Cait @ Cait hates Cake — October 18, 2011 @ 6:24 pm

Hahaha, #9. You’re definitely a food blogger!

Lauren — October 18, 2011 @ 6:33 pm

Ok, 7.8.and 9. are heeelarious. You are seriously a riot. I made your crazy feta the other day-yum!!! Seriously, I so appreciate that I know whatever I make of yours will turn out amazing. Seeing as I’m always making your recipes when entertaining, it is a huge relief!

• Jessica — October 18th, 2011 @ 6:40 pm

I am so glad you liked it!!

Casey — October 18, 2011 @ 6:34 pm

I loved Hey Dude! The acting seemed awesome back then, but then again, I haven’t watched it in years.

Kristin — October 18, 2011 @ 6:52 pm

The very first place I go when I make it back to the east coast is DD. I dream about their drinks!

Mama Pea — October 18, 2011 @ 7:06 pm

Whenever I go to Crate + Barrel I seriously think the sales staff believes me to be clinically insane.

Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen — October 18, 2011 @ 7:41 pm

HAHAHAH! 1. I’m always buying ONE of everything and wonder the same thing. Nothing matches. I only need one, though!! 2. Those hasselback potatoes are major. 3. I saw the dish soap thing on FB yesterday and literally laughed outloud at the coffee shop. 4. I wish LA had Fall. :(

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — October 18, 2011 @ 7:58 pm

is the pumpkin spiced latte that good? ok maybe I need to try it but I havent had iced coffee in months! as soon as it gets a little chilly I am a convert to hot…BUT that picture and your description sounds amazingggg

I want that picture of the leaves framed and on my wall! :)

• Jessica — October 18th, 2011 @ 8:04 pm

It’s DELICIOUS! But I get it in all it’s cream and sugar glory.

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy — October 18, 2011 @ 8:14 pm

I love Dunkin’ Donuts pumpkin coffee! I had my second one last week…and I’m convinced it just keeps tasting better…I want more :)!

Sarah @ The Cyclist's Wife — October 18, 2011 @ 8:16 pm

What is Dirty Soap? Enjoy Fall. It is still 90 degrees here and the trees are still green. I want Fall colors and hot soup, but it just won’t fly right now. Boo!

• Jessica — October 18th, 2011 @ 9:56 pm

It’s a new (absolutely horrible but equally addicting) reality show on E! with six soap opera stars. *bangs head against wall*

Bridget =) — October 18, 2011 @ 8:17 pm

OMG, I LOVED!!!!!!!!!!! Hey Dude! It’s a little wild and a little strange… when you make your home out on the range! =) thanks for the flashback! =)

Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) — October 18, 2011 @ 8:23 pm

I loved (love?) How Dude! Um.. is that still on TV? And that photo of the leaves is kinda amazing. Was that enhanced w instagram?

katie @KatieDid — October 18, 2011 @ 8:26 pm

mmmmm DD’s iced anything is where its at.
    And I can’t believe you chugged soap… bahha that just made my night. But I’m sorry you had to endure that, it must have been horrid.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — October 18, 2011 @ 8:55 pm

I’m going to BB & Beyond tonite and will be recreating your mismatched, random, hodgepodge of housewares concoctions. I think the sales people are immune to it thought.

DD is wayyyy better than Starbucks. And anything doctored up with syrups and milks is pretty much a guaranteed success. Sugar is a beautiful thing.

My mom chugged half a cup of dish soap once. She thought it was milk. It was Ivory Liquid. Whoops.

1. Pingback: Roasted Autumn Panzanella Salad with Spiced Pomegranate Vinaigrette | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: Angel Food Cupcakes | How Sweet It Is