1. Please, please, please tell me you’ve watched this video from Jimmy Kimmel. I laughed until I cried.

2. Speaking of crying, this is the milkshake I had on Friday that was NOT MY IDEA. After drinking about a fourth of it, I felt like I wanted to die but couldn’t stop. I am so sick minded that I really want to recreate it for YOU.

3. Last week I went on a mayyyyjor pinning binge of Christmas and holiday related things. Now I just need a million dollars, a new house and for Martha Stewart to be my BFF.

4. Watching J.R. on dancing with the stars makes my want to bawl my eyes out. I love love love him! He is so, so, so passionate. I adore passionate people. Even if they are passionate about things I dislike, like vegetables or cats, I can’t get enough. People… have a passion. It’s so important.

5. Many of you are asking me what I’m making for Thanksgiving, and the answer is nothing. Well, that is sort of a lie… I don’t cook anything on holidays because we gallivant all over the place. I normally make some sort of dessert that makes your eyes bulge out of your head. I will probably do that, but this year I already told my mom I am bringing butternut squash lasagna (much to her dismay… I don’t think she’s ever even tasted squash) and Tina’s brie that I told you about already. I’ve only been think about that EVERY SECOND OF MY LIFE.

6. I lost a few hours of my life yesterday morning immersed in Tracy’s blog. I literally want to eat everything she posts for every meal for all of eternity. Seriously.

7. Here is the chocolate chipwich I also mentioned today that was NOT MY IDEA. You can imagine how hard it was to get me to eat this. People had to hold me down.

8. What are your winter staple meals? I love hearing about what others make since my life is usually overtaken by whatever recipes I’m sharing that week. Some of my favorites include this white chicken chili (made approximately twice a month), Sarah’s thai veggie burgers (from her book) that I make a double batch of every single time my husband is out of town, this chicken pot pie that graces us with it’s presence about once a month, and a version of this lightened up chicken parm (now I make my own whole wheat panko and use thin-sliced chicken breasts) which is currently in my oven. I also opened up a box of Trader Joe’s veggie burgers last week that I bought a lifetime ago. They were okay, but I’ll be honest: I slathered them in gouda and Bone Suckin’ Sauce.

9. Mr. How Sweet is finally home this entire week after traveling for all of October. All I can say is that someone better get me a king-sized bed. Stat.

10. Here is a picture I took from the plane on Sunday. It made me want to jump out the window.

95 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray — November 8, 2011 @ 5:41 pm

Oh. My. Gosh. That Jimmy Kimmel video! Thank you.

Milisa @ Miss in the Kitchen — November 8, 2011 @ 5:42 pm

Thanks for sharing the video, the brothers at the end were the best, so hilarious! As a parent of boys I really appreciated it.

• Jessica — November 8th, 2011 @ 5:42 pm

Yes, the ones at the end are my FAVORITE!!

Sheree — November 8, 2011 @ 5:42 pm

I’m still laughing………………….

Krista {Budget Gourmet Mom} — November 8, 2011 @ 5:43 pm

Okay…I need one of those milkshakes STAT, especially after my day in the kitchen. I finally heard about that Jimmy Kimmel video at the festival. Hilarious!
    Hope you had a fabulous evening last night!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — November 8, 2011 @ 5:43 pm

Um, what is in that milkshake? I’d do anything to have that in front of me right now!

Sheree — November 8, 2011 @ 5:45 pm

added you to my Pinterest……………..Add me if you like my Pins

Danielle — November 8, 2011 @ 5:46 pm

Am I the only one that thought most of those kids needed a time out? I was so annoyed.

I do Need one of those milkshakes though. Big time. In the winter I make a lot of comfort foods, soup, bread, bacon, mashed potatoes. Also chicken pie, which is my favorite and I could drink the gravy. I TRY to make my own stock/broth when I can too, so it isn’t as sodium laced, but it’s just me, so it don’t always happen.

Estela @ Weekly Bite — November 8, 2011 @ 5:48 pm

That milkshake look amazing!! I want one too :) And that ice cream sandwich thingy :)

Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy — November 8, 2011 @ 5:49 pm

Yea.. someone would really have to twist my arm to get me to eat that chipwich. and that milkshake. I would not devour them on my own or anything.

nicole {sweet peony} — November 8, 2011 @ 5:49 pm

beautiful shot of sf! i hope you had a great birthday yesterday :)

vanessa — November 8, 2011 @ 5:51 pm

oooh, I would love to know your method for homemade whole wheat panko! that stuff is expensive!

Karen T. — November 8, 2011 @ 5:57 pm

Oh what I wouldn’t give to have that milkshake!! Sooooo yummy looking. My big staple meal during the winter (HA like Texas ever actually gets one :( ) is chicken and dumplings and potato latkes. Mmmmm

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — November 8, 2011 @ 5:59 pm

You’re killin me with that milkshake! please recreate it :)
    In the winter it’s lots of yummy warm comfort foods – mac n cheese, homemade pizza, chicken dishes, soups, etc. I like to use my slow cooker at least once a week to make something special for hubs to have for lunches.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — November 8, 2011 @ 5:59 pm

That ariel shot of the Bay is breathtaking! Makes me want to make millions of dollars so I can own a house in the wine country or the bay area. I’d be in heaven :) And befriending Martha Stewart for holiday decorating budgets would be fun too.

I have heard rave reviews about Jenna’s white chicken chili. Now I want to try it. But I don’t eat chicken. lol

And that brie. Wow.

And Tracy (and Joy)…love those girls!

Eliza — November 8, 2011 @ 6:00 pm

Have you seen any of these: http://www.hulu.com/watch/ad/69451? So awesome! Happy belated birthday!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — November 8, 2011 @ 6:01 pm

LOOOOVE that video. Love. I’m passionate about that video. And vegetables. And my dog. And sleeping. And granola. And chocolate. And leaving you obnoxious comments every day.

I have a lot of passions.

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — November 8, 2011 @ 6:03 pm

Oh my goodness….that Jimmy Kimmel video is amazing. And that milkshake? Pretty sure I could consume the entire thing.

Are you going to write a recap of your experience at foodbuzz, or your panel presentation by any chance? I would love to hear about it since a last minute change of plans prevented me from going!

• Jessica — November 8th, 2011 @ 6:11 pm

Unfortunately probably not… I didn’t even take my camera out of my suitcase in San Fran. I’m not sure I could even remember the entire panel, but here is a little recap that the moderator did: http://helenjane.com/2011/11/05/foodbuzz-moderation-as-in-all-things/. If you have any specific questions, ask me and I’ll definitely help!

• Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — November 8th, 2011 @ 6:20 pm

Thank you for the link! No specific questions, just trying to live vicariously through everyone who made it to foodbuzz!

• Jessica — November 8th, 2011 @ 6:22 pm

Hehehe, I hear ya – so sorry you couldn’t make it.

Jenn from Much to My Delight — November 8, 2011 @ 6:04 pm

I too have started making Jenna’s white bean chicken chili twice a month. In fact, made it last night! Definitely a winner.

Jihane @Sinful Sundays — November 8, 2011 @ 6:10 pm

Hahahha! I LOVE that video! My faves are the first three toddlers who instantly collapse and cry. Straight tantrum status, LOL! :D

Twyla — November 8, 2011 @ 6:14 pm

UMMM, you have to tell me where you got that milkshake!!! I’m a Pittsburgher and I’ll have to hit that place up!!

• Jessica — November 8th, 2011 @ 6:20 pm

Sorry, not in Pit – it was from Burger Bar in San Francisco!

• yvette — November 8th, 2011 @ 6:56 pm

Hi, new here, love your blog! I’m 10 mins north of San Fran…which burger bar was it? I’d love to try that shake!

• yvette — November 8th, 2011 @ 6:57 pm

Wait.. I just read your response more carefully. lol.. Burger Bar at Union Square.. Thanks!

Bekah @ohmygoodygoodness.com — November 8, 2011 @ 6:18 pm

This week we have had my Bonfire Chili, sort of a southwestern style chicken with black and white beans, I can’t get enough of it, and Asian Beef with Rice. Love these two meals, great for this blustery weather we are having in Central Florida.

janetha — November 8, 2011 @ 6:18 pm

i watched that video yesterday. SO DAMN FUNNY.

Katrina — November 8, 2011 @ 6:22 pm

Pinterest is taking all my free time away. My. Goodness.

Emily — November 8, 2011 @ 6:24 pm

WHERE did you get that shake?!! Because I’m pregnant and need one NOW!!! I live 10 miles outside SF and so I need the location STAT. You’ve created a monster.

• Jessica — November 8th, 2011 @ 6:27 pm

Burger Bar!!

kathleen @ the daily crumb — November 8, 2011 @ 6:26 pm

i adore j.r. martinez. he is, in my opinion, the biggest star on that show!

um, yes please on the milkshake recreation. i fully support that idea!

Claire — November 8, 2011 @ 6:40 pm

Oh, my gosh.. I cannot wait for that milkshake recipe! Ice cream is definitely my choice of poison.

Sarah — November 8, 2011 @ 6:41 pm

Well winter here in Miami lasts for approximately 3 weeks when the temperature dips below 65 and all the natives pull out their parkas, boots and ear muffs. Even so I have to take advantage of the cooler weather and make my Opa’s potato soup – it’s nothing fancy but it brings up so many wonderful memories, and all it needs is lots of black pepper and some cheddar cheese on top to be the most comforting meal ever :)

Bev Weidner — November 8, 2011 @ 6:42 pm

You hate cats? I knew we were meant to be together for life.

I MEAN THROUGH THE INTERNET, calm down now.

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — November 8, 2011 @ 6:45 pm

The last 2 kids in that video seriously make me reconsider not wanting to have kids. 2 + 2 is FIIIIVEE!! I die, every time.

Carrie — November 8, 2011 @ 6:49 pm

I’m laughing my butt off…. those 2 boys at the end are the best they remind me of my boys.

I can’t wait to show this video off…. too freaking funny.

diane stanley — November 8, 2011 @ 6:54 pm

I am your newest follower. Thanks for all the yummy ideas. Now, my hips won’t know what hit them!

danielle — November 8, 2011 @ 6:59 pm

Love the video!!! and that milkshake! Yum

Anna @ On Anna's Plate — November 8, 2011 @ 7:00 pm

When I was little, my mom worked at a domestic violence shelter, and one year she took all of our Halloween candy for the shelter (without telling us ahead of time). Those videos rang a *little* too close to home for me ;-)

Sarah @ The Cyclist's Wife — November 8, 2011 @ 7:05 pm

Fav winter staple meal is Eggplant Parmesean. I have a recipe that I want to share, but it only just turned Fall here about a week ago, so I’m getting to it soon! (Hopefully). :)

Three-Cookies — November 8, 2011 @ 7:07 pm

Funny video. Some of the smarter kids will pay back by telling daddy (or mummy) that they saw mummy (or daddy) sleeping with the postman (secretary)!.

Shelly — November 8, 2011 @ 7:14 pm

“Youuu sneaky mom” :) You were very lucky to get such a beautiful view of SF; I hope you enjoyed your stay there.

katie @KatieDid — November 8, 2011 @ 7:19 pm

ahh the cookie sandwiches are just perfect. I love your tuesday things, you always seem to have such interesting and funny things going on!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — November 8, 2011 @ 7:22 pm

Omg, just watched it. “You sneaky Mom!” Still laughing, haha

Ami @ parsnipsandpears — November 8, 2011 @ 7:22 pm

that video has been EVERYWHERE lately… the kids at the end kill me!!

Lately I have been loving soups… any and all soups… and if they can be made in the crock pot even better!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile — November 8, 2011 @ 7:26 pm

Lovelovelove that video! I cried too. That picture is amazing I am dyingggg to go to San Fran!! Super jealous :D

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) — November 8, 2011 @ 7:34 pm

Loved this post. everything about it. especially the last picture. makes me happy to live in the bay area.

Meadowlark — November 8, 2011 @ 7:41 pm

Aw yes… Passion. The thing that makes men (and women) stand on the line to protect the freedoms of others. Well, on the 10th is my beloved Marine Corps Birthday (236 years) and on the 11th is Armistice Day. Feel free to thank someone for standing on that line. Veteran’s Day isn’t just about a holiday.

Semper Fi
    Meadow

Mama Pea — November 8, 2011 @ 8:02 pm

We were sitting, starving at the Foodbuzz dinner when we saw your ice cream sandwich picture on Instagram. I tried to rally everyone at my table to hunt you down, find you and rip that ice cream sandwich from your beautifully manicured hands, but no one would go with me.

I’m thrilled you like the Thai veggie burgers. :)

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn — November 8, 2011 @ 8:08 pm

WELL THANKS now I’m spending al light on Shutterbean!!

Holly — November 8, 2011 @ 8:25 pm

I LOVE chili for the winter months! That chicken and white bean chili looks delicious, I will definitely have to give it a try!

One thing I recently have been trying with my chilis is adding chunks of squash (it adds a lot of texture and sneaks in some more veggies!). I’m thinking of trying some acorn squash in the chicken and white bean chili.

Amanda — November 8, 2011 @ 9:04 pm

That milkshake is ridiculous in the best possible way. Totally worth the sugar coma.

What a beautiful photo of SF. This is only semi-related, but when I was living there last year, there was some stunt during Fleet Week where one of the major airlines flew a 747 right over the Golden Gate bridge. Totally unannounced (at least to everyone I knew). I bet their view was amazing, but it was so.not.funny. to watch. That whole week was traumatizing, actually. Not a fan of fighter jets flying right above my apartment!

Staci — November 8, 2011 @ 9:21 pm

Winter staples around here include Sausage, Lentil and Brown Rice soup, which is like a giant hug in a bowl, chicken pot pie, and autumn vegetable soup.
    Curious to hear more about that milkshake…..

Robyn — November 8, 2011 @ 9:50 pm

Hubby found the JK video and made me watch it w/ him, lol!

Not a Dancing w/ the Stars watcher, but The X Factor USA has sucked me in. Did I mention I am NOT an American Idol fan either.

Love your plan picture from Sunday!

Megan — November 8, 2011 @ 9:52 pm

1) I haven’t even clicked the link but I know exactly what the video is. “You sneaky mommy!!!” Those last two kids about killed me I laughed so hard.

3) I noticed all the pins last night and loved looking thru them all.

Lastly, that photo of San Fran is gorgeous.

Love the blog as always. And thanks for always being so easy to get a hold of for questions! :)

rose — November 8, 2011 @ 10:34 pm

Seen it! “YOUU Sneaky Mom!!” LOL soo awesome. Love how annoyed his brother is too!