Soooo yeah. It’s Monday.

And if you’re anything like me, you’re like OMGI’mjustgoingtoeatcookiesfordinner every single freaking night until Christmas.

I know how it goes. I know you!

Oh and seriously? Stop laughing at those pictures up there. I’m just trying to be nice and show you how to stuff the chicken. I’m not being dirty.

Told ya that I know you.

But really, are you dying for dinner ideas right about now? Because I sure am. All I can think about is butter. Right… not much different from my usual train of thought, but people… we need to eat dinner!

Cookies come after. Duh.

And the other thing is that right now dinner must take approximately 27 seconds if anyone in a 10 mile radius of me wants to eat a normal, healthy meal that doesn’t consist of buttercream bowls and chocolate chip covered peanut butter spoons.

You know what I’m saying, right?

Enter stuffed chicken in the crockpot. Who knew it could be done? Not I. But I tried it anyway annnnnd since it’s December I filled the crockpot with wine. You want to do this. Really. We are in the circle of trust after all.

Crockpot Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Spinach, Roasted Red Pepper, Parmesan + Goat Cheese

serves 4

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (do not use thin sliced chicken breasts)

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1 jar of roasted red peppers in water, with 1 of the peppers cut into 8-12 long slices

2 tablespoons olive oil

3 cloves of garlic, minced

1/2 of one 6-ounce bag of fresh spinach

2 ounces parmesan cheese, sliced

2 ounces goat cheese

1/2 cup dry white wine

3/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock

If desired, quickly tenderize chicken, making sure to not pound it too thin. Using a sharp knife, make a deep cut in the center of one side of each chicken breast, being very careful not to cut through to the top or the bottom – this will cause the cheese to go everywhere, and if it happens, you may want to consider not stuffing it with cheese (you can always add some on top). Season the chicken on both sides with the salt and pepper.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Add spinach and garlic, cooking until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes.

Add 1/2 ounce of parmesan and goat cheese inside each piece of chicken, pressing it as far back as it will go (you can do this while spinach is cooking). Add 1-2 slices (or more) of roasted red pepper, then add equal amounts of spinach into each piece of chicken.

Turn the heat on the skillet to medium-high and add olive oil. When it’s hot, gently place each chicken breast (top side down first is easiest) in the skillet and sear for 2-3 minutes per side. You can skip this part and just add the chicken to the crockpot without searing, but this will make it very flavorful and tender.

Add chicken to the crockpot with the stuffed side facing up. Add wine and chicken stock, then cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Now where are the cookies?

129 Responses to “Crockpot Stuffed Chicken Breasts.”

Holli — December 19, 2011 @ 8:04 am

This WILL be made this week!!

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — December 19, 2011 @ 8:07 am

Are you freaking in my kitchen last week? I made stuffed chicken breasts with…wait for it…spinach and roasted red pepper. I used parmesan and mozzerella because I was cleaning out the fridge and that’s what was in there.

And I baked it, but LOVE the idea of putting it in the crock.

You’re pictures are so much prettier than mine too ( not on blog yet…too many cookies and truffle recipes to share, maybe after Christmas, when our teeth hurt)!
    Anyways, love it :)

• Jessica — December 19th, 2011 @ 8:55 am

Haha, great minds thing alike. ;)

Nicole H. — December 19, 2011 @ 8:09 am

My mouth is watering. I will HAVE to make this ASAP!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — December 19, 2011 @ 8:09 am

You just made my life 10x easier. I forgot about the crock pot and was wondering what in the world I was going to feed my husband all week.

kathleen @ the daily crumb — December 19, 2011 @ 8:10 am

this is genius! i love anything that can cook in the slow cooker all day… less work for me… but never thought to use whole chicken breasts! not to mention they are stuffed with all of my favorite things (well, minus butter and chocolate!)

Kathryn — December 19, 2011 @ 8:12 am

I am really craving food that is not cookies at the moment and Christmas is still 6 days away. I don’t know what is wrong with me!

Chelcie @ Chelcie's Food Files — December 19, 2011 @ 8:16 am

You are a genius

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh — December 19, 2011 @ 8:17 am

My goal this coming year is to do more crockpot recipes so this is right up my alley baby!

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles — December 19, 2011 @ 8:18 am

Love! LOVE! Love it! This is perfect for the busyness that I have been feeling and the fact that I’m not into spending my time washing dishes. Geeze! Perfection, Jessica! PERFECTION!

Bev Weidner — December 19, 2011 @ 8:24 am

This post ripped open my chest bone and is gently massaging my heart. ILOVECHICKENINCROCKPOTSWITHWINE.

Erica — December 19, 2011 @ 8:27 am

Brilliant! Especially during this busy time of year!! Looks like an elegant meal

Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray — December 19, 2011 @ 8:29 am

Love this–and any slow cooker recipes, especially this week.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — December 19, 2011 @ 8:53 am

I love how STUFFED looking you got these. It’s all just packed in there. I wouldnt eat chicken for dinner but I would eat OMGI’mjustgoingtoeatcookiesfordinner (again). And I love it.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — December 19, 2011 @ 8:55 am

Ok, why do I not have a crockpot yet? I NEED one because I must have these chicken breasts! You make stuffing them look so easy.. mine are always a mess, but regardless, I’m definitely printing this recipe!

• Jessica — December 19th, 2011 @ 8:59 am

You don’t have one?! AH! You need it now.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — December 19, 2011 @ 8:55 am

yep, making this this week for when my parents come in town. you’re a genius!

Kathleen — December 19, 2011 @ 9:03 am

Oh yeah! I was looking for a chicken recipe for tonight! Sounds like we have a winner :) Thank you for sharing!! Have a nice day !

Mary Cottingham — December 19, 2011 @ 9:03 am

Now I’m craving chicken breasts for breakfast. Thanks!!

Blog is the New Black — December 19, 2011 @ 9:04 am

I would NEVER think to do this… love it!

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl — December 19, 2011 @ 9:08 am

Oh my goodness, I NEVER thought to put stuffed chicken in the crock pot! I’ll be trying this for sure! Thanks!

Joelle (on a pink typewriter) — December 19, 2011 @ 9:10 am

Yummmmm. I’m always looking for more ways to utilize my crockpot..even though I do get a little skeeved out about touching chicken TOO much for some reason.

Lorie — December 19, 2011 @ 9:11 am

OH…. this looks and sounds wonderful!

Sally @ Spontaneous Hausfrau — December 19, 2011 @ 9:12 am

These are beautiful! And the added bonus is that they free up your oven for more cookie baking.

Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy — December 19, 2011 @ 9:26 am

I mean… it’s just that it kind of looks like…

Never mind. It looks delicious :) (More so the finished product though.)

• Jessica — December 19th, 2011 @ 10:16 am

I know. IknowIknowIknow.

Kelly — December 19, 2011 @ 9:31 am

I haven’t done one lick of holiday baking, or shopping, or deocorating. I am a little slow this year!

Lynne @ 365 Dys of Baking — December 19, 2011 @ 9:32 am

I am SO very grateful to “Mr. Crock” for inventing the crockpot!! How wonderful is that thing??!!
    Ingenious recipe, my dear, especially for this week! You are so ON!
    I hope your week is wonderful. Happy Monday!

• Jessica — December 19th, 2011 @ 10:16 am

Same to you Lynne!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — December 19, 2011 @ 9:38 am

This is so happening! I’ve had my crockpot sitting on the counter for a couple weeks untouched… perfect timing!

Jessi @ Quirky Cookery — December 19, 2011 @ 9:47 am

Oh my, that looks delicious. ‘Tis the season to utilize the crockpots as much as possible, in my opinion.

stephanie @cookinfanatic — December 19, 2011 @ 9:49 am

what a great recipe for the crockpot, love the idea of making it super easy and not having to worry about flipping in a pan and all the ‘stuffing’ falling out!

Michele — December 19, 2011 @ 9:57 am

“Soooo yeah. It’s Monday.”

my first thought: it is?!?
    freaking winter break. i love it even if it screws up my mind.

these look delishuss. i’d make them if i wasn’t so lazy. can you make a lazier version of this? i mean, crockpot is good, but maybe a self-stuffing chicken? that’d be great.

xoxo <3

• Jessica — December 19th, 2011 @ 10:16 am

I will never get over not having a winter break. Wahhh!

Julie @SavvyEats — December 19, 2011 @ 10:00 am

Hooray for healthy recipes, crockpot recipes and protein-packed recipes to counterbalance all the butter and sugar!

Encore — December 19, 2011 @ 10:03 am

Who da thunk to try stuffing some chix and putting them in the crockpot? See this is why I totally <3 you…you know in a non-creepy, like reading your blog way. This recipe is on like Donkey Kong!

And, for the record, you're totally being dirty…and I LIKE it!

Ashley — December 19, 2011 @ 10:07 am

Crockpot Recipes are my favorite, and well, this looks delicious!

Jenn — December 19, 2011 @ 10:18 am

I looked at this recipe too early in the morning. My first thought was “why in the world would you stuff a chicken breast with a Crock Pot?”

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — December 19, 2011 @ 10:19 am

It’s too early to think dirty – don’t worry. But you said it :p

Ashley — December 19, 2011 @ 10:33 am

You totally had me laughing at “OMGI’mjustgoingtoeatcookiesfordinner” and gagging at the “dirty stuff” LOL.

I’m so making this…It looks wonderful!

Cristy — December 19, 2011 @ 10:40 am

roflmao!! you DO know me!!! looks yum. cooked. ;)

Lori @ RecipeGirl — December 19, 2011 @ 10:40 am

Delicious! Love me a good crockpot recipe :)

DessertForTwo — December 19, 2011 @ 10:41 am

I’ve been needing a new crockpot chicken recipe! I love this one!

Maria — December 19, 2011 @ 10:47 am

I never use my crockpot! Thanks for the reminder:)

Cookbook Queen — December 19, 2011 @ 10:55 am

This looks WAAAY too gorgeous to have come out of a crockpot. Did you just solve the world mystery of how to make pretty crockpot dinners? I think so!!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — December 19, 2011 @ 10:58 am

I’ve used my crockpot exactly 1 time so far this winter. That really needs to change. Probably this week since I only have 6 days left to shop and that’s all my mind can focus on right now. Not dinner.

Casey — December 19, 2011 @ 11:07 am

Oh my gosh, this looks incredible! That chicken looks so juicy and I love how this chicken is stuffed with those yummies. It’s like the side dish and the main disk combined in one bite!

Jessica — December 19, 2011 @ 11:17 am

lol seriously was not thinking dirty until you said something.. oh how quickly you brought out my 14 yr old self .. hilarious!

but seriously I just bought my first crock pot and am so going to make these

Lauren from Lauren's Latest — December 19, 2011 @ 11:19 am

Stuff goat cheese into anything and I’ll eat it. Yummmmm……

Cassie @ bake your day — December 19, 2011 @ 11:20 am

Monday was just made a whole lot better. There are so many layers of perfection to this, I’m not even sure where to start. Don’ I just want this now!!

Mal @ The Chic Geek — December 19, 2011 @ 11:25 am

These look wonderfully yummy, anything with cheese is bound to be awesome

janetha — December 19, 2011 @ 11:58 am

i make stuffed chicken breasts about once a week. i have NEVER done them in the crockpot. gonna try it! thanks!

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective — December 19, 2011 @ 12:09 pm

You know I do not use my crock pot enough. Ready to dust it off!

Samantha — December 19, 2011 @ 12:27 pm

I seriously LOVE the crockpot, like, I think I may be having an affair with the crockpot and my saute pan/sauce pot don’t know it yet. I wait every year for fall just so I have an excuse to use it as much as possible. And the fact that this is somewhat healthy is even more perfect. I’ve been having to do the jumping up and down thing and suck in my stomach and get my jeans to fit, ha! Plus, tonight, I’ll be baking those red velvet cookies from your blog. They look delicious! I also plan on making your hot cocoa cookies & the peppermint patties. Wouldn’t those peppermint patties be just awesome with some peppermint schnaps? I thought so too!

• Jessica — December 19th, 2011 @ 4:28 pm

OMG YES!

Kristy Lynn @ Gastronomical Sovereignty — December 19, 2011 @ 12:43 pm

the raw stuffing photos DO look a little bit like vaginas…. haha, vaginas.

1 2 3

1. Pingback: Delicious crockpot stuffed chicken breasts | Getting stuff sorted!

2. Pingback: Menu, week of 12/31-1/6 | Colleen's Cuisine

3. Pingback: Food is Love « Newly Wife Healthy Life

4. Pingback: Quesadill-me | Wicked Healthy Washingtonian

5. Pingback: 16 Healthy Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipes | Daily Healthy Tips

6. Pingback: Chicken Breast Recipes That’ll Mix Up Your Boring Dinner Routine | Miami News

7. Pingback: Chicken Breast Recipes That’ll Mix Up Your Boring Dinner Routine | Detroit news

8. Pingback: Chicken Breast Recipes That’ll Mix Up Your Boring Dinner Routine | Los Angeles News

9. Pingback: Chicken Breast Recipes That’ll Mix Up Your Boring Dinner Routine | San Francisco News

10. Pingback: Chicken Breast Recipes That’ll Mix Up Your Boring Dinner Routine | Buffalo News

11. Pingback: Top 7 Chicken Breast Recipes with Oven -