I think I’ve created a monster.

Hot + Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip I howsweeteats.com

Sooooo you know how I bought my husband that remote control helicopter for Christmas?

Well well well.

Someone went to Best Buy yesterday. And came home with a remote control car.

Hot + Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip I howsweeteats.com

Now I not only have objects flying at my head, but I also have them slamming into my feet. I’m wondering what would have happened had I married someone my own age and not 10 years older.

But now… it really doesn’t matter since I’ve easily aged 15 years in the last four days as I watch him try to “softly land” the helicopter on my brand new iPad’s lovely face.

Hot + Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip I howsweeteats.com

Just kidding.

I hope.

I’m really praying that was an accident. The three times it happened.

Hot + Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip I howsweeteats.com

Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip

serves about 4 (or possibly more depending on other appetizers)

8 ounces cream cheese, softened

4 ounces asiago cheese, freshly grated

4 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated

4 ounces fontina cheese, freshly grated

1 roasted red pepper (from a jar/roasted yourself), patted dry and chopped

2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. If you use red peppers from a jar (in water), pat dry with a paper towel.

In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, asiago, parmesan, 3 ounces of fontina, red peppers, bacon and pepper, and mash thoroughly with a fork. Place in an oven safe dish, then top with remaining fontina. Bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly on top. Serve hot with crackers and chips.

Hot + Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip I howsweeteats.com

And you should totally make this dip for New Year’s Eve, or just say… you know… dinner. Tonight. Totally works.

137 Responses to “Hot + Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip.”

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — December 29, 2011 @ 7:59 am

I could make a meal out of this dip!

• Jessica — December 29th, 2011 @ 8:13 am

Uhhhhh I def did. For lunch.

Amanda N — December 29, 2011 @ 8:08 am

I’ve been making a very similar dip for a while (but with pepper jack cheese) and it is delicious! I’ll have to try your version because we all know everything is better with bacon in it!

Erica — December 29, 2011 @ 8:10 am

hahhahaha. Your husband totally cracks me up. You two should do a vlog. And then send me this dip :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — December 29, 2011 @ 8:16 am

I need this dip. I’ll skip the bacon but something warm and gooey and ooey and just mmmm, good. I’m in love with the TJs hot pepper jelly…somehow I need to incorporate that too for maximum red pepper goodness :)

Margie — December 29, 2011 @ 8:17 am

I am loving this blog! Your sense of humor jives perfectly with mine, which probably should scare me, but totally doesn’t! Thanks for bringing smiles & laughter!

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods — December 29, 2011 @ 8:24 am

Yum! Love how easy this looks and I think it would be just as yummy sans bacon. ;)

Heather (Heather's Dish) — December 29, 2011 @ 8:55 am

if i’d bought nate a remote control helicoptor for Christmas i honestly don’t even know if i would see him inside of our house for at least a week. i don’t think it matters the age of the guy…they’re all little boys!

kathleen @ the daily crumb — December 29, 2011 @ 8:55 am

hot + cheesy anything will do for me. and i love that this is mayo-free. mayonnaise sort of scares me… !

• Sonnet Gal — December 29th, 2011 @ 9:35 am

Me, too! I avoid most mayo dishes…not a fan.

J @ ... semplicemente j ... — December 29, 2011 @ 8:59 am

I just took my famous red pepper jelly to my dinner last night … this goes right in theme! (OK, the famous part I added) :)

Heather — December 29, 2011 @ 9:02 am

you’ve made me realize something these past two days.
    Next time I’m all, “oh…what should i get for Nicholas?” or “what should I get for my brother?” or ” what should I get for any-male-in-my-life-possibly-even-my-grandfather?”

Remind me about this hellicopter.

• Jessica — December 29th, 2011 @ 11:45 am

Oh I will!!!!

Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers — December 29, 2011 @ 9:02 am

Your funny! My Husband is 10 years older then me to and sometimes, well most of the time, I think they are so immature! Glad I didn’t buy my Husband any toys, but he has hot rod he’s working on and named her Christine, after the movie. He tells me all the time, don’t get Christine upset. What a jerk! lol

Anywho, the roasted red pepper dip, looks amazing. I definitely need to make this!! I love anything that has peppers in it!!

Sally @ Spontaneous Hausfrau — December 29, 2011 @ 9:05 am

Omg. My husband is 17 years older than me and easily 20 years younger than me in terms of maturity. I feel your pain.

Shea — December 29, 2011 @ 9:20 am

Girl, I feel your pain. A few years ago my hubby got one of those and he gets it out once in awhile and tries to “softly land” on objects….my head, my leg, and so forth. He also enjoys re-enacting scenes from Godzilla or King Kong with the cats.

Hopefully you can get him to learn how to deliver drinks to you with the RC car!

Kelly — December 29, 2011 @ 9:22 am

I love stories about your husband…I imagine your household as being very entertaining! :)

Emily — December 29, 2011 @ 9:32 am

On a whim my mom got my dad a remote control helicopter last year (2010) for Christmas. The guys spent the WHOLE day in the garage flying it around. So my husband received one for his birthday in July…our tv has numerous scratches where he didn’t land it quite so softly. He hasn’t tried to land on my ipad yet thankfully.

Sonnet Gal — December 29, 2011 @ 9:39 am

Yet another amazing recipe…thank you!
    Question…who is your hand model in all the pics? Any openings? I think that would be THE BEST job in the world, as long as you can sample after pics are taken. :-)

• Jessica — December 29th, 2011 @ 11:44 am

Hahaha 99.9% of the time it is my hand, and I would GLADLY hire someone to model since it takes me about 20 photos to get the picture right.

Lea Ann — December 29, 2011 @ 9:41 am

Yes, you’ve created a monstger! :) This dip sounds WONderful. I love your photo with the dark background.

bethany — December 29, 2011 @ 9:42 am

Remind him it is an iPad, not a LANDING pad! :) And goooood luck!!!

Amanda at the red table — December 29, 2011 @ 9:44 am

Jessica! You totally read my mind! We are having an all-appetizer new year’s eve feast (‘Appy New Year, in case you were interested…har har). This dip looks like it might make the menu. YUM!

• Jessica — December 29th, 2011 @ 11:43 am

Hahaha, OMG, love the name.

Kim in MD — December 29, 2011 @ 9:52 am

Oh my gosh…this post is so funny! At least my husband waited until we had a son to purchase all of those remote control toys! You are going to be in serious trouble when you have children! :-) This dip looks insanely delicious, and will grace my appetizer table on New Year’s Eve for sure! Yum!

• Jessica — December 29th, 2011 @ 11:42 am

Kim… I’m seriously afraid of what might happen if we ever have sons.

Kelly @ Free Spirit Food — December 29, 2011 @ 9:54 am

New Year’s Eve app… Done! Perfect!

Nicola @ unhip squirrel — December 29, 2011 @ 9:55 am

You had me at hot and cheesy.

Matt — December 29, 2011 @ 9:57 am

I will make this as one of the many appetizers on Sat!

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food — December 29, 2011 @ 10:00 am

I love all that cheesy goodness! :-)

Jennalee — December 29, 2011 @ 10:09 am

Yum. Anything that has cheese is automatically yummy. I did a post similar to this on my blog. Cheese dips are great.

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — December 29, 2011 @ 10:10 am

My husband works 6 days a week and usually nothing shorter than 12 hour days so I’m usually complaining he’s never home. Then he comes home, or gets a random day off and starts doing stuff just like this that make me wonder why I ever wanted him home in the first place!

• Jessica — December 29th, 2011 @ 11:41 am

This is pretty much the same as us too. He only works 5 days but we never see each other during the week. Let’s just say I’m a bit… relieved that he went back to work today.

Mal @ The Chic Geek — December 29, 2011 @ 10:11 am

This looks so good, especially on this super cold day!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile — December 29, 2011 @ 10:12 am

This looks dangerously good. I would not be happy about a toy helicopter landing on my iPAd! lol

Cassie @ bake your day — December 29, 2011 @ 10:13 am

I love the square plates! The dip sounds absolutely fabulous, I wouldn’t have trouble consuming the whole thing, I’m sure!

• Jessica — December 29th, 2011 @ 11:40 am

That little square plate was like $1 at Crate and Barrel a few days ago. :)

• Cassie @ bake your day — December 29th, 2011 @ 11:44 am

I think I know where I’ll spend my lunch hour today…Crate and Barrel is right across the street from my office. Thanks!

Culinary Collage — December 29, 2011 @ 10:21 am

This dip sound absolutely amazing! I love roasted red peppers and who wouldn’t love all of that cheese!

Kelly — December 29, 2011 @ 10:24 am

This dip looks amazing! I love pretty much all of your recipes and have been threatened by my husband that is he going to block your site if I don’t quit making everything! :) I don’t see it as a bad thing – I mean he gets to eat it too! Well, unless he does actually block it…

I hate to say that I did the same thing and bought my hubby an rc helicopter a few years ago for Christmas thinking it would be some fun…little did I know that I had also created a monster and the one little heli has multiplied and there are now somewhere around 7-10 – maybe more? (I try not to know!) Good luck! I hope you come out of this unscathed! :)

Thanks for the wonderful blog and great recipes! I love it!!!

• Jessica — December 29th, 2011 @ 11:39 am

Thank you so much for reading Kelly!!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — December 29, 2011 @ 10:34 am

Perfectly simple – I’m obsessed with anything related to roasted red peppers (and cheese, of course).

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — December 29, 2011 @ 10:37 am

Cheese, pepper and bacon – yeah that’s kind of awesome :)

Adrienne @ Midwestern Belle — December 29, 2011 @ 10:39 am

It’s only 8:41 am but I could totally curl up with this dip and demolish a bag of crackers..

Melanie — December 29, 2011 @ 10:58 am

Stop.the.madness.

This looks uh-maz-ing. I can’t even wait.

Anita — December 29, 2011 @ 10:59 am

I gasped! Asiago! Then Parmesan! I could hardly bear the excitement when I continued scrolling and saw FONTINA! Mygod you are the cheese queen. And here all this time, I thought I was the cheese queen! This dip is a beautiful thing.

Sarah — December 29, 2011 @ 11:14 am

I just started following your blog a few days ago and my husband got the same helicopter form his mom for Christmas. He is OBSESSED. Too funny! I would have never thought to buy my 30-year-old husband a remote control toy.

• Jessica — December 29th, 2011 @ 11:38 am

Trust me… I was TOTALLY out of ideas! Ended up being his favorite gift too. Go figure!

Lori @ RecipeGirl — December 29, 2011 @ 11:34 am

I bought my husband and son mini RC cars so they could race against each other. They’re all over our wood floors now. Whatever you do, don’t get your husband an XBox. It will be all over!

Love your dip. The cheesiness drew me in :)

Cait's Plate — December 29, 2011 @ 11:36 am

That first picture literally made me swoon.

Hilliary @Happily Ever Healthy — December 29, 2011 @ 11:37 am

Your husband cracks me up! And this dip looks delicious! Would be perfect for new years!

Ashley @ Cooking for one — December 29, 2011 @ 11:39 am

This dip looks fantastic! I would kind of like to make it and eat it all myself, it looks like something I wouldn’t be willing to share…I hope you iPad’s ok!

Wenderly — December 29, 2011 @ 11:42 am

That is hilarious! My hubs got a dual race track for Christmas that he can’t stop playing with!(and he’s a year older than me). I don’t think that age matters…boys will be boys! LOL!

Wishing you & yours a Happy New Year!

• Jessica — December 29th, 2011 @ 11:46 am

Same to you love!!

Bev Weidner — December 29, 2011 @ 11:43 am

HOLY.
    CRAP.

Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe — December 29, 2011 @ 12:07 pm

Delicious, melty, cheesy goodness. Heck yes. Happy New Year Jessica!

Julie @ Table for Two — December 29, 2011 @ 12:09 pm

This is calling my name and I’m putting this on my appetizer “to make” list..this looks and sounds so good. I just want to eat it now!!

honeywhatscooking — December 29, 2011 @ 12:35 pm

you have the most amazing recipes and the best photos. i want to eat everything you make, even bacon, and i don’t even eat bacon. you’re so talented. keep doing what you’re doing and be the fabulous you!

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — December 29, 2011 @ 12:46 pm

Is it okay that I want this for lunch? By itself?

Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama — December 29, 2011 @ 12:47 pm

My husband got the remote control helicopter two Christmas’s ago. He thought it was funny to hover it near my head. So glad that thing finally died. :-)

This dip looks fantastic! I wish I was having a NYE party just so I could make it.

Jen Marie — December 29, 2011 @ 1:11 pm

THis looks to die for! I am soo in love with hot bubbly cheese. My favorite go to bubbly cheese dip is the spinach artichoke one, but this one looks delish with teh peppers. I haven’t really tried to make anything with them before and this is a good recipe to try it out with ! Oh yum.

Jennifer — December 29, 2011 @ 1:33 pm

I was relieved to see bacon at the bottom of the ingredients. I will be making this on Saturday.
    Thank you.

1. Pingback: New Years Eve Appy Round-up

2. Pingback: New Years Eve Delights

3. Pingback: FOOD: Recipe – Hot + Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip | A Girl Named Bong….

4. Pingback: The Most Amazing Dip – Sprinkle Joy.

5. Pingback: The first Friday of 2012. « A Tasty Life

6. Pingback: Cocktails and Girl Talk « A Tasty Life

7. Pingback: Touchdown! Superbowl 2012 Inspiration Board Part 1 | Could Be Interesting

8. Pingback: 25 Super Bowl Recipes | How Sweet It Is

9. Pingback: Small Bites For Oscar Night | From Valerie's Kitchen

10. Pingback: 135 Recipes for Football Season | How Sweet It Is

11. Pingback: Football Food! [135 Recipes for Football Season.] | Lifestyle Pins

12. Pingback: Football Food! [135 Recipes for Football Season.] » A Bowl Full Of Blogs

13. Pingback: 35 Game-Day Recipes « A Cedar Spoon.

14. Pingback: Roasted Red Pepper Cheese Dip | Extraordinary BBQ

15. Pingback: Combining the Old and the New | After the Ivy League

16. Pingback: For Your New Years Party « oh so decadent

17. Pingback: For Your Super Bowl Party « oh so decadent

18. Pingback: 35 Game-Day Recipes | A Cedar Spoon

19. Pingback: Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip « oh so decadent

20. Pingback: Mother's Day Gift {a quick any easy anytime gift} - Reasons To Skip The Housework

21. Pingback: Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip | Only Great Recipes

22. Pingback: Football Food! [135 Recipes For Football Season.] | How Sweet It Is

23. Pingback: 25 Insane Cheesy Dips with Recipes For You To Devour! O.M.G. | @Tommylandz ツ™

24. Pingback: Cheesy Dips That Will Make You Swoon | Best Ways