I think I’ve created a monster.

Hot + Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip I howsweeteats.com

Sooooo you know how I bought my husband that remote control helicopter for Christmas?

Well well well.

Someone went to Best Buy yesterday. And came home with a remote control car.

Hot + Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip I howsweeteats.com

Now I not only have objects flying at my head, but I also have them slamming into my feet. I’m wondering what would have happened had I married someone my own age and not 10 years older.

But now… it really doesn’t matter since I’ve easily aged 15 years in the last four days as I watch him try to “softly land” the helicopter on my brand new iPad’s lovely face.

Hot + Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip I howsweeteats.com

Just kidding.

I hope.

I’m really praying that was an accident. The three times it happened.

Hot + Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip I howsweeteats.com

Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip

serves about 4 (or possibly more depending on other appetizers)

8 ounces cream cheese, softened

4 ounces asiago cheese, freshly grated

4 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated

4 ounces fontina cheese, freshly grated

1 roasted red pepper (from a jar/roasted yourself), patted dry and chopped

2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. If you use red peppers from a jar (in water), pat dry with a paper towel.

In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, asiago, parmesan, 3 ounces of fontina, red peppers, bacon and pepper, and mash thoroughly with a fork. Place in an oven safe dish, then top with remaining fontina. Bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly on top. Serve hot with crackers and chips.

Hot + Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip I howsweeteats.com

And you should totally make this dip for New Year’s Eve, or just say… you know… dinner. Tonight. Totally works.

137 Responses to “Hot + Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip.”

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — December 29, 2011 @ 1:36 pm

Oh goodie – an idea for new year’s eve!!! YUM!

Jo-Lyn's Cup Cakes N' Candies — December 29, 2011 @ 1:50 pm

ohmygosh! that looks amazing!! i want it !! :)

janetha — December 29, 2011 @ 1:57 pm

i need to have a party just so i can make this!

janetha — December 29, 2011 @ 2:01 pm

OH and guess what? Today is national pepper pot day! I think this would qualify.

Ashley H — December 29, 2011 @ 2:05 pm

I do I feel your pain!!! My garage is filled with about 15-20 different remote control vehicles! It started off with one car, moved on to about 32173721983791 other cars, then helicopters, then boats. SMH! -=D

Stacy @ Say It With Sprinkles — December 29, 2011 @ 2:16 pm

Don’t worry, Jess, I’m sure it’s nothing personal and probably just has to do with the fact that Ipads are easily mistakable for helipads…maybe? =)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats — December 29, 2011 @ 2:22 pm

that is some serious cheesiness on that dip!

Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen — December 29, 2011 @ 2:52 pm

Holy! This looks soooo good. I love roasted red peppers. P.S. I wish I got a remote control helicopter for Christmas. I’m missing out.

Budget Bon Viveur — December 29, 2011 @ 3:26 pm

Definitely making this for NYE! Thanks for sharing :)

jenny moran — December 29, 2011 @ 3:36 pm

looks so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meme — December 29, 2011 @ 5:55 pm

this looks amazing!!

what katie's baking — December 29, 2011 @ 6:23 pm

i neeeeed this.

Hayley — December 29, 2011 @ 6:29 pm

I recognize that Crate and Barrel soup pot and the dots plate anywhere! This sounds DIVINE. I kinda sorta want to be slathered in this. Weird? Whatever.

Deborah — December 29, 2011 @ 7:01 pm

I want this. NOW!!

Holly — December 29, 2011 @ 9:11 pm

Oh good lord. I couldn’t trust myself with this stuff!! Mmmmm

Lisa — December 29, 2011 @ 9:17 pm

dip for dinner? done.
    great minds think alike ;)

Alaina — December 29, 2011 @ 9:28 pm

Already bought everything to make it for NYE. Although, Im having a reallly hard time not throwing it together tonight and making this my dinner…(I don’t blame you!) Back away from the fridge Alaina….48 more hours…..

Natalie — December 29, 2011 @ 10:53 pm

Looks so inviting! I must make it!!

Tracy Dawson — December 29, 2011 @ 11:45 pm

Jessica this post hit very close home…seriously! That very same helicopter has been doing fly bys in my kitchen, living room and even the bathroom vanity. I too was lucky enough to find an iPad under the tree yippee, it need not be a landing pad! I shall be adding this dip to my New Years party snacks Thanks for a great blog :)

Emily@ Living Longfellow — December 30, 2011 @ 12:39 am

I’ve been meaning to get one of those bowls for awhile now from Crate and Barrel. This is my gal dang sign-that dish looks too good. I’m buying it tomorrow!

DessertForTwo — December 30, 2011 @ 12:40 am

Somebody slather me with this and leave me be with a pile of those water crackers (Whole Foods brand only, please) ;)

JulieD — December 30, 2011 @ 1:43 am

I love this! I love that it has cheese and even more cheese!!

Erin — December 30, 2011 @ 9:16 am

Haha! A couple of years ago my father-in-law got this tiny remote control helicopter for Christmas as well, and I’m pretty sure it is all my husband and his brothers play with. They didn’t even care about their other gifts.

Nicolasina — December 30, 2011 @ 9:29 am

I am having 10 guests for NYE therefore decided to double the recipe. After grating 24 oz of cheese…I’m wondering…was serves about four…meant to be facetious?? lol

• Jessica — December 30th, 2011 @ 9:32 am

No… appetizers are hard to judge because you never know how much of it people will eat, will there be other apps, etc… I probably would double it for 10 people too. My cousin, husband and I ate almost the entire portion listed for lunch last week.

Anna @ hiddenponies — December 30, 2011 @ 11:52 am

Oh man, I saw this on TK and had to come over and see more pictures of it. I need this in my life asap.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 30, 2011 @ 1:22 pm

This dip is perfect. Please package some up and mail to me :-)

Tracy — December 30, 2011 @ 1:56 pm

Looove this dip! I just pinned it to my New Year’s board and am planning to make it. Yum! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Jessica!!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — December 30, 2011 @ 6:12 pm

yay!! i said to make a cheesey dip!!!! :)

Brandon @ Kitchen Konfidence — December 30, 2011 @ 6:27 pm

Oh wow. That looks SO good. I’m collecting NYE appetizer ideas right now. This is going on the list.

Thanks!

Jade — December 30, 2011 @ 8:45 pm

I also bought my husband a remote controlled helicopter. He just likes to fly it around my head and just out of the dogs reach. What were we thinking?? This dip sounds amazing!!

Ann — December 31, 2011 @ 1:27 am

Wow! That is some cheesy deliciousness! I think if my hubby tried to land his helicopter on my iPad, I would probably hide the remote!

Melody — December 31, 2011 @ 8:11 pm

Oh my merciful heavens…I just made this. I added roasted garlic. It was beyond DELICIOUS! Happy New Year!!

Laura — December 31, 2011 @ 9:29 pm

So glad to know it is not only my husband with the RC stuff! lol… just a guy thing!! We will just have to shake our heads.. (and roll our eyes!)

Katherine — January 2, 2012 @ 11:20 am

I hear you! I stupidly bought my boyfriend a remote control helicopter and now not only do I have it buzzing around my head and chasing me around the house, he has decided that EVERYTHING should be remote controlled in his life…sigh…boys.

Liz — January 2, 2012 @ 3:33 pm

I made this dip for a New Years Eve party that I went to this weekend. It was a HIT! Thank you for such a great recipe!

Bridget — January 3, 2012 @ 11:06 pm

I made this for the Packer game on Sunday… it was a huge hit! Another plus was that this recipe gave me the excuse to cook bacon in the morning (just so I could use it for the recipe….).

Diana — January 9, 2012 @ 9:30 pm

When I first saw this on Tastespotting I thought it was French onion soup. But this looks equally good! I’m sure it was quite a hit.

Jekka — January 12, 2012 @ 9:28 pm

And my “eat healthy” resolve just flew out the window. This looks FAB! :)

Kristen @ The Endless Meal — January 19, 2012 @ 3:00 am

This looks absolutely delicious! My waistline is just a little bit afraid ;)

Jeanette — January 25, 2012 @ 6:51 pm

Made this the other day, I will be making this for Super Bowl Sunday!! This was SOOOO GOOD!! Loved it! I didn’t add bacon as I didn’t have it on hand but it was still great without.

choklate — May 11, 2012 @ 10:14 am

OMG! I am definitely going to try this recipe this weekend. I can already tell by the ingredients that this is a 10 STAR….. not a 5 Star, but a 10 STAR appetizer. This is going to be the Mother’s Day appetizer of the day. Now what kind of crackers were you serving with the dip? Oh, never mind. I have some Sea Salt Pita chips that will go great with this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Carolynn Peaslee — April 19, 2013 @ 4:57 pm

One sure fire way to find appetizers that will get the job doneis to use copycat restaurant recipes. These recipes have beendeveloped by skilled chefs that mimic some of the best entrees,appetizers and desserts from America’s most popular restaurants.,

Latest article on our very own webpage

Michelle — August 29, 2013 @ 1:09 am

Fantastic!!! I made this for a party and people asked for the recipe. I really liked it with Malbec and Trader Joe’s Multigrain Pita Crackers (maybe these are the ones in the picture, too(?)). I look forward to trying more savory recipes from this website.