Hello you luscious grapes you.

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

You know, luscious is sort of one of those words that makes my skin crawl. It’s just so… blahhh. Like one of those words that makes you cringe to the point where you could punch a puppy in the face. So yucky.

Too much?

I just had no other words to describe these grapes. I wish I could hug them.

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

From the moment I saw Maria’s roasted grape crostini, I was intrigued. What are these roasted grapes that people speak of? I figured I’d be a fan since I generally adore grapes in all of their bouncy, juicy glory… but I had no idea I’d be THIS MUCH of a fan.

Oh my stars.

Add roasted grapes to the list of my most recent obsessions (oh hi Rob Lowe). I can’t get enough. And that is how this weirdo combo was born. I also really like to watch things burst in the oven. Easily amused much?

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

So what do we classify this as? A snack? A side dish?

Lunch? Breakfast?

I just know that I want to eat it every day for the rest of my life. And then again. Twice.

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

Can we make that happen? I’d like an afterlife full of roasted grapes please.

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

Plus, this whole mess is stuffed with goat cheese, which is like… a law of life. Cheese belongs everywhere people. Everywhere I tell you!

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

Roasted Grape + Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

[inspired by Maria's crostini]

makes 4 potatoes

4 sweet potatoes

2 cups red, seedless grapes

1 teaspoon grapeseed oil (or another high heat oil)

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

4 ounces goat cheese

2 tablespoons honey + additional for drizzling

pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Poke holes in sweet potato with a fork, then wrap each tightly in aluminum foil. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until potatoes and tender to the touch. Unwrap foil and cut a slit down the middle of each sweet potato. Let sit until cool enough to handle.

Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. Lay grapes on a nonstick baking sheet and drizzle with grapeseed oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until grapes begin to burst. Remove from the oven and let cool.

Once sweet potatoes are somewhat cool, gently remove the flesh with a spoon, trying to keep the potato intact. Add the sweet potato to a large bowl, then mash with 3 ounces of goat cheese, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, pepper and honey. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired, then scoop flash back into the potato skins. At this point you can re-warm the potatoes (if you let them cool completely) in the oven, then top with remaining goat cheese. Add grapes on top and serve with additional drizzled honey.

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

You have GOT to try this. Please?

310 Responses to “Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes.”

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — January 18, 2012 @ 7:59 am

Oh my, that looks strangely delicious.

Michele — January 18, 2012 @ 8:03 am

you’re honestly the death of me.

Maria — January 18, 2012 @ 8:04 am

I LOVE roasted grapes. I will be trying this one! Glad you liked my crostini:)

Kelly — January 18, 2012 @ 8:06 am

Huh. I must say that I am curious!

Amy — January 18, 2012 @ 8:06 am

Wow! These sound so amazing! I would have never thought to combine these things, but they would be so delicious together, like a savory dessert! I am so trying this one :)!

mary (sisters running the kitchen) — January 18, 2012 @ 8:08 am

these sound amazing! i love the flavor combinations. i LOVE grapes but have never roasted them…I’ll have to give it a try!

Katrina — January 18, 2012 @ 8:08 am

This is a main meal for me! I’ll take seven please.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — January 18, 2012 @ 8:08 am

I can honestly say I’ve never had a roasted grape before. You have me wanting to try it out!

• Jessica — January 18th, 2012 @ 8:28 am

You must must must try them!!

Ali @ Peaches and Football — January 18, 2012 @ 8:10 am

I’ve never had a roasted grape before either and would never have thought to put them on top of sweet potatoes. I LOVE my sweet pots though so this looks intriguing!

julia — January 18, 2012 @ 8:18 am

I think drool might be oozing from my chin the way the honey is oozing from the sweet potatoes…

Sommer J — January 18, 2012 @ 8:24 am

I WANT THIS! Yes, I just screamed that and my kids think I am crazier than they suspected. Well, thank you for the this Saturday’s side dish, doll!!!

Stephanie — January 18, 2012 @ 8:25 am

you have to try grapes on focaccia. I made one one time that had garlic shallot and rosemary and halved grapes

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — January 18, 2012 @ 8:27 am

I sort of want to do a face plant right into that. I imagine the sweet roasted grapes have the most amazing flavor that completely compliments the warm fluffy sweet potato and is then made even better by the smooth cream goat cheese. Then you add honey…yeah, this may be my new favorite combination. Now I have to come up with something for the cheese. You are the only person that makes me sad I can’t have cheese…

• Jessica — January 18th, 2012 @ 8:28 am

Ahhh, I wish you could!

Becki's Whole Life — January 18, 2012 @ 8:29 am

Definitely a new thing to try – roasted grapes. My newest thing is warmed fruit so this is definitely right on point for me:-)…I think when you top sweet potatoes with goat cheese and roasted grapes and honey it becomes a dessert…or afternoon snack.

Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers — January 18, 2012 @ 8:31 am

Wow what a creative dish! I would never of thought of grapes and sweet potatoes, it looks really good and I am betting the flavors go well together. I need to make this, perfect for lunch!!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — January 18, 2012 @ 8:35 am

ohmigosh i want to take a bath in that sweet potato.

i don’t even know how that would work. but i want it.

Kim in MD — January 18, 2012 @ 8:35 am

If that potato is a mess, it sure is a beautiful mess! I love the goat cheese and roasted grapes…

Lauren @ Healthy Food For Living — January 18, 2012 @ 8:37 am

I have been meaning to try roasted grapes… combine them with sweet potatoes & goat cheese (a.k.a. two of my very favorite foods) and you don’t have to ask me twice to make this amazing creation!

Erica — January 18, 2012 @ 8:39 am

What a unique recipe! Love sweet potatoes and grapes! Im in

Mansee — January 18, 2012 @ 8:40 am

How interesting! Can’t wait to give roasted grapes a try!

Sally @ Spontaneous Hausfrau — January 18, 2012 @ 8:42 am

Now THAT is really creative, different, and interesting. I’ve never had roasted grapes but they look gorgeous!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — January 18, 2012 @ 8:42 am

I love the roasted grape/goat cheese crostini idea, but would never have thought to try it on a sweet potato!

Molly @ RDexposed — January 18, 2012 @ 8:43 am

Hold on…roasted grapes? That’s life changing. I need roasted grapes and goat cheese on a salad stat.
    Thank you!

Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray — January 18, 2012 @ 8:43 am

YUM! I made a pork tenderloin with roasted grapes and I was hooked immediately too. They are so delicious! Love your combination here.

Bev Weidner — January 18, 2012 @ 8:50 am

That is the most unbelievable thing I’ve ever peeped. Like, EVAR. To the max. And then back again. And then back out there with the max. And then back. And then it sucker punched me.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — January 18, 2012 @ 8:58 am

Roasted grapes are a pretty foreign concept to me too, but I’m intrigued by this! When I was little, for dessert my sister and I would sit at the table with bowls of grapes and try to crunch them in just the right way to squirt the other person in the face. Yep… I had a pretty exciting childhood. I know this would likely never happen in your house, because fruit on it’s own is never worthy of being called dessert! ;)

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles — January 18, 2012 @ 9:04 am

This totally belongs in a gourmet restaurant! WOWZA!

kathleen @ the daily crumb — January 18, 2012 @ 9:13 am

this recipe is literally all of my favorite things on one plate. i eat red grapes by the bushel-full, but roasted?! that is new to me. cannot WAIT to try this!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — January 18, 2012 @ 9:18 am

Obsessed. Need.grapes.immediately!

Jamily — January 18, 2012 @ 9:27 am

holy crap. I want this NOW.

Liam G — January 18, 2012 @ 9:29 am

I want to try this just to watch things burst in the oven too!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — January 18, 2012 @ 9:33 am

This is genius. I’ve never roasted grapes but I can just imagine the flavor! The goat cheese is like the icing on the cake because who doesn’t love goat cheese?!

Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables — January 18, 2012 @ 9:36 am

I’m seriously obsessed with goat cheese and roasted grapes sound amazing.

Gabby @ Gabby's Gluten-Free — January 18, 2012 @ 9:38 am

Ok, now I seriously have to try roasted grapes. I am definitely going to make this, maybe with a little sprinkle of crispy panchetta on top? Oh yes.

• Jessica — January 18th, 2012 @ 9:57 am

OMG that would be even better!!

Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life — January 18, 2012 @ 9:44 am

I could not be in more agreeance about the cheese.

This looks like a wonderful dinner!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile — January 18, 2012 @ 9:45 am

Holy crap. I am droooooling.

Katie — January 18, 2012 @ 10:01 am

Roasted grapes?!?! I never knew you could do such a thing. NEVER.

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh — January 18, 2012 @ 10:07 am

You certainly have me curious if nothing else!

Sam — January 18, 2012 @ 10:16 am

This sounds and looks amazing!! I love roasted grapes. I usually roast them with chopped up butternut squash, vidalia onion, and sage leaves… it is divine.

Jackie Grandy — January 18, 2012 @ 10:18 am

Wow, what an interesting but wonderful combination.

Hilliary @Happily Ever Healthy — January 18, 2012 @ 10:27 am

YUM! I have been on a goat cheese kick lately!

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food — January 18, 2012 @ 10:27 am

How unique!? I can’t wait to try!

stephanie @cookinfanatic — January 18, 2012 @ 10:29 am

wow girl, i dont even like goat cheese (yea yea yea, i know) but these look sooooooooo tasty! i wonder if blue cheese or brie could be a substitute? love the idea of the sweet honey and grapes!

Cait's Plate — January 18, 2012 @ 10:35 am

I wish my food brain worked like yours. How do you EVER come up with such amazing ideas!?

Cara — January 18, 2012 @ 10:40 am

I’ve put these ingredients on a pizza, but never imagined a sweet potato! nicely done :)

Carissa — January 18, 2012 @ 10:47 am

These sweet potatoes reminded me! I had the most amazing sweet potato waffle fries drizzle w/ honey, brown sugar & chopped pecans. They had a sweet & sour chili sauce for dipping. It was the most fantastic thing I’ve eaten in so long! Like dessert & dinner rolled into one. I think you’d love that combo!

Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama — January 18, 2012 @ 10:51 am

I loooove roasted grapes! I usually throw them on a salad but this is a much better idea.

Courtney — January 18, 2012 @ 10:57 am

Roasted grapes?!? I have never heard of such a thing but I am so intrigued! Must. Try. Asap. And goat cheese too? Stuffed in a sweet potato? It’s like you have discovered my comfort food heaven! Also I am right there with you about the word luscious. It sounds lewd. As does the word moist. Eww right?

danguole — January 18, 2012 @ 10:58 am

I want to put that in my face.

Love me some roasted grapes–I recently put them on polenta with roasted chicken Italian sausage and it was pretty fab.

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — January 18, 2012 @ 11:18 am

I am in love with all of these ingredients – so perfect! I have a weird obsession with grapes :)

1 2 3 5

1. Pingback: Three Meals | Banksyface

2. Pingback: Friday Favorites! | mommysmenu

3. Pingback: cooked vegtables- sauteed, roasted, casseroles | Pearltrees

4. Pingback: Weekly Rewind | Live, Love, & Run

5. Pingback: Pepper Jelly and Class Photo « bowersbakingandbabies

6. Pingback: sinful dinner (the best kind) | after hours

7. Pingback: It’s time for WIAW! | Fitnessnfoodiegirl's Blog

8. Pingback: Rainy Day | Heather Bakes

9. Pingback: Roasted Grapes and Goat’s Cheese Baked Sweet Potatoes with Maple Syrup « UrbanCountryStyle

10. Pingback: Roasted, Toasted… | Confessions of a Human Vacuum

11. Pingback: Cranberry Cinnamon Goat Cheese Stuffed Sweet Potatoes « Tall Girl in a Small State

12. Pingback: Some Recent Finds « The Journey of a Thousand Miles

13. Pingback: - I Eat Asphalt — I Eat Asphalt

14. Pingback: Sweet Potatoes with goat cheese, roasted grapes and drizzled with honey « Sweet Spatulas

15. Pingback: Goat Cheese Sweet Potato Cheesecakes w/ Roasted Grapes

16. Pingback: Sweet potato with goat cheese, roasted grapes, and honey. - - Network Panda – cPanel Web hosting, PHP, MySQL, unlimited disk space and bandwidth

17. Pingback: Quinoa and roasted grape salad

18. Pingback: I Yam Dying to Share This Recipe With You! | Little Daily Reflections

19. Pingback: 2 Week Meal Plan – May 17, 2012 |

20. Pingback: Weekly Favorites | Trying for Baby S.

21. Pingback: PB&J Gone Gourmet « emeliorations

22. Pingback: Roasted Strawberry, Goat Cheese and Asparagus Farro. | How Sweet It Is

23. Pingback: Favorites « The Little Bite

24. Pingback: Coveting Pinterest Finds |

25. Pingback: sweet potatoes with goat cheese, honey & roasted grapes | the wicked noodle

26. Pingback: sweet potatoes with goat cheese, honey & roasted grapes | the wicked noodle

27. Pingback: Bite Of Minnesota: Roasted Grapes & Sweet Potatoes « CBS Minnesota

28. Pingback: Roasted Corn + Red Pepper Avocado Quesadillas | Making Life Sweet | Lauren Hardy

29. Pingback: Made It! Loved It! — very culinary

30. Pingback: Eat Your Veggies! Sweet Potato Recipes

31. Pingback: Happy Weekend! « Sepia Toned Loving

32. Pingback: Fuel Your Body !!! | project chula

33. Pingback: PinLaVie... Make your pins come true – Roasted Grape + Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

34. Pingback: Arif Blog – 23 Amazing Ways To Eat A Baked Potato For Dinner

35. Pingback: 23 Amazing Ways To Eat A Baked Potato For Dinner | シ最愛遲到.!

36. Pingback: Eat Your Veggies! Sweet Potato Recipes

37. Pingback: pineapple salsa with cilantro | just blither blather

38. Pingback: Sweet Potatoes with Roasted Grapes, Goat Cheese, and Honey | schmerica cooks

39. Pingback: Sweet Potato Recipes {A Roundup} – Side Dishes

40. Pingback: Butternut Squash and Roasted Grape Salad | So...Let's Hang Out

41. Pingback: Roasted Grape Flatbread with RosemaryYeah…imma eat that.

42. Pingback: Goodness Grape-cious -

43. Pingback: Väliraporttia lihattomasta lokakuusta | Helloillamme

44. Pingback: grapes, cinnamon…goat cheese? |

45. Pingback: Cheesy Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Arugula + Poached Eggs | How Sweet It Is

46. Pingback: How Sweet it is | And Off ReGo

47. Pingback: 31 Delicious Things To Cook In January | GossipViews.com

48. Pingback: 1月に料理する31のうまいもの | 健康一番!!ビタミンの上手な取り方とダイエット!夏まで5キロ目標に(^O^)

49. Pingback: 1月に料理する31のうまいもの | 男は美味しいご飯に弱い!最新モテ料理・肉料理! 女子は必見!

50. Pingback: 1月に料理する31のうまいもの | アメリカ最新美味しい~食事!こんな新しいメニュー見たことない!