Hello you luscious grapes you.

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

You know, luscious is sort of one of those words that makes my skin crawl. It’s just so… blahhh. Like one of those words that makes you cringe to the point where you could punch a puppy in the face. So yucky.

Too much?

I just had no other words to describe these grapes. I wish I could hug them.

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

From the moment I saw Maria’s roasted grape crostini, I was intrigued. What are these roasted grapes that people speak of? I figured I’d be a fan since I generally adore grapes in all of their bouncy, juicy glory… but I had no idea I’d be THIS MUCH of a fan.

Oh my stars.

Add roasted grapes to the list of my most recent obsessions (oh hi Rob Lowe). I can’t get enough. And that is how this weirdo combo was born. I also really like to watch things burst in the oven. Easily amused much?

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

So what do we classify this as? A snack? A side dish?

Lunch? Breakfast?

I just know that I want to eat it every day for the rest of my life. And then again. Twice.

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

Can we make that happen? I’d like an afterlife full of roasted grapes please.

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

Plus, this whole mess is stuffed with goat cheese, which is like… a law of life. Cheese belongs everywhere people. Everywhere I tell you!

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

Roasted Grape + Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

[inspired by Maria's crostini]

makes 4 potatoes

4 sweet potatoes

2 cups red, seedless grapes

1 teaspoon grapeseed oil (or another high heat oil)

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

4 ounces goat cheese

2 tablespoons honey + additional for drizzling

pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Poke holes in sweet potato with a fork, then wrap each tightly in aluminum foil. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until potatoes and tender to the touch. Unwrap foil and cut a slit down the middle of each sweet potato. Let sit until cool enough to handle.

Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. Lay grapes on a nonstick baking sheet and drizzle with grapeseed oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until grapes begin to burst. Remove from the oven and let cool.

Once sweet potatoes are somewhat cool, gently remove the flesh with a spoon, trying to keep the potato intact. Add the sweet potato to a large bowl, then mash with 3 ounces of goat cheese, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, pepper and honey. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired, then scoop flash back into the potato skins. At this point you can re-warm the potatoes (if you let them cool completely) in the oven, then top with remaining goat cheese. Add grapes on top and serve with additional drizzled honey.

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

You have GOT to try this. Please?

295 Responses to “Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes.”

ina — January 19, 2012 @ 7:59 am

thank god it’s a sweet potato, it looked like black pudding (or any other bloody sausage)

haniela — January 19, 2012 @ 8:31 am

omg, this looks so good, i just bought some sweet potatoes.

eatingRD — January 19, 2012 @ 1:06 pm

holy smokes this looks good. I’ve never tried roasting grapes before. Looks delish and goat cheese is my fav of all favs.

jennifer — January 19, 2012 @ 2:55 pm

Yummy! Will try this!
    Would these roasted grapes be good in a salad, with goat cheese, lettuce, and walnuts?!

• Jessica — January 19th, 2012 @ 5:41 pm

I definitely think so!

Lex — January 19, 2012 @ 8:26 pm

Holy smokes, you’re genius! I would have never thought about this combination.

Cookie and Kate — January 19, 2012 @ 9:29 pm

Oh my. I’m at a loss for words. Roasted grapes… sweet potato… goat cheese… honey. Brilliant.

Claire — January 19, 2012 @ 10:39 pm

I’m going to be honest, I am SO intimidated by these roasted grapes. I’m kinda obsessed with grapes when they’re cold – I’ve been eating frozen grapes by the cup since I was about 2 years old. . . Do you PROMISE the roasted ones are just as wonderful!?

xoxo,

Scared grape lover.

• Jessica — January 19th, 2012 @ 11:13 pm

I think they are!

• Lorri — January 24th, 2012 @ 9:34 pm

Thank you for turning me on to roasted grapes! LOVE Them!

Javelin Warrior — January 20, 2012 @ 11:51 am

Love these! And I’ve been inspired to feature your sweet potatoes in my Friday Food Fetish roundup and on Pinterest. I can’t wait to see what you come up with next and please let me know if you have any objections…

Jenny — January 20, 2012 @ 1:48 pm

Can you use olive oil instead of grapeseed oil..?

• Jessica — January 20th, 2012 @ 1:50 pm

I wouldn’t use olive oil because it doesn’t have a very high smoke point and the oven will be really hot… try canola or safflower or another high heat oil first, and if you must then try olive oil – but it will probably smoke.

Miranda — January 20, 2012 @ 5:03 pm

Wow, that looks so divine. I wish I could eat this right now! Too bad a snow storm is rolling through so I cannot get the grapes!!!!! I am so making this tomorrow though.

Jenny @ Savour the Senses — January 20, 2012 @ 6:08 pm

I am making these ASAP! I love goat cheese and this combination sounds so delicious!

Nikki — January 21, 2012 @ 1:51 pm

We are having this as a side tonight!!! Can’t wait!

Caro — January 21, 2012 @ 1:52 pm

Just made this for my dinner, and OMG it was fab! Definitely to be repeated!

Becca — January 21, 2012 @ 3:26 pm

Yes I will try this! It does look luscious;) But can you substitute the goat cheese?

Ann — January 21, 2012 @ 11:25 pm

OMG – That IS luscious! What a GREAT combination! I think the goat cheese is my absolute favorite part – and it keeps it from being over-the-top sweet! Fabulous photos – as always!

Lorene Edwards Forkner — January 22, 2012 @ 2:31 pm

…what is the word I’m looking for??? Oh yeah – BACON!!!

Crissybloom — January 22, 2012 @ 10:14 pm

I just made this and added candied pecans to top…So GOOD!!!!!

Gaby — January 23, 2012 @ 5:47 pm

I tried this out tonight and it WAS AWESOME. Thanks for this.

Jamie @ Thrifty Veggie Mama — January 24, 2012 @ 9:26 am

Hmm…Definitely intrigued. I am a big fan of roasting things and love goat cheese. Just might have to give this a try

Alicia — January 24, 2012 @ 6:19 pm

I am officially drooling…

Lorri — January 24, 2012 @ 9:32 pm

This was fantastic, but really rich and a little too sweet. I changed it up on the second batch and added a teaspoon of cayenne and a little more salt and it turned out fantastic.. still sweet, savory, spicy.. yum!

Jane S. — January 24, 2012 @ 10:14 pm

I made this into a casserole last night. It was fantastic! =) Thanks for the suggestion!

Brandi — January 25, 2012 @ 12:42 am

Had this dish bookmarked and finally made it. Holy hell. So freaking tasty.

Jess D. — January 26, 2012 @ 12:53 am

This combo sounds so goid, but I am not a big fan of sweet potatoes, do you think you could mix this with jasmine rice? Thanks for the great idea

Brandon @ Kitchen Konfidence — January 26, 2012 @ 2:53 am

I’ve been meaning to roast up some grapes ever since I saw it done on the Cooking Channel. This looks like an interesting flavor combo.

Jennie (in Wonderland) — January 26, 2012 @ 10:39 pm

I pretty much think roasted grapes and goat cheese sounds like the best thing ever. Sweet and savoury, mmmm.

I am actually considering adding these to pretty much everything now. I think baked goat cheese topped with roasted grapes would be delicious. Or how about roasted grapes on top of a salad with toasted spicy pecans? Or roasted grapes (without the salt and pepper) on top of greek yogurt? Or roasted grapes on top of ICE CREAM…

OMG, dying.

Jenine — January 28, 2012 @ 11:49 pm

I just made this for some friends and my husband for dinner. Holy cow! It is so delicious! I can’t wait to make it again… for Thanksgiving! Thank you for posting this flavorfully amazing recipe!

Barb B. — January 30, 2012 @ 9:01 pm

OMG……..I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo HUNGRY……….you are AMAZING!!!!!!!.

Scelina — January 31, 2012 @ 9:06 am

YUMMY!!!

Marie — February 1, 2012 @ 1:10 pm

Sounds yummy!!
    What do you suggest serving this with?
    Entree that is.

Tinah — February 5, 2012 @ 5:35 am

Hi Jessica,
    since I first saw a picture of this meal, I was sure it must be delicious. And I had to try it. Bought a sweet potatos (they are not too common in our country) and yesterday I made it. And it was delicious! Both, my husband and I, really enjoyed it and I know I will make it more often :)
    So thanks.
    Greetings from a Czech Rep., Europe

Meagan — February 6, 2012 @ 4:55 pm

I made these this weekend for dinner and there were honestly the best stuffed potatoes I have had in a very long time. Everyone loved them and I will be making again no doubt!

Deanna — February 16, 2012 @ 8:50 pm

Can I use feta or is it too dry?

Heidi P. — February 20, 2012 @ 3:34 am

I can only get yellow sweet potatoes. Will they work? They look longer and I don’t know if their skin is as thick… so I’m not sure how the baking and the cup-like effect will go. Any idea??

• Lyzz — March 2nd, 2012 @ 11:48 pm

I believe these are yams! At least that’s what I cooked with and they came out great :)

Heather — February 22, 2012 @ 8:36 pm

Omg Soooooo good!!! I love goat cheese, and I’ve been searching for recipes with it. This is fantastic!

Lyzz — March 2, 2012 @ 11:47 pm

I made these tonight for my self, my boyfriend, my mom and her boyfriend. The two men aren’t sweets lovers, and they were saying “mmm” at every bite! Love this recipe!

Gillian — March 6, 2012 @ 2:51 am

SO good! I will definitely make this again – thanks for sharing!

A few things I did to speed this up (I used one whole potato for just me & my husband)
    -Microwave the potato (wrapped in a paper towel) for 4 mins
    -As the oven was preheating (once it got to 250), I threw the potato and the grapes in. Once it got to 450, the grapes had roasted & popped.

All together, took about 10-15 minutes to pull together :)
    PS – I didn’t have grapeseed, so I used Safflower oil. You can use any high-temperature oil — just don’t use cold pressed oils like olive oil, since they burn at high temps.

• Summer — March 11th, 2012 @ 9:04 pm

Ahahahahaha! I was just about to post how IIiii made it quicker, too! Great minds, great minds…

-Microwave the potatoes (rub w/canola oil and stick them in a paper lunch bag or two – cook 5 mins each side)
      -Roast grapes in a non-stick bread pan in the toaster oven at the same time. I used canola oil.

Total time: 15 minutes.

I thought it tasted pretty good, but I’m such a freak for plain sweet potatoes, I may just stick to that. I don’t buy goat cheese often.

Regardless, I felt very adventurous, thank you! And I liked roasting the grapes. Great idea for putting over ice cream!!!

Thanks!
      Summer

Tiffany — March 20, 2012 @ 9:33 am

So if I am not a fan of goat cheese (blasphemy from the sounds of other comments I have read), is there another cheese that would work well in this recipe. I do like bleu cheese and feta cheese, love them both actually. Any other foodies out there that might be able to suggest an alternative?

Tiffany

KMZ — April 2, 2012 @ 9:27 am

I borrowed the roasted grapes idea for a vegan cheesecake I made this past weekend. It was good. Really, really good. So good, I’m here to write to any one perusing the comments for a declaration of roasted-grape-deliciousness – consider this it.

Dana — April 16, 2012 @ 4:06 pm

How did you get your sweet potatoes so tender? I cooked mine for an hour at 350 and then when I could not even get a knife into one, I stuck it back in the oven with the grapes. Then I peeled off the skin and cut them up and let them cook for even longer at 400. And I still cannot mash them up as you show in the picture.

Ryan — May 9, 2012 @ 7:17 pm

Made these tonight- roasted the grapes with the sweet potatoes to save time at 400– AMAZING!! Thanks for this!

Lynne — May 24, 2012 @ 9:00 pm

Well, this sorts out what to have for dinner tonight nicely :-)
    It is completely different to anything I have ever made in my life and is the first time in a long time that I have had that buzz of eager anticipation over trying something new. Most recipes these days are re-hashes of re-do’s of re-makes of pre-existing recipes, but this is NEW and EXCITING !!
    Thank you to whoever pinned it and brought it to my attention :-)

Sarah — May 31, 2012 @ 7:28 pm

This recipe is to. die. for. Eating it now and I’m in a heavenly blissful trance.

Jacq — June 2, 2012 @ 12:53 pm

Omg, just made this yesterday… one word: devine.
    Thanks for the yummy idea!

Morgan — June 4, 2012 @ 2:15 pm

OH MY. Made this for lunch today. I used feta instead of goat cheese because it’s what I had on hand. Thanks for the amazing recipe!

Melanie — June 4, 2012 @ 9:05 pm

Oh. My. Gosh. This was amazing!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Kelly — June 8, 2012 @ 10:28 pm

My mouth started watering when I look at and read this recipe. I dreamt about this recipe. Went shopping today and got all the ingredients. Can’t wait to try it tomorrow.

Charlie — June 29, 2012 @ 10:55 am

Ive been meaning to try this for ages- I’m making it tonight but to top bruschetta rather than the potato- cant wait!

Amanda — July 12, 2012 @ 7:05 pm

This was sSOOOOOoooOOOOoo good! Made two sweet potatoes tonight for husband and I, and roasted grapes- OMG. I think I’m going to roast and eat the rest of the bag, all by themselves. I used feta and it was a “nice fight” between it and the rest of the recipe. I did cut back on the honey. Husband gave them the thumbs up and I made some Facebook friends jealous by bragging about them.

pam — July 16, 2012 @ 11:32 am

found these on pinterest the other day and made them this past weekend. they are phenomenal! my husband and i loved them! pam