Soooooo. You should make this.

I know. I say that all the time. BUT.

I really mean it. Really really.

I’d have to say this is in the top ten of things I’ve ever made. Yeah. For serious. Which is like… the top ten in a million things. Big deal.

And it totally took me by surprise. Gave me a big, fat punch of bewilderment square in the face.

I mean, I expected it to taste good. Obviously. But like… not THAT good.

My grandma always loved this little swiss almond cheese spread that came in a plastic container, and my mom still often buys it to serve with snacks and appetizers. It’s delicious smeared on crackers, but I decided it would be more delicious if someone combined a ton of toasted almonds with a few plentiful thousand handfuls of cheese.

I was right.

Happy happy joy joy.

I mean, just look at that hot, melty mess down there. I can’t even tell you how freaking good this is.

NOW MAKE IT FOR THE SUPER BOWL! Orrrr… just because you are awesome.

Toasted Almond Parmesan Dip

makes about 1 1/2 cups of dip

6 ounces cream cheese

2 ounces mascarpone cheese

1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese

3/4 cup sliced toasted almonds

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1/8 teaspoon nutmeg

pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mascarpone, salt, pepper, nutmeg, parmesan and 1/2 cup almonds. Mix with a spoon to combine, then press into a baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining almonds. Serve with crackers and pita chips!

Note: you can use low-fat cream cheese since the mascarpone has fat in it; not sure about using fat-free.

You are awesome, right?

111 Responses to “Toasted Almond Parmesan Dip.”

Kim in MD — January 27, 2012 @ 8:04 am

That is one gorgeous bowl of hot mess! Is it bad that I want this dip for breakfast? ;-)

• Savannah — January 27th, 2012 @ 10:20 am

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that…

• Cait's Plate — January 27th, 2012 @ 11:14 am

I would agree. It’s 10:15 in the morning and I want to dive head first into it!

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — January 27, 2012 @ 8:06 am

Droooooool. Is there anything better than hot cheese?

Ali @ Peaches and Football — January 27, 2012 @ 8:07 am

I AM awesome and this awesome dip does look absolutely perfect for the Superbowl!!!! This is good cause I’ve been looking for some interesting new dip recipes to bring along.

Heather — January 27, 2012 @ 8:10 am

i happen to have a tub of swiss almond cheese spread in the office fridge right this moment. Always comes in handy when a snack-attack hits.

And you know I have a thing for dips, right? I have parties which the entire menu looks as follows:

buffalo chicken dip
    barbeque chicken dip
    pizza dip
    cookie dough dip
    yogurt fruit dip
    taco dip
    spinach dip

and a million things to dip with. [most things = bread. crackers. about seven carrots and a stalk or two of celery. more bread. a bread bowl to serve in. some bread sticks. some more crackers. maybe a pretzel. a sliced cucumber. Those mini rye bread things. Hawiian bread. homemade bread. storemade bread. and, generally, bread.

side note: nicholas seems to think cucumbers are a good dipping agent for cookie dough dip. Yes, I'm serious. YES, he made others try it, too. They may have agreed. be warned.

all this to say - HOORAY another dip to add to the rotation. [along with your Greek dip thing...i still havent broken out THAT recipe!]

looks like it’s time to get some bread.

• Jessica — January 27th, 2012 @ 8:12 am

Cucumber?! I guess you can pass that dip off as healthy then.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — January 27, 2012 @ 8:14 am

Included in the top ten of things you’ve ever made? My ears perked up when I read that. It means it’s amazing. Don’t get me wrong, it looks good…but I think the Snickers you made yesterday belongs smack dab in that top 10 list :)

Chris — January 27, 2012 @ 8:18 am

Those crackers are looking pretty tasty too. What kind are they? Can’t wait to try this dip!

• Jessica — January 27th, 2012 @ 8:19 am

They are the whole grain + flaxseed pita crisps from Trader Joe’s. Our favorite crackers ever!

• Chris — January 27th, 2012 @ 8:24 am

Bummer ~ no Trader Joe’s near me. Will have to find a sub. Thanks anyway! :)

Bev Weidner — January 27, 2012 @ 8:20 am

My face hurts from wanting to eat this.

Joelle (on a pink typewriter) — January 27, 2012 @ 8:25 am

You had me at the word dip.. I could totally see this at a Super Bowl party next week…

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — January 27, 2012 @ 8:31 am

Can you buy marscapone in small amounts? I worry about buying the big tub and letting it go to waste.

Genius recipe, as always!

• Jessica — January 27th, 2012 @ 8:35 am

I think the smallest tub I’ve seen is 8 ounces.

• Crickle — January 27th, 2012 @ 10:32 am

An amazing use for leftover marscapone (if there is such a thing) is to cook up some pineapple chunks in butter, drizzle with honey, toast some pine nuts then add them to the awesomeness. In a separate bowl, mix up your marscapone with honey (and or bourbon) to flavor. Put the pineapple/butter/honey/pine nuts awesomeness in a martini glass, top with a healthy (or not so healthy) dollop of marscapone and die happy. I mean enjoy. Because you’ll want to live to have that again. For every meal of your life.

Katrina — January 27, 2012 @ 8:33 am

This looks awesome…I’m glad you said just “how good” it is. I”m totally making it this weekend!

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh — January 27, 2012 @ 8:37 am

I hope it’s not a crime to forego the crackers and slam my face in the bowl.

Note to self: Stop typing inital thoughts. Others can see this.

Becki's Whole Life — January 27, 2012 @ 8:46 am

I know what cheese spread you are talking about – yum. If this tastes anything like it, but in homemade form I am sure it’s amazing. Especially with the marscapone and sliced almonds – that is a great combo!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — January 27, 2012 @ 8:47 am

i feel like i can taste it already…and WOW! how about making it on a friday night when you’re likely going to be the only one home and will likely be watching ridiculously horrible movies you found in the RedBox at the grocery store?

not that i know anyone who will be doing that…

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — January 27, 2012 @ 8:47 am

Mmmm! Isn’t it amazing how much more flavourful toasted almonds are in comparison to regular ones? I love your bright green bowl!

Mansee — January 27, 2012 @ 8:48 am

I hate to be Debbie Downer over here, but do you think I could substitute the almonds for anything else crunchy and amazing? I’m allergic to nuts, but this sounds so good!

• Jessica — January 27th, 2012 @ 9:04 am

Definitely! I’m sure it would taste okay without them, but the texture and crunchiness really does add to it. I’m not sure what could replace them tho… I will think about it and get back to you!

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles — January 27, 2012 @ 8:58 am

I wonder what the husband’s friends would think of his rockin wife if she brought this to the superbowl party!?! :)

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — January 27, 2012 @ 9:09 am

Almonds = power food therefore this dip = power food, right?

Lindsay @ Pinch of Yum — January 27, 2012 @ 9:21 am

Looks great! That means I’ll have to stop eating my fancy block of Parmesan cheese by the slice, though, which could be difficult. Time to buy some more!

Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables — January 27, 2012 @ 9:24 am

I know exactly what cheese dip you are talking about from the g-store, this homemade version looks way better!

Sahra — January 27, 2012 @ 9:33 am

I looove cheese dips! This looks so easy and soooo amazing! Love your plates!

Becca@learnasyougocook — January 27, 2012 @ 9:43 am

Not a big fan of dip but this I could be OK with:-D

Jordana — January 27, 2012 @ 9:55 am

Almonds + Cheese ?? Best. Thing. Ever. Soooo making it this weekend!

Tabitha (From Single to Married) — January 27, 2012 @ 9:55 am

mmm… that looks delicious!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — January 27, 2012 @ 10:03 am

This looks delicious!!!

Erika - The Teenage Taste — January 27, 2012 @ 10:22 am

I need this! :-D

Maureen — January 27, 2012 @ 10:42 am

Would it be bad if I said that I just want to eat it with a spoon? Or, even worse, with my hands?? Forget crackers….this bad boy looks amazing on its own!

Molly — January 27, 2012 @ 10:50 am

ok that looks way too good. just bookmarked this recipe. haha

Midwestern Belle — January 27, 2012 @ 10:52 am

This looks amazing! Can’t wait to try it!

Jess Wakasugi {Life's Simple Measures} — January 27, 2012 @ 11:02 am

Holy cow, this dip looks too goo to be true. That cheesy goodness and toasted almonds combination is making my mouth water! I pinned this recipe, can’t wait to whip this one out!

Jodi @ Southern Flavored Life — January 27, 2012 @ 11:06 am

I smell a Super Bowl snack….

DessertForTwo — January 27, 2012 @ 11:25 am

Anything with mascarpone belongs in my mouth.

• Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — January 27th, 2012 @ 11:28 am

I literally went to write the same exact thing, looked up saw you had JUST written it. Agreed. I would marry marscapone if possible.

Elizabeth @ the kitchen counsel — January 27, 2012 @ 11:28 am

that looks absolutely fabulous! and makes me want this right now. too bad i don’t have anything except the almonds and the parmesan in my kitchen.

Crystal — January 27, 2012 @ 11:37 am

OMG that looks good, I need to give this a try!

Jenni — January 27, 2012 @ 11:44 am

Really cute tea towels too!!

Emily (Edible Psychology) — January 27, 2012 @ 12:25 pm

Looks like a great dip for the Super Bowl! Or for any cold day.

~Emily~

Sara N. — January 27, 2012 @ 12:32 pm

You never fail on your dip recipes Jessica! I will certainly be trying this little gem soon. P.S. The crazy Greek dip is calling my name right now. Love that one too.

honeywhatscooking — January 27, 2012 @ 12:33 pm

this looks unbelievably good. Love love love!

Stephanie H — January 27, 2012 @ 12:44 pm

I want, but the husband can eat nuts…. : (

WenDee Riffe — January 27, 2012 @ 1:14 pm

man–this looks really really interesting and i think i will just have to give it a try!! superbowl dip??

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — January 27, 2012 @ 1:35 pm

Totally making this for the super bowl!! And I’m not sharing :)

nicole {sweet peony} — January 27, 2012 @ 1:52 pm

i live for dips. and cream cheese/mascarpone anything. perfection.

Erin — January 27, 2012 @ 1:53 pm

I definitely should make this. Along with the other million things I have bookmarked from your site!

sherri lynn @ life of a wife — January 27, 2012 @ 2:10 pm

This looks delicious!! I love a good dip!

Roz@weightingfor50 — January 27, 2012 @ 2:21 pm

O-M-G!!!!! This looks superb! I can’t tell you how much I love your site, great recipes, but even GREAT pictures. I aspire to food photography like yours!!!

Cat @Breakfast to Bed — January 27, 2012 @ 2:34 pm

We used to make a dip with farmer’s cheese, walnuts, bacon, caramelized onion and a creamy goat cheese. It smells like home to me.

Melissa — January 27, 2012 @ 2:37 pm

I’m drooling.

Adrienne — January 27, 2012 @ 3:15 pm

You are a genius. This is definitely happening on Super Bowl Sunday and I fully expect every member of my family to kneel and worship the amazingness of this dip.

Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine — January 27, 2012 @ 3:22 pm

This looks absolutely amazing wow. I love every. single. ingredient.

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — January 27, 2012 @ 3:24 pm

Screw the crackers and give me a SPOON! love this!

Cassie @ bake your day — January 27, 2012 @ 5:49 pm

Since it has almonds in it it’s healthy, yes? I’m with Laurie…no crackers needed for me to DEVOUR this.

1. Pingback: Pin it, Superbowl eats. « A Tasty Life

2. Pingback: Friday Favorites-Recipe Roundup-(Superbowl Edition!) | mommysmenu

3. Pingback: Sunday thoughts « Apples and Optimism

4. Pingback: Tried Something New

5. Pingback: Fox in the Kitchen – Cinnamon Bites and Pepita Brittle :: MMM (Must Make Monday)

6. Pingback: Football Food! [135 Recipes for Football Season.] | Lifestyle Pins