1. Over the weekend I finally saw Crazy Stupid Love and let’s just say… why do I not live inside that movie?

2. Oddly enough, the day before I watched Dirty Dancing because it’s my favorite movie EVER. Ever ever ever. Patrick Swayze was truly my first crush and when I was 7 years old I used to make my mom “practice” the lifts with me. When she wasn’t around or was busy, I’d use the arm of the couch to hoist myself up.

3. If Ryan Gosling ever tried his big Dirty Dancing move on me I’d probably have a stroke.

4. Even though it’s been on my workout playlist for months, the Kia commercial with the rats or gerbils or hamsters or whatever the heck kind of rodents they are reignited my love for Party Rock Anthem. Those commercials make me stupidly happy.

5. Last week while shopping for after-Christmas sales, we stopped at the Cheesecake Factory and both order items off of their Skinnylicious menu. It was soooo good and didn’t force me into a food coma so I was still able to spend money on things I don’t need. Oh but Mr. How Sweet had to order a plate of chicken fingers after he ate his meal. Wish I was lying.

6. On Saturday morning I had a RED VELVE LATTE. Yes.

7. Am I the only one sort of devastated by the Katy Perry divorce? Prob. I will never learn. I mean, Jessica and Nick were the worst.

8. I’m just in love with this idea of pineapple sugarcane water. I want!

9. I’m currently attempting to reorganize my pins, especially when it comes to food. 644 left to go! Joy. Don’t I use my time wisely? I thought so.

10. Do you think my driveway will shovel itself? I’m willing it to. Like using osmosis or something. Wait, that’s not it. ESP! I’m sending the driveway ESP vibes.

11. I’m a hot mess at the moment. Minus the hot.

12. Oooh but I’m roasting a chicken tonight!

124 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

RunEatRepeat — January 3, 2012 @ 4:59 pm

I’d rather be a hot mess than a cold anything ;)

• Heather — January 3rd, 2012 @ 5:03 pm

LIKE!

• carrie — January 3rd, 2012 @ 5:06 pm

Agreed!!

gabby — January 3, 2012 @ 5:02 pm

ok, too funny, i keep telling everyone i’m the only one upset about katy and russell. they seemed so wackily perfect together. sigh. xoxo.

• carrie — January 3rd, 2012 @ 5:08 pm

Wow I am so out of the loop. They did seem cute together…in some weird way. I’m still not over nick and Jessica….I don’t like seeing him and vanessa together. Just don’t.

• Kristin — January 3rd, 2012 @ 6:17 pm

I felt like they had to make it because they were so weird together. Worst logic ever.

Emily — January 3, 2012 @ 5:04 pm

The Dirty Dancing move would work on me, every time. I should probably re-watch Crazy Stupid Love (with my husband this time!) so that I can point that out to him.

Jennifer — January 3, 2012 @ 5:04 pm

Ahh, Jessica and Nick. I’m still trying to get over that one…

Sarah — January 3, 2012 @ 5:04 pm

For some reason I was expecting you to quote Mean Girls with that ESP reference. “I have a fifth sense! It’s like I have ESPN or something!”

Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe — January 3, 2012 @ 5:06 pm

LOVED Crazy Stupid Love. It morphed my Ryan Gosling crush into an untamed beast that I can’t seem to, well…tame. And then I went to see Drive and am now beyond help.

Bev Weidner — January 3, 2012 @ 5:07 pm

DIRTY DANCING IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE EVER EVER EVER OF ALL TIME.

Whoa. Seriously sorry about that there explosion.

Crap, I can’t help it: I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

p.s. feed me roast chicken and Ryan Gosling, please.

Kayle @ The Cooking Actress — January 3, 2012 @ 5:07 pm

I’m with you on Crazy Stupid Love. AND Katy Perry and Russel Brand, I’m sooo depressed! I cried during the Nick&Jess breakup too. Is it so much to just want some love to laaaaasst?

Samantha — January 3, 2012 @ 5:08 pm

You have snow?! Seriously, send it my way. PLEASE! It’s January and we’ve had like no snow at all. Just a few flurries that melt before they even land on the ground. Heck, we didn’t even have snow on Christmas day and I live in Michigan…there’s almost always snow by now! So I’m totally jealous and I would totally come over and shovel snow for you. Shoveling snow gets me activity points from Weight Watchers to allow me to eat more food!

And I love the Crazy Stupid Love monvie too, it was awesome. I felt so many emotions at once.

Kristen @ Change of Pace — January 3, 2012 @ 5:08 pm

Oh my bejeebus Ryan GOSLING. I could watch that movie on mute. No prob. I want to live the pineapple sugarcane blog post. Seriously, all these bloggers going to the tropics for the holidays. No fair.

Nancy B. — January 3, 2012 @ 5:10 pm

I knew that Russell and Katy wouldn’t last, but Nick and Jessica? Man, that one STILL hurts!

Emily — January 3, 2012 @ 5:10 pm

Re #3 – I love where your mind goes!

Ashley — January 3, 2012 @ 5:11 pm

I was OBSESSED with Dirty Dancing when I was little, and I used to run down the hall and have my dad lift me up! lol

Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables — January 3, 2012 @ 5:11 pm

No you’re not the only one! Katy Perry’s divorce devastated me as well-almost as much as Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillipe back in the day. I think E! News makes me think I know these people.

Amy — January 3, 2012 @ 5:23 pm

I love Crazy Stupid Love. Ryan Gosling is just… oh my goodness, he’s smokin’ to say the least. Pineapple sugarcane water sounds so good!

trang — January 3, 2012 @ 5:24 pm

um im still pretty traumatized by nick and jess…I refuse to watch the newlyweds now (i own both seasons) now. I must admit, it’s nice to know someone else who felt the same way =)

Melanie — January 3, 2012 @ 5:28 pm

Ryan Gosling would have to do SO much less than the Dirty Dancing lift to get in my pants. He DOES look photo-shopped in that scene, and I fell in love with that movie….

• Jessica — January 3rd, 2012 @ 8:00 pm

Oh God you’re so right.

Nichole Livengood — January 3, 2012 @ 5:35 pm

just got Crazy, Stupid, Love in my mailbox today from Netflix. So excited! I am also rearranging pins… funny. A year ago, that would mean you either really loved writing or sewing… I just flipped over, out of curiousity to see how many boards/pins I have! OMG! 69 boards… for real? Ya think I obsess much? (700ish pins… must consolidate as to not look like a total freak!)
    Still get excited every time I see Tuesday Things in my inbox!
    Cheers! Happy new year.

Jessica — January 3, 2012 @ 5:35 pm

Can we get down to the real business here. Red Velvet Latte? I am going to need more details on this STAT.

• Jessica — January 3rd, 2012 @ 7:58 pm

It was so good!

Amber — January 3, 2012 @ 5:37 pm

I know this is silly…and beside the point…but when I scrolled through your post the picture of your coffee cup looks like a toilet if you don’t scroll down quickly enough. Anyway, I was a little concerned until I kept scrolling down…lol!

• Ashley — January 3rd, 2012 @ 7:03 pm

lol i thought it was a toilet too until i kept scrolling!

• Jessica — January 3rd, 2012 @ 7:57 pm

LOL! Well I’m glad you scrolled down and don’t think I’m crazy.

Kacy — January 3, 2012 @ 5:37 pm

I’m not ashamed that I was really sad to hear about Katie and Russell. I’m pretty much in love with Russell brand.

Lyndee — January 3, 2012 @ 5:37 pm

I just started infusing water myself! Yesterday, as I was chopping up my pineapple, I threw a big chunk in a jar with some water. Hopefully it is super sweet tonight! (also got a isi twist and sparkle last week…this stuff is going to be bubbly)

Whitney — January 3, 2012 @ 5:42 pm

Red Velvet Latte??? Seriously? How close would that be to Baltimore?

Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles — January 3, 2012 @ 5:43 pm

What, Katy’s getting a divorce? I had no idea. And I read US Weekly every. single. week.

I definitely need to add Crazy Stupid Love to my Netflix queue.

• Jessica — January 3rd, 2012 @ 7:57 pm

You mean you didn’t stalk celeb gossip websites on NEW YEARS FREAKING EVE like someone else I know? Oh wait.

honeywhatscooking — January 3, 2012 @ 5:47 pm

I wasn’t surprised to hear about their divorce, but at the same time Katy is sooooooooooo much prettier than him, I know it’s not a good reason. I guess she wanted to party it out more.
    Who knows with Hollywood?

• Jessica — January 3rd, 2012 @ 7:56 pm

hahahah I love your brutal honestly.

Kayla — January 3, 2012 @ 5:50 pm

Crazy Stupid Love is an absurdly fantastic movie.

This morning I saw this – http://img2.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.214491682.jpg , and was reminded of it again when I read your post here.

Schwhat?? Red Velvet Latte? That sounds magical.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — January 3, 2012 @ 5:58 pm

Ryan Gossling, Crazy Stupid Love, Dirty Dancing… love love love. :)

Erica — January 3, 2012 @ 6:02 pm

I agree about Katy & Russell! And the most shocking part is it seems like its her fault!!

Kristina — January 3, 2012 @ 6:04 pm

I love the gerbils too… but have you seen the geico commercial yet? the one I mentioned a while back – with the rapping birds? I may have to find it for you. THAT one makes me get up and dance.

Dirty Dancing forever!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — January 3, 2012 @ 6:05 pm

1) If Ryan Gosling came near me I’d have a stroke.

2) I get upset by almost every celebrity divorce, I just can’t help it.

debbie — January 3, 2012 @ 6:06 pm

what? a red velvet latte? Omg sounds amazing!! love ur blog by the way jess, i’ve been reading for a few months..but this latte seriously, i’m gonna have to seek that beauty out :-)

• Jessica — January 3rd, 2012 @ 7:55 pm

Thanks Debbie!

Red Deception — January 3, 2012 @ 6:07 pm

Oh, Ryan Gosling. What a hot piece of man.

Ashley — January 3, 2012 @ 6:12 pm

#3 100% agreed. Yipes! I am a hot mess right now too!

Brooke — January 3, 2012 @ 6:14 pm

Um, I haven’t seen Dirty Dancing.. I know. My friends have all “taken my girl card”. Wait, that sounded dirty…
    Crazy Stupid Love is ah-maze-ing.

• Jessica — January 3rd, 2012 @ 7:55 pm

WHAT?!?!?!?! iusghdfjsbhjgrejkhberhjkget

Patti G — January 3, 2012 @ 6:15 pm

Party Rock Anthem – HA! I just downloaded it the other day on my iTunes AFTER I asked my college aged son what the name was of that song with the hamsters & robots in it that dance? :)
    My husband & son shoveled the driveway last night and i didn’t notice until AFTER i came home from shopping today with said son. Brilliant i am – so observant. :) :)
    Love your blog – looking forward to more of your sense of humor in 2012! It’s a lot like mine………scary thought!

• Jessica — January 3rd, 2012 @ 7:55 pm

Thanks Patti! :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — January 3, 2012 @ 6:25 pm

Shoveling the driveway. I havent thought about that dreaded task in over a decade. Ugh. I pity all you people who have to do that. Never.Again. NEVER. I hate snow. God, stay warm and I hope the drive shovels itself for you.

And have fun with that Pinterest project. The only thing more fun is properly alphabetizing your dessert recipe index page. I’ve been there recently :)

danielle — January 3, 2012 @ 6:28 pm

I’m still not over nick and Jessica!!!

Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy — January 3, 2012 @ 6:35 pm

For years I didn’t believe people when they told me that Patrick Swayze actually sang “She’s Like the Wind”. Once I found it to be true, my love for him only intensified times, oh a billion. Also I use the phrase “This is my dance space, this is your dance space” more than one person should in a lifetime.

• Jessica — January 3rd, 2012 @ 7:54 pm

OMG seriously, when I first bought the CD (pretty sure it was like the first thing I ran out and did when I got my driver’s license) I almost died!!

Ericka @ The Sweet Life — January 3, 2012 @ 6:36 pm

Count me in on devastated about the Katy Perry divorce. They were so cute together! Still get sad about Nick and Jess sometimes…And, yes, gerbils doing party rock anthem is the best.

Nicole — January 3, 2012 @ 6:40 pm

I am totally with you on Russell and Katy. I am so sad about them too. My husband keeps telling me we are not BFFs but I am still sad. :(

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — January 3, 2012 @ 6:40 pm

I still get upset about Nick & Jessica. For some reason though the Katy Perry one doesn’t bother me. I just can’t get into Russell Brand. I don’t think he’s funny, I think he’s gross so yay for her!

• Jessica — January 3rd, 2012 @ 7:53 pm

Agreed, he is pretty gross.

rhoda — January 3, 2012 @ 6:47 pm

i watched crazy stupid love not too long ago and loved it too. i was so not expecting that twist! ahh and dirty dancing, love it too. i too was sort of devastated by the katy perry russell brand divorce. i didn’t see that one coming. i keep thinking she got too famous for him.

Mal @ The Chic Geek — January 3, 2012 @ 6:52 pm

I’m super sad about Russell and Katy too, for some reason I honestly thought they’d last forever.

Katie @ Katie Without Restrictions — January 3, 2012 @ 6:58 pm

Ooh I’ve always wanted to try roasting a chicken, but for whatever reason it’s on my list of “seems to hard” items… Someday I’ll work up the courage!

• Jessica — January 3rd, 2012 @ 7:52 pm

It’s so easy, I promise!

katie @KatieDid — January 3, 2012 @ 6:59 pm

ugh I almost lost it with the dirty dancing move in that scene. love him. that is all.

Anna @ On Anna's Plate — January 3, 2012 @ 7:02 pm

Hahaha…I love that movie. It was playing on our airplane ride home from Seattle, and I might have watched it…twice ;-)

Jenni — January 3, 2012 @ 7:04 pm

Where can I get my hands on a red velvet latte??

• Jessica — January 3rd, 2012 @ 7:52 pm

Are you local? I got it at Square Cafe in Regent Square!

Lauren — January 3, 2012 @ 7:06 pm

I hate the Kia cars, but those rat things make them bearable…and in my spare time, when I’m not busy trying to recruit people to do a flash mob with me I secretly practice that LMFAO dance.
    Sadly, the rats still have one up on me….

Oh…and I’m depressed about Katy too.

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — January 3, 2012 @ 7:06 pm

I’m glad to see you are back into the roasting of chickens haha. And I need one of those lattes STAT!

Alaina — January 3, 2012 @ 7:09 pm

1) Love that movie! Ryan Gosling is hot

4) Yes, yes! As much as those hamster/gerbil things are weird, I love that song because of it. :-)