Tuesday Things.

1. Good news! I’ve come out of my country love song Pandora slump and have found myself right smack in the middle of the Taylor Dayne Pandora station. My life is made.

2. It’s even more made with these baked egg boats. O.M.G. Holy bread.

3. Oh wait. Not done. Because I also can’t stop thinking about this sweet milk granita. I’m making it tonight! For me, myself and I.

4. I spent all day Friday cuddling up to that baby that makes the best faces ever. While I was doing that, his sister painted her eyelids with sparkly pink lipgloss.

5. On Saturday I drank a salty caramel bourbon milkshake. Helllllllo heaven. I had quite a productive weekend!

6. How am I sure that my husband really knows me? He put two of the perfect cube ice trays in my stocking this year. I may have been more excited about those than I was for the iPad.

7. And no… that’s not coffee up there. It’s hot chocolate… COLD. Because I want to be cool so badly and like coffee and I’m just… not. Frown.

8. Speaking of stockings, guess who is still fully decorated for Christmas? I like to pretend it’s because I’ve been ohhh sooooo busy, but really… I’ve just been ohhh sooooo lazy. But I mean, Pinterest is just like working and stuff. That’s busy.

9. Over the holidays we started watching Dexter and it’s safe to say that now I’m 100% terrified ALL THE TIME and also get nothing done because we’re glued to the DVDs. Enter Christmas decor.

10. But it totally makes cutting things like blood oranges and pomegranates like 36 times more fun.

58 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Jennifer — January 10, 2012 @ 5:07 pm

Wow – the baked egg boats look amazing. I must make these! Thanks for all the great ideas.

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) — January 10, 2012 @ 5:12 pm

It’s okay you don’t like coffee…we still still all love ya!

Annie — January 10, 2012 @ 5:12 pm

The egg boats do look fantastic! I also love the perfect ice cubes- so pretty!

Kiersten — January 10, 2012 @ 5:12 pm

Speaking of Taylor Dayne…have you SEEN Rachael vs Guy Celebrity Cook-off on Food Network yet? It does not disappoint.

Cristy — January 10, 2012 @ 5:13 pm

Dexter!!!!! I knew you and I were twins. I KNEW it! (Best series ever. Except for Breaking Bad. And Downton Abbey–which is totally not lame, as it should be, since it’s on free tv). Enjoy Dexter! Love him.

Sam — January 10, 2012 @ 5:14 pm

I do the same thing with hot chocolate…. I just have never liked the taste of coffee, making it unfortunately difficult to “meet someone for coffee” thank god there is hot chocolate to help us fit in ;)

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — January 10, 2012 @ 5:14 pm

I still have my christmas decor up – I give it another month before I even think about taking it down. Party laziness part it’s too depressing to take it down.

kathleen @ the daily crumb — January 10, 2012 @ 5:17 pm

i am still 100% decorated for christmas… probably will be until easter comes around.

dexter is ridiculously addicting… good luck EVER being productive again!

Michele — January 10, 2012 @ 5:19 pm

DEXTER YES. so happy you finally got around to watching it.
    it’s seriously the most addictive show ever & you’ll go through six seasons in a month. or maybe that’s just me?

and speaking of blood oranges, i’m 99.894802938% sure he’s cutting and juicing a blood orange in the opening sequence.
    either that or a really really red grapefruit.

<3 !

Annie — January 10, 2012 @ 5:21 pm

can you share the recipe for that caramel bourbon milkshake PLEASE?!

• Jessica — January 10th, 2012 @ 6:07 pm

Wasn’t mine – it came from a restaurant!

Noelle — January 10, 2012 @ 5:26 pm

haa ha ha ha ha ha, Dexter and blood oranges. Yes that show was addicting. My husband refused to watch it with me after 2 episodes. It creeped him out but so it for me too but I continued watching it. Perfect ice cubes? Like the size? Are they small or perfect cubed? :)

• Jessica — January 10th, 2012 @ 6:07 pm

Perfectly cubed!

Lindsay — January 10, 2012 @ 5:26 pm

I just took my tree down last weekend. And hooray for Dexter! Sooo addicting!

Sharon {Grumpy, Sleepy, and Bashful} — January 10, 2012 @ 5:29 pm

Um, yes, I too, might like (need) the recipe for that milkshake . . it looks dangerous! :) Of course, your pictures could make liver and onions (gaaaaag) look divine.

katie — January 10, 2012 @ 5:34 pm

We are on season 2 Dexter! Great show, but im scared to watch at night, lol! Afraid of creepy dreams!!!

Christine S. — January 10, 2012 @ 5:45 pm

I’ve had those ice cube trays for over a year and I promise you will continue to love them as much as you do now. You’ll likely get a lot of comments from friends on them, too. Enjoy!!

Cassie @ bake your day — January 10, 2012 @ 5:49 pm

Tell it to my heart. That’s all I have to say.

Elan — January 10, 2012 @ 5:52 pm

I can’t wait to get on Pintrest. Keep checking for my invite but sadly I’m still lame. =P

Liz @ Southern Charm — January 10, 2012 @ 6:05 pm

Um, I HAVE to make those baked egg boats!! They look AMAZING!!

Kimberlee — January 10, 2012 @ 6:08 pm

I still have my Christmas decorations up because Showtime was doing their free weekend for my cable company (Comcast, in Chicago) this past weekend and I got to watch all 12 disturbing hours of DEXTER, Season 6. OMG so good.

danielle — January 10, 2012 @ 6:38 pm

Did your Pandora recommendation while reading your post~1st song “Tell it to my heart” 2nd “Borderline” Amazing! I’m in!

April was in CT now CA — January 10, 2012 @ 6:39 pm

Those egg boats…I opened the page, saw the picture and my jaw dropped and I said “Oh wow, what the F*@&, that’s amazing.” So thanks for sharing that smidge of awesome.

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — January 10, 2012 @ 6:47 pm

I finally sucked it up and put all the xmas stuff away on Sunday. I was dreading it and it was pretty awful but I feel sooooo much better now that it’s done!

Bev Weidner — January 10, 2012 @ 6:48 pm

DEXTER IS SO HOT.

The end.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — January 10, 2012 @ 7:48 pm

caramel bourbon milkshake. When I saw that on Pinterest I was like..yes!

And it’s so funny.. I made hot chocolate and sat in bed drinking it last night under like 4 blankets because it was in the low 50sF last night. BRRRR! And I wanted to be warm so badly :)

I could never survive a real winter again!

Lauren @ Healthy Food For Living — January 10, 2012 @ 7:53 pm

Dexter is a definite favorite of ours… the past 2 seasons were especially great!

Kristina — January 10, 2012 @ 8:00 pm

we have those square ice cubes too. LOVE them.

my tree and holiday decor? just went away yesterday.

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy — January 10, 2012 @ 8:32 pm

I love that you still have your Christmas stuff up. What’s another week ;)?

GamerGirl — January 10, 2012 @ 8:46 pm

Omg! I made the bread boats on the 30th using a leftover candycane shaped baguette :P I topped them with parm… Deeeelish! http://www.fortheyum.com/2011/12/breakfast-baguette.html Also, we’ve been using those ice cube trays for years – you’re going to love them :)

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food — January 10, 2012 @ 8:54 pm

I’m still decorated too. Shhh! ;-)

Ashley M — January 10, 2012 @ 9:11 pm

I was HOOKED on Dexter from the very first episode… I’m not sure I did anything productive at all because I watched every season available and it took around 2 weeks.

Have you seen the show Breaking Bad? Another show I can’t stop obsessing over.

• Bridget — January 11th, 2012 @ 10:23 am

Ditto!

Kat — January 10, 2012 @ 9:33 pm

Dexter is so addictive. I was terrified of everything too but couldn’t stop watching!

jill — January 10, 2012 @ 9:50 pm

My hubs and I are also Dexter lovers! (we actually named our cat Dexter..nerds alert!) We started watching it when we were still in college and spent many nights saying lets just watch one more! You know you have a problem when you stay up til 4 am watching a show when you have a baby and class the next day!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — January 10, 2012 @ 10:12 pm

Dexter rocks my world! Enjoy it!

Kristin — January 10, 2012 @ 10:47 pm

We did not leave the couch for approximately 15 evenings in a row once we discovered the greatness that is Dexter. All 5 seasons were watched in about two weeks :).

Katie — January 11, 2012 @ 12:53 am

Ahh Dexter lovers unite!! I watched them ALL last summer. Like every single episode that was created in 2.5 months. I suspected everyone I met was a amiable serial killer for June and July.

Heather of Kitchen Concoctions — January 11, 2012 @ 1:05 am

I just moved to a new place and don’t have an ice maker, I totally need those ice cube trays! Oh and I love your idea for iced hot chocolate! ANNNDDDD I just started watching Sons of Anarchy (highly addicting) on Netflix which has totally kept me from unpacking from said move (I only have myself to blame when I can’t find anything and everything I need!)

meg — January 11, 2012 @ 2:22 am

Whew! I’m glad I’m not the only one who hasn’t touched Christmas decorations yet– and for the same reasons.

Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers — January 11, 2012 @ 8:27 am

All my decorations are down, except for my 4′ silver tree. It just looks pretty, and I’ m to lazy to take it down too!

Lisa — January 11, 2012 @ 9:05 am

Ok, never watched Dexter and had all my deco’s down 3 days after christmas. It appears I may not belong to this group but I do so loveeeeeeeeee your recipes and stories. Hope you all can put up with a type A’er.

Christina — January 11, 2012 @ 9:30 am

I MUST comment before I even finish reading this entry. Short story: watching guy vs. rachel (team guy all the way) ask hubby who is Taylor Dayne? Googles for me. OMG I remeber that song! I too have been pandoring her. Sometimes I could kiss your blood orange stained mouth.

deb — January 11, 2012 @ 10:09 am

My man Dexter!! Our niece and nephew got us hooked last summer- we finished the last season over the holidays- what will we do next year when i’t's over? Don’t be creeped out over the Dex- he is a good guy after all! And is it just me or have blood orange never looked so sexy ? Woo what that guy does for dental floss…….. (i’ve said too much).

Stacy — January 11, 2012 @ 10:11 am

AHH! That is that the salted caramel shake from BRGR??? I’m slightly obsessed, and by slightly I mean completely.

• Jessica — January 11th, 2012 @ 10:12 am

It is!

Katie @ ohshineon — January 11, 2012 @ 11:00 am

I’m so happy (sad?) that you posted a link to Sur La Table… As if I don’t have enough things to do in college.and.work.and.papers.and.tests.and.studying, now I’m never going to get anything done. Oh wait… I forgot to mention also having a social life. Wait no, nevermind… I don’t even have one of those. If only I had one of those bordeaux dutch ovens or braisens… that’d make me feel a whole lotta love.

Lisa [With Style and Grace] — January 11, 2012 @ 1:36 pm

wow, trip back down memory lane – I had EVERY Taylor Dayne, Wilson Philips and Amy Grant cassette tape!! Bringing it back, love it.

Kimberly — January 11, 2012 @ 1:38 pm

Don’t feel bad, I still have my Christmas decor up too! It’s just so pretty (that’s what I keep saying) but really, I’m too lazy too! hahaha

Jess@atasteofconfidence — January 11, 2012 @ 3:57 pm

Dexter is so addicting and amazing!

JennMarie — January 11, 2012 @ 6:30 pm

Don’t feel bad about the Christmas decorations, mine are all still up too, including the tree. My husband left this morning for work with the request that I take everything down today. No can do, DVR episodes of Teen Mom 2, Mob Wives, Tori and Dean, and Pretty Little Liars must be watched. I have my priorities after all!

Nancy — January 12, 2012 @ 1:21 am

OH MAN!!! I am SO with you!!! I really love the way the ‘iced coffee’ looks with all the milk and the coffee and the ice cubes, and all the extras, but I HATE coffee!!
    So, thank you! I’m going to make this, and have it on ice!!

Have you tried a “Chai Tea Misto” from Starbucks?? DELISH! It’s made hot, one chai tea bag, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 steamed milk, with TONS of foam, if they get it right, and a little sweetener, and it’s so amazingly good! It’s like drinking a hot chocolate, but with spice!!
    The best part is, there are almost no calories, except for the milk! If you get the regular chai latte, they can be up to 300 CALORIES!! This is a great substitute ; )

Leah Atha — January 12, 2012 @ 2:24 am

I drink cocoa & coffee at the same time. I dump one of those cocoa packets in a mug and then add coffee instead of milk or water. I mix it up and it just tastes like hot cocoa. T

Alexis @ There She Goes — January 12, 2012 @ 2:36 pm

those egg boats have been haunting my dreams ever since i saw them!

1. Pingback: Tuesday Things. | How Sweet It Is