Let’s talk about your dinner tonight.

Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet I howsweeteats.com

It’s Monday, so you’re probably thinking about eating something very rabbit-esque, like lettuce or carrots or maybe even some slightly seasoned baked salmon. No beer, no wine, nothing with flavor and certainly nothing with cheese. Because it’s Monday. And if you can’t get your health together on Monday? Well, it might not ever happen. Like never. Right?

Oh and to complicate matters even more, you ate like 16 bajillion calories yesterday including 34 scoops of [insert extremely decadent name here] dip. And then you came home and polished off an entire box of Trader Joe’s ice cream bon bons.

Oh wait. That was me. I got us confused for a second. My apologies. [P.S. they're really good and you should buy ten boxes next time you're there.]

Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet I howsweeteats.com

Back to dinner. You want to “start the week off right!” so you’re planning a lovely feast of romaine and possibly some tuna from a pouch of and then some sort of vegetable that you bought even though it’s highly out of season, cost you $3 and is already a mushed and molded mess. But it’s a vegetable. And it’s Monday. So you’ll eat it. And starve.

Hi, it’s me. I’m inside your mind!

But that’s boring. Because I said so. And I don’t believe in such torturous practices because, well… you’re awesome. I like you. And you’re deserving of something delicious.

Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet I howsweeteats.com

This shrimp doesn’t seem like much, but would you look at it?! Super simple and piled with tons upon tons of flavor.

I think you’ll like it. Make Monday happy.

Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet I howsweeteats.com

Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet

serves 2-4

1 pound raw peeled and deveined shrimp

1/3 cup olive oil

1/4 cup parmesan cheese

4 garlic cloves, minced

2 teaspoons brown sugar

2 teaspoons soy sauce

1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne

In a bowl, whisk olive oil, parmesan, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes together. Add shrimp to a large ziplock bag, pour marinade over top, then seal bag and shake to coat. Place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes… or 2-4 hours… or overnight if desired!

When ready to eat, bring water to boil in a large pot and cook penne according to directions. While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and marinade (just dump the entire contents of the bag into the skillet), then cook shrimp until pink – about 2 minutes per side. Be careful not to overcook! As soon as shrimp is finished, add penne into the skillet and toss to coat completely. Top with additional parmesan cheese and sliced green onions, then serve.

Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet I howsweeteats.com

And you can, uh… toss some vegetables or something in there too if you want. As usual… if you’re into that baloney.

172 Responses to “Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet.”

Sommer J — February 6, 2012 @ 8:03 am

Looks mighty wonderful!!!! Can’t wait to make it. :)

Sandy — February 6, 2012 @ 8:05 am

I love shrimp & this looks great! Will be making
    For sure. Thanks for sharing!

Gen — February 6, 2012 @ 8:06 am

Yum! I looove shrimp! and cheese :D

heather — February 6, 2012 @ 8:26 am

Delish! A very happy Monday indeed!

Kim in MD — February 6, 2012 @ 8:30 am

After all of the Superbowl snacks I ate yesterday, I DO need to start my week off on a healthier start! I was planning to eat the entire vegetable platter that none of my guests ate (healthy veggies during the Superbowl? What was I thinking?), but now I am thinking I should make this pasta. With chicken of course- no shrimp for me! This looks and sounds so delicious, Jessica!

Oh- and I have a box of those TJ’s bon-bons in my freezer right now. They are so good! :-)

• Jessica — February 6th, 2012 @ 11:24 am

So funny you should mention that since I was at a party yesterday where the vegetable platter went pretty much untouched!

Bev Weidner — February 6, 2012 @ 8:31 am

O.
    M.
    G.

• Jessica — February 6th, 2012 @ 11:23 am

We are twins.

Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers — February 6, 2012 @ 8:33 am

Simple and Delish, I love it! Great recipe! I want to thank you for answering my question this weekend, I appreciate you taking the time to answer me. Have a great day!!!

• lia robitaille — February 6th, 2012 @ 2:57 pm

what kind of parmesan cheese did you use?

jessica lynn — February 6, 2012 @ 8:34 am

Your words crack me up. Can’t wait to make this…I’ve never thought about doing a soy sauce/brown sugar marinade with shrimp, but it sounds delicious!

TidyMom — February 6, 2012 @ 8:41 am

oh my girls love shrimp and pasta! how perfect is this!! Thanks for sharing!!

Becki's Whole Life — February 6, 2012 @ 8:46 am

This sounds so flavorful, healthy and unexpected with the combo of the soy sauce based sauce with the parmesan cheese. Yum! Will have to try this next time I have some shrimps in the house..

Heather (Heather's Dish) — February 6, 2012 @ 8:54 am

i’ve been craving shrimp like crazy lately – and the spicier the better! say hello to dinner this week :)

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — February 6, 2012 @ 8:57 am

Forget salad, I want a big bowl of this for lunch!

Ali @ Peaches and Football — February 6, 2012 @ 9:00 am

Mmm nothing like spicy cheesy pasta. :-) Looks wonderful!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — February 6, 2012 @ 9:04 am

I’ll wash the dishes if you come over and make this for me tonight! ;) Gorgeous photos Jess!

• Jessica — February 6th, 2012 @ 11:23 am

Deal! Thank you. ;)

Tabitha (From Single to Married) — February 6, 2012 @ 9:15 am

love how healthy it is!

Kelsey — February 6, 2012 @ 9:26 am

You read my mind! I was totally wanting a healthy dinner with shrimp. And now I have a new recipe to try! You rock. :D

Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy — February 6, 2012 @ 9:51 am

I also ate 2 pounds of {insert various dips made with cream cheese and butter} so I think all I’ll be eating for the next few days is salad.
    Who am I kidding, pasta it is!

Lori @ RecipeGirl — February 6, 2012 @ 10:09 am

One of my favorite recipes in my cookbook is a shrimp dinner recipe. This looks equally fab!

Maria — February 6, 2012 @ 10:21 am

Great weeknight meal!

Nicole, RD — February 6, 2012 @ 10:23 am

It almost looks barbecue-saucy…YUM!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — February 6, 2012 @ 10:35 am

I came *thisclose* to buying those TJ’s ice cream bon bons last week. Now I’ll have absolutely NO willpower next time I see them after reading this! ;)

• Jessica — February 6th, 2012 @ 11:22 am

You must.

Brittnee — February 6, 2012 @ 10:43 am

I’m going to make my Monday happy! I ate 34 scoops of S’mores Dip yesterday and 2 mini ice cream cones plus 5 pigs in a blanket and a spoonful of marshmallow fluff…. But I am still going to eat this shrimp!

• Jessica — February 6th, 2012 @ 11:21 am

That sounds… delicious.

• Brittnee — February 6th, 2012 @ 3:08 pm

Haha–They were all consumed with some time in between them. While making the s’more dip I licked the spoon after spooning out some marshmallow fluff into the chocolate mix. You should try some of the dip. Its popular on pinterest!

Cait's Plate — February 6, 2012 @ 10:48 am

It’s been far too long since I’ve added shrimp to my pasta. This needs to change immediately.

Kate — February 6, 2012 @ 11:03 am

This looks DELICIOUS! But I can’t do spicy things… could I just leave out the red pepper flakes?

• Jessica — February 6th, 2012 @ 11:21 am

For sure!

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh — February 6, 2012 @ 11:06 am

I just bought shrimp on a whim yesterday and now I have a good recipe to try! Thanks!

Ashley — February 6, 2012 @ 11:10 am

Love the shot in the skillet. Yum!!

Paige — February 6, 2012 @ 11:19 am

Jessica! I always love your recipes but sometimes even more I love your commentary about them. This one is especially awesome. Like eating lettuce will save you from Super Bowl food yesterday. Like you need to be saved from anything anyway. It is just not true. Food is our friend. A very very delicious friend!!

• Jessica — February 6th, 2012 @ 11:21 am

Haaha thank you Paige!

joelle (on a pink typewriter) — February 6, 2012 @ 11:53 am

I hate seafood, but this post did make me want some pasta stat. And I agree w the above commentator – I love your commentary! It cracks me up every day and I can usually relate. ;)

Cat @Breakfast to Bed — February 6, 2012 @ 12:02 pm

shrimp should always be spicy. I like the way you think.

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — February 6, 2012 @ 12:10 pm

My stomach just growled… like big time.

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective — February 6, 2012 @ 12:13 pm

Yes, that would definitely make my Monday happy! we just don’t eat enough pasta!

Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles — February 6, 2012 @ 12:21 pm

Bon bon are muy dangerous…but I think I like spicy shrimp more.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — February 6, 2012 @ 12:39 pm

Looks like a winner! I have a shrimp allergy but wish I didn’t! These look easy and perfect and about all those dips you said you ate…I love a good dip. They’re my weakness at parties!

shelly (cookies and cups) — February 6, 2012 @ 12:58 pm

Love this! Shrimps are my favorite :)

Hilliary @Happily Ever Healthy — February 6, 2012 @ 1:16 pm

I would love a huge bowl full of this right now! Looks so good!

Cassie @ bake your day — February 6, 2012 @ 1:21 pm

Alllll over this one.

Maya — February 6, 2012 @ 1:52 pm

Looks delicious!!!! I made your bbq chicken sweet potatoes and they were amaze-balls.

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — February 6, 2012 @ 1:59 pm

This looks so yummy!! Unfortunately I’ll have to substitute the shrimp for chicken since my hubby is a non-seafood-eater.

nicole {sweet peony} — February 6, 2012 @ 2:23 pm

spicy shrimp pasta has my name allllll over it! yummmmm

lia robitaille — February 6, 2012 @ 2:40 pm

What kind of parmesan cheese?

kaceyt @ om&nom.com — February 6, 2012 @ 2:49 pm

This is crazy…add mushrooms, bell peppers and a tiny bit of cream to that recipe and it’s the recipe I created last night! Great minds think alike!

Jessica — February 6, 2012 @ 3:01 pm

I want to cuddle up next to that skillet. YUM!

naomi — February 6, 2012 @ 3:38 pm

I love your sweets, but your savory is damn good as well!

Kilee — February 6, 2012 @ 3:53 pm

Holy yum! I think I need to make this with gluten-free pasta. I kinda go back and forth with shrimp. Sometimes I love it, sometimes is grossing me out. I’m loving it right now :)

christina @ ovenadventures — February 6, 2012 @ 4:27 pm

this sounds so great. my daughter who hates everything but pineapple pizza and beans randomly loves shrimp so i’m totally gonna try this. I bet it would be good with chicken too!

Kelly — February 6, 2012 @ 4:45 pm

Totally random but is that bowl part of the nesting set from Crate & Barrel?

• Jessica — February 6th, 2012 @ 4:47 pm

hmmm it IS from Crate and Barrel but it wasn’t part of a set!

Lisa — February 6, 2012 @ 5:39 pm

I made seafood linguine last night (@ kids request). But I’ll have to try your recipe; love shrimpys.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — February 6, 2012 @ 5:54 pm

Happy Monday, indeed! Great recipe :D

Leandra @Girl Loves Pearls — February 6, 2012 @ 5:56 pm

OMG you are so right about pulling it together on Monday. I feel like it sets the tone for the rest of the week. I’ve been reading your blog for a while but had to come out and comment b.c that pasta dish looks delish! Like, I’m going to make it this week.

honeywhatscooking — February 6, 2012 @ 6:02 pm

looks so simple and delish. I have cooked shrimp like once in my life, and it was so easy. I need to do so more often.

1 2 3

1. Pingback: Ready for the Week | That Deep Breath

2. Pingback: What I Ate Wednesday #29 | That Deep Breath

3. Pingback: More Pinterest Wins | RUNLINDSAYRUN

4. Pingback: {the food experiment // quick pasta with king prawns} « homebound the heart of life

5. Pingback: wellyeahmakeme | Pearltrees

6. Pingback: Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet « Don't Eat Crap

7. Pingback: this week’s tasty treat « throughardenteyes

8. Pingback: Spicy and Raw – Little Escapes From A Crazy Week « Time for Renewal

9. Pingback: #pastalove Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet | Pippi's in the Kitchen Again

10. Pingback: Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet « windykitchen

11. Pingback: Tasty Tuesday: Saved by the Shrimp - Working Moms Against Guilt

12. Pingback: A spicy dinner and a healthy dessert. | Confessions of a (Not-So) Domesticated Newlywed

13. Pingback: F is for Fourmetot « De quelle planète es-tu?

14. Pingback: Penne com camarões marinados picantes « PiP – eu quero!

15. Pingback: Food failures and accomplishments : Solid Gold Eats

16. Pingback: Diet December 2012 Menu | OAMC from Once A Month Mom

17. Pingback: What’s for Dinner |

18. Pingback: How to Pass the Time for 7 Solo Days « ¡Hola! Top of the Mañana to You

19. Pingback: Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet | Good Stuff Only

20. Pingback: Spicy and Raw - Little Escapes From A Crazy Week | Cake 'n' KnifeCake 'n' Knife

21. Pingback: F is for Fourmetot | De quelle planète es-tu?

22. Pingback: Football Food! [135 Recipes For Football Season.] | How Sweet It Is

23. Pingback: Spicy Shrimp & Veggie Skillet | Sip.Cook.Bake

24. Pingback: Foodie Friday: Spicy Shrimp and Roasted Asparagus Pasta | Urban Nesting

25. Pingback: 15 Seafood Pasta Ideas

26. Pingback: 20 Meatless Dinner Ideas - JOYFUL scribblings | JOYFUL scribblings

27. Pingback: Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet | Basil & Rye

28. Pingback: 10 Best Seafood Pasta Ideas | Crazy Food Blog

29. Pingback: Poppies, Poppies Everywhere | Come in and sit for a spell!

30. Pingback: MOTHER’S DAY | Emily Hill Events