1. Last week my mom was dying over this video of Kristen Bell, so I had to jump on the bandwagon. I pretty much watch it once a day. Someone needs a life!

2. I also had the same reaction as the video above when I learned that James Taylor will be in Pittsburgh this year. And yes, I’ve seen him a million times and yes, I am going no.matter.what. Gahhh! I’m seriously 60 years old… I can barely take it.

3. Oh oh oh, I also had that reaction when I learned Jersey Boys is coming back to Pittsburgh, because if you’ve been reading long enough you might remember that I went through a phase of about four solid months when I listened to NOTHING ELSE but the soundtrack. Literally nothing else. All day long. Why am I not single? This doesn’t seem right.

4. Well maybe it seems right since I cook enough food for an army. Then I remember that my husband has framed autographed pictures of wrestlers still hanging on the walls.

5. I’m not much of a cracker person, but I seriously cannot stop eating these Blue Diamond Smokehouse Nut Thins. O.M.G. I want to cover myself in a blanket of these and eat my way out. It’s sort of like bacon covering a cracker. But not.

6. Um, but I think that might be my dinner tonight. Bacon on a cracker FTW.

7. This is a picture of my new favorite snack. Salt on pepper on hard-boiled eggs on hummus on toast. In my mouth.

8. Speaking of all this food, I roasted a wedge of cabbage for the first time today to see if just maaaaaaaybe I could handle it. It was okay, sort of like a massive brussels sprout, but then it was just… SO MUCH. No can do.

9. On the other hand… this salad may make me want to eat vegetables for the rest of my life.

10. After a wild Saturday night date of church and Chipotle, we watched the Ides of March and yes, I did almost have a heart attack. Thank you for asking. Clooney and Gosling on one screen? Illegalness.

11. Know what makes me insanely giddy? This.

12. Especially because now I’m not the only one who looks like that when I eat a cupcake.

83 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Jaime — February 7, 2012 @ 5:04 pm

Was it just me, or would Ides of March have been a totally boring and slightly confusing movie if not for the eye candy? I walked away wondering why everyone thought it was so great.

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — February 7, 2012 @ 5:06 pm

OMG! I saw Kristen Bell on Ellen and it is quite possibly one of the funniest interviews I have ever seen. And that home video is priceless! I was laughing out loud hysterically for a LONG time. Who knew that sloths could excite someone so much!? Too cute though.

Those eggs look great!

Noelle — February 7, 2012 @ 5:06 pm

illegalness? love it!!

Janetha @ meals & moves — February 7, 2012 @ 5:07 pm

I LOVE THAT SLOTH VIDEO. Dude. So cute. Also, I have been eating HB eggs all week. Forgot how much I love them.

Kelsey@ ReadySetFeast — February 7, 2012 @ 5:07 pm

That baby seriously makes the BEST faces! i love it!

Stephanie — February 7, 2012 @ 5:07 pm

look at you with your perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs! omg that looks so good.

and that baby! oh my. he’s amazing.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — February 7, 2012 @ 5:09 pm

Cabbage is one of those foods that the minute you slice into it, it multiples in quantity. It like quadruples on the cutting board. I don’t know where it all comes from..Lol. Roasting it does shrink it down a bit but like cole slaw…wow, talk about bang for your cabbage buck. Sorry you weren’t a fan though.

Saturday night church. That’s my childhood, right there. And we’d come home and eat fish and baked potatoes that my mom had on the oven timer while we were at church.

Jan — February 7, 2012 @ 5:10 pm

Oh, that video of Kristin Bell is AWESOME! I love Ellen :)

Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables — February 7, 2012 @ 5:11 pm

i LOVE nuthins. They’re so salty and delicious.

Jeannette — February 7, 2012 @ 5:11 pm

i think i cried laughing so hard at the kristen bell video. it was awesome. and i’ve watched her since her veronica mars days (that seems creeper-ish but you know what i mean!) and i love seeing how far she’s come. is that weird??

Adrienne J — February 7, 2012 @ 5:12 pm

lol. You are so dang funny! It’s nice to end the workday with a laugh. Thank you! :)

Ali — February 7, 2012 @ 5:14 pm

That edamame salad looks insane!! I am totally making that this week!

Kayle @ The Cooking Actress — February 7, 2012 @ 5:17 pm

How did I not know about that video??!! OMG it made me laugh so hard!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — February 7, 2012 @ 5:21 pm

I laughed so hard I cried at that video. It was awesome, but seriously those sloths are freakin’ cute! I wish I could see James Taylor again…I need to see if he’s coming around. It has been so long since I’ve seen him live. I want to go with you!

• Jessica — February 7th, 2012 @ 5:22 pm

Oh my gosh I wish you could!!

Mal @ The Chic Geek — February 7, 2012 @ 5:21 pm

I love the idea of hard-boiled egg and hummus on toast, sounds so perfectly yummy!

Samantha — February 7, 2012 @ 5:21 pm

Thank you for making my life not seem so lame anymore lol. I’m in the same boat as you. Well, not the church/chipotle on a Saturday night boat. But I went shopping and then proceeded to babysit my nephews while we built cool stuff for marbles to slide thru and at some point I was actually kind of having fun with toys for 2 and 4 year olds lol….what is my life coming to? And surprisingly, I am not single either. How does this happen?

Valerie — February 7, 2012 @ 5:22 pm

I swear the more I read Tuesday things the more I think we’re related or something…

1) I laughed so hard when I watched it… She is the celebrity I want to be friends with. I hope they do a Veronica Mar’s movie.. I have a lot of unanswered questions. Also House of Lies is great.. she’s in it and so is Don Cheadle.

3) Jersey Boys Rocks! That and American Idiot Broadway soundtrack are almost always in my car.. I think I should have been a 60’s housewife vs a 29 year old financial analyst. Did you know that “What a Night” was about one of the guys in the band losing his v-card? Yup.. why is that never a jeopardy question?

10) I loved Ides of March… Ryan Gosling is amazing… Crazy Stupid Love was also great with him in it… and he’s got a few good topless scenes. I watched it with my boyfriend and it wasn’t good for our relationship. I will be going to see “The Vow” by myself as I know I can’t keep my drool away for Channing Tatum. And my Sat night Church ritual growing up was Papa Gino’s after church… I can’t help but still get it even though it’s not the best pizza…

• Jessica — February 7th, 2012 @ 5:25 pm

Hahahaha what a great comment. And yes, I did know the song was about that, but not until I actually SAW Jersey Boys for the first time. Crazy!

Tracie — February 7, 2012 @ 5:24 pm

Every time I see James in concert..I can never hear the first 5 songs because Im crying like a big baby…I heart him!

megan — February 7, 2012 @ 5:26 pm

my boyfriend and i watched ides of march last week and i actually liked it a lot…funny thing, my birthday is march 15, so every year someone tells me “beware the ides of march”. then when this movie came out i thought it was a really weird title for a political movie.

i don’t like shrimp, but your skillet yesterday looked amazing!

• Kelly — February 8th, 2012 @ 5:12 pm

the only reason i want to see the movie is because my birthday is march 15th! :)

Chelsy — February 7, 2012 @ 5:29 pm

Thank you for finally making me watch that Kristen Bell clip. OMG, Hilarious! Chipotle rules. I think I might just jump through the screen and snatch that piece of toast. I live for these Tuesday things!
    MANGIA!!!

Elaine — February 7, 2012 @ 5:38 pm

Thank you, thank you, for sharing that video. My afternoon just got WAY better. I love your blog and always look forward to Tuesday Things. :)

Annie @ Naturally Sweet Recipes — February 7, 2012 @ 5:44 pm

Love this! Awesome list. I look like that when I eat a cupcake(s) too!

Christina @ ovenadventures — February 7, 2012 @ 5:45 pm

The sloth video is hilarious. It makes me cry because I’m laughing so hard, and what makes I great is that she released it herself. I love Kristen Bell.

Stephanie Doyle — February 7, 2012 @ 5:48 pm

Dying laughing at the Kristen Bell video. THANK YOU! I love the Tuesday Things blog.

Molly — February 7, 2012 @ 5:49 pm

I’m obsessed with the Kristen Bell video too! I haven’t deleted the episode where she was on Ellen just because I want to watch it about every day. It makes any day much better.

Lindsey (One Sweet World) — February 7, 2012 @ 5:50 pm

1. I love James Taylor. I so wish he was coming to DC. My now husband and I saw him on our second date. I danced to a JT song with my dad at my wedding. Love. Him.

2. I feel like I should number these since you do.

3. Blue Diamond Nut Thins are to die for. Try the hazelnut ones. Thank me later.

Lisa — February 7, 2012 @ 5:52 pm

I’m the opposite bout cabbage vs sprouts. Sprouts are like concentrated cabbage in eyeball form. I’ve almost tried them with bacon like you but still can’t get the nerve. I should trust you!
    Kriten bell too funny. Always liked her.
    Try the hardboiled eggs with salt/pepper & melted butter; simple but yum. Nuke it quickly.
    Keep the baby pics coming. Way hilarious.

Allison — February 7, 2012 @ 5:56 pm

I just looked up “What a Night” on youtube because I couldn’t remember all the words (never seen Jersey Boys :( ), but now I totally get it.

Plus, I now I need to go get so Nut Thins to make my life complete.

emily — February 7, 2012 @ 5:57 pm

I am obsessed with that Kristen Bell video! I had a girl-crush on her anway and the video sealed the deal.

Connie — February 7, 2012 @ 5:57 pm

Awww, I love watching babies eat cakes/cupcakes! There’s nothing like savoring a treat without abandon. Jersey Boys was AMAZING, saw it when it was here in Los Angeles a few years ago…sat in the third row! It was a Mother’s Day gift for my mother-in-law and she was totally rocking out at the show–brought back a lot of childhood memories for her. Bacon on a cracker sounds rather tasty albeit not very filling, but there’s always room for maybe, 50 of them? Maybe a few crackers topped with cheese? I read your blog regularly but rarely comment, just wanted to say I love the lists of things you post often.

• Jessica — February 7th, 2012 @ 6:21 pm

Thank you so much for reading Connie!

Esther — February 7, 2012 @ 6:05 pm

I simultaneously laughed and cried at the sloth video. It was really weird. Not the video…me.

Coco — February 7, 2012 @ 6:08 pm

OMG I just watched the sloth video ahahahaha

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — February 7, 2012 @ 6:09 pm

I hope that child’s parents enter him into some sort of “amazing face” contest b/c he seriously has the funniest expressions I’ve ever seen!

Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles — February 7, 2012 @ 6:17 pm

Nut thine are pretty fabulous…plus so many flavor options. Your egg on hummus toast looks better though. And Fiddling and Clooney…even yummier still.

Shannon — February 7, 2012 @ 6:18 pm

OOOH, I need some of those nut thins now! Yum. The Blue Diamond BOLD Habenero BBQ almonds are delicious, but I’ve never had the crackers. The hard boiled eggs look delish, too.

Cristy — February 7, 2012 @ 6:32 pm

ILOVETHISPOSTILOVETHISPOSTILOVETHISPOSTILOVETHISPOST.

SO many things about it to love. Like, um…all of them.

Thanks for a bag of Tuesday happy!!!

Elizabeth Waybright — February 7, 2012 @ 6:45 pm

I have a secret to my hard-boiled eggs so they don’t get overdone.

Put eggs in pot, cover with water (just above the eggs). Bring to a boil and then boil for 5 minutes. Slap lid on pot and remove from heat. Let sit for another five minutes, then shock in ice water to stop cooking. It has never failed me!

Kristin — February 7, 2012 @ 6:46 pm

THAT VIDEO ALMOST MADE ME PEE MY PANTS.

Ashley — February 7, 2012 @ 6:53 pm

Suuuuper cute baby photo!!! Hummus is awesome with hard boiled eggs!

Mansee — February 7, 2012 @ 7:05 pm

That baby is just too much! Like, I’ve never seen a baby make that many adorably ridiculous faces before – I’m convinced it’s a special talent!

Katie — February 7, 2012 @ 7:12 pm

Oooooh my gosh, that Kristen Bell video is the best thing everrrr.

Alana Jo Couch — February 7, 2012 @ 7:17 pm

Love the sloth video. I can relate to her as far as emotions go. I am the same way. 3-7 is the safe zone.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — February 7, 2012 @ 7:51 pm

I think I would have to literally be sedated to watch Ides of March. Clooney and Gosling. I’m already hyperventilating.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — February 7, 2012 @ 7:52 pm

I can’t wait to see that movie!! I’m so excited.

Laura@joyful shimmy — February 7, 2012 @ 7:58 pm

This post brought a smile to my face. Yes to cloony and gosling in the as,e screen it’s illegalt

Nicole — February 7, 2012 @ 8:08 pm

I just started following your blog recently and love it! :) That Kristin Bell video just MADE. MY. NIGHT.

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — February 7, 2012 @ 8:20 pm

Love tuesday things. Love that video. Love it all! lol

Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) — February 7, 2012 @ 8:47 pm

That sloth video KILLS me.. so funny!

Meg — February 7, 2012 @ 9:30 pm

You don’t like cabbage? It is soooo good braised, one of my favorite recipes of all time is for Braised Cabbage with carrots and a poached egg from Orangette, try it!

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — February 7, 2012 @ 9:36 pm

I don’t like the idea of cooking cabbage — it’s best eaten raw as coleslaw :)

That video sure is HILARIOUS :D