Soooooo… you know that episode of Sex and the City where Miranda has to dump dish soap on top of chocolate cake just so she will stop eating it??

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups I howsweeteats.com

Uh. Yeeeeeah.

These are like… of that caliber.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups I howsweeteats.com

And that totally almost happened to me. You PROBably should not make these if you are home alone for four days. Word to the wise, FYI.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups I howsweeteats.com

I ate what felt like a million, then had a plate of 5-day old green bean fries from the fridge and called it lunch. I do not recommend this. The leftover green bean fries – not the cookie dough cups.

I definitely recommend those.

For lunch.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups I howsweeteats.com

Face? Meet peanut butter cookie dough cups.

Inhale.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups I howsweeteats.com

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups

[cookie dough adapted from cookie dough dip]

makes 24 cups

2 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips

1/2 cup unsalted butter

1/3 cup packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

3/4 cup powdered sugar

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

In a small saucepan, heat butter until melted. Whisk in brown sugar until dissolved, then let it bubble for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in peanut butter. The mixture will be liquidly. Whisk in vanilla. Let sit and cool completely, about 20 minutes.

Line a mini muffin with with liners. Melt 1 1/4 cups of chocolate chips (I do mine in the microwave, heating on full power for 20 seconds, stir, 30 seconds again, and stir until melted). Drop 1/2-1 teaspoon of chocolate into each liner, then use a pastry brush to brush chocolate up the sides of the liner. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes. By this point the butter + sugar mix should be cool. Whisk in powdered sugar, salt and flour, until combine and few lumps remain. Fold in mini chocolate chips. The dough will be wet, but pop it in the fridge for 15 minutes to harden.

Remove muffin tin and cookie dough, then place 1 teaspoon of cookie dough (I somewhat rolled mine) into the chocolate cups. Place back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Melt the remaining chocolate chips, then cover each cookie dough top with chocolate, smoothing with a spoon. Freeze again for 15-20 minutes. These are fine out in room temperature for a few hours (they may soften a bit) but I like them best stored in the fridge.

Note: I’m sure if you temper your chocolate and let it sit at room temperature these will harden without the freezer, but this is what works for me best.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups I howsweeteats.com

Sigh.

274 Responses to “Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups.”

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — March 30, 2012 @ 9:32 am

I honestly don’t know if I’d be able to get to the point where I’d actually be able to assemble these. I’d probably just be drizzling some of the chocolate over the cookie dough before I popped a huge ball of it into my mouth!
    You need to patent these, girl!!! Call Hershey’s and get them to start production!!! You’ll make a FORTUNE!!

• Jessica — March 30th, 2012 @ 10:55 am

That sort of happened…

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — March 30, 2012 @ 9:33 am

You’re out of your mind. And I love it.

JulieD — March 30, 2012 @ 9:38 am

Amazing as always!! I need to be your neighbor…stat!

• Jessica — March 30th, 2012 @ 10:55 am

I would love that!!

Lindsay @ The Live-In Kitchen — March 30, 2012 @ 9:39 am

Yum! I’m sure they would last well wrapped in the freezer for a while, right? That’s my best chance at not eating them all in one sitting.

• Jessica — March 30th, 2012 @ 10:54 am

Yes yes!

• Dana B — March 30th, 2012 @ 12:25 pm

If I did that, they’d still be gone! gone! :)

Christina — March 30, 2012 @ 9:43 am

These look amazing. Would it be over-the-top to add peanut butter to the cookie dough? I think my husband would call these his new favorite thing to eat!

Christina — March 30, 2012 @ 9:45 am

Sorry. Just fully read the recipe. Oops! I should have known you would go there. =)

Margarita — March 30, 2012 @ 9:48 am

If you havene heard this a million times already… You are awesome.

Tee — March 30, 2012 @ 9:51 am

These look Uh-MAZ-ing. Can’t wait to give them a whirl.

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — March 30, 2012 @ 9:53 am

You have really outdone yourself. How do you go on from here?? :)

Maria — March 30, 2012 @ 9:56 am

you blow my mind. I cannot WAIT to make these.

Amanda @ The Dormestic Goddess — March 30, 2012 @ 10:04 am

I remember that episode, and can’t wait to reenact it with these treats! Do you make deliveries for birthdays?!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — March 30, 2012 @ 10:09 am

Holy cannoli. These look amazing!

Krissys Creations — March 30, 2012 @ 10:15 am

Omg Jessica! I have to make these asap! & yes I know that episode and that has definitely happened to me me multiple times haha :)

Julie @ Table for Two — March 30, 2012 @ 10:16 am

pure genius. that’s all.

but seriously.

this.is.awesome.

i dump ice and water on my food at restaurants so i don’t pick at it while waiting for the server to pick it up lol

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen — March 30, 2012 @ 10:17 am

I want to be fed these in my sleep. Maybe calories consumed don’t count if you are sleeping? Yeah let’s try.

Madelaine — March 30, 2012 @ 10:17 am

I reference that episode frequently! Hilarious, and so real at the same time. I’m excited to try these!

Jenny — March 30, 2012 @ 10:21 am

Those look to die for! I am counting down the days until lent is over to try them since I gave up CHOCOLATE… what was I thinking?!?

Liz — March 30, 2012 @ 10:22 am

uh oh, I think I’m in trouble with these! What a fabulous invention – I can’t wait to try this recipe!

Lisa — March 30, 2012 @ 10:40 am

omg. my two favorite things combined into one holy moley!!! haha so excited :)

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — March 30, 2012 @ 10:44 am

Oh sweet baby Jesus. I have no words. I would have to pour rat poison on these to stop eating them, dish detergent wouldn’t be enough.

Jasper @ crunchylittlebites — March 30, 2012 @ 10:44 am

oh my word, Jessica! You’re Sex in the City reference might not suffice for these…I’d probably eat them even AFTER throwing in the trash plus drenching with dish soap (okay, maybe not) but I Am so excited to tell you that I’ve got to create 6 dozen cupcakes to donate for a kids Easter Cake Walk at my church tomorrow and I am SO EXCITED because I am using three different recipes from How Sweet Eats plus icing techniques from YOU! Thanks Jessica!

Morgan — March 30, 2012 @ 10:46 am

Why are doing this to me?? I just made my fifth batch of brown butter oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies in the past two weeks.. along with 5 dozen chocolate chip cookies.. and now I’m HAVE to going to make these.

• Jessica — March 30th, 2012 @ 10:53 am

Love that you love those cookies!!

amy — March 30, 2012 @ 10:56 am

yum these look awesome!! think i might need to make these for an upcoming baby shower…hmmm

Shauna @ Balancing Bites — March 30, 2012 @ 10:59 am

Wow, these look amazing. I will definitely be making these soon.

Vanessa (Mom's Menu Planner) — March 30, 2012 @ 11:03 am

These look so delicious, I could eat my computer screen! I’ll be they would be great with plain peanut butter cookie dough, too!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — March 30, 2012 @ 11:06 am

Jessica, these are amazing!!!! I have made PB cups stuffed with Ritz crackers and PB, and stuffed with candies and other goodies, but never cookie dough. WOW..they look amazing.

BTW a tip for you is that the TJs big red Pound Plus chocolate bar is the most amazing bar for recipes with melting chocolate. I use it with all my cups creations b/c it melts SO smoothly and effortlessly, unlike choc chips which can sometimes be stubborn. Any recipe you need melted choc for, it’s the.best. I have ever tried, especially for the price. I get the red one, I believe it’s 72%. (not the blue or brown wrapper ones)

• Jessica — March 30th, 2012 @ 11:07 am

Oh I totally agree, I love that bar so much that I often end up eating it… all by myself.

Jo @ Jo In the Kitchen — March 30, 2012 @ 11:12 am

OMG, these look amazing!! I guess I know what I’m doing this weekend ;)

Mia — March 30, 2012 @ 11:13 am

Any thoughts on how to make that chocolatey shell without the peanut butter? Some of us are the female equivalent of Steve Urkel, with allergies to virtually the whole world. Except chocolate chip cookie dough. That I could eat until I burst.

• Jessica — March 30th, 2012 @ 11:20 am

The peanut butter isn’t used in the chocolate – it’s used in the cookie dough. I think you could leave it out of the cookie dough, maybe add more sugar if needed?

• Mia — March 30th, 2012 @ 4:06 pm

And here I was thinking I knew how to read! Thanks so much for clarifying!!!

Estela @ Weekly Bite — March 30, 2012 @ 11:32 am

Jessica, you never cease to amaze me! :) :)

Chelsea@Chelsea Is Dishing Up — March 30, 2012 @ 11:39 am

Are.YOU.kidding.me????????????????????????????????? My mouth won’t stop salivating at the thought of these.

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries — March 30, 2012 @ 11:41 am

wow. cookie dough, peanut butter, and peanut butter cups all combined into one sounds like perfection to me!

Emily — March 30, 2012 @ 12:02 pm

I’m a lurker on your wonderful site, but today I just cannot hold back my enthusiasm for what looks like the greatest candy I’ve ever witnessed!!!!!!

honeywhatscooking — March 30, 2012 @ 12:04 pm

these look amazing.. that’s so cool that you used a pastry brush to spread the chocolate around, and then froze it. i was wondering how you did that. very cool!

Caitlin — March 30, 2012 @ 12:06 pm

And I officially am leaving work early to get home and make these. Girl, you kill me. You live in Pittsburgh, right? You should really visit Happy Valley sometime..

Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner — March 30, 2012 @ 12:07 pm

Oh.my.goodness… you’re amazing. Could it get any better!?! I don’t know if I can make these because I would seriously eat.them.all… but i might just have to try :)

Leah @ Why Deprive? — March 30, 2012 @ 12:16 pm

So, you just took two of the best things ever and combined them. I’m not even sure what to do with myself right now, these look amazing!

christina @ ovenadventures — March 30, 2012 @ 12:33 pm

OMG. i am no words. just drool hitting the keyboard.

Cait's Plate — March 30, 2012 @ 12:35 pm

It’s like you’re in my head and always taking my most favorite food combos and making these delicious things out of them!

Julia — March 30, 2012 @ 12:41 pm

I can’t even read the post because my eyes are filled with tears of joy looking at the pictures. Ok, once I wipe up the puddle of both tears and drool, I actually be able to see what everthing else says…

Katie @ Veggie and the Beast — March 30, 2012 @ 12:45 pm

I just emailed this to my sister and told her you’re a visionary. My mind is blown. I’m speechless…and hungry.

Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables — March 30, 2012 @ 1:09 pm

yea I don’t even think i’d be able to fully make these without eating all the cookie dough right then and there. But i’ll obviously try :)

Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker — March 30, 2012 @ 1:24 pm

I would eat every last one of these. Love peanut butter cups, and love this spin. Amazing idea!

Tracy — March 30, 2012 @ 2:10 pm

Oh my dear this blows my mind!! Peanut butter, cookie dough, and chocolate?! The best!!!

Steph @ 321delish — March 30, 2012 @ 2:30 pm

O. M. G. You always have the best ideas! These look amazing!!!

Sara Flynn — March 30, 2012 @ 2:32 pm

I need to make these! Not even a question. :)

Chels R. — March 30, 2012 @ 3:41 pm

Oh my-lanta! I’m so not showing my husband this, he will go cuckoo for this! LOL!

Quinn Harper — March 30, 2012 @ 3:47 pm

These.Look.Amazing!! Holy cow, can’t wait to make these!! :-)

Katie — March 30, 2012 @ 4:12 pm

Oooh you’ve done it. And I’m home alone right now (well, sort of…the only one awake) and I’ll probably make and consume a whole batch before anyone wakes up and tries to share with me. Happy weekend to me.

Julia {The Roasted Root} — March 30, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

Your post cracked me up…I’ve never seen that episode of Sex and the City, but dumping soap over a scrumptious dessert is a wonderful solution to my sweet tooth problem. Your recipe looks awesome! I made peanut butter cups over the holidays and had the same issue as you – could NOT stop eating them…talk about sugar hangover all day long ;) I love that you take your recipe one step further with the cookie dough – I’m a huge cookie dough person…could spoon-feed it to myself, no baking necessary. Looks great!

tracy — March 30, 2012 @ 4:46 pm

i have NEVER forgotten that episode of sex in the city!!!!!!! i think we talked about it on the podcast once. HAHAHAH