There is only one thing worse than you having to stare through the screen at these cookies.

And that’s listening to me talk about how incredible they taste.

Or… I guess it COULD be worse – I could remind you for the 3700th time that the only way the peanut butter + chocolate combo (aka life itself) gets better is by adding banana, but whatever. I wouldn’t want to bore you.

But obviously, these cookies do contain three of my favorite things in the universe. I baked them in the morning, which meant that I ate cookies for a very balanced lunch and dinner. Oh, and three snacks.

… or four.

I tried my traditional sneak: leaving them on the counter for when my husband got home from work, in the hopes that he – the man who doesn’t love banana baked goods because he only eats bright GREEN bananas (dubyu tee eff?) – would pick one up and take a big bite. But my wife sense failed me and even though I lied when he asked “what’s in those cookies?” (“um, nothing. just chocolate chips. YOUR FAVORITE.”), I eventually caved because he just wasn’t taking the bait. Which meant he never took a bite. Which meant we had cookies for days. Which meant by late Saturday night I threw the last two in the trash (ziplock bag intact) then found myself fishing one out Sunday afternoon.

Hallllllp me.

There is one big major giant deal to note: these cookies are not cakey. Many moons ago I made some traditional banana chocolate chip cookies, and more often than not, cookies with banana come out fairly cake-like. No sir, not these. They are soft, but still have some chew. They stay soft for eons, or at least for the 16 hours they remain in your house before complete and total domination.

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

[adapted from giant rainbow cookies]

makes about 18-20 cookies

2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

8 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted and cooled

6 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter, melted and cooled

1 cup loosely packed brown sugar

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1 egg yolk, at room temperature

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 1/2 ripe medium bananas, mashed

1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Mix the flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside. In another large bowl, whisk together cooled peanut butter and butter with both sugars until combined. Whisk in egg yolk and vanilla extract until smooth. Add in the mashed banana and mix until combined – mixture will not be smooth. Gradually add in the dry ingredients, mixing with a large spoon until a dough forms – I even use my hands to bring it together sometimes. Fold in chocolate chips.

Shape the dough into the size of a golfball (or size of your choice) and place on a nonstick baking sheet about 2 inches apart from each other. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are golden and the middles are puffy – do not overbake! Let cool completely then dig in. I suggest letting these cool completely before storing them in a sealed container or bag, and they will stay very soft because of the banana.

Next time I’m adding bacon because then these cookies will house all of my favorite things and be like, a complete meal.

207 Responses to “Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies.”

Caroline @ chocolate & carrots — April 24, 2012 @ 7:04 am

What a snack! I love it!!! :D They look so chewy and absolutely delicious. Another winning cookie, for sure! :D

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — April 24, 2012 @ 7:07 am

I love anything baked with banana – cookies for the win!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — April 24, 2012 @ 7:09 am

ahh i never tell my husband what’s in things until after he eats them. these look delish!

Rebekah @ Medicine, Munchies & Movement — April 24, 2012 @ 7:09 am

Those look amazing! I will be trying those for sure in the near future :).

Kim — April 24, 2012 @ 7:11 am

OMG. These early morning posts get me everytime. Yum. : )

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — April 24, 2012 @ 7:12 am

One of my favorite flavor combos! Love that you came up with a non-cakey version.

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — April 24, 2012 @ 7:15 am

Those look delish. And yes, bacon would be great too!!

Sally @ sally's baking addiction — April 24, 2012 @ 7:17 am

yes yes and YES! i have been dabbling with adding banana in my peanut butter/chocolate chip cookies but they always turn out a bit odd looking. :( i’m so glad you posted these, now i know i’ll have a no fail recipe next time. oh and “the only way the peanut butter + chocolate combo (aka life itself) gets better is by adding banana” – i have never read truer words.

Rosie @ Sweetapolita — April 24, 2012 @ 7:20 am

I love that I’m not the only one who has to creatively omit ingredients when asked (as always) by the husband, “What’s in it?” These look awesome, Jess! xo

Abby Flynt — April 24, 2012 @ 7:21 am

omg thank you!

Kim in MD — April 24, 2012 @ 7:22 am

Like Mr. How Sweet, I like to eat my bananas under-ripe, but I also love to use the super over-ripe bananas in baked goods. This cookie recipe looks incredible, Jessica!

char eats greens — April 24, 2012 @ 7:28 am

Mmm these look dreamy. Too bad I just used all my rotten bananas yesterday in banana bread. I can’t believe the husband doesn’t like anything but green bananas. I’m sure you’ll convert him soon enough ;)

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — April 24, 2012 @ 7:35 am

Yes yes and yes. And if you add bacon, it will be like having an Elvis sandwich in cookie form! ;)

Christina @ This Woman Cooks! — April 24, 2012 @ 7:35 am

Perfect snack!

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — April 24, 2012 @ 7:37 am

Leave well enough alone. OK, fine, add bacon. You’ll do it anyway.

Gen — April 24, 2012 @ 7:38 am

Sounds like a fantastic snack!!!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — April 24, 2012 @ 7:51 am

Oh Dear Lord, these are my weakness! I love all 3 main ingredients and I now I must make them, I must I must!!!! Sigh… Why does work have to get in the way of baking sweet goodness?

Laura — April 24, 2012 @ 7:54 am

Cookies with bananas in them that aren’t cakey…oh my! They sound like a dream! They are the cookie version to my banana chocolate chip muffins except better because they have my other lover (pb) in them!

Jordan — April 24, 2012 @ 7:55 am

It’s like you knew that I has super ripe bananas on my counter just waiting to be used! I’ll definitely. E making these today!

Villy @ For the love of Feeding — April 24, 2012 @ 7:56 am

I admire your husband.. I don’t eat bananas, never, even when I was in my mother’s belly (seriously). But I wouldn’t be able to resist a bite! Or a whole cookie. Or 5.

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — April 24, 2012 @ 7:56 am

Do they taste super banana-y or does it just add to the sweetness? They look like the PERFECT cookie texture!

• Jessica — April 24th, 2012 @ 9:50 am

I don’t know if I’d say super banana-y, but you can distinctly taste all 3 flavors!

Lauren — April 24, 2012 @ 7:59 am

I love waking up to your recipes :-) Thanks for making my day errrryday. I wish I could bake with you one day, I’m sure it would be the funniest/most delicious experience

Jamie {green beans & grapefruit} — April 24, 2012 @ 8:00 am

Ummm- yumm!!! Can you taste all 3 flavors or does the banana become overshadowed? Either way they sound terrific!

• Jessica — April 24th, 2012 @ 9:49 am

You can definitely taste all 3!

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles — April 24, 2012 @ 8:00 am

PERFECT combo! :)

Katie @ Katie Moves — April 24, 2012 @ 8:02 am

Those cookies look like perfection! Yum!

Amy @ A Stool at the Counter — April 24, 2012 @ 8:13 am

NICE pictures, girl!

Cassie — April 24, 2012 @ 8:15 am

PB + banana = love. I Love these.

Maria — April 24, 2012 @ 8:21 am

I think I need to make these tonight after my 9 hours of lecture at school.. obviously replacing the peanut butter with almond butter since I’m allergic ;)

Sally @ Spontaneous Hausfrau — April 24, 2012 @ 8:27 am

I tell you, my husband and your husband must have been separated at birth – mine like green bananas, too. As a matter of fact, once they start to get even one little speckle, he declares them rotten.

Onto more important things – these cookies make me want to die. In a good way.

amanda @ fake ginger — April 24, 2012 @ 8:27 am

I’m a firm believer in “fruit does not belong in dessert” but these? I need.

• Jessica — April 24th, 2012 @ 9:49 am

I hear ya!

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh — April 24, 2012 @ 8:30 am

Can I make them baseball sized? Oops, I meant to keep that one in my head.

Julia {The Roasted Root} — April 24, 2012 @ 8:35 am

Chocolate, peanut butter and banana is definitely one of the best trifectas on the planet. Your cookies look awesome and yes, I wish a few would teleport themselves through my computer screen ;)

betsy — April 24, 2012 @ 8:37 am

3 of my FAV flavors! Must try!!

Amanda at the red table — April 24, 2012 @ 8:41 am

Mmmm…chocolate, peanut butter and bananas — that has GOT to be tasty!

Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama — April 24, 2012 @ 8:42 am

Please… add bacon next time!! These look amazing!

Natalie @ Cooking for My Kids — April 24, 2012 @ 8:53 am

My husband does not like bananas, either, but I have three littles who will love helping me eat all of these cookies. I cannot wait to try them.

Chelsy — April 24, 2012 @ 8:56 am

You had me at peanut butter. Seriously. Oh, and the bacon thing…right there with you sista!

ronda — April 24, 2012 @ 8:56 am

Oh these look amazing. I am drooling. PB, Banana and chocolate is a can’t lose combo.

Maria — April 24, 2012 @ 9:37 am

Love everything about these cookies!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries — April 24, 2012 @ 9:38 am

i couldn’t agree more… banana added to the peanut butter + chocolate combo just makes it that much better. :) yum!

Evan Thomas — April 24, 2012 @ 9:41 am

Yum. These sound terrific, Jessica. Definitely making these.

Megan {Country Cleaver} — April 24, 2012 @ 9:45 am

What is it with the banana cookies = instant cakey cookies? Dang it. I made them before and just hated that texture. A cookie has heft, substance and chew. If i wanted a banana chocolate muffin top, I’d make that! (Go Seinfeld on that muffin’s arse! Muffin trunks need not apply)
    But these – THESE – I’ll totally give a go. :)

Ashley — April 24, 2012 @ 9:58 am

I will come halllllllp you!! ;) You, Katie, and Heather are all about the banana today. Too funny when that happens! I seriously question your husband’s diet. Greeeeen bananas…..quiver.

Allison — April 24, 2012 @ 10:05 am

Can’t wait to try these, I often only have one or two overripe bananas and since it’s not enough for banana bread, they get wasted. Also, as a side note, I made your s’mores thumbprint cookies that night and they are to die for. I would like them to be a bit more brownie-like, chewy. Any suggestions on what I could add/change to accomplish this? Maybe the entire egg instead of just the yolk?

• Jessica — April 24th, 2012 @ 10:10 am

hmmm I’m pretty sure that just using the yolk is often what helps cookies be chewy (as does brown sugar, like these ones above) but I’ve never had a chewy thumbprint so I’m not sure. You could try underbaking them a bit but I think they’d be more crumbly that chewy – maybe just try another chewy chocolate cookie recipe as the base!

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — April 24, 2012 @ 10:08 am

It’s a flavor EXPLOSION!

Cait's Plate — April 24, 2012 @ 10:10 am

I never thought the whole peanut butter/chocolate combo could get any better than what it was…but I think you may just be right that the banana addition brings it to a whole new level.

Ryan @ Spicy Richmond — April 24, 2012 @ 10:15 am

I love a PB and Banana Sandwich so adding in chocolate chips sounds divine!

vanillasugarblog — April 24, 2012 @ 10:26 am

oh i bet these do taste amazing!
    i believe you!

Nicole {Sweet Peony} — April 24, 2012 @ 10:26 am

Haha I always “forget to mention” a few ingredients in things I know the husband otherwise would not try. But he can always tell what’s up. Sigh… At least he would loooove these. The pb, choc, & banana combo is soooo amazing. Can’t wait to make these :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) — April 24, 2012 @ 10:42 am

oh bacon. i would love that…and maybe some extra chocolate? yeah. it’s that kind of day already :)

1 2 3 4

1. Pingback: Venison Stroganoff and Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies « letstalkfashionandfood

2. Pingback: Puja J. Gandhi

3. Pingback: Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies | Killer Bunnies, Inc

4. Pingback: best of the blogs: april. « wabi wabi

5. Pingback: Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies {Gluten-Free/Vegan} | The Wannabe Chef

6. Pingback: May Day Cookies – Sprinkle Joy.

7. Pingback: Peanut Butter Banana Coconut Cookies « honeybutterbakes

8. Pingback: Banana PB Choc Chip Wholemeal Cookies « elywrites

9. Pingback: An Update! | This Thing Called Love

10. Pingback: Guest Post: The Spiffy Cookie

11. Pingback: Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cookies | The Spiffy Cookie

12. Pingback: Banana Bread Cookies » Pardon the Dog Hair

13. Pingback: Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies | SugarHero!

14. Pingback: The Working Family – Meal Plan (week of August 12 2012) « words n stuffs

15. Pingback: Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chunk Cookies

16. Pingback: Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies | Modify and DIY

17. Pingback: To Thank My Amazing Friend for My Birthday Wishes (and In Honor of The King Himself)…Elvis Cookies | Maura Neill: REALTOR®, Speaker, Instructor

18. Pingback: It’s time to live, live! | honeyandbumble

19. Pingback: Fat Elvis Cookies or Banana & Peanut Butter Chip Cookies With Bacon Bits | Steal The Baking

20. Pingback: Cookie monsters « beets me

21. Pingback: The Ape Shit (aka monkey doodoo) | words n stuffs

22. Pingback: Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

23. Pingback: Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies - Benjamin F. Packard House

24. Pingback: peanut butter banana chocolate chip cookies | guy and his girl

25. Pingback: Peanut Butter Banana Cookie | FoodsBeforeDudes.com

26. Pingback: Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies | Frosting & Filigree

27. Pingback: Cookies and cocoa | Shamanic Writer

28. Pingback: 10 Things About This Summer

29. Pingback: Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

30. Pingback: Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies | Island Bakes

31. Pingback: Pipe Dream #295: To Produce Something From Nothing – Espresso Bean Peanut Butter Banana Cookies | piping dreams