One of these things is not like the other…

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

I guess.

I mean, I really have no idea.

I eat chocolate and cheese together all the time (HOW WEIRD AM I?), but I just really wanted to say those words.

Ugh.

I

can’t

even.

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

This is just the beginning of my roasted strawberry obsession. Believe it. Last week I made pancakes with them and I even made something savory and I am fully planning on blasting you in the face with my full-blown fascination until the point of complete annoyance.

I’m sorry.

But not really. At all.

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

Do you enjoy my use of super crusty (in a good way, not in a, uh… crusty way) multigrain bread? With some organic strawberries and cheese, dark chocolate (not nearly as delicious as milk, but whatever) and a sort-of healthy butter, this is practically a health food. Tons of antioxidants. Even some fiber. Obvious protein.

I think someone’s Friday just got better…

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese

makes 2 sandwiches

6 strawberries, quartered

1/2 teaspoon canola oil

pinch of salt

2 tablespoons butter

4 thick-cut slices of multigrain bread

2-3 ounces of brie cheese, sliced

1-2 ounces high-quality chocolate

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss strawberries with oil and salt, then spread on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.

Heat a large skillet or grilled over medium-low heat. Butter the sides of two slices of bread, place them on the skillet buttered-side down, then layer on a few slices of cheese, chocolate and strawberries. Top with a few more slices of cheese, then butter one side of the other bread slices, and place on top of the cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has started to melt, then gently flip the sandwich and cook until golden. Serve immediately!

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

And it’s not only mine.

242 Responses to “Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheeeeeeeese.”

Caroline @ chocolate & carrots — April 27, 2012 @ 6:54 am

Now, that’s a grilled cheese. Amen sister.

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — April 27, 2012 @ 6:58 am

Um, how soon can I start living on this sandwich?

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — April 27, 2012 @ 6:58 am

you just took grilled cheese to a whole other level. I kind of like it.

Liz @ Blog is the New Black — April 27, 2012 @ 6:59 am

Holy grilled cheese.

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles — April 27, 2012 @ 7:02 am

HOLY WOW! … I am still a little too asleep to grasp much but seriously, this is revolutionary. This pregnant woman is in love!!!!!

Kim in MD — April 27, 2012 @ 7:07 am

I love the idea of the roasted strawberries, so bring on all of your obsession recipes! I’m not sure about strawberries with cheese, but I will keep an open mind! :-)

Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips — April 27, 2012 @ 7:09 am

OK, I am obsessed with grilled cheese recipes lately – this is going on the list!

Katrina — April 27, 2012 @ 7:09 am

AHHH!! This sounds so freaking amazing. I want to jump though the screen!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — April 27, 2012 @ 7:10 am

Ohhh!! This friggen looks heavenly!!! This would be perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!!! Dam!!

Victoria (District Chocoholic) — April 27, 2012 @ 7:13 am

Is that the Green & Blacks 70% cacao dark chocolate? I’m impressed that you were able to cook with it instead of eating it all straight during photography and prep.

Beki @ MissWheezy — April 27, 2012 @ 7:19 am

That’s totally all my favourite things in one sandwich! Amazing :)

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — April 27, 2012 @ 7:28 am

I try to avoid your site when cheese is showcased like this (purely for selfish reasons). This one is definitely what I imagine heaven in like…this one is magical! Have a great weekend Jessica!

Simply Life — April 27, 2012 @ 7:29 am

oh this is genius!!!! can I have this for lunch today?!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — April 27, 2012 @ 7:30 am

What the what? I need this…I now hate all other grilled cheeses

Rachel Cooks (formerly Not Rachael Ray) — April 27, 2012 @ 7:30 am

I think I’ll need a bib! I’ve been wanting to try roasting strawberries–yum!

Georgiana — April 27, 2012 @ 7:31 am

Oh. My. Goodness. That goodness needs to jump into my mouth. Like, right now. How can you spend a single minute not eating, Jessica, when you have all of these delicious creations floating around in that noggin of yours? It is a wonder.

living the sweet life — April 27, 2012 @ 7:37 am

Happening.right now. Right here. Chocolate for breakfast is the only way to ensure you have a great day ;)

Meg @ Peaches and Cake — April 27, 2012 @ 7:42 am

OMG this might be the best dessert EVER. I wonder what chocolate and cheese tastes like together? Hmm! Probably salty sweet delicious.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — April 27, 2012 @ 7:42 am

I’m 75% there. Double my chocolate and hold the cheese please ;)

Sally @ Spontaneous Hausfrau — April 27, 2012 @ 7:45 am

I can’t even handle all the gooey goodness here! I’ll take it, I’ll take it all!

Natalie @ Cooking for My Kids — April 27, 2012 @ 7:55 am

My Friday absolutely got kicked up a notch, just looking at the pictures and drooling. I am kind of in love with this sandwich, and I have not even tried it yet.

Cookbook Queen — April 27, 2012 @ 8:05 am

I have to tell you something about our relationship: I’m just using you for your grilled cheese.

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh……..

Maria — April 27, 2012 @ 8:07 am

Oh my!! I NEED this sandwich. NOW!

Julia — April 27, 2012 @ 8:10 am

The pictures of the cheese and chocolate all melty and oozing out, holy freaking gooeyness, that looka insane!!!!

Amy — April 27, 2012 @ 8:12 am

Too early to be drooling. YUM! I’ve been developing a crush on roasted strawberries too. Anything strawberry right now is good with me but + chocolate…doesn’t get much better than that.

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — April 27, 2012 @ 8:17 am

I LOVE how messy it looks!!! That’s definitely not a sandwich for a first date … that’s a sandwich to be inhaled all by yourself. Or with your jealous husband watching!! ;)

BinomialBaker — April 27, 2012 @ 8:19 am

Wow…just wow! That is one amazing looking grilled cheese!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — April 27, 2012 @ 8:42 am

Amazing combination as always! I’m thinking some Mancini raisin bread would make it even better.

Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables — April 27, 2012 @ 8:42 am

that combo looks mind blowing. I’m already imaging it with goat cheese…

Simone — April 27, 2012 @ 8:47 am

I love your pictures!

• Jessica — April 27th, 2012 @ 11:21 am

Thank you!

tina @ mylifeasamrs — April 27, 2012 @ 8:50 am

holy. moly. i need this… like now! :) Happy Friday love!

Joanie — April 27, 2012 @ 8:52 am

Wow! Looks amazing! I really do need to make this sandwich!!

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh — April 27, 2012 @ 8:54 am

Yes, yes, a thousand times, YES!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — April 27, 2012 @ 8:58 am

I would never think to put strawberry on a grilled cheese — but your recipes have never failed me before!! Great pictures :D

Catalina @ Cake with Love — April 27, 2012 @ 9:02 am

This is an amazing idea, a dessert like grilled cheese!! love all that melted chocolate!

Cindy Coniglio — April 27, 2012 @ 9:02 am

You always seem to amaze me everyday. lol

rick@http://texasfoodandtravel.blogspot.com/ — April 27, 2012 @ 9:11 am

wow. what a great looking sandwich. thanks for sharing

Laura — April 27, 2012 @ 9:15 am

What?! This is CRAZY! Crazy awesome that is and you are really brave. I want to try those flavours together but I’m a little scared.

Kelly — April 27, 2012 @ 9:18 am

I don’t know what to think about this. I guess I’ll just need to make it to find out!

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — April 27, 2012 @ 9:19 am

What is THIS??!!
    And now I’ve got Sesame Street stuck in my head…but I love that. :-)

Stacy — April 27, 2012 @ 9:28 am

Oh, woman, you’re killing me! I’ve lost 23 pounds…and in the last two days you’ve really got me rethinking this diet thing. Maybe Sunday. I promise to only eat half.

• Jessica — April 27th, 2012 @ 11:20 am

Congrats on losing 23 lbs! That is huge, I hope you are so proud.

Ashley — April 27, 2012 @ 9:35 am

I think goat cheese would be amazing with this as well!! The roasted strawberries have me so intrigued. I’ve been seeing them all around. Yum.

Kristina — April 27, 2012 @ 9:35 am

That is a serious grilled cheese. Omy. YUM! That picture with the steam coming over the strawberries looks crazy good!!

Melanie — April 27, 2012 @ 9:38 am

How versatile is this?? Very well done. Breakfast? Yes. Lunch? Yes. Appetizer? well… yes! Dessert? Of course! Snack? Most def. Amazing combination and creativity.

Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama — April 27, 2012 @ 9:39 am

Now THIS is how you celebrate National Grilled Cheese Month! oh. my. word.

Karen — April 27, 2012 @ 9:46 am

I am dreaming of dipping this into aged syrupy and thick aged balsamic… Droooooollllll :)

• Karen — April 27th, 2012 @ 9:47 am

PS I love LOVE LOVE how you say ” MAKES 2 SANDWICHES”
      NOT .. Serves 2 lolololol :) My kinda lady!

Adrienne @ Midwestern Belle — April 27, 2012 @ 9:47 am

Sudden my breakfast of yogurt seems so dull :/ This looks amazing!!

Cookin' Cowgirl — April 27, 2012 @ 9:48 am

I think I just DIED! Then came back to life……then DIED again! Mercy!

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective — April 27, 2012 @ 9:50 am

Oh. My. God. I’m utterly speechless!

chefroommate — April 27, 2012 @ 9:58 am

Um wow. Must east this. Immediately.

As in yesterday.

1 2 3 4

1. Pingback: Random Friday stuff « Real Housewife of Jacksonville

2. Pingback: » Sick Days » Culinary Colleen Culinary Colleen

3. Pingback: May by the Numbers (Plus Re-Entry Into Responsible-ish Adulthood) « Elizabethan Theatre

4. Pingback: Roasted Strawberry, Goat Cheese and Asparagus Farro. | How Sweet It Is

5. Pingback: Roasted Strawberry Farro. | Lifestyle Pins

6. Pingback: Friday Favorites | Nikkilooch

7. Pingback: Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese « Food Whore

8. Pingback: Things I MUST make « Chelcie's Food Files

9. Pingback: The Flat Stanley Project | Confessions of a (Not-So) Domesticated Newlywed

10. Pingback: Roasted Strawberry Brown Butter Pancakes | How Sweet It Is

11. Pingback: Current Cravings . 12 « Food Whims

12. Pingback: Roasted Strawberry Brown Butter Pancakes. | Lifestyle Pins

13. Pingback: Mother’s Day & Roasted Strawberry, Nutella + Brie Grilled Cheese « Midwestern Belle

14. Pingback: Our Everyday – Weeks 9 & 10 – Wake Forest Child Photography « « Rebecca Keller Photography Rebecca Keller Photography

15. Pingback: Strawberry Kiwi Crisp | How Sweet It Is

16. Pingback: Roasted Strawberry Napoleons « Bake, Run, Live

17. Pingback: smells like strawberries | Christy Wilson's Studio

18. Pingback: Roasted strawberry salad

19. Pingback: How To Be The Best Labor and Delivery Assistant « Ellie Ann

20. Pingback: Fontina + Blackberry Basil Smash Grilled Cheese | How Sweet It Is

21. Pingback: Grilled Fontina + Blackberry Basil Smash Sandwiches. | Lifestyle Pins

22. Pingback: Ingredient Spotlight: Strawberries! | Mod City Mag

23. Pingback: Friday Favourites « MilesCityLiving.com

24. Pingback: Food Friday | Lost in Drawers

25. Pingback: Balsamic Roasted Strawberries | Better with Cake

26. Pingback: Missing my sister | Boog & Rooter

27. Pingback: Because life is distracting. | And then there was a dragon

28. Pingback: Roasted Strawberry w/ Brie & Chocolate Grilled Cheese « Utterly Smitten

29. Pingback: Roasted Strawberry and Chocolate Grilled Cheese | Tipa Tipa

30. Pingback: Top Ten Tuesday—July 24, 2012 « Needs More Glitter

31. Pingback: | Just the two of us

32. Pingback: 8 Things from this Weekend. « The Pancake Princess and the Protein Prince

33. Pingback: Peach, Bacon + Gouda Grilled Cheese Sliders on Pretzel Bread | How Sweet It Is

34. Pingback: TGIF: A Manifesto for Wimps, Dreamers, What-if Junkies and Procrastinators. — SheLoves Magazine

35. Pingback: Brie & chocolate for breakfast | The Hungry Wife

36. Pingback: Bonjour from Beauxbatons « Muggle Food

37. Pingback: Roasted Strawberry, Chocolate and Brie Grilled Cheese | Better with Cake

38. Pingback: Green Thumb

39. Pingback: I Want to Eat this Picture | Look Like You Can Cook!

40. Pingback: Because We Can! 5 Ways to Eat Chocolate for Breakfast | The Kitchn | Chocolate

41. Pingback: trailer

42. Pingback: Balsamic Brussels Sprouts Grilled Cheese. | How Sweet It Is

43. Pingback: Crockpot Pulled Pork + Beer Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwiches | How Sweet It Is

44. Pingback: Oven Roasted Turkey, Brie + Blackberry Panini | Making Life Sweet | Lauren Hardy

45. Pingback: Beauty Organization, Bunny Butts and the Creepiest Trend EVER - Happy Weekend! - Prairie Hive

46. Pingback: 4. Pinnat den senaste tiden « Johanna Ögren