One of these things is not like the other…

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

I guess.

I mean, I really have no idea.

I eat chocolate and cheese together all the time (HOW WEIRD AM I?), but I just really wanted to say those words.

Ugh.

I

can’t

even.

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

This is just the beginning of my roasted strawberry obsession. Believe it. Last week I made pancakes with them and I even made something savory and I am fully planning on blasting you in the face with my full-blown fascination until the point of complete annoyance.

I’m sorry.

But not really. At all.

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

Do you enjoy my use of super crusty (in a good way, not in a, uh… crusty way) multigrain bread? With some organic strawberries and cheese, dark chocolate (not nearly as delicious as milk, but whatever) and a sort-of healthy butter, this is practically a health food. Tons of antioxidants. Even some fiber. Obvious protein.

I think someone’s Friday just got better…

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese

makes 2 sandwiches

6 strawberries, quartered

1/2 teaspoon canola oil

pinch of salt

2 tablespoons butter

4 thick-cut slices of multigrain bread

2-3 ounces of brie cheese, sliced

1-2 ounces high-quality chocolate

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss strawberries with oil and salt, then spread on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.

Heat a large skillet or grilled over medium-low heat. Butter the sides of two slices of bread, place them on the skillet buttered-side down, then layer on a few slices of cheese, chocolate and strawberries. Top with a few more slices of cheese, then butter one side of the other bread slices, and place on top of the cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has started to melt, then gently flip the sandwich and cook until golden. Serve immediately!

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I howsweeteats.com

And it’s not only mine.

244 Responses to “Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheeeeeeeese.”

Chloe — April 27, 2012 @ 11:57 pm

Heart filled with strawberries and chocolate. my life is COMPLETE.

Crystal @ A Lovin' Forkful — April 27, 2012 @ 11:59 pm

Now that is what I call a grilled cheese sandwich! Amazing!

megan — April 28, 2012 @ 12:00 am

UN.REAL.

Shannon — April 28, 2012 @ 8:06 am

Grilled Brie and chocolate sandwiches are decadent! Never thought to add strawberries. Yum!!!

Jane — April 28, 2012 @ 9:12 am

So glad you confessed your obsession! This looks and sounds quite fantastic. It’s something I would love to try. I mean, what’s not to love about any of those ingredients??

Karriann — April 28, 2012 @ 12:23 pm

I’ve never tried chocolate, strawberries and cheese altogether before but it sure looks worth trying :)

“Happy Cooking”

Anita — April 28, 2012 @ 2:11 pm

Genius !

Villy @ For the love of Feeding — April 28, 2012 @ 6:39 pm

OMG. How do you do that? What an unreal combination!

Anna @ hiddenponies — April 29, 2012 @ 1:24 am

Cheese and chocolate are my two favorite foods and I’ve only been sad that i can’t enjoy both at the same time – you are now officially my hero.

Jenny @ BAKE — April 29, 2012 @ 4:54 am

sweet toasties? what an incredible idea! I have an addiction to cream cheese and chocolate spread sandwiches but you’ve taken it to a whole new level!

DessertForTwo — April 29, 2012 @ 1:23 pm

I want to make this! Seriously! I adorrrrrrrrrre brie! Love this (& you!)

Kenzie — April 29, 2012 @ 8:36 pm

Oh what wonderful pictures!!

idiosyncratic eye — April 29, 2012 @ 8:45 pm

That looks amaaaazing! We’ve done apple, cranberry, cinnamon and brie/camembert before and thought that was weird enough but oooh … ;)

Stefanie — April 29, 2012 @ 9:03 pm

I have two bites left of my sandwich. AMAZING! This was so good. I used white cheddar as I didn’t have any brie, so I only imagine how much more amazing it will taste the next time I make it with brie. Thanks for the recipe!

Sally @ sally's baking addiction — April 29, 2012 @ 9:04 pm

Jessica – this looks simply amazing!! i’ve had a brie/maple walnut/pear grilled cheese before which was to.die.for….. but this combo trumps that! adding chocolate to grilled cheese? uh-mazing!

Erika — April 29, 2012 @ 9:20 pm

Oh my god. I just had a brie and strawberry panini at a fancy pants golf tournament I went to and this looks even better. Pastry-like melting cheese and fruit PLUS CHOCOLATE?! Yum. Brilliant.

Courtney — April 29, 2012 @ 10:02 pm

i can’t believe this was never thought of before. your pic of the final product is great!

Ali — April 29, 2012 @ 11:26 pm

Oh, my that looks delic! I wonder coconut oil might work well here as well…?

Cookie and Kate — April 29, 2012 @ 11:58 pm

You didn’t! I want to eat this. I have everything but the brie… I’m on it!

Katie @ Veggie and the Beast — April 30, 2012 @ 4:02 pm

Ohhhkay. I want that, asap. The picture with the steam rising off the strawberries is just too much.

Amanda — April 30, 2012 @ 5:41 pm

I am a brie and fruit fanatic, and adding chocolate seems over-the-top wonderful! Can’t wait to try this!

LP @dishclips — May 1, 2012 @ 12:29 am

This looks phenomenal! Very decadent and delicious looking. Thanks for sharing!

Lea @ iCooklea — May 1, 2012 @ 5:56 am

OOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGGGG MAKING THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!

sweetmaddy — May 2, 2012 @ 5:24 pm

You are crazy. :)

Victoria — May 3, 2012 @ 6:37 pm

That’s the best looking grilled cheese sandwich I’ve ever laid eyes on! It totally rocks!

Rodrigo Eller — May 4, 2012 @ 11:18 pm

I tried and it’s awesome!
    little hard to find brie cheese here in Brazil, so i did with another cheese that looks like brie cheese.

you all should try it out!

Crystal-Lee — May 5, 2012 @ 10:53 pm

Wow…I am in love with this sandwich and I am definitely making this. I want to swear when I look at the photos…it looks that good. Mind blown.

dena @ohyoucook — May 7, 2012 @ 12:43 pm

Hi, Jessica! Just wanted you to know that I made your recipe as part of the Crazy Cooking Challenge. I hope you like my take on your yummy grilled cheeeeeeeese sandwich!

Laura — May 11, 2012 @ 1:37 pm

So I just nearly died. I am so going to do this, but with goats cheese instead of brie. Goats cheese with chocolate is just magic, and the strawberries will make it true soul food!

Katie — May 30, 2012 @ 11:29 pm

Mind Blown.

Claire — June 18, 2012 @ 4:14 pm

Brilliant, delicious…but i made too much and am about to collapse into a food coma

Alyssa — July 8, 2012 @ 4:20 pm

I finally tried this! I had double cream brie from Trader Joe’s, fresh whole wheat bread from Eataly in NYC, and tons of strawberries, so I decided it was time… I didn’t roast the strawberries because it’s about 97 degrees in my house, and the only chocolate I had was the Hershey’s dark that we use for s’mores, but it was still SO good. OMG. Delicious. I already want another one.

Alora — January 21, 2013 @ 3:20 am

I actually just got back from Key West where they have a dessert restaurant called “Better Than Sex” (http://betterthansexkeywest.com/) and they have the most delicious chocolate-brie grilled cheese. Instead of putting the strawberries on it, they make a soup with them and serve them on the side. It was sensational. I look forward to giving your version a try. I hadn’t considered it on a grain bread. That sounds delicious.

TiffanyJane — February 2, 2013 @ 11:48 am

Oh goodness!!!! Looks divine!!

Meri — February 5, 2013 @ 2:38 pm

This looks delicious beyond words! I cannot wait to make one of my own. Shared with my readers HERE: http://seektobemerry.blogspot.com/2013/02/winter-blahs.html Thanks for the sweet and savory inspiration:)

pikelet — February 9, 2013 @ 2:45 am

I just made this for lunch today. Amazing. You are a genius.

Photos here: http://stickypikelet.wordpress.com/2013/02/09/a-holiday-sandwich-like-no-other/

Krista — March 25, 2013 @ 2:27 pm

This is my new favorite sandwich, hands down. It was so good. So unbelievably good. A hundred rounds of applause!

Billy — July 15, 2013 @ 8:18 pm

Wow. I never thought about this. You are blowing my mind. I can’t wait to try this – my wife will definitely love it.

Jason — September 23, 2013 @ 6:19 pm

Are you kidding me? Random thought, but this totally reminds me of a Jamie Oliver show in which he eats dark chocolate, a frozen grape, and grappa all in one bit. He said it had the most amazing flavor interaction. Going to have to try this.

Paring Knife uses — September 24, 2013 @ 4:49 am

Yummmiiieeeee… i am loving it….. Roasted Strawberry + Chocolate with grilled cheese……

Reggie — December 4, 2013 @ 7:13 pm

wow these are amazing!!!

clau — December 20, 2013 @ 10:09 pm

Has anyone made this with mozzarella ?

Jan — January 5, 2014 @ 11:21 pm

Wow, just…Wow! I made this this weekend. I have reactions to strawberries (allergy actually) so i subbed raspberries instead of strawberries. My husband said it was the best desert he’s had in a long time. ‘Taste Nirvana’ is what I call it. Thank you for sharing. Jan

EDCKnifeManiac — January 9, 2014 @ 10:26 am

I’ve never tasted it :-/ … and I don’t know… I would like to try, but I’m really not sure if this is my kind of taste… :-) bacon 4ever

Matt — January 14, 2014 @ 1:16 am

This is decadent. The sweet pairs extremely nicely with the subtle saltiness from the brie.

Kristen @ The Endless Meal — January 27, 2014 @ 7:26 pm

I think you have just changed my life. This looks AMAZING!

Edward — February 8, 2014 @ 10:54 pm

Wow…. that looks amazing. Got to try making one soon.

ern — February 13, 2014 @ 11:54 pm

Had a long week of my baby in the NICU and needed a treat… THIS was the perfect pre-Valentine-spoil-myself treat! Thanks for the idea, you gave this new mom a much-needed lift!

Sharon Johnson — March 3, 2014 @ 4:47 am

Oh My Gracious — This sounds delightful! All I need are the Strawberries since I’m a ‘chocolateholic” and always have it on hand. And we love brie so it’s in the frige already. Even my nine year old granddaughter loves brie as well as goat cheese that showed up in one of the comments.
    I did try to click on the info for ‘winter grilling tips’ and had no success in doing so. It just kept coming back to the current page with no new info. Could you please help me? We live in the Denver area, love to grill year round and with the weather here we are able to do just that.

Allen — April 22, 2014 @ 12:55 am