One of these things is not like the other…

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I

I guess.

I mean, I really have no idea.

I eat chocolate and cheese together all the time (HOW WEIRD AM I?), but I just really wanted to say those words.

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I

This is just the beginning of my roasted strawberry obsession. Believe it. Last week I made pancakes with them and I even made something savory and I am fully planning on blasting you in the face with my full-blown fascination until the point of complete annoyance.

I’m sorry.

But not really. At all.

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I

Do you enjoy my use of super crusty (in a good way, not in a, uh… crusty way) multigrain bread? With some organic strawberries and cheese, dark chocolate (not nearly as delicious as milk, but whatever) and a sort-of healthy butter, this is practically a health food. Tons of antioxidants. Even some fiber. Obvious protein.

I think someone’s Friday just got better…

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese

makes 2 sandwiches

6 strawberries, quartered

1/2 teaspoon canola oil

pinch of salt

2 tablespoons butter

4 thick-cut slices of multigrain bread

2-3 ounces of brie cheese, sliced

1-2 ounces high-quality chocolate

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss strawberries with oil and salt, then spread on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.

Heat a large skillet or grilled over medium-low heat. Butter the sides of two slices of bread, place them on the skillet buttered-side down, then layer on a few slices of cheese, chocolate and strawberries. Top with a few more slices of cheese, then butter one side of the other bread slices, and place on top of the cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has started to melt, then gently flip the sandwich and cook until golden. Serve immediately!

Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheese I

And it’s not only mine.

265 Responses to “Roasted Strawberry, Brie + Chocolate Grilled Cheeeeeeeese.”

Libin — July 9, 2014 @ 3:42 pm

Omg… I have no Words. Just… Thank you

Mark M — August 10, 2014 @ 3:10 am

brie and chocolate .. wow! just wow!

bad but so GOOOD!

im going to try this over the weekend

153 — August 30, 2014 @ 12:32 am

Mmmm, this look so good! I am going to try this with my gf!
    We absolutely chocolate strawberries and now that you guys have made it into a grill cheesed style sandwich… in genniusss :)

Rachel — October 16, 2014 @ 1:04 am

WOW chocolate grilled + Brie combination sounds Yummy Yummy! Cant wait to prepare it for my BF and he gonna love it and me as-well. I feel like mouth-watering once seen this wonderful delicious dishes.

Rié|Portobello Design blog — November 9, 2014 @ 4:27 pm

Just an FYI, I posted your pictures and recipe on my blog Portobello Design Blog and embedded a link to your site. Also, I plugged your new cookbook, that looks amazing!, and embedded a link to Amazon. All the best, Rié

Edward Colin — November 23, 2014 @ 9:48 am

Many people would not think to add the cheese into a sweet dish like this one. For those that know, cheese can add a lot of creamy texture and give the salty & sweet flavor boost. I’m going to cut up some strawberries and try this one! Thanks

Robert Perry — January 14, 2015 @ 9:11 pm

Wow! Love innovation with food. This is certainly that. I’ve got to try this and surprise the wife with the chocolate,

Jordie — June 11, 2015 @ 4:05 pm

Hi! Thank you so much for your recipe! This is divine… I’ve made it three times but with nutella instead of dark chocolate.
    Today I made it again but I threw on some basil leaves… elevated to a whole new level. Amazing.

Punky Mom — August 4, 2015 @ 6:22 am

Mind blown! Will be posting about this tomorrow on our strawberry roundup

Ryan from — August 14, 2015 @ 4:06 pm

Whoa! I’ve never heard of anyone who would eat cheese and chocolate together. Looks delicious though!