What’s better than buttery, melt-in-your-mouth salmon?

Buttery, melt-in-your-mouth salmon topped with crispy bacon. !!!

I know. This is getting seriously ridiculous. All the bacon, all the time. But but but it just adds the perfect accent to, well… EVERYTHING.

However today, we’re talking about just a weeeeeee little slice on top of so-healthy-and-good-for-you fish. So it’s okay. It’s like, almost invisible.

And I don’t even love mayo, but this chipotle mayo takes these little bite sized sandwiches over the top. Promise. Swear on my boring little life. Swear on my teddy bear. Swear on my Lisa Frank trapper keeper. LYLAS. Swear.

so.much.flava.

They totally weren’t my idea though.

Earlier in the week my dad was raaaaaving about a salmon BLT sandwich he had, talking about how thick the salmon was and blah blah blah and for a non-food obsessed man, his description left my mouth watering. It’s no secret that we adore salmon in this house. It’s on the dinner rotation just about as often as chicken, you’re probably totally sick of seeing a new salmon recipe practically each week and if it was up to me, we’d eat it every single night for the rest of my life.

Well, it technically is up to me but I’d rather save four night’s worth of that money and blow it on ridiculously overpriced shoes. Or truffle salt. Whatever. Depends on my mood. And much to my husband’s dismay, both of those things are definitely an INVESTMENT. Read it and weep buddy.

I sort of think these salmon stacks are an investment too. Like, an investment in a happy mouth? Yeah. I know. That was horrific. Cue faux gagging now.

I knew the flavor combo would work though… since once upon a time I made some weirdo-but-incredible BLT salmon tacos. Wait. Do we just call everything smashed inside tortillas “tacos” these days? I do. I’m sure that thrills the important food people of the world.

The sliders come together quickly – in less than 20 minutes or so – and are such a fun twist on eating boring old salmon. And since we all know that mini things simply mean you can eat more, they are perfectly filling with a side of sweet potato fries. These make you feel like you’re devouring fun weekend food on cruddy school nights. These make you feel like you’re consuming something indulgent but mostly healthy. These make you feel like you should add bacon to your dinner every night. Which, um… obviously… you should*.

Salmon BLT Sliders with Chipotle Mayo

makes about 6-8 sliders

1 pound raw skinless salmon

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon pepper

2 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into thirds

2 tomatoes, sliced

lettuce for topping

1/2 cup mayonaisse

1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobo)

6 multigrain slider buns or dinner rolls, toasted if desired

Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat and add bacon. Cook until crispy and fat is rendered, then remove and let drain on a paper towel.

Preheat the broiler in your oven and place the top oven rack as close as it can go to the broiler. Cut the salmon in to squares pieces that fit the size of your buns, then cover both sides with salt and pepper. Place on a broiler pan (or nonstick baking sheet) and broil for 5 minutes. Gently flip and broil for about 5 minutes more. Note: This depends on the size of your salmon (and power of your broiler) – mine was about 1 inch thick, and this cooked it perfectly. I highly suggest taking the time to figure out how your broiler can perfectly crisp salmon because it makes a world of difference!

In a small bowl, mix mayo with adobo until smooth. Spread some on each bun, top with a square of salmon, a slice of bacon, a tomato sauce and lettuce. Eat!

*almost done. Promise.

110 Responses to “Crispy Salmon BLT Sliders with Chipotle Mayo.”

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — May 16, 2012 @ 6:56 am

I love this idea to switch it up from a beef or turkey slider!

Erika - The Teenage Taste — May 16, 2012 @ 7:04 am

Oh my gosh, these look great! I already love salmon, but put it on some good bread and slather it in chipotle mayo and I’m a very, very happy girl! :-)

Sally @ sally's baking addiction — May 16, 2012 @ 7:07 am

i love all your salmon recipes, this one especially because I feel like I could gobble up more than three of those. Jessica, I think you should start selling your recipes to a restaurant. Pretty sure I’d eat there everyday. I need to try truffle salt!

Nicky @ Pink Recipe Box — May 16, 2012 @ 7:09 am

I couldn’t get enough of your BBQ salmon burgers and I was planning on serving them this Friday. Menu swap! These gorgeous sliders are now going to be gracing our plates.

j3nn — May 16, 2012 @ 7:13 am

Salmon is one of my favorite things in the world. Yet sliders never occurred to me… until now. :twisted:

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — May 16, 2012 @ 7:21 am

I love sliders that aren’t ground beef – gorgeous!

Kim in MD — May 16, 2012 @ 7:29 am

Yum! I love salmon, but never thought to serve it as a slider! I love the chipotle mayo, and can’t wait to make this!

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch — May 16, 2012 @ 7:38 am

Salmon is one of my favorite things… ever! I know these are amazing!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — May 16, 2012 @ 7:59 am

I know I haven’t made these yet, but they’re already ranking up there on my list of favourite How Sweet recipes! I could totally eat salmon every night as well, and come to think of it, I like it even more than chicken. Hooray for omega 3s!

• Jessica — May 16th, 2012 @ 8:37 am

I like it more than chicken too!

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life — May 16, 2012 @ 8:10 am

I don’t even like seafood that much and you have me wanting to try those mini burgers!!! They look fantastic!!

Natalie @ Cooking for My Kids — May 16, 2012 @ 8:27 am

You are brilliant. It takes talent to make a sandwich look incredibly, amazingly mouth-watering….and you have that talent. It looks delicious!

Mimi — May 16, 2012 @ 8:35 am

Nom. Anything w/chipotle mayo and bacon is a winner! This will be made this week!

Emily — May 16, 2012 @ 8:53 am

Lisa Frank Trapper Keeper! Ahhhh, those were the days. Made me LOL this morning just thinking about it. These sliders look amazing – and I’m thinking the chipotle plus bacon will make the thought of mayo a lot easier to swallow.

Maria — May 16, 2012 @ 8:54 am

Cute little sliders!

Julia {The Roasted Root} — May 16, 2012 @ 8:58 am

I’d invest in these sliders any day! And it doesn’t bother me that there’s bacon on them….I wouldn’t mind trippling up on the bacon ;) I’m not a big mayo person either but the way you make it sound, I’d definitely be slathering on the chipotle mayo! :)

Kulsum at JourneyKitchen — May 16, 2012 @ 9:02 am

I recently had something similar in sandwich form. It also has sugar snaps :) LOVE it.

Catalina @ Cake with Love — May 16, 2012 @ 9:07 am

Love the idea of using salmon for the sliders, and also they go so well with the chipotle mayo!

[New Balance] Nicole — May 16, 2012 @ 9:07 am

I have wanted to eat some salmon lately and this looks like the perfect meal! Yum!

Lori @ RecipeGirl — May 16, 2012 @ 9:09 am

bridget {bake at 350} — May 16, 2012 @ 9:09 am

We LOOOVE salmon around here, too! Even my 13-year-old. I made a fish recipe last week and he made a comment that it was good, but would have been better with salmon. He was right. He and the hubby will go ga-ga for these!

Emilie @ Emilie's Enjoyables — May 16, 2012 @ 9:12 am

I’m just as obsessed with salmon as you are…and I’m slowly getting there with bacon. So no complaints on this end :)

Lauren — May 16, 2012 @ 9:18 am

These sound perfect!! Love this combo.

Cait's Plate — May 16, 2012 @ 9:24 am

I dropped “LYLAS” the other day in conversation and all I can say is that I just love you that much more for having read it up there.

Also? Salmon + Chipotle Mayo = Heaven.

Cassie — May 16, 2012 @ 9:25 am

Nothing is better than melt-in-your-mouth salmon. It is definitely my #1 choice. These are mouthwatering!

Chelsy — May 16, 2012 @ 9:35 am

Keep the salmon recipes coming girl! I could eat it every night of the week too!

Ryan @ Spicy Richmond — May 16, 2012 @ 9:41 am

Made some mayo with adobo sauce and TWO chili peppers. Very bad idea. Well, it tasted great but I was running around my kitchen shoving everything into my mouth trying to cool it down…it happens.

• Jessica — May 16th, 2012 @ 9:44 am

Ouch.

Annie @ What's Annie Making? — May 16, 2012 @ 9:43 am

Shoes definitely are an investment :) These look so cute and fun! I love that they are mini. Where do you find mini buns?

• Jessica — May 16th, 2012 @ 9:44 am

My local grocery store carries slider buns – I’m thinking they may be more prominent in the summer time, but you can always use some sort of dinner roll!

Yammie @ Yammie's Noshery — May 16, 2012 @ 10:01 am

I FREAKIN LOVE SALMON.

Meghan — May 16, 2012 @ 10:10 am

Bacon makes EVERYTHING better! I made Maple Bacon Ice Cream the other day and O.M.G

Rachel — May 16, 2012 @ 10:16 am

I love salmon and bacon together! The restaurant I work at serves a broiled salmon with spinach, bacon, and blue cheese on top! YUM! Thanks for sharing!

Megan {Country Cleaver} — May 16, 2012 @ 10:16 am

Salmon is kind of a big deal here in Seattle and with the Copper River run starting this week – Mama’s gonna have a boat load (yeah, I’m starting the day with fishing puns) of salmon and these babies are SO on my list.
    The buns also have my hearts beating a little more rapidly…and the bacon. dang.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — May 16, 2012 @ 10:28 am

seriously there is NOTHING like a really good piece of salmon. i always start drooling when it’s labeled “crispy” too – bacon of the sea my friend ;)

John @ Gastrofine — May 16, 2012 @ 10:35 am

I know chipotle mayo is nothing new, but it just never seems to get old. Beautiful pictures in this post, as always.

Meghan @ Life Post-Cornell — May 16, 2012 @ 10:51 am

These sliders are beautiful and I need them in my life. I love broiling salmon, it’s super simple, fast, and delicious! Adding this to my ever-growing list of How Sweet recipes to try!

Moni Meals — May 16, 2012 @ 11:25 am

GASP! How did you now this is one of my fav meals that I order out here in a place in L.A. ?? Yours I have to say though, may even look better. :) I can’t wait to try this. :)

Averie @ Averie Cooks — May 16, 2012 @ 11:34 am

That salmon is cooked to perfect and the chipotle mayo…I’d put that on everything! Gosh that sounds so good. At 830am. Lol

Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — May 16, 2012 @ 11:41 am

If there’s salmon in it, it makes it healthier than a regular BLT, yes?

Stephanie — May 16, 2012 @ 11:46 am

Sliders don’t make me feel as guilty eating as they are so tiny! Thanks for the recipe!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — May 16, 2012 @ 11:48 am

These look mouthwatering! What a relief to see a salmon burger that isn’t all ground up – As tasty as those look too, I can’t bear doing that to my favorite fish!

stacy t — May 16, 2012 @ 12:24 pm

oh i love the chipolte mayo!! in my grocery store, the sell the adobe sauce in a ketchup bottle….it makes me happy! as for the salmon *gag*, i just can’t do it but mahi mahi,most definitely!!

• stacy t — May 16th, 2012 @ 12:26 pm

OR make a shrimp salad with the chipolte mayo!! oh my! i think i must!

• stacy t — May 16th, 2012 @ 12:27 pm

in a hot dog bun…..like a lobster roll thinger! ok – i’m done. promise

Stacy @ Say It With Sprinkles — May 16, 2012 @ 12:35 pm

Tiny salmon sliders rock my world in a big way, haha <3

Liz — May 16, 2012 @ 12:35 pm

I absolutely LOVE the bacon kick that you are on! Everything looks so tasty!

Chrissy — May 16, 2012 @ 1:54 pm

oooo la la. Salmon AND bacon? Sign me up!

Lynna — May 16, 2012 @ 2:06 pm

srsly, i`m going to be dreaming about this tonight.

Quiche-ing Queen — May 16, 2012 @ 2:17 pm

I will never grow tired of bacon. Love it! This looks so delicious. Salmon is my favorite fish.

honeywhatscooking — May 16, 2012 @ 3:36 pm

oh man this looks uh-mazing! I love salmon.. and the chipotle mayo is amazing.. love Mex food and sauces.

FoodFaceChomp! — May 16, 2012 @ 3:37 pm

I may need to make these tonight. I love how simple and accessible this recipe is for a novice like me!

Lisa — May 16, 2012 @ 4:00 pm

Love all seafood! Keep the recipes coming. I always have fresh seafood, living in the south. Have you tried ina gartens asian grilled salmon? So far its my fave.

Yum Yucky — May 16, 2012 @ 4:47 pm

huh? with da bacons on it?
    “oh no she didn’t!”
    oh YES she did!!
    #loveit

Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run — May 16, 2012 @ 4:52 pm

Now THAT is one way I can get my husband to eat salmon. ;)

1. Pingback: Cape Breton University » Blog Archive » Spring Recipe Round-Up

2. Pingback: Salmon BLT Sliders with Chipotle Mayo | Food Recipe Directory

3. Pingback: 101 Memorial Day Recipes - I Wash You Dry

4. Pingback: What’s Cooking « SweetPromises

5. Pingback: Crispy Salmon BLT « HYPEBEASTEATS | eat good, stay fresh!

6. Pingback: The Liebster Blog Award — Brittney Breathing

7. Pingback: Salmon BLT Sliders & A Blog Award — Brittney Breathing

8. Pingback: Salmon BLT Sliders with Chipotle Mayo

9. Pingback: Do You Meal-Plan? | gfinthegreenmountains

10. Pingback: Vale Design : Freelance Package Design & Branding: mmm … | The Freelance Place

11. Pingback: BLT with Avocado Spread

12. Pingback: Weekend Highlights + Weekly Menu — Brittney Breathing

13. Pingback: Eat Your Grains! Quinoa Recipes

14. Pingback: Weeknight Dinner Ideas: 5 Dishes You Won’t Want to Miss! | The Nest Blog – Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice

15. Pingback: Easy Grilled Maple Dijon Salmon with Bacon | How Sweet It Is

16. Pingback: 5 Delicious Dishes from the Nest - Live and Inspire, by Lauretta Marie Pierce

17. Pingback: Tasty Tuesday: Quinoa Burgers! | Ralph & Lou

18. Pingback: Crispy Quinoa Sliders

19. Pingback: Chobani Yogurt -Our Blog -Grilled Salmon BLT Slider With Chobani Sriracha Sauce

20. Pingback: Labor Day Recipes: Eat Like You Don't Have To Go To Work - Informant Daily

21. Pingback: Football Food! [135 Recipes For Football Season.] | How Sweet It Is

22. Pingback: Bacon Avocado Salmon Sliders | Caffeinated Existence

23. Pingback: 20 Weeks of (different!) Healthier Dinner Ideas | How Sweet It Is

24. Pingback: The Lady Thing The Best Seafood Recipes Around - The Lady Thing

25. Pingback: Crispy Salmon BLT Sliders | Butterfly Kisses

26. Pingback: Crispy Salmon BLT Sliders with Chipotle Mayo. - Live and Inspire, by Lauretta Marie Pierce

27. Pingback: Pinterest Food Friday – Salmon BLTs | JennMann…

28. Pingback: 12 Exceptions To The Rule That You Shouldn’t Drink Red Wine With Fish | Gymrat Fitness

29. Pingback: Salmon BLT Sliders with an Avocado Aioli & Brie | the little kitchen