1. That ice cream I talked about yesterday? Ummm it was just, oh…OREO CHEESECAKE. Uh yeah. It was as horrible as it looks.

2. I totally pulled a huge Mother Lovett this weekend and spent a good majority of my time “supervising” my husband doing yard work while I sat on the driveway sunning myself and while my neighbors probably gossiped on how I am the worst wife known to man. Actually, that’s a lie. She definitely would have still been doing some sort of work and just screaming and yelling at my grandpa in between chores.

3. I might be starting to like iced coffee! It has to be like one with 657 calories, but I think I’m getting there.

4. I know that my adoration for sprinkles and glitter and all things sparkly is getting quite ridiculous at this age, but I am soooo enthralled with these funfetti cookies. I can’t stop thinking about them. So bright!

5. I’ve also been legitimately losing my mind over this seven sins chocolate cake. WHAT. UGH. Can’t even take it.

6. These are just a few out takes from lunch on Friday with face baby. I wish these even did him justice. They don’t. Is this kid even real? I’m petitioning for a “daily face baby” blog.

7. Okay, get this. Saturday morning I wake up from a seriously dead sleep and right smack dab in the middle of a dream. Know what the dream was about? I was in Girls. Like, literally! Girls was real life, I was involved and in the middle of a discussion on the street with Jessa and Hannah. I am not even joking.

8. But when I told my husband (who still refuses to even watch and calls it complete trash) he said in a very non-amused voice, “that would never happen because you have you sh*t together.” Hmmm… really? How have I been able to fool him for so long?

9. Oh and I also loved this week’s episode. But let it be known that I’m like the worst critic ever. Which I’m quite sure you’re already aware of given my love professions for things like neon leg warmers, top 40 music and every Nicholas Sparks’ book-made-movie known to man.

10. Whoever the person is who created crunchy Biscoff? I wish they never existed. So do all of my clothes.

11. And another thing I can’t keep my paws out of? That dumb peanut butter chocolate ganache from the ice cream cupcakes. No seriously. Sunday I went at it with a salty sourdough pretzel and last night it was just a spoon.

12. Last week at some point I started blasting “90s summer hits” on Pandora and I have to say, I was sort of disappointed. A lot of Weezer and stuff that reminded me of bad decisions and also made me feel like I was stuck inside an American Pie movie, but like… where was the Ace of Base? OMC? Lisa Loeb? All I must say is… how bizarre.

13. With that, I’m done. Waaay too much of a loser today.

85 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness — May 29, 2012 @ 11:43 pm

The Nineties is THE DECADE for summer music. Hootie & The Blowfish, Gin Blossoms, Blues Traveler… love love love

Connie — May 30, 2012 @ 12:01 am

I think I’ve had my fair share of pulling a “Mother Lovett”! Hahaha, that is what husbands are for, right? And yes, 90s music is perfect for summer. I would be so sad if I heard no Gin Blossoms, Ace of Base and Lisa Loeb. However horrible that Oreo cheesecake ice cream may look, I think it needs to take up some real estate in my mouth! I, too, love Top 40s music and Nicholas Sparks book –> movie. So far, I think my favorites are The Notebook and Message in a Bottle.

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy — May 30, 2012 @ 12:11 am

Your love for neon is rubbing off on me. Remember that leopard Victoria’s Secret bathing suit you posted a while ago? Last night, I bought it. And I’m excited for it to arrive in the mail :).

Laura — May 30, 2012 @ 4:56 am

Hahaha, I love it! You’re hilarious! And that seven sins chocolate cake, oh, I saw it and all I want to do is bake really chocolately things since.

tanya — May 30, 2012 @ 6:45 am

That’s a massive ice cream cone! I love the banana bread and bacon! Makes perfect sense!! Can’t wait to try it!

Mallory — May 30, 2012 @ 7:11 am

I bought a ton of sprinkles yesterday because I couldn’t get those funfetti cookies out of my head either! And now that cake is in my head…Oh Lordy.

Jennifer — May 30, 2012 @ 7:38 am

If I’m going to pick 90s music, I’m not sure I completely want to hear 90s grunge because as you said—bad decision memories.

Oreo cheesecake ice cream! How awesome was it?!

Dan McCullough — May 30, 2012 @ 9:29 am

I’m still on the fence about “Girls”, although this week’s episode was very good, especially the part where David Mamet’s daughter beats up that guy while on crack and (apparently) wearing no pants.

But a couple of times I’ve had to turn it off because it was too rough. And I’m certainly no prude. Maybe because I’m not a girl, or maybe because I have a daughter about the age of those characters.

It makes me alternately laugh out loud and cringe.

I’m still trying to forget ’90s music. Too soon!

Hayley — May 30, 2012 @ 10:21 am

I’ve been following your blog for awhile now, I LOVE IT! Thank you for the perfect balance of humor and sugar and spice. Also, I think that in a former life, you must have been my awesome big sister; for I find myself relating to wayyy too much on this site. Anyways, thanks again!
    :) Hayley

Katie — May 30, 2012 @ 11:10 am

still loving Girls, it’s my weekly laugh fest.

and YES YES YES to face baby blog. can you make it a thing on yours.. kinda like the crumbs? that would be awesome.

Mia — May 30, 2012 @ 11:13 am

90s music. 80s music. I love it all. Pandora really screws up sometimes (not that that stops me from using it. I made a Fresh Prince station on Saturday while I was having never-ending baking disasters for a Sunday barbecue. LOVE it)

Fred W. — May 30, 2012 @ 12:05 pm

Thanks for the handsome man photos…they made my day..!!
    Cheers…

Ang — May 30, 2012 @ 2:11 pm

I’m glad your husband thinks you have your shit together…My husband made a comment that “this Hannah girl is almost as neurotic as you”. lol. The good news is that I forced my husband to watch Girls and he finally broke down and admitted he kind of liked it!

I love 90s grunge music…I am now at the age where I miss making bad decisions! ;p

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — May 30, 2012 @ 2:37 pm

That ice cream is insane. Yard work … meh. And that baby…he’s awesome lol

Jillian — May 30, 2012 @ 3:10 pm

Its official, I think we are long lost sisters! Not to be stalkerish or anything…But I am also loving GIRLS…when she feel off the Bike, and why does he call her “Kid”, and the girl on Crack. All of it is great!!! None of my friends watch it so I just had to reminis with someone who got it. And BTW, I wast just listening to Ace of Base, I saw the Sign, over the weekend. I was basically screaming/singing the words and my friends five year old that I take every now and then, thought I had lost my mind. And Thank you of reminding me about Lisa Loeb. I probably still have the video of me and my friends singing and dancing dramatically to that song. Or actually, I hope I don’t because it could be used as blackmail. Speaking of my clothes hating someone, they are not that fond of you for having awesome recipes that I keep making!

Amber @ Slim Pickin's Kitchen — May 30, 2012 @ 4:38 pm

I’m with you on the crunchy Biscoff! I just ate not one, but TWO spoonfuls! I’ve had a bad week though. I deserve it!

Tracy {Pale Yellow} — May 30, 2012 @ 5:42 pm

Create an “Ace of Base” playlist on Pandora. The music is awesome and you can finding me rocking out to it, especially on Sundays!

Jennifer — May 30, 2012 @ 11:39 pm

I am all for a face baby blog. This kid is ridiculously awesome. I don’t think he has ever taken a picture where he is just smiling. I love it!!

And, yeah, that ice cream looks horrid…. :D

Anita — May 31, 2012 @ 6:29 am

That face is awesome! My cousins have a boy about that age and I just wanna nom his CHEEEEEKS!! chompchomp! I get a dose on occasion on Facebook – the pics are very similar to yours.

Mary S. — May 31, 2012 @ 10:34 am

I wish I had a neighbor like you…all of the wives in my neighborhood help their husbands do yardwork and make me feel guilty for not feeling guilty. I sat on the patio this weekend watching the hubby haul bags of mulch…as I sipped on a delicious cold adult beverage and listened to the radio. He would just glare at me when my sing-a-longs got too loud…

Ali — May 31, 2012 @ 11:05 am

holy moly, where in the world did you get that ice cream?!?! i need to go there, stat!

• Jessica — May 31st, 2012 @ 11:06 am

Kerber’s! I think your hubby will know where it is. :)

Jenn — May 31, 2012 @ 1:02 pm

Since you love Girls as well, I thought I’d share a post I wrote about James Franco’s take on “Girls” – I took issue with a variety of his comments. See what you think. http://jenngallivan.blogspot.com/2012/05/grading-girls.html

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — June 1, 2012 @ 9:47 pm

OMG – those pictures of that kid are freakin’ hilarious!!! I died!!

Kate — June 5, 2012 @ 3:25 pm

Jessica, I seriously laugh out loud every time there are “face baby” pictures. Seriously, out loud. He is too cute!! Love the faces – keep ‘em coming!!

adie (adiecakes) — June 12, 2012 @ 1:00 pm

Try the 90’s pop station! It’s far superior in selection – you’ll get your Ace of Base, Hootie, BSB and *NSYNC fix for life. I promise!