I fully believe something.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Kahlua Milkshakes I howsweeteats.com

At certain times, there isn’t much better in this world than chocolate chip cookies. And chocolate chip cookies are so perfect on their own that they rarely need to be trashed up.

Right? Right.

Fortunately I’m always right. My husband loves it.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Kahlua Milkshakes I howsweeteats.com

Annnnd another thing I fully believe is that store-bought cookies generally taste like garbage. With a few exceptions (I’m looking at you, E.L. Fudge), I will almost always choose to take the time to throw together a quick batch, or I’d much rather have another dessert. Like cheesecake. This is like one of those life lessons you learn while growing up, after multiple emotional breakdowns in your 20s when the peanut butter cookies near the check-out line accidentally jump in your cart, you break in to them before you’re out of the parking lot which is only followed by utter disappointment because they taste like chemical cardboard.

And speaking of life lessons learned in your 20s, I really feel like I need to learn how to sew. I don’t want to at all, but am not sure I’ll feel complete hitting 30 without doing so. Shucks.

So… just say no to store-bought cookies.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Kahlua Milkshakes I howsweeteats.com

EXCEPT… when you live right near an incredible bakery that makes some of the best cookies known to man. Like cookies the size of your head. Cookies so thick, that you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA how to recreate such things and it drives you seriously insane.

Do you know how good these cookies are? My husband recently admitted that back in time, pre-Jessica, he was dating a girl that lived nearly an hour away, and actually feared the relationship moving forward because he could not fathom moving out of his apartment… which was less than a mile away from the cookies. He was scared to death to leave the cookies, which okay- whatever, may have been fear of commitment or something – and suffered from severe anxiety over being so far from the cookies.

I wish you could see how serious he was about this. Not a lash was blinked. Not was smirk was formed.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Kahlua Milkshakes I howsweeteats.com

Anyway – we’ve been back on the cookie bandwagon. Big time. And over Memorial Day weekend, we had like, eight cookies left by the time Monday night rolled around, and after such gluttonous festivities, these cookies NEEDED to be gone. But um… you can’t just throw these cookies away. And really, we didn’t want to feel like pigs and actually EAT them all… because they are huge.

But! I had a total lightbulb moment. If I blended the cookies in a milkshake, then it wouldn’t be like we were REALLY eating them all. We’re like, drinking them. Very different then chewing. And since I had a ton of coffee ice cream leftover and screaming my name in the freezer… you can obviously see what I did.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Kahlua Milkshakes I howsweeteats.com

Except now? This is a huge problem. I can’t stop making these stupid shakes. They are SO GOOD. Now, when I head to Delallo’s on the weekend, I have to buy even MORE cookies. Enough cookies to eat, and extra cookies to blend in the milkshakes. Huge, huge problem.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Kahlua Milkshakes I howsweeteats.com

Chocolate Chip Cookie Kahlua Milkshakes

makes 2 shakes

2 cups coffee ice cream

1 1/2 cups milk (I used vanilla almond-coconut milk)

1/2 cup kahlua

2 large chocolate chip cookies + 1 more to crumble on top

6 ice cubes

Add all ingredients to a blender and process until almost smooth, leaving some small pieces of cookie if possible. Pour in glasses and crumble more cookies on top. Serve!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Kahlua Milkshakes I howsweeteats.com
Save me.

101 Responses to “Chocolate Chip Cookie Kahlua Milkshakes.”

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — June 8, 2012 @ 4:51 pm

This is trouble on a whole other level

Laura — June 8, 2012 @ 4:58 pm

Incredible! Can it get any better than this? Really? I don’t think so.

Jessica — June 8, 2012 @ 5:25 pm

I’m not a huge cookie eater, but I could definitely get on board with this! Loving the cookie chunks on top.

Casey — June 8, 2012 @ 6:22 pm

OMG I thought those were scones at first!!

Quiche-ing Queen — June 8, 2012 @ 7:37 pm

Cookies are a favorite dessert of mine but I would love to try one of these shakes. The presentation is so cute.

Moni Meals — June 8, 2012 @ 8:25 pm

Oh man! I can think of some really great occasions to make these. wow thanks Jessica!

Kristen C — June 8, 2012 @ 9:12 pm

This is everything that is right and wrong about America. So amazing.

• Jessica — June 10th, 2012 @ 8:26 pm

Ha. My thoughts exactly.

Courtney @educatedderelicts — June 8, 2012 @ 9:59 pm

Yuuum I am seriously considering making these with cookie dough! And you just reminded me that I have cheesecake in the fridge. Oh joy :)

Phoebe — June 8, 2012 @ 10:44 pm

Omg this looks so good it’s crazy

Nancy @ CouponClippingCook — June 8, 2012 @ 11:10 pm

all I can say is…..OMG in capital letters. wow. I could have one or ten of these.

Jennifer — June 9, 2012 @ 10:49 am

Holy smokes! These could get me in serious trouble! I feel like I need to move closer to this bakery.

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen Notes — June 9, 2012 @ 10:51 am

Between the neon clothes and the sewing you always have me laughing! I too took sewing classes in my 20´s and truly believed for a while that I would be able to duplicate any piece of clothing. There´s a reason why there are so many clothing stores! I´m not a fan of cookies, but the coffee ice cream and kahlua can pretty much change me forever.

Lynna — June 9, 2012 @ 3:11 pm

uhh….another way to eat, i mean, drink chocolate chip cookies? crap, i`m in trouble now.

Kathy — June 9, 2012 @ 3:28 pm

Oooooh. I’m not a coffee fan, but I bet this would work with Bailey’s and regular ole vanilla ice cream, too.

• Jessica — June 10th, 2012 @ 8:21 pm

I made them with Bailey’s once already too – totally works!

marcellina — June 9, 2012 @ 7:28 pm

Who would have thought? Wow, you’re a genius! I think you are going to have to patent that and hide the recipe immediately! Brilliant! Luckily I made some choc chip cookies the other day, we can have these today!

Überall & Nirgendwo — June 10, 2012 @ 2:06 am

I say no to storebought cookies…..and a big yeeeeeessssssssssss to your shake! Adorable!

Cookin' Canuck — June 10, 2012 @ 9:34 am

Oh, good god, woman…these look absolutely incredible. It seems like you just can’t go wrong with chocolate chip cookies and coffee ice cream. I love your husband’s dedication to the bakery cookies.

Vicky @ Recipe Adaptors — June 10, 2012 @ 9:54 am

Hi Jessica! Sorry I haven’t commented for a while (*slap my hand*), but I promise I have been still been reading all your amazing creations.

Anyway, I just made something I think you would like (involving chocolate, cake and cookies) – check them out :-)

• Jessica — June 10th, 2012 @ 8:19 pm

Those look delicious!!

Sharyn Dimmick — June 10, 2012 @ 1:36 pm

Don’t the cookies clog the straw — or is that just for show?

• Jessica — June 10th, 2012 @ 8:18 pm

Nope they really don’t – they are pretty ground up in the blender and by the time you get to the bottom, the ones sprinkles on top aren’t as crispy or chewy anymore!

Villy @ For the love of Feeding — June 10, 2012 @ 4:51 pm

Why am I not drinking this right now????

chefroommate — June 10, 2012 @ 8:12 pm

This is genius – I need to get on this train immediately.

Mary — June 10, 2012 @ 9:20 pm

This post was the best birthday present I got all day btw. I would have mentioned that Friday but I was too busy forgetting my arrival to the quarter century mark with lots and lots of booze. But thanks for this! These were great hangover remedies the next day :)

Jess in Indy — June 10, 2012 @ 10:56 pm

good lord these look amazing.

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes — June 11, 2012 @ 2:05 am

I would do just about anything for one of these right now hahaha

sally @ sallys baking addiction — June 11, 2012 @ 6:40 am

These milkshakes are outta this world! Cookies + coffee + alcohol in one creamy, chocolatey, smooth shake. I’m like in heaven right now.

Emily (The Culinary Couple) — June 11, 2012 @ 8:27 pm

Can you believe that I haven’t yet had anything from DeLallo’s bakery? Perhaps we should skip our lunch date next week and just go there to eat cookies?

Alex — July 15, 2012 @ 3:52 pm

You’re missing one thing in your collection of “insane things to eat”, that’s homemade coffee ice cream. I’m usually able to convince people who don’t like coffee-flavored things that this is the best thing in the world.

* 6 egg yolks (you can make beer marshmallows with the whites)
    * 1 1/2 cup of sugar
    * 4 cups whipping cream (yeah, the 35% fat stuff).
    * instant espresso powder (yeah, I know. Don’t worry.)

1. Whisk the yolks until they get foamy. Add sugar and keep whisking the mixture until the sugar is dissolved.
    2. Add the cream and shots of espresso, whisk at a slow speed. The whisking has the added benefit of adding some air, so it’s fluffier when it freezes. Be careful not to turn the whole thing into whipped cream. How many shots you ask? I usually put a couple of spoons of instant coffee in a shot glass with a few drops of water (just enough to dissolve the powder), mix the thing with a spoon, add to the mixture, whisk, taste, and repeat until satisfied.
    3. Put in freezer friendly container. If you’re lazy, put it in the freezer and forget it until the next morning. If you’re not lazy, every 30 min or so for about 2-3 hours, take the bowl out and try to mix it as much as possible, with a spoon or a fork. Of course, sample the mixture as much as possible.

Kyla — June 27, 2013 @ 7:37 pm

Is it possible to use vanilla ice cream instead of coffee ice cream? I’m not a big fan of coffee ice cream, or coffee in general

trishna87 — June 26, 2014 @ 10:03 am

If you can’t use any alcohol, what’s a good substitute?